Riordan over Pittsburg
Monte Vista over Bellarmine
Wilcox over SHC
St. Francis over De La Salle
St. Ignatius over Cathedral Catholic
Valley Christian over Soquel
St. John Bosco over Serra

I see WCAL going 5-3 this weekend
Everyone knows the East bay has the best football in the bay.

Reactions: mrclarkinc
You keep hammering SHC about 0-7, but lest we forget Riordan went 0-7 four times and 1-6 five times throughout the decade of the 2010s.

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”
Same old crap from JSquareRiordanGaelFan :rolleyes:.
With his latest idiotic remark, nothing's changed.

Proverbs 27:3 - A stone is heavy, and sand is a burden, but aggravation from a fool outweighs them both.

Last edited:
After three weeks, we have learned one key lesson: Overall, the league is rather limited on the offensive side of the casaba, with one obvious exception, Riordan. So, if the Crusaders can muster any sort of reasonable defense (and display some modest interest in special teams play), they have a shot at a title. Will they? Who knows. Anything other than scoring seems to be alien to their dance card.

Reactions: cityfan and THEOC89
I haven't heard anything. I didn't know they were out.
They might have made the score closer than it was. For whatever reason Evans did not change his defensive approach and just let Wilcox fullback/halfback dive SH to death. They must have known Wilcox was a run heavy team that is not a legitimate threat to throw the ball. 8 in the box or Bears 46 alignment probably wouldve been the better choice. Welp, they get a bye week to get healthy for a shootout at the jolly rancher.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
They might have made the score closer than it was. For whatever reason Evans did not change his defensive approach and just let Wilcox fullback/halfback dive SH to death. They must have known Wilcox was a run heavy team that is not a legitimate threat to throw the ball. 8 in the box or Bears 46 alignment probably wouldve been the better choice. Welp, they get a bye week to get healthy for a shootout at the jolly rancher.
Crusaders have a new wrinkle to their offense in Jeremiah Jones @ rb. He’s been averaging over 100yards/game and gashed a stout and fast Pitt D for 300+ yds last night. WRs/DBs Lawson and Nash along with LB Tiatia and a rising soph rb should be ready in 2 weeks.

With Bellarmine in the midst of another brutal football season, a bit of perspective might be in order. If predictions hold and the Bells finish the year 1-9 or 0-10 (they are 0-3 right now), it will be unprecedented. Since the program began in 1915, school records indicate the varsity has never slumped to 1-9 or 0-10. (The last time the varsity was winless was in 1936 when it posted an 0-6-1 mark.) For that matter, 2-8 would be a nightmare as well, coming on the heels of last season's 2-8 record. This year's JV team is also 0-3 at this point. The one bright spot: The frosh are 2-1.

Last edited:
...and a footnote as teams get ready for WCAL action in two weeks...the Serra football program is a combined 0-6 in non-league games, admittedly with a brutal schedule...

HA!!…. So today, @MOlST AND PLUMP who was Banned from the National Site for trolling as a So Cal Poster, was banned again after an Hour long tirade, again as a So Cal poster as “Plump and Moist”….

And how did he start off every post?…. “I hope I don’t get Banned for this But”….. 🤣

“The Block is Hot”…. 🤣🤣
He would make for a great College psychology class experiment. They would have a field day trying to figure out why he does this. And for so long. lol

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
My WCAL Rankings after this weekend

1. Serra
2. Riordan
2. St. Francis
2. St. Ignatius
5. Mitty
6. Valley Christian
7. Sacred Heart
8. Bellarmine

There’s a drop off between the top and bottom half teams

Serra is still the team to beat in the WCAL
Agree with your ranking list except I'm not ready to move SF, AR or SI into a tie with each other just yet.
1. JS is far below the CA elite but probably the best in WCAL.
2. SF was slightly less competitive against DLS compared to Serra.
3. AR is knocking at the door of SF and since their match up is not until the last game of season, it may stay this way in my mind. SI game is in 3 weeks. Common competitor's outcomes could decide the order sooner.
4. SI - Good game against SDS-CC.
5. Mitty - Good mid-level win again MA.
6. VC is a mere shadow of its former self. May be challenged with SHC.
7. SHC lost to Wilcox while VC beat Wilcox.
8. BCP - enough said.

With Bellarmine in the midst of another brutal football season, a bit of perspective might be in order. If predictions hold and the Bells finish the year 1-9 or 0-10 (they are 0-3 right now), it will be unprecedented. Since the program began in 1915, school records indicate the varsity has never slumped to 1-9 or 0-10. (The last time the varsity was winless was in 1936 when it posted an 0-6-1 mark.) For that matter, 2-8 would be a nightmare as well, coming on the heels of last season's 2-8 record. This year's JV team is also 0-3 at this point. The one bright spot: The frosh are 2-1.
Dang - would you be willing to share deep BCP football records?

Do you remember the years when BCP frosh would sweep WCAL and then struggle as JV and Varity? Coaching issues and upper level motivation. Seems like we are heading back to those days.

Dang - would you be willing to share deep BCP football records?

Do you remember the years when BCP frosh would sweep WCAL and then struggle as JV and Varity? Coaching issues and upper level motivation. Seems like we are heading back to those days.
The Bells' lower level teams are not special. They haven't been top-notch for the last several years. It's not entirely clear why but we can speculate. Rugged admission standards. Changing demographics. Administrative indifference. Coaching issues. Competition from other Silicon Valley private/parochials. Here's the key question: Does the all-male school's leadership view a high-level football program as important? The rest of the athletic program seems to be OK, maybe not super but quite good. As opposed to several other WCAL outfits (Serra comes to mind with about a quarter of the entire student body being football players), marketing sports to goose enrollment is not a factor at Bellarmine. The demand to get admitted there is intense. With 1,600 boys enrolled, the school turns away several hundred applicants each year. They typically don't benefit much from transfers (not unlike Stanford). Founded in the mid-19th century before the Civil War as a prep school for Santa Clara University (it was originally called "Santa Clara Prep"), Bellarmine has a long list of wealthy, influential alumni and generous donors. How many of them desire a solid football program is not clear.

Last edited:
The Bells' lower level teams are not special. They haven't been top-notch for the last several years. It's not entirely clear why but we can speculate. Rugged admission standards. Changing demographics. Administrative indifference. Coaching issues. Competition from other Silicon Valley private/parochials. Here's the key question: Does the all-male school's leadership view a high-level football program as important? The rest of the athletic program seems to be OK, maybe not super but quite good. As opposed to several other WCAL outfits (Serra comes to mind with about a quarter of the entire student body being football players), marketing sports to goose enrollment is not a factor at Bellarmine. The demand to get admitted there is intense. With 1,600 boys enrolled, the school turns away several hundred applicants each year. They typically don't benefit much from transfers (not unlike Stanford). Founded in the mid-19th century before the Civil War as a prep school for Santa Clara University (it was originally called "Santa Clara Prep"), Bellarmine has a long list of wealthy, influential alumni and generous donors. How many of them desire a solid football program is not clear.
If Bellarmine has an enrollment of 1600 all boys I have no sympathy for them. They should be dominating all sports in the WCAL. That would be more than double the co-ed schools in the league. I don't know the enrollment at Serra but the same could be said for them.

Same old crap from JSquareRiordanGaelFan :rolleyes:

Proverbs 27:3 - A stone is heavy and sand is a burden, but aggravation from a fool outweighs them both.
I am not paying Rent for Staying in your head,….🤣🤣🤣, I will rate the stay in your MultiVerse as a #CellerDwellers 🎤,….drop

I see that you are seeking spiritual guidance from Proverbs, I am so happy that you’re looking outside your bandwidth…. +1 SnapChat🙏

But I would recommend sorting out SHC performance in the #WCAL -ToiletBowl game, that flush is going to be hard to wipe😎🤣😎🤣

Last edited:
I was in the HVAC field for 30 years. A young kid who won the national apprentice of the year completion was one of my foreman. Ana he had been doing robotics since being a kid. He was an organizer of many events. Worked with many of the private schools in work shops. And in turn told me Bellarmine one it one year and had close to 150 kids on the robotics team. I think deep down Bellarmine is like a mini Stanford these days. Great if your an athlete play sports. But I think many of those kids these days in the valley do way more things these days than play football.

Last edited:
I was in the HVAC field for 30 years. A young kid who won the national apprentice of the year completion was one of my foreman. Ana he had been doing robotics since being a kid. He was an organizer of many events. Worked with many of the private schools in work shops. And in turn told me Bellarmine one it one year and had close to 150 kids on the robotics team. I think deep down Bellarmine is like a mini Stanford these days. Great if your an athlete play sports. But I think many of those kids these days in the valley do way more things these days than play football.
if this is true then the entire administration and board of bellarmine needs to be replaced as soon as asap and there needs to be a new one that has their priorities right. the school will never grow until they are relevant and at the top of the wcal. literally nobody says let me sign my kid up for this school so they can take 4 years to build a robot but plenty of people sign their kids up to be part of a special basketball or football team.

the decision should be easy.

Sacred Heart played Santa Clara Prep in 1921. L 69-0. Irish were 2-8 that year, but they did beat Galileo and Cogswell.

if this is true then the entire administration and board of bellarmine needs to be replaced as soon as asap and there needs to be a new one that has their priorities right. the school will never grow until they are relevant and at the top of the wcal. literally nobody says let me sign my kid up for this school so they can take 4 years to build a robot but plenty of people sign their kids up to be part of a special basketball or football team.

HUH?? its a high school. Not a pro football program. The administration is doing EXACTLY what they should be doing. Having an awesome football program isnt the end all-be all.

HUH?? its a high school. Not a pro football program. The administration is doing EXACTLY what they should be doing. Having an awesome football program isnt the end all-be all.
and it is an increasingly irrelevant high school because they don't care about sports. if a tree falls in a forest it does not make a sound. that is what happens to a school with no sports in this day and age. irrelevant.

taking sports serious is a rising tide that lifts all boats.

and it is an increasingly irrelevant high school because they don't care about sports. if a tree falls in a forest it does not make a sound. that is what happens to a school with no sports in this day and age. irrelevant.

taking sports serious is a rising tide that lifts all boats.
I believe Bellarmine does take its sports program serious - but somehow football is falling out of favor in the scope of their sports program.

Last edited:
What are the records for offensive scoring and defensive points allowed for Riordan?

It seems to me that this year's team could threaten both.
Defensive points allowed - not so much. But offense points might be an interesting comparison.

I believe Bellarmine does take its sports program serious - but somehow football is falling out of favor it the scope of their sports program.
Losing to SS D-7 Laguna Hills in the CIF D-3A title game was the last straw.
:p

Defensive points allowed - not so much. But offense points might be an interesting comparison.
I watched part of their game against St. Bonaventure. Two things became obvious.

1. QB Mitchell and his WRs are very good and it's clear how they've been able to make multiple comebacks in games.

2. The number of wide open WRs for the Seraphs and poor tackling by the Crusaders made it easy to understand how they would fall behind in the first place.

Also, keep in mind that if they were to win a CCS championship and make it to a state title game, they'd have played more games than any other Riordan team. Every game being in the 30s-50s adds up fast.

Reactions: FBAddict
All this deep history - Maybe someday, we will be privy to this special database.
I came across that score while looking up old Sacred Heart College scores. They played teams like Bates, Humboldt, Polytechnic and Cogswell. The 1893 game was on the college level. They played St. Mary's that year too.
(Full disclosure, I wasn't actually there at the time).

Last edited:
Now we have some solid information on all eight WCAL teams (without a bonafide NorCal powerhouse among them in spite of Serra's upset over Folsom in Week 1)), taking SOS into consideration. Here is an updated prediction heading into league openers in two weeks:

1. (tie) Riordan, Serra, St. Francis, 5-2.
4. (tie) Mitty, SI, 4-3
6 .Valley Christian, 2-5
7. SHC, 1-6
8. Bellarmine, 0-10

I actually found that score while looking up old Sacred Heart College scores. They played teams like Bates, Humboldt, Polytechnic and Cogswell. The 1893 game was on the college level. They played St. Mary's that year too.
(Full disclosure, I wasn't actually there at the time).
Did not realize Norman Bates (or his mummified mom, or both) fielded a football team back in the day. Was Janet Leigh a cheer person? Was there a gridiron next to the Bates Motel?

Why should I lie, I am 51 years old. I coached against Bellarmine and played there as well on the basketball level. And you speak of priorities. LMAO. Have you ever been to the campus. It looks like Stanford. Silicon Valley parents worth millions probably do a fair job in telling their sons let’s not play football. Especially when you repeat as a world champion. I am pretty sure the first ten guys on the robotics team will make a shitload of more money than the whole football roster. It’s not a sports school anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Now we have some solid information on all eight WCAL teams (without a bonafide NorCal powerhouse among them in spite of Serra's upset over Folsom in Week 1)), taking SOS into consideration. Here is an updated prediction heading into league openers in two weeks:

1. (tie) Riordan, Serra, St. Francis, 5-2.
4. (tie) Mitty, SI, 4-3
6 .Valley Christian, 2-5
7. SHC, 1-6
8. Bellarmine, 0-10
SI will be at worst 5-2 in league play. Our defensive play has been carrying the team.

Our final scores don’t tell how the actual games really went. We were close with SRV until the 4th Qtr, blew out Tam and played the backups for almost the entire 2nd half, and held the #2 team in San Diego to 7pts for most of the game until the end when the game had already been decided.

Excited to see what we can do against Serra in 2 weeks.

Why should I lie, I am 51 years old. I coached against Bellarmine and played there as well on the basketball level. And you speak of priorities. LMAO. Have you ever been to the campus. It looks like Stanford. Silicon Valley parents worth millions probably do a fair job in telling their sons let’s not play football. Especially when you repeat as a world champion. I am pretty sure the first ten guys on the robotics team will make a shitload of more money than the whole football roster. It’s not a sports school anymore.

mitty is in silicon valley and does not have this problem.
serra is in silicon valley and does not have this problem.
saint francis is in silicon valley and does not have this problem.
valley christian is in silicon valley and does not have this problem.

also, being on the "robotics team" does not necessarily lead itself to lucrative career prospects. do factory workers who make iphones make a lot of money? or the people who put together tesla cars? that's what being able to build a robot gets you.

no different than sports as far as career prospects go. plus theres no reason a school can't be good at both sense there is no crossover between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT