ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Wraps Up Friday Night ! 11/3 Matchups

Incredible sequence at start of 2nd quarter: St. Francis stops Riordan 5 straight times inside the 5 yard line, 4 being at the 1 yard line. These two will see each other again likely in CCS semis.
It will be a Christian Brothers miracle IF SHC could accomplish something like that,…

SF cityfan, why you slamming your city brothers and rooting for a San Jose team? maybe change your moniker to WhackyRabbitFan
When U own the City during league, One enjoys (only) One of the city program’s demise a little more but the focus is still city domination (I.e. #KingsOfKezar)

As you know, I am old school and have a foundness to my brothers programs.(not when Riordan plays them)

At the end Of the day, be honest; “who would you want/enjoy to going winless”

Legacy or Winers;LMAO

Could that be a #’s??

Last edited:
That was a great game between 2 contending WCAL teams in St. Francis and Riordan last night. Not gonna lie,
but I was concerned how the Crusaders would bounce back after last week's trouncing at Serra. Riordan had 2 chances inside 7 minutes left in the game, but turnovers doomed their chances. What really stood out was when Riordan needed a stop after the first 4th qtr turnover, they stuffed the Lancer running game to get the ball back for one last shot. Riordan made a nice in-game adjustment moving Chris Lawson to cover the Lancer's Perrion Williams after he made some nice catches for long gains, but was lockdown from there. Injuries have taken a toll to the Riordan LBs but their play was improved and the injured Riordan linemen are returning (with the exception freshman DE David Lee) just in time for the postseason and it showed as the rotation improved their overall play last night. Riordan proved it could run against a strong defense. Charlie Johnson virtually matched Lancer stud RB Keanaaina. Turnovers, some head scratching calls (particularly the PI at then end of half) were the difference. Won't surprise me if Riordan get another shot at the Lancers in the playoffs.

Reactions: SFcityfan
That was a great game between 2 contending WCAL teams in St. Francis and Riordan last night. Not gonna lie,
but I was concerned how the Crusaders would bounce back after last week's trouncing at Serra. Riordan had 2 chances inside 7 minutes left in the game, but turnovers doomed their chances. What really stood out was when Riordan needed a stop after the first 4th qtr turnover, they stuffed the Lancer running game to get the ball back for one last shot. Riordan made a nice in-game adjustment moving Chris Lawson to cover the Lancer's Perrion Williams after he made some nice catches for long gains, but was lockdown from there. Injuries have taken a toll to the Riordan LBs but their play was improved and the injured Riordan linemen are returning (with the exception freshman DE David Lee) just in time for the postseason and it showed as the rotation improved their overall play last night. Riordan proved it could run against a strong defense. Charlie Johnson virtually matched Lancer stud RB Keanaaina. Turnovers, some head scratching calls (particularly the PI at then end of half) were the difference. Won't surprise me if Riordan get another shot at the Lancers in the playoffs.
I think you hit it right on point @ArmchairGOAT,..

As much as many thought the game of the WCAL was Riordan/Serra

The Game Of Titans occurred at St.Francis HS last night;Legacy vs. Up & Coming.

I really think Beside Next Week, the Play Off in CCS & NorCal; we are going to see some pretty good football

We have a whole season's worth of analysis now and the one thing on the offensive side of the ball that I'd like to see is Mitchell take more deep shots. So much of their RPO is just hitting his first read. Lawson and Jackson are more than capable of making a play over the top. I like my chances there. Versus Serra and St Francis, his INTs were on his 2nd read over the middle, and they scouted perfectly for that and Mitchell made the mistake throws.

We have a whole season's worth of analysis now and the one thing on the offensive side of the ball that I'd like to see is Mitchell take more deep shots. So much of their RPO is just hitting his first read. Lawson and Jackson are more than capable of making a play over the top. I like my chances there. Versus Serra and St Francis, his INTs were on his 2nd read over the middle, and they scouted perfectly for that and Mitchell made the mistake throws.
I wonder if this will be executed NEXT WEEK or if a poster IS searching to find(Columbo)flaws in a sophomore’s development, Two Years Into HS prep ball, to make a Passive/Aggressive post Relevent?

#EnquiringMindsWantToKnow
#Hmmm?
#ComeToPlaytheGame:NoExcuses
#BecarefulPlayersWantToPlay4 :Coach A-Rav(SF City’s CoachPrime)

View: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=XiwSN9FLN-4&si=G7h7WjTU4S85Sygd

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
The WCAL 2023 season comes to a close this Friday. The CCS qualifiers (with the exception of Serra) look to secure favorable seeding with a victory this Friday as the Open/D1 brackets will be announced this Sunday.

Friday Nov 3rd
  • St. Ignatius (6-3)/4-2) @ Serra (9-0/6-0).
    • Serra looks to complete its undefeated WCAL season for the 2nd year in a row. Improving SI looks to play spoiler and also bolster its placement in the CCS playoff brackets. The 'Cats had an impressive victory against Mitty last week. The Padres were in a game against Valley Christian but pulled away late for a 2 score victory. I see the Padres with a decisive victory on Senior night celebrating this once in a generation class of players. Serra 49 SI 0
  • Valley Christian (6-3/3-3) @ Mitty (5-3/2-4)
    • The Warriors come off a "good" loss against the Padres as it was a game until the 4th quarter. Mitty looks to bounce back after losing to SI in the City last week. Both teams looking to improve their placement in the CCS brackets. The Warriors pull out a close win against the Monarchs on the road. Valley Christian 21 Mitty 17
  • St. Francis (5-3/5-1) @ Bellarmine (2-7/1-5)
    • The Holy Bowl! The Lancers come into SJCC to take on the Bells on their Senior night coming off a hard fought victory over Riordan in Mountain View and look to clinch 2nd Place and presumed #2 seed in the CCS Open. Bellarmine taking aim at upsetting its longtime rivals after notching its first WCAL win against the Irish last week. Another defensive battle appears on the horizon. St. Francis 17 Bellarmine 10
  • Riordan (6-3/4-2) @ Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-9/0-6) @ Kezar (Stanfel Trophy Game)
    • The Crusaders smarting off a hard fought game against St. Francis last week looks to go into the playoffs with a victory over its longtime City Rivals in the Fightin' Irish. Riordan seeks to repossess the Stanfel Trophy after last year's decisive defeat. Both teams have young talent with SHC's passing game improving under soph transfer QB Sargent and its dynamic jr ATH Flanagan. Riordan appears to be getting healthy at most of their positions at the right time as well as adding much needed depth from its JVs who concluded their season at 7-2 last week. SHC wants to make a season-ending statement with a season first victory as it heads into the offseason. Riordan takes back the Stanfel Trophy. Riordan 42 SHC 14

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think you hit it right on point @ArmchairGOAT,..

As much as many thought the game of the WCAL was Riordan/Serra

The Game Of Titans occurred at St.Francis HS last night;Legacy vs. Up & Coming.

I really think Beside Next Week, the Play Off in CCS & NorCal; we are going to see some pretty good football
In reference to Up & Coming, we need to point out that Serra's JVs and Frosh teams have one league loss between them. The San Mateo program should be added to your Up & Coming roster. Further, the Serra varsity has several frosh now seeing snaps. Without question, the Padres lose a collection of stellar seniors, arguably the best group in school history, when the 2023 season is over. But the cupboard will not be bare. Far from it. They will be in the mix in 2024. .

Reactions: FBAddict
As much as sports enthusiast, consistently look forward to next year. There is SO much HS prep football to play,…

But to engage in forward thinking as Serra has a lot of seniors and winning players coming up. Riordan has very few Seniors and also a quite a few successful players coming up also from their own JV program.
I guess early board material, will either of these be enough to Maintain status quo or Upset the Apple cart⚜️🏈🙏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Last edited:
The WCAL 2023 season comes to a close this Friday. The CCS qualifiers (with the exception of Serra) look to secure favorable seeding with a victory this Friday as the Open/D1 brackets will be announced this Sunday.

Friday Nov 3rd
  • St. Ignatius (6-3)/4-2) @ Serra (9-0/6-0).
    • Serra looks to complete its undefeated WCAL season for the 2nd year in a row. Improving SI looks to play spoiler and also bolster its placement in the CCS playoff brackets. The 'Cats had an impressive victory against Mitty last week. The Padres were in a game against Valley Christian but pulled away late for a 2 score victory. I see the Padres with a decisive victory on Senior night celebrating this once in a generation class of players. Serra 49 SI 0
  • Valley Christian (6-3/3-3) @ Mitty (5-3/2-4)
    • The Warriors come off a "good" loss against the Padres as it was a game until the 4th quarter. Mitty looks to bounce back after losing to SI in the City last week. Both teams looking to improve their placement in the CCS brackets. The Warriors pull out a close win against the Monarchs on the road. Valley Christian 21 Mitty 17
  • St. Francis (5-3/5-1) @ Bellarmine (2-7/1-5)
    • The Holy Bowl! The Lancers come into SJCC to take on the Bells on their Senior night coming off a hard fought victory over Riordan in Mountain View and look to clinch 2nd Place and presumed #2 seed in the CCS Open. Bellarmine taking aim at upsetting its longtime rivals after notching its first WCAL win against the Irish last week. Another defensive battle appears on the horizon. St. Francis 17 Bellarmine 10
  • Riordan (6-3/4-2) @ Sacred Heart Cathedral (0-9/0-6) @ Kezar (Stanfel Trophy Game)
    • The Crusaders smarting off a hard fought game against St. Francis last week looks to go into the playoffs with a victory over its longtime City Rivals in the Fightin' Irish. Riordan seeks to repossess the Stanfel Trophy after last year's decisive defeat. Both teams have young talent with SHC's passing game improving under soph transfer QB Sargent and its dynamic jr ATH Flanagan. Riordan appears to be getting healthy at most of their positions at the right time as well as adding much needed depth from its JVs who concluded their season at 7-2 last week. SHC wants to make a season-ending statement with a season first victory as it heads into the offseason. Riordan takes back the Stanfel Trophy. Riordan 42 SHC 14
IN last week that WE saw a dramatic difference in game maturity and drive stopping defense, I do expect Riordan Offense On Par with predictions, but being a Rivalry Game and coaches wanting to “Right the Ship” for Playoffs.

I am wondering about a predicted double digit SHC score. Of course SHC has SO much pride on the line, but I wonder if IT can be Mustard!?!? ⚜️🏈👎🏿🍀🏈🏆👏🏿👏🏿

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT