ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas out at Alameda?

Norcal_Fan

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2001
I heard Brad Thomas stepped down after many successful years at Alameda. If it's true, Norcal just lost a pretty good coach. He did a great job at Alameda. His teams were fun to watch...especially in the late 90's.

Reactions: snake18
I hope it's not true, but Brad has definitely made a tremendous contribution to East Bay girls' basketball already -- he doesn't need to do any more.

When Brad and Alameda would come to what is now the Lamorinda Shootout, I always threatened him with installing a dress code that would outlaw suits and ties. He was way too dapper -- made me look bad.

I just saw it on the NCS website, so it must be true. Also says contact him for more information. I agree that he's done a lot for girls basketball in Norcal. If I'm not mistaken (which I always am) didn't he start one of the first big-time AAU teams here in the Bay Area in the mid to late 90's? I think it was call North Coast Express?

You're right...I NEVER saw this guy in nothing other than a suit and tie. Very dapper! Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

Back in the day, when Casey was at Acalanes, the Dons played Alameda in a track meet where a basketball game broke out. IIRC, final score 91-81 - in 32 flat-out run-and-gun minutes. Both teams never saw a Trey they didn't like. Most entertaining game I've seen.

Jack--

Didn't see the game, but heard about it. Those Acalanes teams resembled recent MM teams--strong, trapping defense, going hard in transition, shooting the 3. Acalanes found a team willing to run with them, who could match them. My offer to you to share a video of the MM-Clet 2014 remains open. Similar dynamic, both points scored and margin compare favorably (92-87).

Jack--

Didn't see the game, but heard about it. Those Acalanes teams resembled recent MM teams--strong, trapping defense, going hard in transition, shooting the 3. Acalanes found a team willing to run with them, who could match them. My offer to you to share a video of the MM-Clet 2014 remains open. Similar dynamic, both points scored and margin compare favorably (92-87).
This Clet v MM was and still is the best high school basketball game I have ever witnessed. Both teams pressed, pushed the ball and shot and made threes. As good as the players were and there were 8-9 players on each team the coaching, in game adjustments were very good. I sure miss seeing Margaret Gartner on the sidelines. One of the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT