ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Compagno out as Redwood head coach

It was out there all season, so not much more than that. At some point it’s time to go. His daughter is graduating as well. There are a few solid guys around the program so it will be interesting to see who they land on.

RHS is dumb. Knowing his competitiveness, I would seriously doubt anyone who suggests anything other than him being let go by the district/school.

RHS is dumb. Knowing his competitiveness, I would seriously doubt anyone who suggests anything other than him being let go by the district/school.

Especially when the secondary headline reads:

Longtime coach ‘was asked not to return’ after guiding Giants to Northern California playoffs

Of course he was let go .... because it was time. And what, a school can’t make a change. Are we in 4th grade ? RHS is dumb ? RHS has alumni like everyone else who watch year after year. Realistic or not those thoughts matter. Do some research on how they play with the talent they have. Ask folks who watch them year in and year out. Sure he is a competitor and a good guy to his players, but making a change doesn’t make it dumb. Maybe they want to a guy who will attract kids to Redwood instead of going to MC, Branson or SI. Maybe they need a breath of fresh air.

Of course he was let go .... because it was time. And what, a school can’t make a change. Are we in 4th grade ? RHS is dumb ? RHS has alumni like everyone else who watch year after year. Realistic or not those thoughts matter. Do some research on how they play with the talent they have. Ask folks who watch them year in and year out. Sure he is a competitor and a good guy to his players, but making a change doesn’t make it dumb. Maybe they want to a guy who will attract kids to Redwood instead of going to MC, Branson or SI. Maybe they need a breath of fresh air.
That team has overachieved year in and year out. Yes Rewood is dumb for this decision. I sure wouldn’t want to piss off an alumni base that still believes that Marin basketball is relevant. You want a coach to attract players to Redwood? Please come here and take the air out of the ball. You could go to SI and play against real teams but why would you? You could come here and and play Novato and Tam who is always just on the edge of being really good in two years. If you’re lucky, our game will get into the high 40’s. I’d be dying to go coach for a delusional fan base who’d like me fired for winning more games than I should. Let’s take the team back to the glory days of Coach Piro when the Giants would routinely win 10 or 11 games. How quickly some forget how far this program has come. But hey, it isn’t 4th grade ball; however, it will be once again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT