ADVERTISEMENT

SRV @ DLS, huge showdown!

Have arrived at SRV after a surprisingly long walk clear across campus from the closest lot I could find…

Knockin’ the dust off my keyboard…. Will keep quiet until well into the JV game. :)
Kidd......did you show up in your trademark
Elvis shirt, unbuttoned to your navel and your reflective chrome frame wrap around sunglasses ? waiting for your flying fingers of sports prose.

Uhuh, game stopped while a man fell in the DLS stands, I didn’t see what happened… But CPR has been performed, med staff is all over it, ambulance on the way.

Sounds like the man is stable now, sirens in the distance, but he’ll be taken for observation, I’m sure.

Just heard he passed out, then fell. He’s talking to the med staff now.

Game is stopped with 8:04 left in the 3rd.

DLS JV has taken the lead 13-7 after two long runs by #24 for scores…. Probably some 150 yards total in those TD runs.

One of the best friday night lights in a while. DLS vs SRV and Mater Dei vs Bosco. Both free to watch. DLS will livestream the game and MD v Bosco you can find on YouTube or on direct tv if you have Ballys

Reactions: MC415
Total delay will end up being some 20-25 minutes…. Kids are on the field now, getting heated back up.

SRV has the ball, down 13-7 on their own 28.

First play back, SRV runs 64 yards, first and goal.

DLS D stiffens up, forces a fumble! Spartans ball on their own 12.

Sparty runs to the 26, first down…. Holding next play. 1st and 20 on their own 15.

That medical delay was during the 4th q, not the 3rd…. Scoreboard hadn’t changed at the time I looked.

Spartans make a key first down on a 4th down QB sneak, SRV is out of time outs…. Victory formation for the JV Spartans! 13-7 final.

Bad reporting on my part, good thing it was the JV game, huh? :)

::::: Runs and hides under a rock :::::

So, I am told the big starts for SRV are #23 Marco Jones, who plays OLB and TE (and anywhere else he wants to), and QB #2 Luke Baker.

Didn’t look into DLS’ personnel…. Maybe I should, huh?

Much like usual for DLS, not many dazzling individual stats…. #18 Cunningham appears to be the leadling tackler.

So, I am told the big starts for SRV are #23 Marco Jones, who plays OLB and TE (and anywhere else he wants to), and QB #2 Luke Baker.

Didn’t look into DLS’ personnel…. Maybe I should, huh?
Jones will likely be the most impressive player you see this year kidmann. He’s a train.

3-0 SRV after they stopped the Spartans on downs, but then were also stopped to get the FG try.

After a pick for a touchback, the Spartans work it all the way downfield for a TD!

7-3 Spartans with 3:44 left in the half.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Game is on NFHS Network but no announcer or play by play. Is it on any other stream?
NFHS back to their usual Rube Goldberg production. Game has been playing almost an hour NO announcer, NO clock, the bar at the bottom of the screen HAS SAID 1st & 10 the entire hour with the Qtr and time clock reading 0/00:00.....just like your production NFHS !!

Hey NFHS here's a tip.........
Take your company and drive around to construction sites and clean up the Porta Johns because your operations sure do suck sh#t 💩!!

I finally found a way to post somewhat reliably…. Standng on top row of the stands….

Halftime score, 7-6 Spartans.
Hey kman holler up to the NFHS crew in the broadcast booth with that tip. Maybe they can get their student intern to stand next to you holding a pair of TV bunny ear antennas over their head to improve their streaming broadcast.

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
I remember wifi/phone being really sucky at the gym here, too…. Nice area, lousy signal.

Long pass by Baker to Jones in the end zone, caught for a TD!

12-7, pending conversion, time out SRV.

5:56 left 3rd if the scoreboard is right….

2nd and 3 after another run…

Now 1st down…. at the 27.

Complete pass nets 4…

2nd and 6 at the 23.

Another tough run, 3rd and 3.

Chains moved again, to the 16.

DLS runs have been tough as nails, now 2nd and 2. Guys keep making something outa nothing with 2nd and 3rd efforts.

QB scramble, SRV makes first down on the 21.

Jones with a magical catch, 2nd and 1 at the 30, end of quarter.

Middle screen makes it 3rd and 14…

Long pass under heavy pressure is PICKED OFF!

Sparty ball on their 30…. 1st down pass for 70 YARDS! TD SPARTY!

Conversion try for 2…. oops, illegal snap.

SRV starts on their 8 after a penalty.

Pass off the receiver’s hands…. PICK SIX!

19-12. PAT is good.

20-12 Spartans!

9:29 left.

Return to the SRV 19.

Incomplete pass…

QB really slippery, avoids the sack…. barely. 3rd and 1….

PI on DLS!

1st down on 35.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT