ADVERTISEMENT

Takes on DLS vs. STA

Ararat regarding why Alumbaugh didn't remove the left tackle my take is this. I'm normally a fan of removing a player with multiple penalties but I think it matters what type of penalties they are getting. If he were getting multiple holding or unsportsmanlike penalties that's one thing. He was so seriously outmanned by Wingo it wasn't even funny. If you take him out you further risk Hale's health at quarterback because logic says the lineman's backup isn't as talented. I thought the DLS offensive line actually did a pretty good job. In all fairness my attention was mostly on Ben Roe on both sides of the ball. I thought Ben did a really nice job on offense and did really well against Sapp. With all this said the left tackle was by far the most challenged because Wingo is such a stud. Mark my words the left tackle will be fine all year until the state championship game.

There’s some no name guy who’s proselytized for three decades “ we don’t get big guys. Our game is based on quickness and precision. BE PERFECT!”

BTW, ya’ll DO know who coaches line at dLS? The initials BL aren’t for Bev...LOL

Precisely why private schools should only schedule and play other private schools......
Well not all private schools are created equally. Most are pretty small, fairly modest institutions, not athletic juggernauts. But because of the overwhelming athletic successes of a few, all privates get lumped in together. All public’s aren’t alike either. Most are boundary schools, enrollment based on those who live within those boundaries. A few are “open enrollment “ Publics who can get students beyond a geographic boundary. Would you say only boundary publics should play other boundary public’s?Open enrollment publics vs other open enrollment Publicsonly? A case could be made for this

There’s some no name guy who’s proselytized for three decades “ we don’t get big guys. Our game is based on quickness and precision. BE PERFECT!”

BTW, ya’ll DO know who coaches line at dLS? The initials BL aren’t for Bev...LOL

It's hard to be perfect when you're severely overmatched.

It's hard to be perfect when you're severely overmatched.

It was a ten point game.Should have been 7 if not for a bad call.How is that being severely overmatched?? If the coaches and players hadn’t made so many mental mistakes it probably would have even been closer

Reactions: aztecpadre
It was a ten point game.Should have been 7 if not for a bad call.How is that being severely overmatched?? If the coaches and players hadn’t made so many mental mistakes it probably would have even been closer

I was referring to the matchup at left tackle. Could DLS have played a cleaner game? Absolutely they could have but this reminds me of the first Super Bowl between the Cowboys and Bills. A very good Bills team turned the ball over 8 or 9 times in that game because the Cowboys forced those mistakes. Talent wise Dallas had an advantage that's similar to what STA enjoyed last Friday night. Great teams force lesser teams to make mistakes they wouldn't normally make.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT