ADVERTISEMENT

WEEKEND WRAP UP---GAME OF THE WEEK AND PICKS

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The game of the week between Granada and Amador Valley went as did the pick, but this was for first place which the 35-23 win by Granada over Amador Valley anchored the top spot....Granada earned the game of the week by beating Manteca 38-14 earlier and give California all .they could handle and almost won 24-21 win by the Grizzlies. Monte Vista is next for Granada who lost to DLS 55-0 who also lost to Bishop O'Dowd 17-16 in the final minutes. Note in the line score that Granada was in control of the game all the way.....Unless Granada gets ambushed, they should capture the crown..
The line Score
Granada...…………..00.....14.....07.....14.....35
Amador Valley.....03.....06.....00.....14.....23

BIG UP SET OF THE WEEK
Livermore dumps Dublin 21-14

BIG GAMES
Liberty 7-0 at Antioch 6-1.....The Pick.....Liberty 49 Antioch 20....what happened.....Liberty 52 Antioch 0.
This wasn't expected, but the Lion defense rose and put the brakes to the Panthers. This also scratches Antioch for a piece of the crown.
Freedom 5-2 at Pittsburg 5-2.....The Pick.....Pittsburg 41 Freedom 27.....what happened....
Pittsburg 54 Freedom 20...the pirates were just too much for freedom's defense...Now this sets up the visit by Liberty at Pittsburg this coming Friday night.
The Line Score
Pittsburg.....21.....13.....13.....07.....54
Freedom ….00......07.....00.....13.....20.
Santa Rosa 5-2 at Montgomery 5-2.....The pick.....Santa Rosa 27 Montgomery 20.....What happened...Montgomery 38 Santa Rosa 30...the pick backfired in a wild game...the winner gets first place in the Red Wood league
The Line Score
Montgomery.....03.....07.....21.....07.....38
Santa Rosa...…..00.....06.....08.....16.....30
Bishop O'Dowd 3-2 at San Leandro 2-4.....the Pick.....Bishop O'Dowd 32 San Leandro 26....What happened.......Bishop O'Dowd 25 San Leandro 22....This puts Bishop O'Dowd in a first place tie with Encinal who also won in the West alameda foothill League. The Pirates made an all effort town the game in the last quarter, but came up short.
The Line Score
Bishop O'Dowd.....17.....00.....08.....00.....25
San Leandro...……..06....00.....00.....16.....22
Cloverdale 5-1 at Kelseyville 5-1....the Pick.....Kelseyville 33 Cloverdale 19.....what happened.....Kelseyville 20 Cloverdale 15....this was also a battle for first place in the North central league and Kelseyville had their hands full.
Piedmont 4-2 at Encinal 5-1.....The Pick..... Encinal 27 Piedmont 26....What Happened.....
Encinal 40 Piedmont 6....the Jets gave the Highlanders a what for and got a piece of the first place in the West alameda foothill league..

GAMES OF INTEREST
Monte Vista 5-1 at DLS 6-0.....the Pick...DLS 45 Monte vista 7.....What happened DLS 55 Monte Vista 0
The Mustangs were no match for the Green Machine..
Cardinal Newman 5-1 at Ukiah 5-1.....The Pick....CN 35 Ukiah 14.....what happened CN 45 Ukiah 14,
The Cardinals march on for the league Crown...
El Cerrito 3-3 at Kennedy of Richmond 6-0.....The Pick....El Cerrito 32 Kennedy 25....What Happened
El Cerrito 28 Kennedy 6...this was a three way tie for first place in the Tri-county league, but now its down to El Cerrito and Salesian. a big win for the gaucho's, this one and the 33-30 win over Acalanes.
Vintage 4-2 at American Canyon 3-4.....The Pick.....vintage 34 American canyon 20...What happened
Vintage 27 American Canyon 14....the winner holds first place in the Vine league..Vintage had a big win earlier when they knocked off Bellarmine 26-14...American Canyon took as beating during the preseason, but went 3-0 in league play until last Friday night...

BVAL
Liberty 7-0 at Antioch 6-1.....the Pick.....Liberty 49 Antioch20.....what happened Liberty 52 Antioch 0
Deer Valley 3-4 at heritage1-6.....the Pick.....Deer Valley 28 Heritage 19.....What happened
Deer Valley 50 Heritage 8...ouch
Freedom 5-2 at Pittsburg 5-2.....the Pick...Pittsburg 41 Freedom 27.....What happened
Pittsburg 54 Freedom 20...Freedom never had a chance..look at the line score
Line score
Pittsburg.....21.....13.....13.....07.....54
Freedom.....00.....07.....00.....13.....20

DIABLO----FOOTHILL
Northgate 1-5 at Acalanes 2-4.....The Pick.....Acalanes 48 Northgate 14....what happened
Acalanes 48 Northgate 0...the Bronco's are having a rough year
Miramonte 5-1 at Alhambra 2-3.....The PIck….Miramonte 37 Alhambra 20.....What happened
Miramonte 41 Alhambra 9...Bulldogs took a pounding at home
Campolindo 5-1 at CVC 5-1.....The Pick.....CVC 48 Campolindo 27.....What Happened
CVC 35 Campolindo 7....the cougars gave CVC a game in the first half but CVC reorganized and came roaring back...
The Line Score
CVC...……...…….00.....07.....14.....14.....35
Campolndo…..00....07.....00.....00......07
Up toFriday night, te league was in a three way tie for first place, but wit the Cogar loss, its down to CVC and Miramonte and this will be decided this coming Friday night.

DIABLO VALLEY
Benicia 4-2 AT College Park 3-4......The Pick.....Benicia 27 College Park 14....what Happened
Benicia 48 College Park 0....the falcons are still wondering what happened as the panthers ran all over them..The week before CP blasted Ygnacio Valley 49-0...whats upwith CP..

Berean Christian 1-3 at Las Lomas 7-0.....the Lick.....Las Lomas 56 BV 7....what happened
Las Lomas 49 BC 13...With the small squad that BC has, they can put up a battle
Concord 2-5 at Ygnacio Valley 2-3.....The Pick.....Concord 33 Ygnacio Valley 20....What happened
Concord 28 Ygnacio Valley 12...the Warriors haven't recovered from the 49-0 beating they took from College Park

EAST BAY----MOUNTAIN
Monte Vista 5-1 at DLS 6-0.....the Pick.....DLS 45 Monte Vista 7....What happened.....DLS 55 Monte Vista 0
San Ramon Valley 4-2 at Dougherty Valley 4-2.....the Pick.....SRV 44 DV 13.....What happened
San Ramon Valley 44 Dougherty Valley 21...Slowly but surely Dougherty Valley is becoming a team to keep an eye on..
California 4-2 at Foothill 2-4.....the Pick.....California 39 foothill 20.....what happened
California 14 Foothill 3.....This game turned in to a real battle as it wasn't decided until the third quarter when the Grizzlies finally got the game under control...The stubborn Falcon defense would not quit.
Line Score
California.....00.....00.....07.....07.....14
Foothill...…...00.....00.....00.....03......03

EAST BAY-----VALLEY
Granada 5-1 at Amador Valley 5-1.....the Pick.....Granada 27 Amador Valley 24.....What happened
Granada 35 Amador Valley 23
San Ramon Valley 4-2 at Dougherty Valley 4-2.....the Pick.....SRV 44 DV 13.....What Happened
SRV 44 SV 21
Livermore 2-4 at Dublin 4-2.....the Pick.....Dublin 38 Livermore 13.....what happened....the big up set of the week....Livermore 21 Dublin 14...the Cowboy defense rose for the occasion and shocked the Gaels. Even the Cowboy offense came alive....will in the future, the Cowboys be a real threat..
The Line Score
Livermore...…….07.....07.....00.....07.....21
Dublin...…………..07.....07.....00.....00.....14
THE BIG SURPRISE
the line score
Del Oro...…...07.....21.....21.....07.....56
Oakridge......07.....00.....07.....07.....21
Did Oakridge fall apart or is Del Oro that tough???

I am blown away with what the Alhambra Bulldogs have become. It was bad enough they got there ass handed to them but then after the game, on are way out two of the coaches get into a fight cops and all. Things are so out of control there I think the only thing they can do is clean house. From top to bottom all new start.

I am blown away with what the Alhambra Bulldogs have become. It was bad enough they got there ass handed to them but then after the game, on are way out two of the coaches get into a fight cops and all. Things are so out of control there I think the only thing they can do is clean house. From top to bottom all new start.
Humbab…...I was house bound Friday night so I could not make any games, I take it Alhambra played their usual football...Just maybe, next year will be better....

THE BIG SURPRISE
the line score
Del Oro...…...07.....21.....21.....07.....56
Oakridge......07.....00.....07.....07.....21
Did Oakridge fall apart or is Del Oro that tough???
Oak Ridge did not fall apart. They are a young team. They probably did not play their best game but that is not what the score reflected. Del Oro appears to be the real deal this year. Does not happen often but Del Oro has more speed than usual this year that is making a difference.

What I was most impressed was not only the speed of DO but there size. Those speedsters have D1 college size. That Smartt kid must be the younger brother of the QB from several years ago. He's a monster out there.

OR will be fine. DO was just a lot better . This DO team will be bowling...

Also interesting game was the Vacaville @ Vanden game. Vaca 55 Vanden 35 Standing Room only their trying to figure out the rivalry? Civil War (The Battle Between North Vacaville & South Vacaville)? The I-80 Trophy?The Farmers Hat Trophy? The Farmers Boot Trophy?Heard there was a scuffle...4 players ejected...yep Rivalry Indeed...

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Also interesting game was the Vacaville @ Vanden game. Vaca 55 Vanden 35 Standing Room only their trying to figure out the rivalry? Civil War (The Battle Between North Vacaville & South Vacaville)? The I-80 Trophy?The Farmers Hat Trophy? The Farmers Boot Trophy> Heardtheir was a scuffle...4 players ejected...yep Rivalry Indeed...
NCSCALFootball….. I didn't think that Vacaville would score that many points, but a number of guys think they could and did....Kind of looks like we have a civil war in the making, or a no love lost...Now we will have to see how Wood figures into this picture. We just might have a real head banger League cooking here in the future.

What I was most impressed was not only the speed of DO but there size. Those speedsters have D1 college size. That Smartt kid must be the younger brother of the QB from several years ago. He's a monster out there.

OR will be fine. DO was just a lot better . This DO team will be bowling...
Guys...when Del Oro faces Folsom, I wonder if they can slow them down or give them a battle...

Guys...when Del Oro faces Folsom, I wonder if they can slow them down or give them a battle...
A game I over looked because I couldn't get a line score took place between St. Pat-St. Vincent at St. Mary's of Albany... the game went into OT and St. Pat-St. Vincent won 42-41.. One of those games that keep you off your seat

Yep...i picked Vacaville to win by 20 (Vaca 48 Vanden 28) in another thread...was this Vacaville's Break Out Game? Maybe they will call this Rivalry the Family Feud (Vacaville-Daddy, as it is the oldest of the three schools, Vanden-Big Brother & Wood-Lil Brother, sice it is some what newer than Vaca & Vanden)?

Yep...i picked Vacaville to win by 20 (Vaca 48 Vanden 28) in another thread...was this Vacaville's Break Out Game? Maybe they will call this Rivalry the Family Feud (Vacaville-Daddy, as it is the oldest of the three schools, Vanden-Big Brother & Wood-Lil Brother, sice it is some what newer than Vaca & Vanden)?
Ncscalfootball…...The coming years should become very interesting to see just how all this pans out.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT