SFL action tonight.

Del Oro 2-1 vs. Sac 1-2
Granite Bay 2-1 vs. Vacaville 1-2
Grant 0-3 vs. Franklin 2-1
Rocklin 2-1 vs. Rio Americano 1-1
Whitney 2-1 vs. Lincoln 2-1
Folsom 2-0 vs. De La Salle 2-1
Oak Ridge - no game

All eyes on the De La Salle Folsom game tonight which will answer many questions regarding this Folsom team.
  • Out of the yard- Can the Folsom 2019 pack run with the big dogs or not. The bell tolls tonight, hometown crowd, plethora of Talent vs. the green machine in act two.
Three other games that I think will be interesting to watch for will be Whitney vs. Lincoln, Grant vs. Franklin and Granite Bay vs. Vacaville. I’m not sure any of these games are a lock for the SFL this week. These games might answer a few questions that might help calibrate the wide open middle pack of the SFL.
  • How good is this Whitney team, will they challenge the GB’s, DO, Grant and Rocklin teams in league play. All things are pointing up for the Wildcats.
  • Can Grant overcome their slow start, a statement win might spark a realistic push to even be considered a playoff team in 2019. Starting 0-4 before league would be hugely disappointing start for the beloved Pacers.
  • Is Granite Bay back in the drivers seat. This team looks to be a legitimate contender and looking ahead at a potential playoff scenario, we have DO, OR in D1 bracket and GB postured to take the top spot as one of the SFL incumbent playoff teams in D2.
For fun here’s my prediction on tonight’s matchups
  • Lincoln wins in a shootout
  • Rio Americano gets blown out
  • Granite Bay upset by Vacaville
  • Grant rises from the ashes
  • Folsom loses by two scores
Questions answered this week for SFL team.

Thought, predictions, hot takes welcome...

Reactions: THEOC89
All Good takes, a lot of interesting matchups. I personally think Granite Bay will beat Vacaville. And I am not sure if the Whitney Lincoln game will be a shootout. Whitney vs Lincoln on highway 65 has molded itself into a rivalry of its own. Last year's game was a GREAT atmosphere in Lincoln and I expect the same type of crowd @ Whitney. The schools are only about 5 miles apart. My one upset is I think Franklin can beat Grant.

All Good takes, a lot of interesting matchups. I personally think Granite Bay will beat Vacaville. And I am not sure if the Whitney Lincoln game will be a shootout. Whitney vs Lincoln on highway 65 has molded itself into a rivalry of its own. Last year's game was a GREAT atmosphere in Lincoln and I expect the same type of crowd @ Whitney. The schools are only about 5 miles apart. My one upset is I think Franklin can beat Grant.

Good call on that whitney game, I really haven't seen enough of the cats yet beyond the highlights and stats. Both teams look like they can lite up a scoreboard and it's a rivalry game. Much like the quarry bowl which I can't wait to see.

My grant pick has some implied bias based on wanting to see that team catch fire and a ground control opponent that can be outscored. Franklin has a big oline, no doubt and could be a one sided affair at 21- 7, or grant wakes up not sure which.

Granite Bay on film should be favored but Vacaville is a tough out with swag. Good games tonight.

Thoughts on Folsom DLS? Rocklin vs. Rio?
T.G.I.F, have fun!

After tonight's games here are the SFL standings to date. 5 of 5 on my predictions above...

Oak Ridge 3-0
Del Oro 3-1
Rocklin 3-1 has now scored 160 in 4 games.
Granite Bay 2-2
Folsom 2-1
Whitney 2-2
Grant 1-3

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Wow, Whitney lost to Lincoln? I thought Whitney’s QB was supposed to be a stud? Lincoln’s D outstanding?

Wow, Whitney lost to Lincoln? I thought Whitney’s QB was supposed to be a stud? Lincoln’s D outstanding?
Lincoln’s D is pretty good, they returned 10 defensive starters from last season. Whitney was 0-10 last season. The outcome didn’t surprise me.

Reactions: ThunderRam
We will find out soon enough where Whitneys program is headed. They begin the gauntlet of the SFL next week with Quarry Bowl and Rocklin...The Thunder are far above where they fell to last season....I have seen clips of the WHS QB on the net...Most of them are him completing passes to wide open guys with little pressure....The SFL will make or break him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT