ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Wraps Up Friday Night ! 11/3 Matchups

WCAL Week #4
Friday Night 10/13

• St. Francis (3-3 /2-1) @ Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-6/0-3) - Kezar Stadium
    • The Lancers visit the City looking to notch its 2nd straight WCAL win vs the Fighting Irish at historic Kezar Stadium. SF pulled out a tough win vs SI last week imposing its defense on the Cats as they were limited to a single TD. SHC looks again to get its first win this year. The Irish were impressive last week as they came up short against Valley Christian. Odd game as the Fri night game ended abruptly because of a power outage and had to resume the NEXT night. Can SHC limit the Lancers ground attack? Can SHC's passing game move the sticks and score? SF 28 SHC 7
  • St. Ignatius (3-3/1-2) @ Valley Christian (5-1/2-1)
    • The 'Cats travel to the Hilltop to take on the Warriors. Both teams had close games last week as VC edged SHC and SI came up short @ SF. Critical game for SI as they seek to be in the top half of the WCAL and ensure good playoff positioning. VC looking to do the same. I'll take the 'Cats' balanced passing and running games vs the run-dominant Warriors. SI 24 VC 17
Saturday 10/14
  • Bellarmine (1-5/0-3) @ Serra 6-0/3-0)
    • The Bells visit W. 20th Ave. with an afternoon tilt vs NorCal # 1 Serra. Tough game for the Bells to notch its first league win and stay in hunt for the post season. Bells pass D was torched vs Riordan last Friday. Bells kept the final score respectable as it scored against the Riordan reserves in the second half. POY candidate Parker Threatt is doing all he can to keep the Bells alive with his arm and legs. Serra comes in well rested after winning comfortably at Mitty last week. Not in the cards for the Bells this week as Serra looks to warm up for its clash with Riordan next week. Serra 49 Bellarmine 7
  • Archbishop Mitty (4-2/1-2) @ Riordan (5-1/3-0)
    • This has trap game written all over it as the Monarchs visit the Crusaders. Mitty shut out by Serra last week at home and Riordan gets a rare win vs the Bells on the road last week. Mitty looking to improve its position for post season. Mitty's run game will need to keep the high scoring Crusaders off the field and take advantage of any turnovers if it has a shot at taking down the Crusaders. Riordan needs to continue executing its passing game and running the ball with its RBs whoever that may be as they have suffered some injuries. The Crusaders appear to be limiting its penalties, but need to remain focused on D in closing out the Monarchs in preparation for next Saturday in San Mateo. Riordan 42 Mitty 17

Nice work, as usual. One small caveat: In today's equity-based post-season world, both at the section and NorCal/State levels, it's probably more advantageous for most WCAL teams to lose to actually enhance their playoff chances in CCS divisions other than Division I _ and beyond. Again, losing winds up being winning in the long run. It's counter-intuitive but that's life in our Bizarro World of CIF athletics.

Reactions: bella123
Nice work, as usual. One small caveat: In today's equity-based post-season world, both at the section and NorCal/State levels, it's probably more advantageous for most WCAL teams to lose to actually enhance their playoff chances in CCS divisions other than Division I _ and beyond. Again, losing winds up being winning in the long run. It's counter-intuitive but that's life in our Bizarro World of CIF athletics.
Yes, a loss or two probably pays off in the long run. Get out of the top division
so you don't have to play a team with 40 scholarship players in the state title game. But don't lose like six games to where you're a 4th place team playing some other .500 team. It's crazy stuff.

I initially titled this week as @TheTrapGame, but I have heard the mantra and focus to Senior Day honorees & Team; that “THEY STAND ON THE SHOULDERS Of CRUSADERS BEFORE THEM”. Which mirrors the Morris & Green administrative theme with the “Alumnus Celebration at 1st League game vs our sister city program”. (The start of the KofK)

As usual Coach A-Rav had found a motivational thread to mobilize and actualize. Definitely HIGH potential candidate of COY;WCAL

The predictions look good, and MAY not be a sightings of starters IN 2nd half to save for the WCAL Gauntlet before the return to SF to complete capture of “KingsOfKezar” (checkmate)

Last edited:
Re Serra's hudl livestream, maybe it's just me but I can't figure out how to make the video screen bigger. On NFHS you can get a full screen but with hudl I'm getting like one-fourth of a screen. Also there is a small scoreboard in the corner but it's too tiny and washed out to see. And the PA announcer rarely, if ever, announces the score of the game. Anybody else have these issues?

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I managed to increase the size of the video screen to about 2/3, so that's better. Still don't know the score of the game.

WCAL Week #4 Results
Friday Night 10/13

• St. Ignatius 15 @ Valley Christian 14
  • St. Francis 44 @ Sacred Heart Cathedral 22
Saturday 10/14
  • Bellarmine 16 @ Serra 54
  • Archbishop Mitty 42 @ Archbishop Riordan 56
Games This Week
Friday Night 10/20

• Bellarmine (1-6/0-4) at Mitty (4-3/1-3)
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-7/0-4) @ St. Ignatius (4-3/2-2) @ Kezar (Bruce-Mahoney Game)
  • Valley Christian (5-2/2-2) @ St. Francis (4-3/3-1)
Sat 10/21
  • Archbishop Riordan (6-1/4-0) @ Serra (7-0/4-0) Baxter Trophy - Game of the week

Great job!

I attended the SI @VC game Friday night. There were three major observations of the teams.

1. The linemen on the SI side were discipled and focused. The pocket protection of the SI O-line was especially impressive. VC linemen were generally undisciplined and seemed to focus on their primary assignment only but failed to add to secondary benefits to the overall play objectives. The line work is the major reason why SI beat VC in my opinion. To be fair, I did hear VC's center was out due to injury.

2. There is a lot of talent on the VC secondary. RBs worked hard and the QB was scrappy making for an unexpectedly good triple-option QB. LBs were fast and talented as well.

3. SI's QB and receivers were talented. Unfortunately for SI, the receivers kept dropping the ball otherwise the score might have been much different. Lots of potential lies with the QB.

Last edited:
Great job!

I attended the SI @VC game Friday night. There were three major observations of the teams.
1. The linemen on the SI side were discipled and focused. The pocket protection of the SI O-line was especially impressive. VC linemen were generally undisciplined and seemed to focus on their primary assignment only but failed to add to secondary benefits to the overall play objectives. The line work is the major reason why SI beat VC in my opinion. To be fair, I did hear VC's center was out due to injury.

2. There is a lot of talent on the VC secondary. RBs worked hard and the QB was scrappy making for an unexpectedly good triple-option QB. LBs were fast and talented as well.

3. SI's QB and receivers were talented. Unfortunately for SI, the receivers kept dropping the ball otherwise the score might have been much different. Lots of potential lies with the QB.
SI has to be disciplined because their margin for error is tight being a small team outside of their huge bluechip LT John Mills. They've lost the size and athleticism battle every week. But, somehow find a way to battle and win some games. The kicker is literally one of their best players.

Last edited:
SI has to be disciplined because their margin for error is tight being a small team outside of their huge bluechip LT John Mills. They've lost the size and athleticism battle every week. But, somehow find a way to battle and win some games. The kicker is literally one of their better players.
Forgot to mention the SI kicker. We saw him hit a 55 yard field goal in practice.

Will have my weekly preview/predictions later this week. Just wanted to start the conversation of the game many in the WCAL have been circling on the calendar - Archbishop Riordan vs Serra.
It would be great to get @Rmbr26 assessment! It's been since 2015 when Riordan even sniffed the WCAL title. Serra, no doubt, is the prohibitive favorite, but wanted to get everyone's take on next Saturday's game. (i.e. key matchups, position by position advantage, etc.). I just hoped that Poly Day would have been next Saturday. Lol. Should be a good one.

• Haha
Will have my weekly preview/predictions later this week. Just wanted to start the conversation of the game many in the WCAL have been circling on the calendar - Archbishop Riordan vs Serra.
It would be great to get @Rmbr26 assessment! It's been since 2015 when Riordan even sniffed the WCAL title. Serra, no doubt, is the prohibitive favorite, but wanted to get everyone's take on next Saturday's game. (i.e. key matchups, position by position advantage, etc.). I just hoped that Poly Day would have been next Saturday. Lol. Should be a good one.
I had Serra at -17 a couple weeks ago. Im edging it up to -19.5. Last year was 45-7. Riordan with a tad bit more talent this year makes it a nudge closer. Serra 41-21.

• Haha
WCAL Week #5
Friday Night 10/20

• Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-7/0-4) @ St. Ignatius (4-3/2-2) @ Kezar Stadium (Bruce-Mahoney Game)
    • This long time and storied City rivalry continues as the Irish are the visiting team and look to score their first win of the season over SI. SHC put up a good fight against St. Francis last week only to fall short. SI scores 15 points in the 4th quarter for a huge road win at Valley Christian last week. Both SHC and SI can both go to the air or ground. The key is the teams' defenses. SHC has struggled containing the run and that will be the key. S1 28 SHC 21
  • Bellarmine (1-6)/0-4) @ Archbishop Mitty (4-3/1-3)
    • Bellarmine travels to Mitty for the Monarchs lone on campus night game of the year. Huge game for the Bells if they want to earn a playoff spot. Mitty came out strong and seemingly scoring at will against Riordan in the first half before suffering some critical game-changing turnovers that resulted in the Crusader win going away. Bellarmine suffered its 4th loss in league by getting thumped by Serra. This is another game against longtime SJ rivals. Like SHC, the Bells will need their defense to step up if it has a shot at winning. They certainly can move the ball with the arms and legs of Parker Threatt. Mitty's offense could be explosive with its bruising run game and opportunistic pass game. Mitty 42 Bellarmine 21
    • The Warriors smarting from its 4th quarter meltdown and loss to SI looks to rebound in Mountain View against the Lancers. Both teams have big lines and bruising running backs. VC's QB can move the chains with his arm and legs and has a very good WR. The Lancers counter with its beast RB and feel good story of the year with QB Knapp. Should be a ball control run heavy game with plenty of hard hitting defenses. Lancers enjoy home cooking with a close win. St. Francis 24 Valley Christian 14
Saturday 10/21
  • Archbishop Riordan (6-1/4-0) @ Serra (7-0/4-0) Baxter Trophy Game
Game of the week, possibly the game of the WCAL Season as Riordan visits Tom Brady Family Stadium on Saturday afternoon for the annual Baxter Trophy. The last Riordan team to contend was in 2015 and Serra and Riordan played one for the ages as Riordan came out on top 66-45. This year, #1 NorCal Serra has run roughshod over all of its opponents and averaging over 50 points in league, winning by 4 scores+! The Padre defense is one of the best defenses ever seen in NorCal sporting hard hitting fast athletes all over the field. Serra's offense includes POY QB Sr. Smith and has a stable of RBs and quick receivers at his disposal. 6-6 TE Harrison provides a nightmare for defenses. This will be an intriguing matchup of the senior-dominated Padres' defense against the young and talented Riordan offense. Both squads have D1 players strewn across their rosters. The Crusaders have slowly developed a pretty good run game with its next man up approach as it deals with some injures. Riordan's defense has shown signs of being good at time, but have not been consistent and have given up quite amount points in its recent wins. If the Crusaders are to be in this game with the Padres, the Crusader OL and DL will need dominate the LOS. They also will need to play disciplined defense, avoid uneccesary personal fouls and shut down the various formations, bruising rushing attack and trick plays that Serra often runs. The Riordan offense will need to spread out the Serra D so they cannot tee off on the QB or RB setting up 1 on 1 coverage against the against the Padre DBs. Serra's special teams are very good as stated by @colhenrylives. Riordan can counter with its returners who can break one for a TD at any time. WIth all that said, gotta go with the #1 and senior-loaded team - Padres. Serra 48 Riordan 28
P.S. calling @Rmbr26 for his take on this Saturday's game.​

Last edited:
  • Haha
A healthy Riordan team would make Saturday very interesting. Unfortunately, this is not a healthy team. They're really banged up, especially at linebacker. I'm going 36-7 Serra. Maybe Lawson can work some magic to get the Crusaders in the end zone a couple more times.

I think Bruce-Mahoney will be a better game than people think. SHC is obviously the underdog, but has been playing better lately. Ultimately their inability to stop the run will probably do them in, but I think it stays close. Something like 31-21 SI.

WCAL Week #5
Friday Night 10/20

• Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-7/0-4) @ St. Ignatius (4-3/2-2) @ Kezar Stadium (Bruce-Mahoney Game)
    • This long time and storied City rivalry continues as the Irish are the visiting team and look to score their first win of the season over SI. SHC put up a good fight against St. Francis last week only to fall short. SI scores 15 points in the 4th quarter for a huge road win at Valley Christian last week. Both SHC and SI can both go to the air or ground. The key is the teams' defenses. SHC has struggled containing the run and that will be the key. S1 28 SHC 21
  • Bellarmine (1-6)/0-4) @ Archbishop Mitty (4-3/1-3)
    • Bellarmine travels to Mitty for the Monarchs lone on campus night game of the year. Huge game for the Bells if they want to earn a playoff spot. Mitty came out strong and seemingly scoring at will against Riordan in the first half before suffering some critical game-changing turnovers that resulted in the Crusader win going away. Bellarmine suffered its 4th loss in league by getting thumped by Serra. This is another game against longtime SJ rivals. Like SHC, the Bells will need their defense to step up if it has a shot at winning. They certainly can move the ball with the arms and legs of Parker Threatt. Mitty's offense could be explosive with its bruising run game and opportunistic pass game. Mitty 42 Bellarmine 21
    • The Warriors smarting from its 4th quarter meltdown and loss to SI looks to rebound in Mountain View against the Lancers. Both teams have big lines and bruising running backs. VC's QB can move the chains with his arm and legs and has a very good WR. The Lancers counter with its beast RB and feel good story of the year with QB Knapp. Should be a ball control run heavy game with plenty of hard hitting defenses. Lancers enjoy home cooking with a close win. St. Francis 24 Valley Christian 14
Saturday 10/21
  • Archbishop Riordan (6-1/4-0) @ Serra (7-0/4-0) Baxter Trophy Game
Game of the week, possibly the game of the WCAL Season as Riordan visits Tom Brady Family Stadium on Saturday afternoon for the annual Baxter Trophy. The last Riordan team to contend was in 2015 and Serra and Riordan played one for the ages as Riordan came out on top 66-45. This year, #1 NorCal Serra has run roughshod over all of its opponents and averaging over 50 points in league, winning by 4 scores+! The Padre defense is one of the best defenses ever seen in NorCal sporting hard hitting fast athletes all over the field. Serra's offense includes POY QB Sr. Smith and has a stable of RBs and quick receivers at his disposal. 6-6 TE Harrison provides a nightmare for defenses. This will be an intriguing matchup of the senior-dominated Padres' defense against the young and talented Riordan offense. Both squads have D1 players strewn across their rosters. The Crusaders have slowly developed a pretty good run game with its next man up approach as it deals with some injures. Riordan's defense has shown signs of being good at time, but have not been consistent and have given up quite amount points in its recent wins. If the Crusaders are to be in this game with the Padres, the Crusader OL and DL will need dominate the LOS. They also will need to play disciplined defense, avoid uneccesary personal fouls and shut down the various formations, bruising rushing attack and trick plays that Serra often runs. The Riordan offense will need to spread out the Serra D so they cannot tee off on the QB or RB setting up 1 on 1 coverage against the against the Padre DBs. Serra's special teams are very good as stated by @colhenrylives. Riordan can counter with its returners who can break one for a TD at any time. WIth all that said, gotta go with the #1 and senior-loaded team - Padres. Serra 48 Riordan 28
P.S. calling @Rmbr26 for his take on this Saturday's game.​
I havent watched in depth the all the Riordan games but Im sure you can answer this one: I know Lawson and Jackson do play majority of all downs both ways but do Tofi, both Langi's, Lolo, Tupou play DL on 90% of snaps? In a game like this, if you are serious about winning, you need your best guys playing both ways for pretty much all snaps.

I havent watched in depth the all the Riordan games but Im sure you can answer this one: I know Lawson and Jackson do play majority of all downs both ways but do Tofi, both Langi's, Lolo, Tupou play DL on 90% of snaps? In a game like this, if you are serious about winning, you need your best guys playing both ways for pretty much all snaps.
Yes. Those players rotate in addition to Fr David Lee who has started the entire season at DE and has numerous sacks and TFLs. Similar to how Serra plays its best players on both sides of the ball. @EthanRKassel is correct that the LB corp and RBs are pretty banged up. (What team isn't at this point of the season). Next man up approach.

Yes. Those players rotate in addition to Fr David Lee who has started the entire season at DE and has numerous sacks and TFLs. Similar to how Serra plays its best players on both sides of the ball. @EthanRKassel is correct that the LB corp and RBs are pretty banged up. (What team isn't at this point of the season). Next man up approach.
As per normal form, GREAT write up @jordan24,…

“A lot and Not A lot” is weighted On this match up,…my Paradox is probably best articulated in the simple fact No One thought Riordan would be here IN this Potential Of a Upset.

This IS a Way for Riordan to FindOut who they Are? I don’t think they have anything to prove to the loud Naysayers & Doubters, because they have HUSHED them wrong and stood up to every INNUENDO. It is Now about Riordan Proving to Themselves.

As a Riordan Homer(proud self distinguishing poster), I will and never would predict a score where Riordan comes out at a lost. So predict that the Crusaders will Show Up and be Accountable to two basic principles;
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode

• Haha

“A lot and Not A lot” is weighted On this match up,…my Paradox is probably best articulated in the simple fact No One thought Riordan would be here IN this Potential Of a Upset.

This IS a Way for Riordan to FindOut who they Are? I don’t think they have anything to prove to the loud Naysayers & Doubters, because they have HUSHED them wrong and stood up to every INNUENDO. It is Now about Riordan Proving to Themselves.

As a Riordan Homer(proud self distinguishing poster), I will and never would predict a score where Riordan comes out at a lost. So predict that the Crusaders will Show Up and be Accountable to two basic principles;
#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
🗑️ #HOTTRASH
A so-called homer who is playing both sides. If Riordan wins, oh my dumb hashtags, oh purple reign, oh kings of a place they never play and if Riordan loses, oh dumb hashtags, oh we are just getting started, oh lets buy some more transfers next year.

You are one funny dude. You are about to find out how wide that gap is between being HOT and being HYPE.

#NewAttitude
#NextEpisode
I still can't tell if this is satire

• Haha
🗑️ #HOTTRASH
A so-called homer who is playing both sides. If Riordan wins, oh my dumb hashtags, oh purple reign, oh kings of a place they never play and if Riordan loses, oh dumb hashtags, oh we are just getting started, oh lets buy some more transfers next year.

You are one funny dude. You are about to find out how wide that gap is between being HOT and being HYPE.
Am I,…Or is your jealousy of Riordan So Strong? You quickly get into bed with “who’s ur daddy”; did you bring an Overnight Bag? LMAO

Opps,…did I say that OUT LOUD?

#TheGuanlet

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, Does anyone know why SHC running back Williams did not play yesterday? He would have made a difference. I was disappointed Coach Evans didn't use or try more running backs since some are in their senior year. SHC offense is looking much better with the young QB Sargent leading the team and it has shown the last few games. Sargents passing game is above average and I think next year he will improve tremendously with their good frosh team.. Can SHC get the win over the bells next week? That would great for this young Irish team to get on the W column and frankly, it will be their best chance to get one in the league! The announcer yesterday said everyone in the WCAL gets into the playoffs...even if you win 0 games? Can anyone enlighten?

Serra with a total dismantling of upstart Riordan yesterday as they have dominated the entire WCAL this year. The Padres again are the heavy favorite for the CCS Open title and it's not even close.
Much respect for what Coach Walsh has done the past 22 years as I remember the league was dominated by either Bellarmine or St. Francis. Enter Valley Christian in 2021, also, and the league instantly had 4 perennial powers.
I might be showing my age, but the tone of my posts have been significantly measured since I first came on this board. With that said, the league embraced both Serra and VC as they ascended to the top half of the league and with Serra being the top dog the past few seasons in NorCal. They are led by a terrific senior class along with talented underclassmen and depth. Walsh has done a great job in aligning with the junior football programs in the area and starting up the Next Level Flag football program. What a wonderful opportunity to get kids introduced to football!
Now we have Riordan in its 2nd year with Coach Ravipati and he has turned the around program with an exciting brand of ball clinching a CCS playoff berth not seen since 2015. Transfers have become the norm but so have freshman now starting on Varsity. Yes. Riordan got blown out, but so has every other league school that has been in Serra's path this year. Yet, Riordan gets bashed by a few. Some good observations, some over the top enthusiasm and barbs, but some downright snarky and petty. I see you @Irish_Cheers' emojis! lol
It's just good to see another school that has been down for so many years now becoming relevant in WCAL football. Btw- Great turnout by Crusader Nation yesterday as the community has embraced the program. OK, I'm off my soapbox. (there goes my age again lol.)
Two more league games remain with some final seeding positions yet to be decided! Game of the week looks to be Riordan @ St. Francis to determine the 2nd place WCAL finisher.
Congrats to Serra, SF, Mitty, RIordan, VC and SI in clinching CCS spots this weekend! I'm sure the Bells and Irish will be back in the hunt very soon.

WCAL Week #5 Results
10/20 Friday Night
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral 14 @ SI 38 @ Kezar (SI takes 2-0 lead in -2023 Bruce-Mahoney series)
  • Bellarmine 0 @ Mitty 19
  • Valley Christian 14 @ St. Francis 24
10/21 Saturday
  • Riordan 7 @ Serra 53

WCAL Week #6
Friday Night 10/27

• Archbishop Mitty (5-3/2-3) @ St. Ignatius (5-3/3-2)
    • Mitty travels north to the Sunset to take on SI. Both teams looking to improve their place in the WCAL standings and more importantly, seeding for the CCS Open/D1. Mitty comes off a shutout win over San Jose rival Bellarmine and looks to continue its winning ways. SI defeated SHC in the annual Bruce Mahoney game in a contest that was relatively close with the 'Cats pulling away at the end 38-14. First comfortable win for SI as they have been in close contests throughout the league season. Both teams feature balanced offenses with each team's running game effective nuanced by Mitty's power run game and SI's speedy rbs. This game goes to the wire with Mitty reversing the tables on SI and pulling out a close one. Mitty 28 SI 24
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-8/0-5 @ Bellarmine (1-7)/0-5) @ SJCC
    • The battle of teams looking to score its first WCAL win as the Irish head down to San Jose City College to take on the Bells. Irish pass offense has picked up since starting its soph QB Sargent, but still struggles to contain the run. Bellarmine relies on the arm and legs of POY candidate Parker Threatt. Irish make it a tight game throughout, but it's the grit and legs of senior Parker Threatt that comes through for the victory. Bellarmine 21 SHC 14
  • Serra (8-0/5-0) @ Valley Christian (5-3/2-3)
    • Serra makes its way down to deep South San Jose to take on Valley Christian on its hilltop campus. The Padres make a huge statement in its dominating win vs the young and upstart Riordan Crusaders. Valley comes off a relatively competitive game vs St. Francis. Some may view this as a letdown game for Serra, but its coaching staff and seniors will see none of that. Serra in another rout. Serra 56 Valley Christian 0
  • Archbishop Riordan (6-2/4-1) @ St. Francis (5-3/4-1)
    • Game of the week with determination of who can secure 2nd place and most likely the 2nd seed in the CCS/D1 playoffs. Riordan comes in banged up but motivated for the chance for a rare victory over the Lancers and secure 2nd place for at least a week. As stated in other posts, the Crusaders will need to be in a high scoring affair with the Lancers to have a shot at victory. The Lancers will be primed to go to its patented power I run game and the timely and effective passing game led by QB Knapp. SF has some monster LBs that could give the improving Crusader run game fits. Crusader QB Mitchell and their talented WRs will need to spread the field in order to give their speedy players space to make big gains. Riordan's DBs and OL/DL on both sides will need to establish themselves against the formidable Lancer lines. The Crusaders seemed out of sorts with some glaring lapses on special teams and pass coverage last week. That could be the key to a win or a loss. I'm going with the young Crusaders who want to prove the naysayers wrong. Riordan 35 St. Francis 31

WCAL Week #6
Friday Night 10/27

• Archbishop Mitty (5-3/2-3) @ St. Ignatius (5-3/3-2)
    • Mitty travels north to the Sunset to take on SI. Both teams looking to improve their place in the WCAL standings and more importantly, seeding for the CCS Open/D1. Mitty comes off a shutout win over San Jose rival Bellarmine and looks to continue its winning ways. SI defeated SHC in the annual Bruce Mahoney game in a contest that was relatively close with the 'Cats pulling away at the end 38-14. First comfortable win for SI as they have been in close contests throughout the league season. Both teams feature balanced offenses with each team's running game effective nuanced by Mitty's power run game and SI's speedy rbs. This game goes to the wire with Mitty reversing the tables on SI and pulling out a close one. Mitty 28 SI 24
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-8/0-5 @ Bellarmine (1-7)/0-5) @ SJCC
    • The battle of teams looking to score its first WCAL win as the Irish head down to San Jose City College to take on the Bells. Irish pass offense has picked up since starting its soph QB Sargent, but still struggles to contain the run. Bellarmine relies on the arm and legs of POY candidate Parker Threatt. Irish make it a tight game throughout, but it's the grit and legs of senior Parker Threatt that comes through for the victory. Bellarmine 21 SHC 14
  • Serra (8-0/5-0) @ Valley Christian (5-3/2-3)
    • Serra makes its way down to deep South San Jose to take on Valley Christian on its hilltop campus. The Padres make a huge statement in its dominating win vs the young and upstart Riordan Crusaders. Valley comes off a relatively competitive game vs St. Francis. Some may view this as a letdown game for Serra, but its coaching staff and seniors will see none of that. Serra in another rout. Serra 56 Valley Christian 0
    • Game of the week with determination of who can secure 2nd place and most likely the 2nd seed in the CCS/D1 playoffs. Riordan comes in banged up but motivated for the chance for a rare victory over the Lancers and secure 2nd place for at least a week. As stated in other posts, the Crusaders will need to be in a high scoring affair with the Lancers to have a shot at victory. The Lancers will be primed to go to its patented power I run game and the timely and effective passing game led by QB Knapp. SF has some monster LBs that could give the improving Crusader run game fits. Crusader QB Mitchell and their talented WRs will need to spread the field in order to give their speedy players space to make big gains. Riordan's DBs and OL/DL on both sides will need to establish themselves against the formidable Lancer lines. The Crusaders seemed out of sorts with some glaring lapses on special teams and pass coverage last week. That could be the key to a win or a loss. I'm going with the young Crusaders who want to prove the naysayers wrong. Riordan 35 St. Francis 31
Friday Nights brings the WCAL into their Matrix,…

It looks like a Certain program that boarders an Area Of Need in SF. Really should have taken the pill that keeps THEM from reality, because the one that Tells the Truth will have them facing their Last Game of the season with a Huge Goose Egg during League😱😱😎🏈✊🏿👏🏿👏🏿

#GoBellarmineBrothers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Friday Nights brings the WCAL into their Matrix,…

It looks like a Certain program that boarders an Area Of Need in SF. Really should have taken the pill that keeps THEM from reality, because the one that Tells the Truth will have them facing their Last Game of the season with a Huge Goose Egg during League😱😱😎🏈✊🏿👏🏿👏🏿

#GoBellarmineBrothers
Punching down on winless teams???? Yah! That'll show em! Hey where was last week's hype/highlight video vs Serra?

Your right. Low blow but it is Rrrrr.
Hey @rwccaptian42 , that On point & actually Top Cat caliber,… can’t text now 1/2 time,….”i‘ll be back”

Btw,…I pushed the wrong button & saw the Bellarmine brothers doin there thing;lmao

Tip Of the cap to the Lancers, I am truly surprised by this Defensive Game,….Crusaders hold this frustration and let it Go at Kezar and keep that school in that part Of town winless.

Remember it’s ALL about the capturing Of the #KingOfKezar; then on to the playoffs

#WinlessTeamsShouldBeAshamed

Incredible sequence at start of 2nd quarter: St. Francis stops Riordan 5 straight times inside the 5 yard line, 4 being at the 1 yard line. These two will see each other again likely in CCS semis.

If St. Francis had an Offense as good as their Defense. They would be a real threat challenging Serra for the North.
Congrats to Lancers for winning a hard fought game against a team they might see again in the CCS. However, using your defense as a reason you might have challenged the Padres is a truly bad take. SF has given up 65 points between the Serra and Riordan games. Serra has given up 61 points total in an eight game schedule that includes Folsom, DLS and Central Catholic. Serra's defense might be one of the best in NorCal history. SF is a long way from Serra this year, offensively challenged or not.

Reactions: SFcityfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT