ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0 Surprises

Biggest surprise was CVC beating Pitt.....I really thought Pitt was 2nd best team in norcal behind De la

I originally picked De la by 2 touchdowns but I must admit I started believing Cashking and I actually started believing maybe Folsom would stop De la. It was disappointing that Folsom's explosive offense got shutout.

Cashking there are no moral victories "No running clock" "bad calls" etc at the end of the day it's wins and losses.... it was a close game but Folsom lost again to the Spartans and in my opinion they should never be compared to DLS until they can play the competition DLS plays year in and year out or beat DLS head to head otherwise they are a very good team (Probably top 3 in norcal) but clearly behind the Spartans.

they should never be compared to DLS until they can play the competition DLS plays year in and year out or beat DLS head to head otherwise they are a very good team (Probably top 3 in norcal) but clearly behind the Spartans.
They can 100 percent be compared with them this year. That is for sure.

As for year in and year out- realistically, probably not. Folsom is a public school and will likely have wild fluctuations in talent, as DLS will not. Apples to oranges comparison.

Right now they are #2 in NorCal, and are pretty darn close to the #1. We will see how it plays out this year.

I get it but outside of Folsom fans I dont think that anyone thinks this year or next year or whenever that Folsom can beat DLS....If keeping the game close puts them in DLS's league maybe but when it comes to actually winning the game or playing similar competition as DLS plays year in year out....Thats where I give Pittsburg credit they schedule tough every year and I dare to say would probably have multiple rings if there werent staring DLS in the face every year .

Cash Im just curious to know your thoughts on this
If Folsom played St.Johns in DC,St.Thomas Aquinas,Bishop Gorman ,Allen in Texas more of a national.Schedule how do you feel they would stack up
(No shade I seriously want your opinion).

Last edited:
Thats where I give Pittsburg credit
I don't know if I would throw Pitt in anything. You can schedule as crazy as you want, but it makes no difference if you aren't that good and lose a game you should have won (CVC).

If Folsom played St.Johns in DC,St.Thomas Aquinas,Bishop Gorman ,Allen in Texas more of a national.Schedule how do you feel they would stack up
Depends. Are we comparing community public schools to the private powerhouses that operate under different rules? Allow transfers? etc..... Because if we are, we have to take everything into account, and I don't think we have an apples to oranges comparison.

But to somewhat answer your question- I would put Folsom up with just about any public school in the country. Prove me wrong.

I don't think we would compare El Cerrito with any of those teams would we?

I get it but outside of Folsom fans I dont think that anyone thinks this year or next year or whenever that Folsom can beat DLS....If keeping the game close puts them in DLS's league maybe but when it comes to actually winning the game or playing similar competition as DLS plays year in year out....Thats where I give Pittsburg credit they schedule tough every year and I dare to say would probably have multiple rings if there werent staring DLS in the face every year .

Cash Im just curious to know your thoughts on this
(No shade I seriously want your opinion).

I’ll answer that for him they wouldn’t dare schedule like that they had a chance this year but declined Boscos offer. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain playing dls. They knew what Bosco had on its roster and wanted no parts of them. Think about it they said no to Bosco and schedule chaminade. If your nor cals 2nd best program for the past 8 years why play a team like chaminade when so cals 2nd best team openly called you out. How long will folsom dodge playing the trinity league? Or atleast schedule st Mary’s if Stockton

I’ll answer that for him they wouldn’t dare schedule like that they had a chance this year but declined Boscos offer.
Look at I get you don't like Folsom. I get it but stop trolling. Its getting old. Nobody declined anyone. The Folsom DLS game negotiations were going on long before Bosco gave some twitter call out. You have no clue. Give it a rest.

How long will folsom dodge playing the trinity league? Or atleast schedule st Mary’s if Stockton
The Trinity League? Full of private transfer schools that play by a completely different set of rules than the NorCal schools? Sounds appealing. If NorCal would allow our schools to stack transfer kids in programs like Folsom, DLS, or St Mary's, than ya. Sure. But that's a whole other can of worms. But saying you're scared to compete with those teams is disingenuous at best. Give it a rest.

Lastly- I find it ironic that the same posters want to call out Folsom for "not playing anyone" or "not playing Trinity League schools" are the same people crying about kids moving from out of the area to attend Folsom. Keep or mind these aren't even transfers! This is legal! And the same group of posters constant cry about it yet say "well you still cant beat these teams full of transfer kids in Socal! Oh, and you cant get transfers either!"

Why would they schedule St Mary's in a non league game? They've played each other the last 4 years or so in the SJS playoffs. At least know your stuff man, cmon!

Cmon man. Ridiculous. Give it a rest and move on. I'd be more focused on Grant not getting pounded in Del Paso Heights in the near future by all the athletes Folsom has!

Last edited:
Look at I get you don't like Folsom. I get it but stop trolling. Its getting old. Nobody declined anyone. The Folsom DLS game negotiations were going on long before Bosco gave some twitter call out. You have no clue. Give it a rest.

The Trinity League? Full of private transfer schools that play by a completely different set of rules than the NorCal schools? Sounds appealing. If NorCal would allow our schools to stack transfer kids in programs like Folsom, DLS, or St Mary's, than ya. Sure. But that's a whole other can of worms. But saying you're scared to compete with those teams is disingenuous at best. Give it a rest.

Lastly- I find it ironic that the same posters want to call out Folsom for "not playing anyone" or "not playing Trinity League schools" are the same people crying about kids moving from out of the area to attend Folsom. Keep or mind these aren't even transfers! This is legal! And the same group of posters constant cry about it yet say "well you still cant beat these teams full of transfer kids in Socal! Oh, and you cant get transfers either!"

Why would they schedule St Mary's in a non league game? They've played each other the last 4 years or so in the SJS playoffs. At least know your stuff man, cmon!

Cmon man. Ridiculous. Give it a rest and move on. I'd be more focused on Grant not getting pounded in Del Paso Heights in the near future by all the athletes Folsom has!

Privates with transfers and public’s with added athletes on the field it’s the same thing you thing. You say why schedule st Mary’s why schedule Jesuit? You’ll see em in the play offs right

Match ups make fights and watching how much folsom struggled to beat sac after losing by tds to sac high that cant even get past d3 teams shows me how much folsom has a problem with athletic teams. Stay humble coach you remember what happened last time you played in Del paso heights

Privates with transfers and public’s with added athletes on the field it’s the same thing you thing
Not even close. I dont think you are educated about this SoCal transfer teams. If you want info just ask DLS. They are well aware.

This is the last time I will even address Grant. Reading through one of the national forums, most of the posters were unaware who Grant even was. They haven't been relevant in almost a decade and will likely finish middle of the pack in their league.

Sac High is even worse to mention. They lost to Rancho Cotate who would likely be beaten by Folsom by 70 points. They got a lucky win 3 years ago and haven't beat anyone since. Terrible.

Go Bulldogs!

Not even close. I dont think you are educated about this SoCal transfer teams. If you want info just ask DLS. They are well aware.

This is the last time I will even address Grant. Reading through one of the national forums, most of the posters were unaware who Grant even was. They haven't been relevant in almost a decade and will likely finish middle of the pack in their league.

Sac High is even worse to mention. They lost to Rancho Cotate who would likely be beaten by Folsom by 70 points. They got a lucky win 3 years ago and haven't beat anyone since. Terrible.

Go Bulldogs!

Gotta score 1 before you get to 70 sir. Y’all played sac high last year and struggled to even put up points called time outs just to try to score at the end to widen the margin or else it would’ve been a 2 point win. You’re right about grant we haven’t been nationally relevant since we put Folsom on the map even tho we won a title in 2014 you know how that season ended. I still believe we should’ve played in that d2 regional game. Coach just admit it you’re very worried about the 4-6 pacers lol...28-14 grant BOOK IT

I don't know if I would throw Pitt in anything. You can schedule as crazy as you want, but it makes no difference if you aren't that good and lose a game you should have won (CVC).

Depends. Are we comparing community public schools to the private powerhouses that operate under different rules? Allow transfers? etc..... Because if we are, we have to take everything into account, and I don't think we have an apples to oranges comparison.

But to somewhat answer your question- I would put Folsom up with just about any public school in the country. Prove me wrong.

I don't think we would compare El Cerrito with any of those teams would we?

I am a El Cerrito supporter but No I would not put El Cerrito in the mix...Not even close........My point is when you're claiming a team is great and in the same class as DLS what metrics are you using? I wasn't trying to prove you right or wrong but since you brought it up, you can't make that statement unless you played some of the top public schools in the country and actually won ,having 16-0 record against average to good competition over the years doesn't really prove your close to De La. and I agree Folsom is top 3 in Norcal(2nd maybe 3rd with Pitt in my opinion) but my argument is that I dont think they are as close to DLS as you might think. When they have played 3 times they lost all 3 times 2 games weren't even close and their supposed all world offense got shut out last game. I give Pitt props because they hunt top competition year in and year out they don't wait until they have a stacked team to schedule up and yes they've won and lost but they don't shy away from top competition.

Again be clear on my point , I take nothing away from Folsom they are great but in my opinion DO NOT compare to De La . If they can beat them then maybe, If they can play similar comp like Bishop Gorman, Bosco,Mater dei,Trinity,St. John etc or other national teams and compete and win, maybe but not right now.

Maybe next year they play DLS again maybe they shock the world next season and knock off DLS?

My point is when you're claiming a team is great and in the same class as DLS
Did you watch the game?

Anyone who watched that game live and says that Folsom is not right with DLS this year is either lying to you or is straight up nuts.

They lost the game no doubt. But they proved their place at least for now. And we will see how it plays out. Long way to go. Either team could step up or down.

The Trinity League comparisons are a mute point. Apples to oranges. When NorCal allows for the flood gates to open and transfers to flow freely, then sure we can compare. NorCal has the athletes to beat those teams regularly. But our talent is spread fairly evenly throughout the region. SoCal has all the talent centered on a handful of teams if that. Big difference. Can you imagine all the best players in NorCal ALL playing for Folsom, DLS, and Pitt? We'd be whoopin SoCals best regularly.

Did you watch the game?

Anyone who watched that game live and says that Folsom is not right with DLS this year is either lying to you or is straight up nuts.

They lost the game no doubt. But they proved their place at least for now. And we will see how it plays out. Long way to go. Either team could step up or down.

The Trinity League comparisons are a mute point. Apples to oranges. When NorCal allows for the flood gates to open and transfers to flow freely, then sure we can compare. NorCal has the athletes to beat those teams regularly. But our talent is spread fairly evenly throughout the region. SoCal has all the talent centered on a handful of teams if that. Big difference. Can you imagine all the best players in NorCal ALL playing for Folsom, DLS, and Pitt? We'd be whoopin SoCals best regularly.

I did watch the game and it was close and I must admit closer than I thought it would be and if your're saying Folsom is close to DLS "This Year" I guess I could agree with you but overall body of work Folsom is not close (In my opinion).Remember most years DLS don't have the best individual players but rather the best team......... I would love to see norcals best players verse socal best I think the north would whoop socals best.

Not sure what this supposed Socal advantage is, all schools play under CIF rules. It's no different for North or South.

I did explain it. There is no special rules all schools play under CIF rules it's not complex my friend.

Not sure what this supposed Socal advantage is, all schools play under CIF rules. It's no different for North or South.
Well I'm not going political but like politics money is a big factor. The southern privates have a money edge. MD took the CIF to court to get their way on transfers. You see it in public schools too. As people got more comfortable financially the moved to the suburbs. Look at the facilities at schools Folsom and Del Oro. Even in my beloved Oakdale has such support financially for it's programs. Oakdale has successful teams in many sports. And check out their soccer,baseball,softball field. Top notch facilities. All very successful program. And they recently added a aquatic center( you know swimming pool). Now look how successful the aquatic teams are doing. They say money can't buy happiness. But it sure can make you comfortable!

Reactions: cashisking18
Well I'm not going political but like politics money is a big factor. The southern privates have a money edge. MD took the CIF to court to get their way on transfers. You see it in public schools too. As people got more comfortable financially the moved to the suburbs. Look at the facilities at schools Folsom and Del Oro. Even in my beloved Oakdale has such support financially for it's programs. Oakdale has successful teams in many sports. And check out their soccer,baseball,softball field. Top notch facilities. All very successful program. And they recently added a aquatic center( you know swimming pool). Now look how successful the aquatic teams are doing. They say money can't buy happiness. But it sure can make you comfortable!
Again rules for the south are same as they are for the north. If not please state CIF rule that's different. If there isn't it's just excuse making.

Considering the person above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ just joined today and came on to back up SoCal, it is most likely another SoCal troll. I would advise everyone to put on ignore like I have.

And by the way- SoCal allows transfers. NorCal does not. SoCal football has made CA football an overall mockery in my opinion, and the opinion of many people outside CA.

In NorCal, we have legit teams, playing by the rules, with amazing traditions, winning the right way.

I hope the poster above continues to troll. They will reveal themselves soon. Ignore it is!

Here is a perfect breakdown on the changes. Allows for athletically motivated transfers. Done deal. Don't let any trolls peddle any garbage. They are playing by different rules.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highs...sp-high-schools-transfers-20180111-story.html

Article is quoted below.

"All-star teams are being assembled. Players are joining former teammates from their club-team days. Private schools are getting athletes who don't live anywhere near their campuses because there are no attendance boundaries.

High school students are transferring for sports reasons — I know, shocking! — and we know that for sure because the lid is off. California Interscholastic Federation schools voted last year to get rid of the rule against athletically motivated transfers. Students can now openly declare they are switching schools for athletic reasons. What's been going on for years has been made transparent.

Santa Ana Mater Dei is front and center in the movement of athletes. The school has become the IMG Academy of the West Coast. The Monarchs might as well start academies for football, basketball and other sports for all the transfers. When 2017 ended, the Monarchs had 54 students listed on the Southern Section website as having transferred to the school for the 2017-18 sports seasons.

And now the 15-0 football team that recently claimed a national championship has picked up sophomore quarterback Bryce Young from Los Angeles Cathedral, one of the best players around at his position. Young joins Sean Dollars, a standout defensive back and running back, and Jeremiah Criddell, a star defensive back and receiver, who have said they are leaving Rancho Cucamonga to play their senior seasons at Mater Dei.

Young announced via Twitter, "After much thought and prayer, I have decided to seize the opportunity to compete at the highest level and to set myself up for the next level."

Dollars told the Daily Bulletin that he and Young play on the same seven-on-seven team. "I want to play on the biggest stage possible," he said. "Everyone wants to win a national title and [at Mater Dei] you have the chance to do that."

The CIF has waved the white flag of surrender when it comes to transfers. Its only deterrent is a sit-out period of about a month for those who switch schools without moving. The CIF retreat was sold to member schools as a way to reduce the growing legal costs associated with challenges to its transfer policies. And guess which school was involved in a key lawsuit that eventually led to CIF changes? Yes, Mater Dei.

In 2010, Mater Dei sued the Southern Section after two transfer students were declared ineligible. In 2012, the sides settled after the CIF had spent more than $100,000 trying to defend its rules.

Eric Sondheimer's predictions for 2018 in high school sports

Dec 29, 2017 | 5:30 AM

Mater Dei is not the only school taking advantage of athletic transfers. Chatsworth Sierra Canyon has a starting five of transfers in basketball. Lots of public schools with strong sports programs are gaining their share of transfers. Statewide, there could be as many as 17,000 students switching schools for the 2017-18 sports seasons.

The CIF Southern Section has reacted to the situation by adjusting playoff designations. The schools that are bringing in top transfers get placed into the highest-level divisions. In football, that's Division 1. For basketball, it's the Open Division. The rest of the schools compete for championships on a more level playing field.

All the shifting of allegiances may be affecting attendance in a negative way. Southern Section playoff attendance has declined. Fans may not be as loyal to a team whose star athletes show up for a few months, then vanish.

The situation won't change unless there is a revolt among member schools that results in stronger limits on transfers. There was once a one-year loss of eligibility for changing schools without moving.

At least two public school districts, Long Beach and Hart High Unified, have more restrictive sports transfer policies than the CIF. So far, they're holding their ground even though some coaches complain. And there are still a few private schools that prioritize academics and avoid the sports transfer game.

"We want to have the best coaches possible and we're trying to attract students who want to be here and get the best education possible," said Terry Barnum, the head of athletics at Studio City Harvard-Westlake who is also a member of the Southern Section Executive Committee. "We're not going to compromise who we are as a school in order to win games."

There is one positive in this transfer game. There's no longer a need to whisper in the bleachers or cover up what schools, parents and athletes have been doing for years.

Everyone can now shout, tweet and brag that they're switching schools for sports reasons."

Last edited:
@cashking18 ~ I'm not reading your rant. I'm well versed in the rule change CIF made and it applies to both Northern and Southern Ca. In other words it's equal no advantage for the south. The south advantage comes from numbers in terms of population. They also have better coaching, more money, more competitive youth programs, etc, which are products of more people. To counter all that player movement they put all their best teams in 1 playoff bracket regardless of size, thus sending many top teams home and not to state bowl games. That tends to level the playing field at state bowl games but crowns some questionable teams champions. But reality is rules are same for both north and south.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT