ADVERTISEMENT

Would Folsom .........

Numerous times the project a match-up was used prior to a match-up between 2 schools and than when the actual match-up happens the tool is way off, so I tend not to pay any attention to any computer based predictions. Too many other factors involved. Sure its fun to look at, but to use that as evidence to support an opinion when the schools will never face each other is silly.

To say DLS declined for personal reason is not the same as saying they could not make the game happen due to their schedule not matching up. If someone had no idea of the reason why the game could not happen and only read what you wrote that would leave most to question that reason and wonder if they were actually ducking Folsom.
No one is ducking anyone. All of that is usually from trolls on here to get a rise out of people. Both are great programs and would welcome the shot at eachother. I believe we'd both agree?

No one is ducking anyone. All of that is usually from trolls on here to get a rise out of people. Both are great programs and would welcome the shot at eachother. I believe we'd both agree?
Yes I agree too. Let me explain this another way, if there was some news article where Folsom stated they tried to get a game with DLS, but they declined due to personal reasons, that would leave most to question what is going on there vs. Folsom stating we could not make the game happen due to schedules not matching up. That was all. I didn't think you were saying DLS was ducking only pointing out the difference it makes in how you worded your post. Peace

GO NORCAL

Yes I agree too. Let me explain this another way, if there was some news article where Folsom stated they tried to get a game with DLS, but they declined due to personal reasons, that would leave most to question what is going on there vs. Folsom stating we could not make the game happen due to schedules not matching up. That was all. I didn't think you were saying DLS was ducking only pointing out the difference it makes in how you worded your post. Peace

GO NORCAL
Agreed. Thanks @nascar624. Look forward to next year and your football knowledge. Go NorCal!

Reactions: nascar624
[QUOTE="Deltadodger, post: 186222, member: 7640"]That’s the problem how can you base rankings off that game dls played the best team in the nation. Mater Dei made top 5 nationally ranked teams look like jv teams helix is good but they weren’t elite like Mater Dei that’s the risk you take when you play in the open state game you’re playing the best of the best and it’s gonna be a top 5 nationally ranked opponent. Helix was ranked high due to the other teams losing to Mater Dei and Bosco in play offs. State open game you get so cals best team in d1-aa you could be playing so cals 11th best team. You can’t knock dls because they played possibly the best high school team ever..dls playing folsoms schedule they’d win every game by 30 you give folsom dls schedule they could lose up to 4 games

Delta - here is part of my post you referred to: "Complete mismatch and not sure what other school program could hang with MD - what athletes and talent! I want to say that I am not saying its because DLS is bad this season by any means as their record would indicate otherwise. What I'm saying is MD is simply on a different level of the 2 teams."

So how was I knocking DLS?? You basically said the same thing about MD.

I ran the teams through the CalPreps projections of games between the teams and the computers come up with these scores:

Mater Dei 48-24 over Folsom
DLS 31-24 over Helix

I think a game between DLS and Folsom would be close, but I'd have to go with Folsom simply because of their passing game, which DLS is lacking. I think that was the biggest aspect against MD that hurt DLS, in they are one-dimensional using the veer. DLS averaged 82 passing yards per game and just 6 TD's passing for season.[/QUOTE]

What hurt dls vs md was the talent md has at every position it’s not so much the passing it’s everything they throw at you...Folsom doesn’t have the roster to compare to md. Size and speed. Did you see the timing me qb and WRs had did you see the size md had on its lines no team could compare. Dls wouldn’t be overwhelmed by nothing folsom would throw at them keep in mind the teams that overwhelmed dls Bishop Gorman and Mater Dei no team in nor cal has either one of those rosters...don’t forget how much problems SAC HIGH gave folsom every year they played and that was because of the athletes that could match up with folsoms athletes sac high roster is nothing compared to both the teams dls lost to. So you can’t say dls would lose cause of folsoms passing game when folsom doesn’t have the same personel as md or Bg. Folsom struggles with sac high running game btw

GO NORCAL

According to todays Sac Bee , "Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for games to challenge their club next year. I keep telling Kris, "We gotta find someone big on our schedule!" Fresques said, "We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don't fit. It could take two or three years to get them in". The players will take on anyone -
hello, Mater Dei, St John Bosco, Chaminade, Mission Viejo? "We just want to make sure were ready, and we'll be ready" said Bennett, the bulldogs quarterback.

Reactions: thekingera
Dls wouldn’t be overwhelmed by nothing folsom would throw at them
Disagree. DLS struggled with MDs passing attack. Folsom is prolific on offense. They don't have the athletes that MD does but they have VERY good athletes and even a future pro NFL receiver. That is why some believe Folsom could over take them.

Next year Folsom has athletes all over the field, plus an undefeated cache of JV players coming it. It could get nasty! Lol

Disagree. DLS struggled with MDs passing attack. Folsom is prolific on offense. They don't have the athletes that MD does but they have VERY good athletes and even a future pro NFL receiver. That is why some believe Folsom could over take them.

Next year Folsom has athletes all over the field, plus an undefeated cache of JV players coming it. It could get nasty! Lol

Not all passing teams are created equal they struggled with two top 5 programs. Folsom struggled with sac high twice. Md has better athletes than folsom bigger line better qb and they were tested every weak what they did to dls they did to everybody which is around 4-5 nationally ranked teams. Folsom played Jesuit a second time and put up 24 points right? Jesuit isn’t De La Salle lol but kudos to folsom on the state win they’ll be pretty good next year or atleast we all assume that

Not all passing teams are created equal they struggled with two top 5 programs. Folsom struggled with sac high twice. Md has better athletes than folsom bigger line better qb and they were tested every weak what they did to dls they did to everybody which is around 4-5 nationally ranked teams. Folsom played Jesuit a second time and put up 24 points right? Jesuit isn’t De La Salle lol but kudos to folsom on the state win they’ll be pretty good next year or atleast we all assume that
Not all passing attacks are created equal for sure, but in NorCal they're passing attack reigns supreme. The system is fun to watch. Sac High was kind of an anomaly. Helix had twice the athletes that Sac High did and Folsom punched them in the mouth with generally smaller in stature players.

Go Norcal!

Not all passing attacks are created equal for sure, but in NorCal they're passing attack reigns supreme. The system is fun to watch.

Go Norcal!
If you haven’t notice there’s a big gab between nor cal and so cal it’s dls is our pride n joy in the north but the rate of what so cal is doing between md and St. John’s it could be a while until we win the open again

If you haven’t notice there’s a big gab between nor cal and so cal it’s dls is our pride n joy in the north but the rate of what so cal is doing between md and St. John’s it could be a while until we win the open again
Sure but SoCal has nothing to do with us until state bowl time. Have to worry about your own backyard before worrying about your neighbors.

Based on what I’ve seen this year Folsom vs DLS would be a very competitive game.I would take DLS to win late.Folsom would score points but That D line would fold in the 2nd half from The DLS grinding...Think about the DLS vs St John’s game

Based on what I’ve seen this year Folsom vs DLS would be a very competitive game.I would take DLS to win late.Folsom would score points but That D line would fold in the 2nd half from The DLS grinding...Think about the DLS vs St John’s game
Folsom wins by a TD. DLS wouldn't be able to stop Folsom on offense. Folsoms defense is good enough to stop DLS enough to win. Especially next year. But I agree DLS would grind. Folsom would make more big plays. It would be fun to watch the dif styles for sure.

You see how we always have a hypothetical game between dls and Folsom whenever folsom runs the table lol is funny this years team were exactly the same as 2012-13 but they just had to play dls can we quit with this stuff like really dls looked bad against the best team in the nation who made everyone look bad folsom beat helix who’s not a top 10 so cal team before play offs eliminated teams. This my last post I don’t wanna get blocked for stating the obvious

I think it's hilarious that when people on here accuse "Del Oro parent Kingera" of actually being Folsom Bulldog, he has no response. A poster falsely accused of being someone else will usually provide a indignant response, no? :p

Reactions: FanFanatic1
this years team were exactly the same as 2012-13
Not sure if your kidding or you never watched a Folsom game this year.

2012-2013: pocket QB, average line, good skill players, all underclassmen.

2017-2018: mobile QB, above average line, great skill players, upper classman (2018 only).

Completely different teams. But I understand the intent here. But let's keep it positive. These kids worked so hard to get where they are. It is frankly amazing to see a public school morph into something like this and be able to compete on a state and national level.

helix who’s not a top 10 so cal
You are 100 percent correct. The are not a top 10 socal team. They are a top 10 state team. Great talent and one of the best CBs in the nation on the roster. Seeing him and Ngata go at it was amazing. Senior vs junior. Both might be pro players.

Go Norcal!

This is why you can’t be taken as a serious student of the game
This is per the rankings, not my opinion.

If you don't like the rankings, I would suggest maybe an email to the writers. Maybe they will take your opinion into account.

This is per the rankings, not my opinion.

If you don't like the rankings, I would suggest maybe an email to the writers. Maybe they will take your opinion into account.
It has nothing to do with the rankings and everything to do with you trying to justify them with your Folsom agenda.

It has nothing to do with the rankings and everything to do with you trying to justify them with your Folsom agenda.
I think by you creepily following my every post, your agenda is much clearer.

I am simply stating my opinion that jives with every ranking at the end of the season. As I have said before, I didn't make rankings. You are free to write the creators of these rankings and disagree with them.

Until then. Leave the creepiness out of it and let's talk some positive NorCal football!

Go NorCal! Can't wait til next year!

I think by you creepily following my every post, your agenda is much clearer.

I am simply stating my opinion that jives with every ranking at the end of the season. As I have said before, I didn't make rankings. You are free to write the creators of these rankings and disagree with them.

Until then. Leave the creepiness out of it and let's talk some positive NorCal football!

Go NorCal! Can't wait til next year!
Poor attempt at deflecting and two post ago you said it wasn’t your opinion .As i stated it has nothing to do with the rankings and everything to do with you trying to justify them.

Poor attempt at deflecting and two post ago you said it wasn’t your opinion .As i stated it has nothing to do with the rankings and everything to do with you trying to justify them.
One rankings system alone can be skewed. 2 maybe. But all have the same result as my opinion. No justification needed.

Cheers!

Go NorCal!

One rankings system alone can be skewed. 2 maybe. But all have the same result as my opinion. No justification needed.

Cheers!

Go NorCal!

You do realize that CalPreps=Freemam and MaxPreps use their ratings. So, at this point, you are pointing to One Ranking System.

But, I do think that Helix is a top 10 State team, probably around that 10th ranking.

You do realize that CalPreps=Freemam and MaxPreps use their ratings. So, at this point, you are pointing to One Ranking System.

But, I do think that Helix is a top 10 State team, probably around that 10th ranking.
I agree. Anywhere 7-10 is fair. I think they got much better as the year went on. But they weren't a top 5 team for sure.

Not sure if your kidding or you never watched a Folsom game this year.

2012-2013: pocket QB, average line, good skill players, all underclassmen.

2017-2018: mobile QB, above average line, great skill players, upper classman (2018 only).

Completely different teams. But I understand the intent here. But let's keep it positive. These kids worked so hard to get where they are. It is frankly amazing to see a public school morph into something like this and be able to compete on a state and national level.

You are 100 percent correct. The are not a top 10 socal team. They are a top 10 state team. Great talent and one of the best CBs in the nation on the roster. Seeing him and Ngata go at it was amazing. Senior vs junior. Both might be pro players.

Go Norcal!
Not literal but record wise both those teams would’ve finished the season the same way this years team finished and 2014 team if they didn’t have to face dls..any team from the north the advances is the d1 games aren’t facing a top 10 so cal team PRIOR PLAY OFF RANKINGS

Not literal but record wise both those teams would’ve finished the season the same way this years team finished and 2014 team if they didn’t have to face dls..any team from the north the advances is the d1 games aren’t facing a top 10 so cal team PRIOR PLAY OFF RANKINGS
#7 Helix this year. 2014 and 2017 had a great shot of beating DLS. Absolutely.

D1AA champs. Good stuff!

Reactions: Deltadodger
They have the athletes to compete with a majority of those teams. #7 ranking was warranted. Great team.

Those teams, as well as our top teams, will never be grouped together in one playoff structure. The fictitious playoff format is getting old. The rankings are what they are.

Go NorCal!

They have the athletes to compete with a majority of those teams. #7 ranking was warranted. Great team.

Those teams, as well as our top teams, will never be grouped together in one playoff structure. The fictitious playoff format is getting old. The rankings are what they are.

Go NorCal!
They are what they are because people are to lazy or just don’t understand that Helix would have been out first or second round in that bracket and nobody would be saying they were top ten and for good reason because they are not

They are what they are because people are to lazy or just don’t understand that Helix would have been out first or second round in that bracket and nobody would be saying they were top ten and for good reason because they are not
Helix is in SD. They will never play a majority of those teams in a single bracket. Fake news. Just like our NCS, North, and CCS brethren will never be grouped together into one slug it out tourney. Doing so would also elimiate many of the teams that are advancing every year.

Move on. They're a great team with some great athletes. The fictitious news and match ups will never happen. Lol.

New to this board ,but have to put in my two cents. Folsom came into The Corral Oakdale is by enrollment a D4 team . A public school. As far as Folsom's defense Oakdale put over 500 yards. So me not being a DLS homer have to say while Folsom is a very good team. But to say Folsom would shut down DLS is questionable. But that's just on man's opinion.

Helix is in SD. They will never play a majority of those teams in a single bracket. Fake news. Just like our NCS, North, and CCS brethren will never be grouped together into one slug it out tourney. Doing so would also elimiate many of the teams that are advancing every year.

Move on. They're a great team with some great athletes. The fictitious news and match ups will never happen. Lol.
Lol but your fake news the Folsom is better than DLS and Centennial and the rest of the SSD1 is perfectly acceptable? This is why you can’t be taken seriously as a student of the game

Lol but your fake news the Folsom is better than DLS and Centennial and the rest of the SSD1 is perfectly acceptable? This is why you can’t be taken seriously as a student of the game
Ignore button ignited. Can't the the agenda driven fake news.

Congrats to all the NorCal teams again for all the hard work this year!

You have a lot of emotion behind your narrative. Now the the season is over, may a little time for reflection?
Reflect on what? A great season of California football? Already know that. Everything I have posted about this subject is only to show the silliness of some posters.Remember I’m the first person on this site that said Folsom would beat Helix pretty easily.I also said Pitt and Narbonne would be the best(closest) game.Im confidant in how I evaluate teams without bias

I am simply stating my opinion that jives with EVERY ranking at the end of the season. As I have said before, I didn't make rankings. You are free to write the creators of these rankings and disagree with them

Go NorCal! Can't wait til next year
!
You do realize there is at least a dozen or so different HS ranking sources out there? You have sited only the computer generated source, which has always been the most controversial source, often used by posters with an agenda to prop up certain teams. This is why I miss Dallas Jackson's compilation poll he used to do on the top 25 teams. That took every poll into account and even if it wasn't accurate, it at least gave a consensus of where teams ranked, so my only point is even though your opinion jives with the computer based poll, it is only one source.

Have you checked all the other polls? I haven't, so for all I know is maybe they are similar, but human input polls rarely jive with computer based polls. I would be curious on where the teams mentioned rank in the human based polls.

The one sentence I definitely agree with is the last one of course. I too can't wait to see what next year brings, from both Folsom, DLS and Pitt. Those are 3 teams I am most curious about.

You do realize there is at least a dozen or so different HS ranking sources out there? You have sited only the computer generated source, which has always been the most controversial source, often used by posters with an agenda to prop up certain teams. This is why I miss Dallas Jackson's compilation poll he used to do on the top 25 teams. That took every poll into account and even if it wasn't accurate, it at least gave a consensus of where teams ranked, so my only point is even though your opinion jives with the computer based poll, it is only one source.

Have you checked all the other polls? I haven't, so for all I know is maybe they are similar, but human input polls rarely jive with computer based polls. I would be curious on where the teams mentioned rank in the human based polls.

The one sentence I definitely agree with is the last one of course. I too can't wait to see what next year brings, from both Folsom, DLS and Pitt. Those are 3 teams I am most curious about.
http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2017
Here is another computer poll from usa today. I do realize the human polls can be different. Opinions vs. Numbers. I prefer a little of both.

Interesting tidbit from this ranking article. It lists DLS and Folsoms SoS as much closer than cal preps.

Folsom: 45
DLS: 48

Thoughts?

Rank MaxPreps CalPreps
USA Today

PrepNation HSFBA PrepGridiron PrepForce Massey Points Polls
1 Mater Dei 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 200 8
2 IMG Academy 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 192 8
3 Allen 4 14 3 3 3 3 4 5 169 8
4 American Heritage P 3 6 4 4 6 5 3 9 168 8
5 Ben Davis 5 11 7 8 7 6 7 6 151 8
5 Bingham 6 5 8 5 11 9 10 3 151 8