ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Wraps Up Friday Night ! 11/3 Matchups

Keeping track of all the SI/Riordan turnovers, major penalties, minor penalties, miscues, mental mistakes, missed assignments and misbehavior was impossible. Pinpointing just one among dozens and dozens seems misplaced.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
SI was nowhere near the size of Riordan. The little engine that could actually did great.

A 4th QTR. kickoff fumble turnover on the 15 by SI was the game changer.
Riordan’s turnovers put 3 scores on a platter for SI. Didn’t you mention that SI is a juggernaut and will be bringing in 8th graders, not transfers? Riordan’s top players were sophomores and freshmen. Get in line. Serra, St. Francis, M-A and Riordan all have longtime relationships with the Area Polynesian families.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Riordan’s turnovers put 3 scores on a platter for SI. Didn’t you mention that SI is a juggernaut and will be bringing in 8th graders, not transfers? Riordan’s top players were sophomores and freshmen. Get in line. Serra, St. Francis, M-A and Riordan all have longtime relationships with the Area Polynesian families.

If you're being honest. We could've won that game yesterday. Keep your head in the sand. SI is coming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SFcityfan
If you're being honest. We could've won that game yesterday. Keep your head in the sand. SI is coming.
Let’s not get hyfy and let’s truly be honest.

Riordan saw SI coming and didn’t keep their heads into the Coach A-Rav chalk talk,…
After the 1st Qtr. this match up wouldn’t have made ESPN top 1,000

Post game Team Alma Mater & Trophy presentation and of course the Loud Speaker playing of 🎼Purple Rain🎼was more exciting

Week #2 WCAL Games

Friday Night 9/29
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-3 / 0-1) @ Mitty (3-1 / 0-1) @ Foothill College
    • The Irish hit the road hoping to get in the win column for the first time this year. Serra shut out SHC with its stout defense. SHC will try to mix it up with their rotation of QBs and hope to get their rushing attack going. The Monarchs come in after a hard fought battle at St. Francis last week where the Lancers won going away. Mitty has a very good rushing attack mixed in with passing that can score, even without its best RB Cenizal. Final Score: Mitty 28- SHC 7
  • Bellarmine (1-3 / 0-1) @ St. ignatius (2-2 / 0-1)
    • The Bells travel to the Sunset and take on its Jesuit brother in St. Ignatius. Bellarmine got a dose of a heavy rushing attack and the scrambling of Valley Christian's QB in losing 23-7. Bells will have their hands full with the 'Cats balanced rushing and passing games. SI smarting from its loss to its crosstown rival Riordan last Saturday that was more brawl than game with the amount of personal fouls called on both squads. It's also the matchup of first year coaches Diaz-Infante from the Bells against Vandermade for SI. I like the 'Cats at home in a close one. Final Score: SI 31 Bellarmine 24
Saturday 9/30
  • Valley Christian (4-0 / 1-0) @ Archbishop Riordan (3-1 / 1-0)
    • A meeting of the bottom two teams from last season looking to lay claim as a contender for the WCAL crown. VC looks to exact revenge from its season opening home loss to the Crusaders. The Warriors are a year older, hungry and bring back its stout defense and trademark rushing attack. Something needs to give - VC's stout defense vs Riordan's open aerial attack. The Crusaders did unleash a bruising rushing attack that will give opponents another thing to game plan against. Who owns time of possession and avoids turnovers are the factors in this game. This also marks the debut of 3 new Crusaders (2025 OL/DL Peter Langi, 2025 WR/DB/K Moses Vaenuku and 2026 WR/DB Judge Nash) that will add additional depth for the Crusaders. Final Score: Riordan 28 Valley Christian 17
  • St. Francis (2-2 / 1-0) @ Serra (4-0 / 1-0)
    • The game of week #2 and arguably the game of the week as it pits the 2 top teams over the past years at Brady Family Stadium. St. Francis comes in with its Power I offense led by its workhorse RB. This plays into Serra's hands as they bring in one of the best defenses ever seen in NorCal. Can the Lancers mix it up and throw the Padres off balance for a score or two? It will take more than that to defeat Serra at home.
      Final Score: Serra 35 St. Francis 14.

Last edited:
I’ll keep it simple….

Serra over St. Francis
Riordan over Valley Christian
Mitty over Sacred Heart Cathedral
St. Ignatius over Bellarmine

Every team wins by 28 pts. (Serra is kind to fellow WCAL schools by shutting it down at halftime.)

I’ll keep it simple….

Serra over St. Francis
Riordan over Valley Christian
Mitty over Sacred Heart Cathedral
St. Ignatius over Bellarmine

Every team wins by 28 pts. (Serra is kind to fellow WCAL schools by shutting it down at halftime.)
What score would you put on the Riordan-Valley game? High scoring game that VC can't keep up in or does Riordan shut down their offense?

Riordan is young and still coming together. VC can keep it close if they control the clock with their run game and keep the Crusader O off the field Also, If Riordan doesn’t clean up the unnecessary fouls, special teams miscues/misses and turnovers, I can see the Warriors coming out with a win similar to St. Bonaventure.

• Haha
  • A meeting of the bottom two teams from last season looking to lay claim as a contender for the WCAL crown.
Huh - Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the WCAL Crown. I guess any team is a contender until the game is actually played. But in reality, Serra is statistically the only contender for the WCAL title.

I don’t think Riordan will shut it down. Riordan has size, speed and talent that VC can’t match. 38-10
That kind of score assumes AR has an air attack offense that VC has little defensive answer for AND that AR has a good defense against the run. Maybe you are right. But that kind of score suggests an AR team that might top the 1971 or 1972 teams and 2015 teams significantly. That would indeed be a statement game.

Huh - Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the WCAL Crown. I guess any team is a contender until the game is actually played. But in reality, Serra is statistically the only contender for the WCAL title.
Meant, Contender (not odds on favorite) to be one of the top teams in the league to at least play a game vs the padres that has title implications. A lot of football left to even entertain that notion. Winner of VC-Riordan at least takes that next step…

Serra and Riordan are on a collision course. Both crushed two decent WCAL opponents today, the former downing St. Francis easily, the latter blowing by Valley Christian. The two winners meet in San Mateo on Oct. 21. The WCAL title may well be on the line on that afternoon. We'll see.

Serra and Riordan are on a collision course. Both crushed two decent WCAL opponents today, the former downing St. Francis easily, the latter blowing by Valley Christian. The two winners meet in San Mateo on Oct. 21. The WCAL title may well be on the line on that afternoon. We'll see.
I dont know about Riordan crushing SI last week but okay.

Good points, Goat. Riodan certainly could beat themselves. Slim chance Valley will do it
I had a thought today that @Valley Boys might know something, but the #NewAttiude & the #NextEpisode on that place we used to call Phelan Ave.. Truly pushed itself the past the OLD ways of Riordan.

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#Coach A-Rav

I dont know about Riordan crushing SI last week but okay.
You go/went to SI? The sentence reads "Both crushed two decent WCAL opponents today, the former downing St. Francis easily, the latter blowing by Valley Christian". The key word is "TODAY". Not last week. Must be nice to have rich parents. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Solid win for the young Crusaders against a VC D that was only giving up ~7 pts/game. Riordan went empty set with 5 WRs with Riordan’s top 2 RBs unavailable today. RBs #3 & #4 filled in w/o skipping a beat. Credit Riordan’s line controlling VC’s huge line. Personal fouls and special teams miscues still needs to be cleaned up. Riordan gave up 10 easy points to the Warriors that made it a game until pulling away with lockdown pass D and Mitchell lighting it up. Nice to see the 2 soph WRs grab 3 TD passes. Mitchell sets another league and team record for TD passes in a game.

Solid win for the young Crusaders against a VC D that was only giving up ~7 pts/game. Riordan went empty set with 5 WRs with Riordan’s top 2 RBs unavailable today. RBs #3 & #4 filled in w/o skipping a beat. Credit Riordan’s line controlling VC’s huge line. Personal fouls and special teams miscues still needs to be cleaned up. Riordan gave up 10 easy points to the Warriors that made it a game until pulling away with lockdown pass D and Mitchell lighting it up. Nice to see the 2 soph WRs grab 3 TD passes. Mitchell sets another league and team record for TD passes in a game.
ArmchairGOAT,

I THINK MANY BOARD PUNDITS are missing something you keep trying to tell them. You have called the Crusaders young on many posted remarks.

You are correct , I believe there are only 2 seniors,….verify with the Crusader Oracle @jordan24

@SFcityfan Riordan has 21 seniors of its roster of 53. But their starting offense has 2 seniors and starting defense also 2 seniors. Amazing that the key underclassmen in yesterday's win were 4 sophomores and 2 jrs- QB Mitchell, WRs Nash and Thomas OL/DL Tofi and SS Vaenuku as sophs.Lawson and Vaenuku (SS/K) are juniors. Freshman WR/DB Wesley WInn had been out since the Moreau game and had some nice catches in his return. Freshman DE David Lee has been steady. Good game plan by Coach Adhir as they went in with a pass heavy attack to get on the board fast in order to get VC out of their run game.
I've mentioned that depth is the key as injuries are part of football. Riordan's primary rb rotation of jr Jones and fr Tuugamusu were out yesterday and 2 seniors Johnson and Manu filled in capably.
That St. Bonaventure loss was a blessing in disguise because the Seraphs play WCAL-style ball with a bruising running game, timely and efficient passing and a hard hitting defense. SI and VC went in to try to dominate on the ground. It worked at times for SI, not so for VC. This Riordan team is a high energy high motor group and at times needs to stay in control and remain humble and not get caught up in the social media hype. I do like those Riordan Football IG vids tho. Lol. That should come with continued coaching and games played together. At this point - and there are lots of games to be played, Serra and possibly St. Francis -the other team that could beat Riordan is Riordan themselves.

• Haha
Riordan - Valley Christian Game Stats per MaxPreps. This was VC's first loss of the season and they came in only allowing 7 points/game.

Score: VC 17; Riordan 42
Total Yards: Valley Christian 172 yards; Riordan 476 yards
Passing Yards: Valley Christian 83 yards; Riordan 372 yards
Rushing Yards: Valley Christian 89; Riordan 104 yards

Mike Mitchell: Completion %: 72.4%; Yards 372; Int 1; TDs 6* * WCAL and Team record
Riordan Defense - 3 INTs

Reactions: FBAddict
To be frank, the Saturday atypical performance by St. Francis was less than terrific. Serra simply overwhelmed them with physicality, quality depth and overall team speed in every category _ offense, defense and special teams. It wasn't pretty. It was not competitive. It was eye-opening, not to say shocking, as SF seemed cowed, intimidated and rather befuddled. Since the rivalry began late in the 1950s, this matchup/result might have been the worst SF showing ever (not counting the truncated 2021 spring quasi-exhibition season). At one early point Saturday it was a dismal 38-3. And the score did not really indicate how bad the situation actually was. In fairness, though, Serra has been dominating its NorCal foes for much of the last two seasons. Still, having seen both SF and Riordan up close and in person, there is little doubt that the latter is the better unit, by a lot. If Riordan loses to the Lancers, well, that's on the Phelan Avenue (oops) crew. By the way, it's "Phelan Avenue Forever."

Last edited:
To be frank, the Saturday performance by St. Francis was less than terrific. Serra simply overwhelmed them with physicality, quality depth and overall team speed in every category _ offense, defense and special teams. It wasn't pretty. It was not competitive. It was eye-opening, not to say shocking, as SF seemed cowed, intimidated and rather befuddled. Since the rivalry began late in the 1950s, this matchup/result might have been the worst SF showing ever (not counting the truncated 2021 spring quasi-exhibition season). At one early point Saturday it was a dismal 38-3. And the score did not really indicate how bad the situation actually was. In fairness, though, Serra has been dominating its NorCal foes for much of the last two seasons. Still, having seen both SF and Riordan up close and in person, there is little doubt that the latter is the better unit, by a lot. If Riordan loses to the Lancers, well, that's on the Phelan Avenue (oops) crew.
Lots of games to play @colhenrylives including next Fri night’s tussle with the Bells @ SJCC. The Bells will certainly be focused in not going 0-3. First WCAL Friday Night Lights road game for the upstart Crusaders. Should be a good one!

A couple of points here;

1. @Niklas227, I don’t want to tell you to be “woke”, but at least wake up and “let that (game) go”🎶 Game loss denial is not Indictable, but it is just as non realistic. (Biden won & Riordan won,…truth):Lol

2, This may need to be in the week #3 of WCAL analysis, but I want to give @jordan24 props for calling the Riordan opponents score in last week's predictions. I don’t know if he is calculating penalties factors with anticipated miscues, but I am recommending he do Fantasy Football vs. Fan Duel; Lmao

3. I really think @colhenrylives & @ArmchairGOAT can be both right without cross canceling each other, thus creating the PARADOX game of the season. The Bells do not or should I say “rather not” go into following week 0-4, but as it has been posted Riordan IS too much for them; both is SIZE and Talent.

I don’t think this is Coach A-Rav first rodeo, each game is the focus in front of the Dawgs & Leaders; but I do know the examples of Riordan of old with penalties and miscues will be IN film study and corrected.

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode

Last edited:
Reactions: Niklas227
I heard from my Serra buddies that Walsh is having Riordan and its 15 transfers to investigated by the WCAL officials.
Has anyone else heard the same?e
And NOW false narratives, don’t you realize your playbook has been nationally exposed,…you are right Walsh did submit prior to season and nothing was found. I’d be careful on opening that door for fear Serra, VC and SI might have some skeletons in their closets. And from your narration are not prepared or want to deal with closet issues.

C’Mon Man;lmao

You and @iamgearyblvd need a support group:Lol

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode

Last edited:
I heard from my Serra buddies that Walsh is having Riordan and its 15 transfers to investigated by the WCAL officials.
Has anyone else heard the same?
Vetted and approved by the CCS as every transfer from ALL the WCAL schools have satisfied the SOP. Be careful @Niklas227 in spewing lies and innuendos…Perhaps you meant a certain new HC tampering with another rival school’s kids touting his Poly heritage? Or perhaps the soph transfer now at his 3rd school in less than a year? Yes. Relationships matter and are strong in the community. Parents are aware and word gets around.

View: https://x.com/biggtoff415/status/1708532999799910574?s=61

Last edited:
Reactions: MC415
Vetted and approved by the CCS as every transfer from ALL the WCAL schools have satisfied the SOP. Be careful @Niklas227 in spewing lies and innuendos…Perhaps you meant a certain new HC tampering with another rival school’s kids touting his Poly heritage? Or perhaps the soph transfer now at his 3rd school in less than a year? Yes. Relationships matter and are strong in the community. Parents are aware and word gets around.

View: https://x.com/biggtoff415/status/1708532999799910574?s=61

Nope. Now you're spreading rumors insinuating things because of a HC heritage.

If you don't think Walsh is threatened by Riordan and these transfers. Give your head a shake.

Reactions: MadDawgSS
If key Riordan transfers were denied by CCS, we probably would have heard about it. However, the WCAL office did issue a rather tepid, oddly-worded warning of sorts noting that it expects all schools in all sports to adhere to kosher behavior when it comes to issues like transfers, recruiting, etc. No names. No specific schools. No specific sports. But we all get the picture. Still, the strangest case remains the soph SI QB who, in 2022, spent a week or two at Serra, transferred all the way south to Leland in San Jose and then wound up at SI in August. He has referred to SI now as a "brotherhood" via his X account.

@colhenrylives when you bring IT, you really BRING IT,…

What is nice about this board is when posters like @Niklas227 or @iamgearyblvd throw out agenda Narriatives? They are quickly DEBUNKED.

I have to remind myself this IS prep FB and not;

#StealingOfClassifiedDocuments
#PlanningOfInsurrections
#RICOofDefraudingTheUSgovt

Nope. Now you're spreading rumors insinuating things because of a HC heritage.

If you don't think Walsh is threatened by Riordan and these transfers. Give your head a shake.
Did anyone tell you how actually racist you are?

Coach A-Rav is Indian, I know many races have similar pigmen. But honestly what does that have to do with Polynesian players

C’Mon Man, you are getting close to message board banning,…same old play book🤬🤬

Did anyone tell you how actually racist you are?

Coach A-Rav is Indian, I know many races have similar pigmen. But honestly what does that have to do with Polynesian players

C’Mon Man, you are getting close to message board banning,…same old play book🤬🤬
You're the one insinuating a certain new coach might be poaching players because of Poly heritage. You should just say it.

Trying to pivot because you get called out for basically posting our coach is poaching your school's players is a sad look. Insecurity for sure.
He doesn't need to poach because that game we played against your squad could've easily gone either way. That includes your 15 transfers.

The kids will come over on their own just for the sake of getting on the field. Everyone knows a well coached team when they see one. You obviously don't know what you're looking at.

You're the one insinuating a certain new coach might be poaching players because of Poly heritage. You should just say it.

Trying to pivot because you get called out for basically posting our coach is poaching your school's players is a sad look. Insecurity for sure.
He doesn't need to poach because that game we played against your squad could've easily gone either way. That includes your 15 transfers.

The kids will come over on their own just for the sake of getting on the field. Everyone knows a well coached team when they see one. You obviously don't know what you're looking at.
OMG, you have officially LOST IT!!!

Please list the time and date I have said, “coach A-Rav, is successful because of his race”.

Coaches A-Rav and Joey are successful because of #NewAttitude & ushering IN a #NextEpisode.

I realize that message board comprehension, May not be one of your gifts. But ignorance isn’t a good look either.

To keep myself above the fray of a waste of time, I am actually going to do something I have never done on a message board,….see if there is an ignore prompt for certain posters 🤚

Note; Unsuccessful excuses;
1. SI should have beat Riordan, when the most fair balanced posters stated they were out manned and out gunned
2. Walsh is starting a False Investigation, when you haven’t even read WCAL statement of NO there/there and all transfers CCS approved
3 Playing the Race Card and saying that Polynesian players are coming to Riordan because of Indian coach who had a similar skin pigment

NEXT….

Last edited:
OMG, you have officially LOST IT!!!

Please list the time and date I have said, “coach A-Rav, is successful because of his race”.

Coaches A-Rav and Joey are successful because of #NewAttitude & ushering IN a #NextEpisode.

I realize that message board comprehension, May not be one of your gifts. But ignorance isn’t a good look either.

To keep myself above the fray of a waste of time, I am actually going to do something I have never done on a message board,….see if there is an ignore prompt for certain posters 🤚

Note; Unsuccessful excuses;
1. SI should have beat Riordan, when the most fair balanced posters stated they were out manned and out gunned
You were at the game watching were you not? If not, what are we talking about then.
2. Walsh is starting a False Investigation, when you haven’t even read WCAL statement of NO there/there and all transfers CCS approved
This was a question I asked if it was true. You ran with it and became very defensive for some strange reason.
3 Playing the Race Card and saying that Polynesian players are coming to Riordan because of Indian coach who had a similar skin pigment
You literally just made this up.
You're getting delusional. You should go for a walk.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is a little different type of WCAL thread than I have ever experienced of the 22 years I have been on this board. Typically the WCAL threads tend to be more respectful and thoughtful that what I am seeing here.
What is interesting is that hysterical and hyperbolic posts/responses re the WCAL rarely come from fans of some schools, specifically Bellarmine, St. Francis, Mitty and VC. For whatever reasons, those folks typically remain either mute or quite reasonable. The rest of us, well, we can get a bit snippy at times. Perhaps even more than snippy. Time for my daily chill pill.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
What is interesting is that hysterical and hyperbolic posts/responses re the WCAL rarely come from fans of some schools, specifically Bellarmine, St. Francis, Mitty and VC. For whatever reasons, those folks typically remain either mute or quite reasonable. The rest of us, well, we can get a bit snippy at times. Perhaps even more than snippy. Time for my daily chill pill.
You seem to be including yourself in the chippy group. Maybe, but certainly not inflammatory as a rule.

Caller what is your point,…@colehenry?

Hysterical/Hyperbolic,…. It seems you may have been IN that group SO much until a poster called you OUT about not even knowing that Myer Field eliminated the dirt infield? Isn’t there a limerick about a pot on this post?

C’Mon Mannnn,…don’t you want to keep your Fair Balanced Card. Or IS your passive/aggressive true colors of Green/White coming through;Lmao

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#BeatTheBells
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#HumbleCoachA-Rav

Last edited:
Caller what is your point,…@colehenry?

Hysterical/Hyperbolic,…. It seems you may have been IN that group SO much until a poster called you about not even knowing that Myer Field eliminated the dirt infield?

C’Mon Mannnn,…don’t you want to keep your Fair Balanced Card. Or IS your passive/aggressive true colors of Green/White coming through;Lmao

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#BeatTheBells
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#HumbleCoachA-Rav
Colhenry is actually very unbiased and he rarely toots any horn. Matter of fact the only two schools come to think of it where there are obvious loud-mouth fans is Folsom (that one Folsom poster) and Riordan (you came out of nowhere).

You should edit your call name because SFcity doesnt accurately depict your fandom. Also stop with these dumb hashtags. Not even your fellow Riordan folks are supporting it.

Reactions: WM483 and Niklas227
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT