ADVERTISEMENT

Who is De La Salle's Next Playoff Opponent?

CaliforniaFan24

Superstar
Jun 27, 2020
I see various posts that discuss upcoming playoff games but do not see anything listing re. De La Salle's next opponent. Can someone update on this?

Isn't DLS the NCS Open champ? That means they will wait for next week's CIF Bowl Committee to seed them, along with other sectional champs, for regional/state bowl divisions. It is thought that DLS will be seeded in DI-AA to play the eventual champ of SJS DI assuming St. Francis wins CCS DI sectional title.

Reactions: THEOC89
I seem to recall on last night's NFHS streaming the announcers said the Spartans' opponent would not be announced until early December (??!?).

I see various posts that discuss upcoming playoff games but do not see anything listing re. De La Salle's next opponent. Can someone update on this?
Next week DLS has a bye. I think if SF loses next week to either Serra or the bells DLS will be in the open and not play again until Dec 10. If SF wins they go to the open and DLS will play in the RBG against who the hell knows at this point. I don’t think it matters. DLS will beat any team in NorCal by at least two TD’s. To answer your question nobody really knows.

Next week DLS has a bye. I think if SF loses next week to either Serra or the bells DLS will be in the open and not play again until Dec 10. If SF wins they go to the open and DLS will play in the RBG against who the hell knows at this point. I don’t think it matters. DLS will beat any team in NorCal by at least two TD’s. To answer your question nobody really knows.
Just saw in Prep writerDarren Sabedra's piece on last night's game that the Spartans will play again Dec 3 or 4 with their opponent being announced on November 28th.

The opponent will be announced? What happens if Saint Francis wins CCS title..won’t they await the opponent to be announced? And if not, why?

The opponent will be announced? What happens if Saint Francis wins CCS title..won’t they await the opponent to be announced? And if not, why?
Unless SF loses they are in The Open and Don’t play again until the open Game….

DLS has to wait and see who wins the SJS for D1AA…. If it is Rocklin, then DLS will Play Rocklin….. If anyone else wins the SJS then DLS will Likely play the Central Section Winner….

That is why DLS has to wait for the Announcement and to see how the other sections play out…..

All opponents for both north and south regional bowls will be announced at the same time as the team announced for Open state bowl. The CIF Bowl Committee meets Sunday, November 28 for all bracket seedings.

All opponents for both north and south regional bowls will be announced at the same time as the team announced for Open state bowl. The CIF Bowl Committee meets Sunday, November 28 for all bracket seedings.
Thanks. That makes sense.

I’m guessing it will be rocklin from what I’ve seen. I just don’t see Folsom beating them even though it’s hard to beat a a good team 2x. To be quite honest I think st Mary’s was better than Folsom and Jesuit too.
SF controls there destiny and if they win out of course they go to open. SF needs to play better early though. They can’t continue to yield all these points in first half. Be great to see servite against sf.

Reactions: THEOC89

Information - Football Championship Bowl Games​

Information -  Football Championship Bowl Games

Posted: Nov 01, 2021

2021 Regional Bowl Game Championship Matchups will be made available the afternoon of Sunday, November 28

Regional Championship Bowl Games Information

AA-Games played on Friday, Dec. 3 @ 7:30 p.m.
A-Games played on Saturday, Dec. 4 @ 6:00 p.m.
Please check the schedule for specific times and locations

Tickets

General Admission - $12.00
Children/Students/Seniors (65+) - $8.00
Tickets are available online only through CIF's ticketing partner, GoFan (gofan.co)
GoFan_QR_code.png

I think this online tickets thing us costing them $. Too many Luddites like me! The attendance was way down at Oakdale v Patterson game. Fewest people I have ever seen at the Corral in years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT