ADVERTISEMENT

SRV @ DLS, huge showdown!

Pass complete over the middle, 1st down at the 50.

Pass to left flat gets 8…

HUGE SACK ALL THE WAY TO THE 42!

3rd and 18…

Pass knocked down at the line, 4th down.

Punter is out there…

He punts it to the Sparty 40.

6:42 left.

and a holding call to boot, Sparty at midfield.

HUGE run to the 14!

2 yard gain to the 12….

QB KEEPER AROUND RIGHT END FOR A SCORE!!!

26-12. PAT is good…

27-12. 5:08 left.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Kick out of end zone, SRV touchback.

QB escapes the rush, gains 14. For the 2nd time, fans on this side not being classy after he went down with what looks like a bad cramp.

Reactions: aztecpadre
WB escapes rush again, is OBLITERATED on the 3, but 1st down.

Pass to the corner, nope…

2nd down pass to Zack Johnson fir an SRV TD!

PAT good…. 27-19, 3:14 left…

watching for an onside kick….

Recovered by SRV!

Their ball on the Sparty 45.

Short pass to Jones nets 8….

He escapes again, gets to the 12, 2:27 left.

And again, gets 6. 2nd down.

He hits a wide open receiver at the goal line, TOUCHDOWN.

Time out, SRV looking for a way to get a 2-point conversion…. Right now, it’s 27-25 DLS.

Nice return to the 36…

Run gets just a couple…

False start…

QB keeper, gets to the 43, but…. FMBLLLLLE!

SRV RECOVERS!

Pass gets to sideline, 8 yards…

Pass thrown away, 3rd down…. 38.9 left.

WB draw for a first down…. 27 srconds. 30 yard line.

Incomplete pass, 23.4 seconds.

Ya might say this game has lived up to the hype…. Another QB keeper gets it to yhe 19, 9.1 seconds left…. FG kicker sets up, DLS calls time…

The kick is NO GOOD!!

1st down pass, nope…

2nd down draws a PI.

SRV on the 12.

Pass over the middle complete for a TD…. but a holding call. 1st and 19.

Incomplete pass, 2nd down.

Pass complete for a short gain, 3rd down.

Incomplete pass to end zone…. 4th down.

FG try…. NO!!

DLS has their shot now…

run gets 7…

Run gets about 5 more, 1st down on 13.

QB keeper around end gets all the way to the 1!

Reactions: concrete17
First down…

FALSE START. sheeeeeesh…

First and 6…

#22 off tackle…. TOUCHDOWN SPARTANS!!

33-27 final, a freaking WHALE of a GAME!
Thank you so much!!!…. So grateful for your play by play…. At the game I was at there were a bunch of us following this game from your posts on my phone!!… 🤣🍻🙏

Last edited:
Thank You again kiddman ,Sir. Again your talent saved the night. My sincerest respect and gratitude for what you do so naturally and enthusiasticly (Mrs C is that even a word or the correct sp?)
Thanks... Took awhile to navigate the choppy waters of the phone signal down there, but I had a ton of fun once I got going. :)

btw, I will enthusiastically supply you with the correct word. :)

Reactions: concrete17
Pass gets to sideline, 8 yards…

Pass thrown away, 3rd down…. 38.9 left.

WB draw for a first down…. 27 srconds. 30 yard line.

Incomplete pass, 23.4 seconds.

Ya might say this game has lived up to the hype…. Another QB keeper gets it to yhe 19, 9.1 seconds left…. FG kicker sets up, DLS calls time…

The kick is NO GOOD!!
SRV makes the FG, SRV wins and there is no OT win for DLS. I went back and forth on this pick’em as my 1 pointer. So close!

Reactions: THEOC89
THE WOLVES HAD THE CHANCE TO GO UNDEFEATED, COULD HAVE POSSIBE GET FIRST PLACE IN THE LEAGUE
IF SRV RUNS THE TABLE.....BUT the Wolves missed two PATs in the early game and another later, but the missed FG gave the wolves a win that failed. So many HS, College and pro teams have lost due to missed PATS and FG's.
Defense is the name of the game that all teams must work on, in this case, DLS had a strong running game and a very good defense that gave the Spartans the edge..So DLS said beat us if you can.

NorCal regionals are going to be interesting. This year, Serra stands out as the NorCal Open rep just as DLS has in the past. The Padres completed the gauntlet against some of the top NorCal teams and with ease. They are it! But, remains is a series of regional playoff games that are going to send the next wave of teams to state. DLS and SRV proved in this game that they will be two of the top teams in that next level of competition worthy of NorCal representation. Still gotta finish league and get thru sections. All I can say is that regionals are going to be pretty interesting with all of these potential matchups.

NorCal regionals are going to be interesting. This year, Serra stands out as the NorCal Open rep just as DLS has in the past. The Padres completed the gauntlet against some of the top NorCal teams and with ease. They are it! But, remains is a series of regional playoff games that are going to send the next wave of teams to state. DLS and SRV proved in this game that they will be two of the top teams in that next level of competition worthy of NorCal representation. Still gotta finish league and get thru sections. All I can say is that regionals are going to be pretty interesting with all of these potential matchups.
Hold on there a minute sir. Padres still have to get past Riordan, which will not be easy

Where was this kicker last year against MC in the Nor Cal finals? lol
He is a senior this year, so probably was the kicker last year too? He made 2 prior FGs last night of 35 and 42 yards. DLS called a TO before the snap to freeze him, and it appeared to work as he had more time to think about what making that kick would have meant. Poor kid is probably crushed.

You have to give SRV credit as they came back from dead after DLS scored 3 straight TDs in the 4th quarter. A good 25% to 33% of the fans on both sides were streaming for the exits after that 3rd TD. Glad I stuck it out! The DLS QB eluded Jones on that first one and looked downfield to see a wide open receiver with no Wolves within 20 yards of him. The very next possession saw Baker hit his receiver right in the hands only to see it bounce right into the arms of the Sparty defender for an easy pick 6.

DLS uncharacteristically turned the ball over a couple of times late in the game. They also committed a lot of PI penalties plus face mask and taunting penalties that aided SRV. The officiating was odd, but went both ways. 2 PIs looked obvious, but after no flags initially and some noise from the huge crowd, the back ref threw the flag late both times.

The onside kick call was even weirder. The kick took a couple of bounces, then hit the arm of a Spartan and went straight up, resulting in a mad scramble for the ball. The SRV players were initially celebrating that they recovered, but then the refs signaled that it was DLS ball. Then once the players unpiled, an SRV player jumped up with the ball. There was further confusion as the refs huddled, and came back to declare “The ruling on the field was that SRV had recovered, and then the ball was taken under the pile by a DLS player after it was dead”? Not only was that not what they had initially ruled, but how did the SRV player end up with the ball?

Crazy, but it was a crazy game. SRV showed they were able to move the ball on DLS, as well as hold them on defense. They looked every bit as good as Folsom when they played DLS. Great Friday night under the lights!

The onside kick call was even weirder. The kick took a couple of bounces, then hit the arm of a Spartan and went straight up, resulting in a mad scramble for the ball. The SRV players were initially celebrating that they recovered, but then the refs signaled that it was DLS ball. Then once the players unpiled, an SRV player jumped up with the ball. There was further confusion as the refs huddled, and came back to declare “The ruling on the field was that SRV had recovered, and then the ball was taken under the pile by a DLS player after it was dead”? Not only was that not what they had initially ruled, but how did the SRV player end up with the ball?
That Ref must be writing some of the excuses for lost home work or inability to complete make up quizzes for some of my teacher wife's grade school students. Since the Pandemic lock down the parental notes on homework have even Dr Seuss scratching his head

He is a senior this year, so probably was the kicker last year too? He made 2 prior FGs last night of 35 and 42 yards. DLS called a TO before the snap to freeze him, and it appeared to work as he had more time to think about what making that kick would have meant. Poor kid is probably crushed.

You have to give SRV credit as they came back from dead after DLS scored 3 straight TDs in the 4th quarter. A good 25% to 33% of the fans on both sides were streaming for the exits after that 3rd TD. Glad I stuck it out! The DLS QB eluded Jones on that first one and looked downfield to see a wide open receiver with no Wolves within 20 yards of him. The very next possession saw Baker hit his receiver right in the hands only to see it bounce right into the arms of the Sparty defender for an easy pick 6.

DLS uncharacteristically turned the ball over a couple of times late in the game. They also committed a lot of PI penalties plus face mask and taunting penalties that aided SRV. The officiating was odd, but went both ways. 2 PIs looked obvious, but after no flags initially and some noise from the huge crowd, the back ref threw the flag late both times.

Crazy, but it was a crazy game. SRV showed they were able to move the ball on DLS, as well as hold them on defense. They looked every bit as good as Folsom when they played DLS. Great Friday night under the lights!
Also looked like DLS loaded up on one side of the line for the final kick in regulation too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT