ADVERTISEMENT

State championship bowl games

Hard to imagine public’s beating privates and of course the dominant grant with its future Sunday player/s being beat, yet here we are. Does the outcome of these games now mean DLS, & Grant were both overrated or does this type of criticism only reserved for CN?
Possibly the most annoying poster on here. Don't you have a Socal board to be an ass?

Two games, Palma vs Mission Oak and Woodland Christian vs Banning has started. No score yet.

Palma is having good luck running the ball up the gut. Its working so far.

End of 1Q for the Banning WC game. Banning 6-0. WC is running a pretty complicated offense but iis not helping... yet.

Folsom scores! And then graps a fumble turnover. Folsom 7-0

Woodland Christian scores again WC 15-6. Woodland Christian had a rough start but they are looking pretty good right now.

Reactions: coachlittle
Folsom couldnt capitalize on the drive and turn over the ball on downs.

Nice post and observations. The young QB wasn't ready to be thrust into a situation like that. I agree with your observations, just think theyoung QB wouldn't have been able to execute most, if not all, of the ideas you mentioned. When he did throw, he was lucky that he didn't have a few of them picked off.
Remc,

Thank you brotha. And yes, I hear you, valid point. But respectfully I somewhat have to disagree with the execution part of it. The couple of throws he had to make required him to read the defense and make a judgement call. Why place him in that situation? Let him complete a couple of quick, but easy passes that will lead to some positive yards, get the nerves out, and build some confidence. The RB check down was wide open on pass plays all night because they choose to double cover Lopa (inside help and over the top man). Let the young man build some momentum. From an X and O's stand point, this was pretty basic to me.

I promise you this, I played with Reed and was coached by his father (as a Defensive Coordinator and Track Coach). I am not saying anything he does not already know. Dude is competitive and will be harder on himself then me or anyone else. That is part of the life that we live and understand growing up in that neighborhood. It will hurt for him and anyone associated with the program, but Reed will be good. He will focus on the miss opportunities, coach up his staff, and be better prepared next time.

Palma 21 Mission Oaks 0 Half
MO receives kickoff at start of Q3
Palma has been dominating on both sides of the ball
Duke 2 TD runs and Saldata 54 yard TD pass

Folsom frontline is struggling with the Seraph D-line. End of 1Q Folsom 7-0

Based on talent alone, La Serna had no biz being on the same field as Grant. Grant is a perrennial "open division" caliber program from a big city, and La Serna is a small neighborhood public school usually an also ran in the D-4 playoffs.

No doubt the Grant coaches (and everyone else in the Sac area) completely underestimated this La Serna team, which obviously was much better than their normal product. The Grant game plan did not account for being in a close game, hence they had no new wrinkles prepared.
Sammy I disagree that they had no business being on the same field. They deserve some credit for playing hard and being well coached. I may feel their were some missed opportunities from the coaching staff, but those young men earned my respect by playing hard and tackling well. Totally agree though, the Grant game plan, or back up plan was lacking.

Reactions: sammyswordsman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT