ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Game Notes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
De La Salle beat Folsom 42-27: De La Salle scored on seven of its eight drives and never trailed in beating Folsom on the road. Dorian Hale had four rushing touchdowns.

Serra beat St. Mary's 56-28: Another week and another offensive explosion for Serra. The Padres led 28-21 at the half. Nate Sanchez had four touchdowns.

McClymonds beat Campolindo 41-21: After trailing 21-13 at halftime, McClymonds scored the final 28 points to move to 3-0. Gary Alexander Jr. had three rushing touchdowns.

Liberty 24, Monte Vista 21: Darrion Bartley rushed for 199 yards for the Lions, which won its third straight game by five points or less. Monte Vista's game typing field goal attempt bounced off the crossbar, according to the East Bay Times.

Escalon beat Downey 49-20: Escalon led 28-6 and eventually put Downey into a running clock in a big win for the Trans Valley League.

Palma beat Oakdale 28-14: The Chieftains posted an impressive road win in an intersectional game featuring two of the better backs in the region.

Justin-Siena beat Riordan 43-31: Riordan led 31-28 with three minutes left before a kickoff return and a defensive touchdown by the Braves.

Clovis beat Salinas 52-28: Carl Richardson threw for more than 300 yards, but Salinas lost to Clovis for the second straight year.

Chico beat Yuba City 30-28: Chico got out to a 27-7 lead and held on to beat the Honkers. It is Yuba City's second loss to an Eastern Athletic League team.

Salesian beat Piedmont 55-21: Salesian led 42-7 in picking up its second straight win. The 55 points in a season high for the Pride.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
Not much chatter about this one but pretty surprising to hear Monterey Trail loses by 1 to Consumnes Oaks. Many folks had MT right behind Folsom as top D1 team in section. Big W for CO.

I saw that one and it was really surprising to me too. I think MT had an 11 point lead going into Q4

Yeah Sometimes those local games are tough to call. Bragging rights around town. I’m sure MT will be a force come playoffs. Just need to regroup.

I was at the MT-CO it game. Overall, CO had plenty of athleticism to contend with MT's outside speed and they loaded the box to slow the inside run. But even so, it was an very uncharacteristic performance for Monterey Trail. They were flat in the first half, but still went into the break with a 21-17 lead. They came out in textbook fashion by driving for a TD, then forcing a turnover and scoring quickly to make it 35-17. This is where MT usually goes into ball control mode and runs out the clock. Seriously, at that point, had they simply taken a knee each time they had the ball and bled the clock, they were in control.

Instead, they started fumbling. One was returned for a TD. Not all fumbles were turnovers, but they were drive killers. Center-QB exchanges, totally unforced. The kind that turn a 2nd and 6 into a 3rd and 10. Just VERY unusual for MT. There were more unforced fumbles in the game than there were in any five games combined last year.

CO did a good job of just constantly going for the big play. They hit a bomb for a TD and then set up the game winner with another bomb down to the 10 yard line. They weren't putting together consistent drives, just swinging for the fences. MT gave them far too many swings in the 4th Q.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT