ADVERTISEMENT

TOP Teams from summer

togos

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2014
1. College Park . . (Zion is one of the best, nice shooters and some bigs) . dominated during summer
1b . ODOWD
2. Dublin . -all of the Cal transfers, Beasley, Manning, Costello, Super Sophs
3. DELA . -solid players, No PRATT but other nice pieces. DELA and DUB . 1a and 1b
4. Monte Vista- great shooting the ball from perimeter with one of the best big men in the area (BORTZ) . very good rebound year for MV
5/ . LOGAN . nice transfer from Mountain HOuse, great point guard, very good bigs. The transfer from Washington Fremont is very good. .
6. CAMPO . many shooters but no size
7, HERITAGE no coach but a lot of talent. Lost some key guys but will still win the league.
8. CLayton . lost a lot but still solid
9. San Leandro . -- athletes but no shooters
10. Castro Valley . not good and a mess. They should be at the bottom of this list.
11 NEWARK . very athletic and do a great job of trapping. Lack shooters .
12. MOREAU . great recruiting class, will be great in a few years.
13. Freedom . some nice young guys

Reactions: LoganHomer
10. Castro Valley . not good and a mess. They should be at the bottom of this list.

Why put them on a top team list just to say the aren't good lol, but anyways I said it a million times and I'll say it again : Fortenberry can not coach I'm sorry, he's a good guy and all but he's not cut out for basketball.

Logan underachieved big time until he left, Castro has underachieved since he arrived.

1. College Park . . (Zion is one of the best, nice shooters and some bigs) . dominated during summer
1b . ODOWD
2. Dublin . -all of the Cal transfers, Beasley, Manning, Costello, Super Sophs
3. DELA . -solid players, No PRATT but other nice pieces. DELA and DUB . 1a and 1b
4. Monte Vista- great shooting the ball from perimeter with one of the best big men in the area (BORTZ) . very good rebound year for MV
5/ . LOGAN . nice transfer from Mountain HOuse, great point guard, very good bigs. The transfer from Washington Fremont is very good. .
6. CAMPO . many shooters but no size
7, HERITAGE no coach but a lot of talent. Lost some key guys but will still win the league.
8. CLayton . lost a lot but still solid
9. San Leandro . -- athletes but no shooters
11 NEWARK . very athletic and do a great job of trapping. Lack shooters .
12. MOREAU . great recruiting class, will be great in a few years.
13. Freedom . some nice young guys
I don’t mean to be mean but, LOL

I see this is a Bay Area heavy list, but what about Modesto Christian, Folsom, Capital Christian, and Sheldon from the SJS. They played and beat many of these teams.

I thought I was crazy. In my Allen Iverson voice.
Summer league. We talking about summer league.

The few people I did talk to told me kids where missing from top teams. Lot of freshman and incoming 8th graders played most of the games.

Kids don't take summer league games serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: factsmatter8888
Folsom, MC and Sheldon are probably above from what I saw this summer. Sheldon is off the charts . MC plays like an open gym situation. If they ever share the ball they would be good. AAU team for high school .

I thought I was crazy. In my Allen Iverson voice.
Summer league. We talking about summer league.

The few people I did talk to told me kids where missing from top teams. Lot of freshman and incoming 8th graders played most of the games.

Kids don't take summer league games serious.

I thought this was a public forum where we discuss anything that relates to norcal high basketball??

Folsom, MC and Sheldon are probably above from what I saw this summer. Sheldon is off the charts . MC plays like an open gym situation. If they ever share the ball they would be good. AAU team for high school .

Folsom didn’t look good a few weeks ago in there loss against Dougherty Valley in the Moreau tournament.

Doughtery has the best point guard in the EBAL. (not including BEASLEY) Dela has a good one as well .

The top teams reside in the SJS.... Sheldon, MC, Capital Christan, Salesian will have a say as will whomever wins the WCAL. Same ole same. Biggest surprises could be like a Sac high, Grant, or Dublin

The top teams reside in the SJS.... Sheldon, MC, Capital Christan, Salesian will have a say as will whomever wins the WCAL. Same ole same. Biggest surprises could be like a Sac high, Grant, or Dublin

Forgot about Sac and Grant? Both were young last year. Grant long and athletic, but need some shooters. Also need to learn how to keep their cool or could be a lot of t’s and/or ejections. Sac also should be very good, didn’t get to see much of them this summer.

Campo's too low, ODowd is too high. Unless ODowd was missing guys they didn't impress at Dougherty Valley tourney. Campo beat Monte Vista yesterday. Agree on Bortz but Campo with superior guard play won out. Agree on College Park and Zion, they look great.

Reactions: hoopjunkie21
Grant is very athletic and return everyone. From what i saw over the summer if they hit shots from the perimeter they are really good. In close games they were a mess . THey argue with the refs and themselves. Poor against structured teams. Terrible defense.

Grant is very athletic and return everyone. From what i saw over the summer if they hit shots from the perimeter they are really good. In close games they were a mess . THey argue with the refs and themselves. Poor against structured teams. Terrible defense.
What games did u see Grant play this summer?

That's pretty bold togos I believe Logan is better then college park top to bottom
Zion is a good player but I don't think they jump to the top spot.There league should
be fun to watch with them campo and miramonte all being pretty good.

Any one get to watch salesian high school?
Alameda?
Any of the other playoff teams from last year?

Logan with the the three transfers are very good. Logan doesn't have the three point shooting that CP has to go along with ZIon. Logan is very good but doesn't have a player like ZION.

Salesian is loaded.
I am not including some of the privates.

Grant was good in the Sheldon-Franklin summer tournament.

Togo's. The most points Grant gave up in any game in Sheldon-Franklin was in the Platinum Division Semi-final to a tough Bullard Team that made 9 threes. They scored 56 points. Thats The reason they were the #1 over all seed was because they scored the most points and gave up the fewest points. I do agree they had trouble closing teams out in the two close games they played all summer. Those two teams were a good disciplined Bullard Team by 3. and a good disciplined folsom team by 3 on a back to back with Grant missing players. Also in these summer things its running clock and teams get automatic points for just attempting shots on fouls.

YOUSEECHIEF,

LOL . ?? what is your top 10 for summer? Have you seen everyone play?
What is your number one team?

Togos I will start by saying I am very SJS Bias because thats where I live and I watch more games here. I do watch what I think are the good teams so this list is in no particular order and just an opinion to the best of what I saw this summer and in the playoffs last year of teams returning players that might have been playing another sport in the summer. I also tried to keep in mind different days teams were missing a guy or two. I actually put 12 teams because there are two or three that I don't think are the most talented but there are 3 coaches that I think are that much better than most and they could lift their teams to top 10. There are another couple of teams that are super talented but but will give away games because they struggle with adversity and decision making at times in the past.

Modesto Christian
Sheldon
Campolindo
College Park
Monte Vista
Salesian
De La
Capital Christian
Grant
Logan
Sacramento
Folsom

@Azanna pretty fair list except Of all the NCS teams on that list Dublin is by far and away better than any of those teams from NCS . I think Moreau Catholic has the athleticism to be a force when all said and done.

Didn't moreau just beat Logan missing max Anderson, fresh ison and Dallas rider?

That's 2 starters and they 6th man

I think both Newark AND Moreau recently beat Logan. Saw them a couple of times this summer and let's just say some of their players seems to be a little "volatile". Heard one of their guys got thrown out of a summer league for cursing at a ref even though they were up big. What's going on over there?

Reactions: nostancenochance
Just a couple of thoughts;

-The original post look like all NCS not a NorCal list.
-Summer is hard to gauge but you can get some idea
- Someone talked about the Castro Valley Coach who is a former Logan Coach; How well off is Logan after dismissing there Coaching Staff of the last 2-3 years?
-AAU vs High School summer, hmmmm?

- Someone talked about the Castro Valley Coach who is a former Logan Coach; How well off is Logan after dismissing there Coaching Staff of the last 2-3 years?

Agreed with he list being all NCS teams. I’m guessing that’s all he saw play this summer. As for
Logan i watched them play at DOUGHERTY VALLEY and they are a total different program. Lack of discipline and direction. Lots of talent. But most likely an underachiever next year

Logan has had one of the best stretches in their program's history since getting rid of Fort. Castro Valley has not had two very disappointing seasons since getting Fort.

As for Logan "dismissing their coaching staff", I'll just say please don't talk about something you have no knowledge about.

I bookmarked this thread so I can come back and talk about how wrong you guys were about Logan. They'll be the best team in MVALS without a doubt in anyones mind.

You people on this sub love your hot takes and love to act like basketball experts.

I do not see Logan beating moreau 2 times.
Sorry.
It will go to moreau.
Too much D. And league MVP.
This senior class is maybe 6 or 7 deep. Been together since freshman year on JV.

Reactions: LoganHomer
I do not see Logan beating moreau 2 times.
Sorry.
It will go to moreau.
Too much D. And league MVP.
This senior class is maybe 6 or 7 deep. Been together since freshman year on JV.

So what if Moreau has league MVP? They don't have a single player that is ALOT better then Gabriel Hawkins. Logan is also extremely stacked and deep.

Last time both cores player, Logan won at Moreau during their senior night. Now Logan added three transfers that are better then any other player on their roster outside of Hawkins.

So what if Moreau has league MVP? They don't have a single player that is ALOT better then Gabriel Hawkins. Logan is also extremely stacked and deep.

Last time both cores player, Logan won at Moreau during their senior night. Now Logan added three transfers that are better then any other player on their roster outside of Hawkins.

Haha. Stop it

Get real sir. Gabe is no where near the athlete as max.

Not as skilled. Or as good of a team player.
Gabe tall. Ok shot. Slow feet.
Not even the best kid on Logan.
I'd have to give it to Malcolm

Max is way better. Off and Dff.
3 ball.
Mid range.
Attacking.
Playing full court D.

Stop with your cold takes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT