ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Scoreboard

4th quarter in Stockton starts with a facemask penalty against Downey after having the Trojan RB stopped for a loss. Momentum is shifting? Lincoln with the 1st down on the Downey 22. No gain on the run by the RB. QB scrambles and gains 2 yards. 3rd and 8. Short pass good for 7. 4th and 1. QB runs to get the first down by fumbling it out of bounds. 1st and 7. Lincoln runs it in for TD and sneaks in a 2pt conversion scrambling in the backfield and running it in to the side.

Lincoln back on top, 35-34, with 9:04 left in the game.

3 and out for MT, and an MT flag…. This one looks to be over. Folsom ball on the MT 42…. and I am out.. need some sleep before the early run to Modesto for hoops tomorrow….

Downey from their 37 throws a big one over the middle for 1st down on Lincoln’s 31. Oh oh! Penalty … offsides defense and refs are claiming the whistle was blown. Wow! Then the refs cheated Downey by putting the ball 10 yards back from original LOS (37 yard line) and giving 5 yards for the penalty with Downey having the ball 1st and 5 on their 32. What a crock! Downey answers with a pass for first down and moving the ball. It’s now 1st and 10 on the 26. QB keeper for 1st and goal on the 10.

Reactions: carlmerritt
Downey QB goes down sliding on the 21. 2nd and 21 throw gets them back to the 9. 3rd down run for 9 yards for the TD. Going for 2. Screen pass is good for 2.

Downey back on top 42-35 with 5:24 left in the game.

Reactions: FBAddict
A running clock in favor of the Pacers over McQueen of Reno who was 10-2 last year. I left with a couple of minutes to go 36-0. My takeaways, way to early to be excited but I was impressed with the coaching tonight. No huddle play calling on O. And a better mix of coverage on D. The Qb made some really good throws and the play calling was not as predictable. Pleasantly surprised.

Long season so way to early to tell buy it was nice to see some good energy back in heights on a lovely Friday nite under the lights at the Alberghini football stadium.

Jjjjuu
A running clock in favor of the Pacers over McQueen of Reno who was 10-2 last year. I left with a couple of minutes to go 36-0. My takeaways, way to early to be excited but I was impressed with the coaching tonight. No huddle play calling on O. And a better mix of coverage on D. The Qb made some really good throws and the play calling was not as predictable. Pleasantly surprised.

Long season so way to early to tell buy it was nice to see some good energy back in heights on a lovely Friday nite under the lights at the Alberghini football stadium.
great to hear.

Reactions: coachlittle
Lincoln, backed up and escaping an intentional grounding penalty (flag picked up), QB in trouble again and throws deep (50 yards) but it’s picked off with tight coverage by the safety. Downey takes over and the clock is ticking. It’s 4th and 13 on their 29 with 2:06 left in the game. Timeout Lincoln.

OR 55-0 over Consumes oaks.

if I’m in bulldog nation I’m really worried about my defensive line. I wasn’t expecting this.
MT Scores again.
21-12. I would go for 2. They can’t stop the run.
Folsom line is down this year from what I’ve heard.

Downey punts and Lincoln muffs it. Downey recovers on the Lincoln 47. Less than 2 min left.

Penalty puts the ball on the Trojan 27. 1st down and clock is ticking. Lincoln calls timeout after Downey moves the ball 4 yards. 1:15 left and Lincoln has one timeout left. 2nd and 6 on the 23. Another run for a couple of yards. Timeout Lincoln (last one) with 1:08 left in the game, 3rd and 4.

4th down and 2 … clock is ticking. They are going for it. 1st down. Game over!

FINAL: Downey-Modesto 42 Lincoln-Stockton 35

that is good news

No clue. They lost a ton from last year. But my guess is last years record. Why is Oak Ridge ranked so low? Same reason. I mean the clown joe Davidson has them at like 17 in sac area. I could see rocklin being the 4th best SFL team this year.
Similarly, last year's record is why Turlock is ranked so low. They had health and Covid problems and their brutal pre-conference schedule didn't help. They lost two conference games, their only conference losses since 2015. This game was a defensive battle on both sides, with penalties factoring into drives. Turlock had several key 4th down stops on Rocklin drives, and were able to capitalize on a late second quarter interception to go up by two touchdowns at the half. Rocklin came out in the second half and marched down the field for a score, but that was it. It could actually have been 21-7 as JT Foreman ran the ball down to the one and almost stretched over for the score with a minute left but they took a knee for the last two plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT