ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Scoreboard

St. Mary's leads Clovis West 24-14 at the half. Rams get the ball to start Q3

Downey leads Lincoln Stockton 36-19. Jordin Thomas has three touchdowns for Lincoln

Folsom up 35-0 at half. Their team speed is impressive. MT is playing hard but theyre very overmatched.

St. Mary's goes up 31-14 midway through Q3. Moore scores on a 15 yard run.

Does it say more for Rocklin or Turlock? Or a little of both?
A little of both. Turlock offense was completely stifled by Rocklin, especially in the running game. The Rocklin line on both sides was outstanding. Turlock quarterback was running for his life on almost every pass play. In the second half in particular Rocklin was playing a 3 man front and putting 8 back in coverage and Turlock still could not run. Rocklin took their foot off the gas in the second half. They looked pretty good to me, but then every other team in their league is good, great really. Turlock gets Folsom at home, that should be interesting in a bad way for Turlock. I still do not totally agree with the coach's philosophy of scheduling tough teams for the preseason. It's ok to schedule a few to get toughened up for league but at least have a couple that are reasonably winnable. Unless the offense really gets untracked they will have a tough time winning any of them (Clovis West, Central Fresno, Folsom, Clayton Valley).

Kaiden Bennett wasn’t THAT long ago.
I’m thinking more like graves. Bennett was good with his feet and I tend to forget about him because I think he was so overrated in terms of system and talent around him at Folsom. Not sure he’s ever taken a college snap.
Lyons is just in a different league.

Oak Ridge ended up beating Spanish Springs 54-14 before a crowded home opening crowd. Hard to come away with “how good” this team is considering Spanish Springs would be a fairly weak team in the Sacramento area.
Oak Ridge is big and physical as we know. Their size is impressive. Jadon Anderson (WR), Jason Womack (Ath),
And kaleb Edwards (TE) give them a lot of options thru the air. Edwards is a huge mismatch that OR will try to exploit. The ground Game looked solid with Orme , Womack,and Quan running behind a huge line. First year caller Mercado at QB has a lot of work to do but if
He can find his targets and limit mistakes he will be ok. He doesn’t have to be Johnny Football.
OR front 7 is their real strength on D. Molloy, Hoffman , Dasman, and Edwards are all college recruits who are going to make it tough for people to score.

Grant next week! Any updates on transfers from grant? Are they eligible?

Oak Ridge ended up beating Spanish Springs 54-14 before a crowded home opening crowd. Hard to come away with “how good” this team is considering Spanish Springs would be a fairly weak team in the Sacramento area.
Oak Ridge is big and physical as we know. Their size is impressive. Jadon Anderson (WR), Jason Womack (Ath),
And kaleb Edwards (TE) give them a lot of options thru the air. Edwards is a huge mismatch that OR will try to exploit. The ground Game looked solid with Orme , Womack,and Quan running behind a huge line. First year caller Mercado at QB has a lot of work to do but if
He can find his targets and limit mistakes he will be ok. He doesn’t have to be Johnny Football.
OR front 7 is their real strength on D. Molloy, Hoffman , Dasman, and Edwards are all college recruits who are going to make it tough for people to score.

Grant next week! Any updates on transfers from grant? Are they eligible?
I know Parker played last night for Grant. Not sure on Green

I know Parker played last night for Grant. Not sure on Green
Thx streak. Should be a great game regardless
Hoffman is out 3 games for OR due to fight vs Sheldon. Tough penalty but given all other crap OR is on a short lease.

Thx streak. Should be a great game regardless
Hoffman is out 3 games for OR due to fight vs Sheldon. Tough penalty but given all other crap OR is on a short lease.
Tough blow for them. I saw Joe Davidson post something about the 3 game rule for ejection in a game or scrimmage. Is that new this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT