ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Wraps Up Friday Night ! 11/3 Matchups

Lots of games to play @colhenrylives including next Fri night’s tussle with the Bells @ SJCC. The Bells will certainly be focused in not going 0-3. First WCAL Friday Night Lights road game for the upstart Crusaders. Should be a good one!
Respectfully disagree. Will be another blowout by at least 28 pts. Bells have weak linebacker core and weaker defensive backfield. No offense to speak of. QB can run, but will get swallowed by speed of Riordan‘s athletes.

Reactions: MC415
#PlainRain
#KingOfTheCellar
#RingTheBell
#CluelessAttitude
#SameOldEpisode
#HonorableCoaches
Did that strain your brain, it is obvious your not from the old country where men are poets;LMAO

Let’s see who HAS the correct #’s;Lol

@FBAddict et tu, what I love IS the synergy of energy IN Riordan Hatoraide (haven’t seen this much activity from backward thinking folks since Farmaide: LOL) I love getting people on the SAME page or lined up,…easier to Knock them down a peg or two.

I think I am actually raising viewership on the NorCal board,… NAW,…IT’s Riordan with its #NewAttitude and the ushering in the #NextEpisode

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FBAddict
If key Riordan transfers were denied by CCS, we probably would have heard about it. However, the WCAL office did issue a rather tepid, oddly-worded warning of sorts noting that it expects all schools in all sports to adhere to kosher behavior when it comes to issues like transfers, recruiting, etc. No names. No specific schools. No specific sports. But we all get the picture. Still, the strangest case remains the soph SI QB who, in 2022, spent a week or two at Serra, transferred all the way south to Leland in San Jose and then wound up at SI in August. He has referred to SI now as a "brotherhood" via his X account.
Spoke with the boy‘s father recently. Know him from the Pop Warner days a decade ago. Shifty, rather clever fellow. Wouldnt put anything beyond him.

Reactions: MC415
You were at the game watching were you not? If not, what are we talking about then.

This was a question I asked if it was true. You ran with it and became very defensive for some strange reason.

You literally just made this up.
N/A

I try my best to stick to facts. But some on this board say money left at parent’s doorsteps or an investigation of transfer improprieties I call it out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Another INNUENDO or do I say, “False Narrative”

Next,….
I try my best to stick to facts. But some on this board say money left at parent’s doorsteps or an investigation of transfer improprieties I call it ou. Nothing more, nothing less.
Is that @iamgearyblvd bag;LMAO

And no disrespect but I don’t think this board or listed poster is A very reliable source

Last edited:
Caller what is your point,…@colehenry?

Hysterical/Hyperbolic,…. It seems you may have been IN that group SO much until a poster called you OUT about not even knowing that Myer Field eliminated the dirt infield? Isn’t there a limerick about a pot on this post?

C’Mon Mannnn,…don’t you want to keep your Fair Balanced Card. Or IS your passive/aggressive true colors of Green/White coming through;Lmao

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#BeatTheBells
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#HumbleCoachA-Rav
Thank you. I rest my case.

A little off point/hypothetical here but how well received would some deeper SFL/WCAL non-league matchup's be. I know dance cards fill fast, but I have for awhile now been dreaming about these.

Serra vs Oak Ridge/Rocklin
Riordan/St. Francis vs Rocklin/Granite Bay
S.I./Valley or Bells vs. Del Oro/Granite Bay
SHC/ vs Whitney

These would be great matchup's. I feel like WCAL and SFL just don't schedule often enough. Both leagues, in most years are 3 teams deep very competitive.

Last edited:
If key Riordan transfers were denied by CCS, we probably would have heard about it. However, the WCAL office did issue a rather tepid, oddly-worded warning of sorts noting that it expects all schools in all sports to adhere to kosher behavior when it comes to issues like transfers, recruiting, etc. No names. No specific schools. No specific sports. But we all get the picture. Still, the strangest case remains the soph SI QB who, in 2022, spent a week or two at Serra, transferred all the way south to Leland in San Jose and then wound up at SI in August. He has referred to SI now as a "brotherhood" via his X account.
Colonel, here's my take on the SI QB. Just a theory for some chat on a high school FB board. Attends 2 weeks of fall practice at Serra. Quits team before school starts. Enrolls at Leland. Never suits up for a game with Serra, never attends a class at Serra. Plays freshman year at Leland. In June after SI frosh QB announces he's transferring to Marin Catholic he announces he's transferring to SI. I wouldn't read too much into the brotherhood thing, just trying to get off on the right foot with new teammates.

🤣 I was thinking the same thing! He did, after all, impersonate a Serra Padres fan last year.
This is what you call SMOKE:)))

Somebody text Boo-Boo. And let him know that Yogi is off the reservation and HE is trying to hang out with Smokey The Bear;LMAO

Don’t they know,… their CR for national parks is only for 45 days unless Riordan like people are called IN for a solution:LOL

Last edited:
A little off point/hypothetical here but how well received would some deeper SFL/WCAL non-league matchup's be. I know dance cards fill fast, but I have for awhile now been dreaming about these.

Serra vs Oak Ridge/Rocklin
Riordan/St. Francis vs Rocklin/Granite Bay
S.I./Valley or Bells vs. Del Oro/Granite Bay
SHC/ vs Whitney

These would be great matchup's. I feel like WCAL and SFL just don't schedule often enough. Both leagues, in most years are 3 teams deep very competitive.
I would like to see a series like this put together. As mentioned, this is hard to figure out with all of the different schools. I think when teams plays good intersectional games, it helps better connect NorCal and become less of silos with the sections.

For this year:

Serra-Folsom
St. Francis-Rocklin
Riordan-Oak Ridge
St. Ignatius-Granite Bay
Valley-Del Oro

I think SFL goes 3-2 in these games but no real big favorite in any matchup

I would like to see a series like this put together. As mentioned, this is hard to figure out with all of the different schools. I think when teams plays good intersectional games, it helps better connect NorCal and become less of silos with the sections.

For this year:

Serra-Folsom
St. Francis-Rocklin
Riordan-Oak Ridge
St. Ignatius-Granite Bay
Valley-Del Oro

I think SFL goes 3-2 in these games but no real big favorite in any matchup
+5

One possible solution to alleviate logistical nightmares with traffic and the Aug-September heat in the Sacramento area is to have 2 venues host Saturday night games. (i.e. Oak Ridge and Folsom)

Heat is not the issue in the Bay Area - but Saturday games would still be the best way to minimize traffic commutes. 2 Bay Area Venues could be St. Francis and either Serra or SI. Kezar would be great for an all-day affair. My $.02

What false narrative? Hope you’re not calling me a liar. Just stating facts. The truth
My bad, taking it very personal,…just see innuendos, NO stated Facts/Inappropriate actions given.

You have to deal with the observation of truth per posted information:)

Last edited:
My bad, taking it very personal,…just see innuendos, NO stated Facts given.

You have to deal with the observation of truth per posted information:)
Wrong again. The fact I stated was that I know the father and spoke to him recently, actually very recently. YOU need to check yourself and be polite to fellow users on this board.

Reactions: Niklas227
Wrong again. The fact I stated was that I know the father and spoke to him recently, actually very recently. YOU need to check yourself and be polite to fellow users on this board.
This is where IT seems you have limited comprehension or AGAIN just want to spread INNUENDO(s),

“I know a father and spoke with him”, tells every reader on this board NOTHING; “except you can have a conversation”.

What it doesn’t share or enlighten to the ENGLISH speaking population or reader? What impropriety occurred in this farther’s choice IN having his son attend Riordan. (since you are demonstrating a comprehension challenge, are you understanding that conversation?)

🎤…..drop(✌️out)

Last edited:
WCAL Week #3
Friday Night 10/6

• Valley Christian (4-1 /1-1) @ Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-5/0-2) - Kezar Stadium
    • Warriors return to the City to take on the Irish. Both teams looking for bounce back wins - SHC looking for their first win of the season. VC was tied with Riordan at one one point before the Crusaders passing game got into gear to win convincingly. SHC made a furious comeback and may have found their qb for the rest of the season as Sargent passed for 3 TDs. If the Irish can get their passing game going like last week, the Irish may have a chance for the upset. But can the Irish stop the VC rushing attack? VC 28 SHC 14
  • Serra (5-0/2-0) @ Archbishop Mitty (4-1/1-1) @ Foothill College
    • The Padres make the trek down to Los Altos Hills to take on the Monarchs. Serra comes off a total dismantling of St. Francis as it got its passing game going and its bruising defense contained the Lancers methodical rushing attack. I see Serra bolting out to a commanding lead and then shutting it down in the second half as the game most likely will be a running clock. Serra 42 Mitty 10
  • St. Francis (2-3/1-1) @ St. Ignatius (3-2/1-1)
    • Arguably the WCAL game of the night with 2 contenders attempting to create a bit of separation in the standings. The Lancers smarting off of the Serra loss last week will need to shake it off and face a balanced SI offense that can beat you both on the ground and in the air. St. Francis will need to keep the SI offense off the field and chew up clock in the Sunset fog. Can the Lancer pass D improve its coverage from last week? Both teams have reliable kickers and could potentially decide the final outcome. St. Francis 24 SI 17
  • Archbishop Riordan (4-1/2-0) @ Bellarmine (1-4/0-2) @ San Jose City College
    • The host Bells look to score an upset and first league win at the home away from home-SJCC. This is the Crusaders first WCAL road game and will need to be focused on playing a complete game in a hostile environment. Can the upstart Crusaders continue its high scoring against a determined Bells defense? Bellarmine's ace in the hole is the arm and legs of its senior star QB as he can score from anywhere on the field. Riordan 42 Bellarmine 17

WCAL Week #3
Friday Night 10/6

• Valley Christian (4-1 /1-1) @ Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-5/0-2) - Kezar Stadium
    • Warriors return to the City to take on the Irish. Both teams looking for bounce back wins - SHC looking for their first win of the season. VC was tied with Riordan at one one point before the Crusaders passing game got into gear to win convincingly. SHC made a furious comeback and may have found their qb for the rest of the season as Sargent passed for 3 TDs. If the Irish can get their passing game going like last week, the Irish may have a chance for the upset. But can the Irish stop the VC rushing attack? VC 28 SHC 14
  • Serra (5-0/2-0) @ Archbishop Mitty (4-1/1-1) @ Foothill College
    • The Padres make the trek down to Los Altos Hills to take on the Monarchs. Serra comes off a total dismantling of St. Francis as it got its passing game going and its bruising defense contained the Lancers methodical rushing attack. I see Serra bolting out to a commanding lead and then shutting it down in the second half as the game most likely will be a running clock. Serra 42 Mitty 10
  • St. Francis (2-3/1-1) @ St. Ignatius (3-2/1-1)
    • Arguably the WCAL game of the night with 2 contenders attempting to create a bit of separation in the standings. The Lancers smarting off of the Serra loss last week will need to shake it off and face a balanced SI offense that can beat you both on the ground and in the air. St. Francis will need to keep the SI offense off the field and chew up clock in the Sunset fog. Can the Lancer pass D improve its coverage from last week? Both teams have reliable kickers and could potentially decide the final outcome. St. Francis 24 SI 17
  • Archbishop Riordan (4-1/2-0) @ Bellarmine (1-4/0-2) @ San Jose City College
    • The host Bells look to score an upset and first league win at the home away from home-SJCC. This is the Crusaders first WCAL road game and will need to be focused on playing a complete game in a hostile environment. Can the upstart Crusaders continue its high scoring against a determined Bells defense? Bellarmine's ace in the hole is the arm and legs of its senior star QB as he can score from anywhere on the field. Riordan 42 Bellarmine 17
Agree with you on all of the picks. Really looking forward to the St. Francis-St. Ignatius game. St. Francis is in the interesting spot of losing to three top notch teams and not beating anyone of consequence. So what are the Lancers? We will find out this week!

I originally titled the match up @TheParadox Game Of the season. That was based on the two different viewpoints Of @colhenrylives & @ArmchairGOAT. I felt that both points could be right snd not contradict.

But after some input and discussion, I am changing my game title to @ChangeOfParadigm I don’t believe The Crusaders bested the Bells, since the 60’s and It has been another milestone since the Bells started a FB season 0-4.

This is the game that Riordan changes the paradigm.

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#ChangeOfParadigm
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#CrusadersAssemble - Coach ARav

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I originally titled the match up @TheParadox Game Of the season. That was based on the two different viewpoints Of @colhenrylives & @ArmchairGOAT. I felt that both points could be right snd not contradict.

But after some input and discussion, I am changing my game title to @ChangeOfParadigm I don’t believe The Crusaders bested the Bells, since the 60’s and It has been another milestone since the Bells started a FB season 0-4.

This is the game that Riordan changes the paradigm.

#PurpleRain
#KingsOfKezar
#ChangeOfParadigm
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
#CrusadersAssemble - Coach ARav
It has been some time since the Crusaders rung the Bells but it's been more recent than the 60s.

During the Peralta HC years, Riordan won in 2000 or 2001.

It has been some time since the Crusaders rung the Bells but it's been more recent than the 60s.

It was year 2000. And I think AR beat BCP in 1971 and 1972, although someone should fact-check it for us.

In 2015, BCP was the CCS Open-D1 champ and eventual winner of regionals over Folsom. AM beat BCP 35-28 while AR, JS, SF and VC all played BCP close making that year one of the strongest WCAL league seasons of recent memory.

It was year 2000. And I think AR beat BCP in 1971 and 1972, although someone should fact-check it for us.

In 2015, BCP was the CCS Open-D1 champ and eventual winner of regionals over Folsom. AM beat BCP 35-28 while AR, JS, SF and VC all played BCP close making that year one of the strongest WCAL league seasons of recent memory.
The first year Riordan beat BCP in football was in 1966 at Kezar. I don't know if it's still there but there was a piece of the goal post on the wall of the west end of the gym.

The first year Riordan beat BCP in football was in 1966 at Kezar. I don't know if it's still there but there was a piece of the goal post on the wall of the west end of the gym.

This is from the AR Sports webpage. Although AR won the CCS D3 championship in 2007, they tied for 5th place in the WCAL that year.

Records & Championships​

Archbishop Riordan High School has a storied history of athletic achievement. Our players have gone on to considerable success in the NBA, NFL, and collegiate levels.

Championships By Sport​

BOYS BASKETBALL

FOOTBALL

CAL:
WCAL:
CCS-DIII:

Reactions: sylvan
@CAPTAIN MORGAN , good knowledge! The goal post was taken down years ago along with the Crusader Forum sign and all of the WCAL member schools/logos that were on the east end wall. It would be cool if they put them back up

I believe they still lost to the Bells. this is when @ARHS Stats WOULD normally chime IN for clarification

Riordan was 9-1 entering the playoffs in 2000, outright WCAL Champ and Bells finished in 3rd that year. Who did Riordan lose to that season before the Championship game is the question?
Championship games often take on a different air than regular season games. You have only look back to the 2021 CCS Championship game to see another example.

Riordan 31, Bell 14 in 2000
Who says we need @ARHS Stats for clarity?Lol
But it still strengthens my premise of this game being @ChangeOfParadigm game. The Simple fact that brain wealth of this board had to go back and forth.
The Bells have had Riordan’s number except for some sentinel moments. It is important to take care of Business,…A generation IS a long time

Who says we need @ARHS Stats for clarity?Lol
But it still strengthens my premise of this game being @ChangeOfParadigm game. The Simple fact that brain wealth of this board had to go back and forth.
The Bells have had Riordan’s number except for some sentinel moments. It is important to take care of Business,…A generation IS a long time
AR went on to 2000 CCS D4 playoffs and lost in the championship game to San Lorenzo Valley 20-17.

Respectfully disagree. Will be another blowout by at least 28 pts. Bells have weak linebacker core and weaker defensive backfield. No offense to speak of. QB can run, but will get swallowed by speed of Riordan‘s athletes.

All of the WCAL games will be blowouts if Serra or Riordan are involved. The WCAL is a one team race, but it is also a very weak league when you remove the top two teams. Serra is beating the WCAL teams the same way SO-CAL teams are beating them. It's not even close!

Nor Cal football as a whole is down and the WCAL (minus Serra) is under that. Riordan already has a loss.

@CAPTAIN MORGAN , good knowledge! The goal post was taken down years ago along with the Crusader Forum sign and all of the WCAL member schools/logos that were on the east end wall. It would be cool if they put them back up
The Forum wall had Riordan / WCAL records Was on the wrong side of a scoring record, think they put up 107 on us Pads in 1980/81 lol always gave me a laugh whenever i returned

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT