ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Scoreboard

Folsom defense not very good stopping the dive after MT scores a TD. Bulldogs don't look very stout on the lines. Will have tough matchup against DLS
Yeah they aren’t beating anybody top 10 in state with a line like this. Offensively they are legit.

Downey QB hits #18 for 18yd TD, while Trojan DB swipes and misses. Lincoln-Stockton 27 Downey-Modesto 24 with 17 sec left in the half.

Onside kick kicked OOB. Trojans take over on their 40. Lincoln penalty pushes them back to their 25.

WOW! Lincoln QB throws a deep pass and has the ball on Downey’s 16 with 2 sec left on the clock.

QB sack but penalty flag thrown and tempers flare. Offsetting penalties. First half comes to an end.

Halftime: Lincoln-Stockton 27 Downey-Modesto 24

MT continues grinding it on the ground…. first down in two plays, on their own 32.

Hmm, more like 2nd and 15. now 3rd and long…. Halfback flea-flicker pass… complete!! 1st down on the Folsom 30.

make that the 22…. Short pass gets almost nothing…. BUT…. Flag down. roughing the passer. 1st and 10 on the 11.

OR 55-0 over Consumes oaks.

if I’m in bulldog nation I’m really worried about my defensive line. I wasn’t expecting this.
MT Scores again.
21-12. I would go for 2. They can’t stop the run.

Measuring for the first down…. First down! About a foot from the goal line…

Downey receives to start the 2nd half and drive to their own 40 before fumbling the ball. Lincoln recovers. Trojan offense struggling, facing 4th and long, and punting. Downey takes over on their 8.

Folsom QB gets time and his feet set and he’s very good.
next week Serra will make him have to run some.

Downey moving the ball, past midfield with 8:39 left in the 3rd. 1st and 10 on Trojan 35. Short pass with lots of juking the Trojan D takes them to the 22. Official timeout with Downey player down.

3rd and 5 on the 17. Screen pass to #20 for 17yd TD. Downey takes the lead (31-27) with 6:42 left in the 3rd.

Starting to doubt my picking Lincoln-Stockton in my pick’em this week. Trojans just not as good as I thought they were. But, it’s not over! Still lots of football left in this game.

Deep 40yd TD pass by Lincoln called back after penalty. It will be 2nd and 32 for Lincoln on their 47. QB keeper only good for 9 yards. It will be 3rd and 23 for the Trojans.

Pass is knocked down (Downey calling for fumble) INCOMPLETE! Punting time!

Downey’s D has really stepped up in the 2nd half. They take over on their 26 with 4:16 left in the 3rd up 31-27.

Late hit on the QB keeper as he was clearly OOB puts the ball on the Trojan 10, 1st down and goal.

Illegal procedure puts Downey back 5 yards. Screen pass gets Downey to the 7. After incomplete pass, it’s 3rd and 7. Pass only good for 1 yard. 4th and 6. Downey going for the FG. It’s good!

Downey 34 Lincoln 27 with 1:54 left in the 3rd. Still lots of time for more points. Pretty good game for their (both teams) first game of the season. Let’s see if Downey’s D can maintain pressure. Or will the Trojans turn the momentum back in their favor?

Lincoln struggling, facing 4th down again. This time it’s 4th and 7 from the 50. Going for it! Tough YAC by the Trojan WR to get the 1st down. 3rd quarter complete.

Downey 34 Lincoln 27. We got a ballgame!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT