ADVERTISEMENT

More Transfer News

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
2024 RB/DB Wayshawn Parker has transferred from Elk Grove to Grant. Parker should be one of the best returners in the section

I heard 2025 rb Carter Jackson has transferred back to Folsom after playing his sophomore season at GB. Was at Folsom his frosh yr. He was the engine for GB last season.

I heard 2025 rb Carter Jackson has transferred back to Folsom after playing his sophomore season at GB. Was at Folsom his frosh yr. He was the engine for GB last season.
How in the world would he be eligible to play this year.

I suppose the same way he went Folsom to GB? I don’t know the rules. If it’s true though they’re going to be loaded again.
It’s so case by case. I’ve seen kids get penalized a year and others eligible immediately. Hard to say.
Granite bay was a terrible move for him. He had some big games early in season but in SFL Teams we’re able to lock him up pretty well. Their grinder mentality isn’t great for a smaller back. Folsom will allow him to use his legs when they spread him out and that is where he excels.

Folsom is always good. This year they go into season with a few more question marks than normal and not as many super stars names but they will be top team and I don’t see them missing much. I think their young QB (lyons) will be a dual thread they haven’t had in awhile.

It’s so case by case. I’ve seen kids get penalized a year and others eligible immediately. Hard to say.
Granite bay was a terrible move for him. He had some big games early in season but in SFL Teams we’re able to lock him up pretty well. Their grinder mentality isn’t great for a smaller back. Folsom will allow him to use his legs when they spread him out and that is where he excels.

Folsom is always good. This year they go into season with a few more question marks than normal and not as many super stars names but they will be top team and I don’t see them missing much. I think their young QB (lyons) will be a dual thread they haven’t had in awhile.
I agree a player like that will flourish in Folsom’s system. What I’m hearing is Folsom has good skill guys they’re just young. Word on the street is their lines are going to be the best they’ve had since 2018. I guess they bring back almost every lineman and got a d1 transfer from SoCal recently.

Reactions: THEOC89
The transfer discussion will be heating up this summer! It will be interesting to see how the CIF-SJS governs the movement taking place in the region.

Families will be transferring for various reasons: soaring rent prices, employment opportunities, athletic purposes, bad blood with coaches, safety concerns, proximity/distance etc.

Over the past few seasons, we even learned that one young man was homeless.

Hopefully a ton of compassion is shown to these kids as they chase their dreams.

The transfer discussion will be heating up this summer! It will be interesting to see how the CIF-SJS governs the movement taking place in the region.

Families will be transferring for various reasons: soaring rent prices, employment opportunities, athletic purposes, bad blood with coaches, safety concerns, proximity/distance etc.

Hopefully a ton of compassion is shown to these kids as they chase their dreams.
True but nobody is homeless going too and from Granite Bay! 😭. Maybe he’s closer to chick filet now but ain’t no mean streets in Folsom or GB.

Would be another talented piece for the bulldog squad. My guess is there would be some kind of SOP unless a hardship is filed and granted. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure SJS has transfer rules on 3rd high school.

My Question would be, does anyone even know of any players who have been at more then 2 High Schools via transfer and not a legitimate family move that have even been successful at the next level?

I am all about kids doing what they think is best for them, but at some point there are diminishing returns to transferring….

Anyway, it just seems foolish going to 3 different High School’s…. I get maybe 1 transfer but if a kid transfers more then one time it seems like that is a problem with the kid and parents and not the Coach, School or program….

My Question would be, does anyone even know of any players who have been at more then 2 High Schools via transfer and not a legitimate family move that have even been successful at the next level?

I am all about kids doing what they think is best for them, but at some point there are diminishing returns to transferring….

Anyway, it just seems foolish going to 3 different High School’s…. I get maybe 1 transfer but if a kid transfers more then one time it seems like that is a problem with the kid and parents and not the Coach, School or program….
There’s a hoop player who is going to Inderkum and it’s his 5th hs! It’s well known on this board but what a joke. Is it him , parents , coaches? Gotta look in mirror at some point and deal with adversity.
Generally this type of behavior isn’t exactly a precursor to success. For legit hardships and family moves /etc that is a different situation altogether.

There’s a hoop player who is going to Inderkum and it’s his 5th hs! It’s well known on this board but what a joke. Is it him , parents , coaches? Gotta look in mirror at some point and deal with adversity.
Generally this type of behavior isn’t exactly a precursor to success. For legit hardships and family moves /etc that is a different situation altogether.
You are right on!!!…. I personally know a kid who will be transferring to his 3rd HS is 3 years on top of being Heald back in 8th grade and will be 19 by the second semester of his SR year…. His Dad is behind all of it….

Parents, Coaches, etc, are the ones leading the kids in this direction…. The personal Coaches want $$ and Parents want the Scholarship’s…. I don’t think that kids really want to transfer unless they really don’t like their High School…..

If you are really that good and attend the camps and stuff you will get noticed…. It really doesn’t matter anymore what HS you go to….. Social Media, recruiting services, and Showcases have changed everything…..

Just look at that Sac State one, didn’t something like 50+ kids get offers??…. They don’t all go to Folsom…. 🤣

Reactions: larry legend33

Brendan Schooler went to four high schools and three colleges. He made the Patriots roster last year.

Brendan Schooler went to four high schools and three colleges. He made the Patriots roster last year.
There you go!…. I am sure there are others as well…. Thats why I am not against kids being able to transfer and play wherever they want….

I may not like it, but kids and parents should have the freedom to do what they think is best for them and their future….

SoCal has thrown in the towel with transfers. It’s rampant down there. NorCal doesn’t have anything close to what they do down there but as time goes on we’ll continue to see more and more up here. I’m fine with it tbh. If it’s in the best interest of the family who cares?

Reactions: bella123
There you go!…. I am sure there are others as well…. Thats why I am not against kids being able to transfer and play wherever they want….

I may not like it, but kids and parents should have the freedom to do what they think is best for them and their future….
I agree that the kids should be allowed to compete and transfer if needed. Some families are looking for exposure or a platform to showcase their talent. This is why a school like Folsom is an attractive destination for aspiring D-1 prospects; especially skill-positioned players and offensive linemen. They also play in a conference that is recognized among the best in the state and they regularly compete against Serra and DLS. So the exposure is there.

I don't think that the SJS will have the same kind of transfer problems that they have in Southern California. Chiefly because we don't have parochial schools willing to bend the rules as they do in SoCal.

Transferring schools does not always work out for the athletes. Some kids get propelled into the spotlight but most fizzle out or underwhelm.

What's fascinating about the latest undertakings (in the SJS) is that we have D1 prospects (those holding multiple offers) transferring from schools with reputable football programs. Some are even willing to miss 5 games of the season to join a different program.

I agree that the kids should be allowed to compete and transfer if needed. Some families are looking for exposure or a platform to showcase their talent. This is why a school like Folsom is an attractive destination for aspiring D-1 prospects; especially skill-positioned players and offensive linemen. They also play in a conference that is recognized among the best in the state and they regularly compete against Serra and DLS. So the exposure is there.

I don't think that the SJS will have the same kind of transfer problems that they have in Southern California. Chiefly because we don't have parochial schools willing to bend the rules as they do in SoCal.

Transferring schools does not always work out for the athletes. Some kids get propelled into the spotlight but most fizzle out or underwhelm.

What's fascinating about the latest undertakings (in the SJS) is that we have D1 prospects (those holding multiple offers) transferring from schools with reputable football programs. Some are even willing to miss 5 games of the season to join a different program.
SoCal is a mess. It’s complete open market.

But I sort of draw line with this carter jackson deal. He was at Folsom!! He chose to leave to go to GB to be the featured player. Now he wants back to folsom? Sorry you gotta get penalized for that. the Hardship would be buying 1m dollar home in GB 😭

League transfers (same league and no move with family) should be penalized. Oak ridge has zero transfers this up coming season. Zero. Much easier to transfer into Folsom /Cordova

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
SoCal is a mess. It’s complete open market.

But I sort of draw line with this carter jackson deal. He was at Folsom!! He chose to leave to go to GB to be the featured player. Now he wants back to folsom? Sorry you gotta get penalized for that. the Hardship would be buying 1m dollar home in GB 😭

League transfers (same league and no move with family) should be penalized. Oak ridge has zero transfers this up coming season. Zero. Much easier to transfer into Folsom /Cordova
I haven’t heard an official word of him transferring, although NorCal preps lists him at Folsom. If true, it sounds like he would be prepared to sit out 5 weeks, should it come to that.

Bright side, He would only be a junior and could still suit up for potentially 10 games should the Bulldogs make it to the state Championship game.

Then again, I will wait on the official word. Unless someone knows he’s been playing passing league with GB

Also saw today that Devin Green has transferred from Sheldon to Grant
What is going on at Sheldon? They had 2 or 3 transfer to some private in CCS. Oakdale scheduled them next year. The game will still be interesting . Oakdale has some better than average athletes coming up. The last person drafted in the NFL from Oakdale son is coming up. His mom is the holder of several of the school track and field records. He placed at state in Wrestling this year as a 182 pound freshman.

What is going on at Sheldon? They had 2 or 3 transfer to some private in CCS.
That’s a great question. Looks like they lost a few kids to the CCS and another all city kid moved to San Diego and will play at Cathedral Catholic .

I’m curious as to what’s going on as well….

That’s a great question. Looks like they lost a few kids to the CCS and another all city kid moved to San Diego and will play at Cathedral Catholic .

I’m curious as to what’s going on as well….
Maybe it’s more that Grant has tuned the corner and their history speaks for themselves. This is a school that should be a top 10 norcal with talent. It’s good to see grant back.

Maybe it’s more that Grant has tuned the corner and their history speaks for themselves. This is a school that should be a top 10 norcal with talent. It’s good to see grant back.
The Pacers are on the rise! No doubt...

I'm inquiring about the exodus from Sheldon. Three of their top returning student-athletes have transferred out. Could be more.

Devin Green (5'11' 205; RB/ATh) ---- Grant
Has offers from Arizona, UNLV, Cal, Fresno State, Nevada, etc.

Big Tommy Tofi (6'6 320; OT)--- Riordan
Has offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Washington State, Oregon, BYU, Hawaii, Idaho, San Diego State, etc.

William Buck (6'3 285; OL/DL)--- Cathedral Catholic
All-City performer last season.

Reactions: coachlittle

I'm inquiring about the exodus from Sheldon. Three of their top returning student-athletes have transferred out. Could be more.

Devin Green (5'11' 205; RB/ATh) ---- Grant
Has offers from Arizona, UNLV, Cal, Fresno State, Nevada, etc.

Has offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Washington State, Oregon, BYU, Hawaii, Idaho, San Diego State, etc.

William Buck (6'3 285; OL/DL)--- Cathedral Catholic
All-City performer last season.
Bucks brother plays at USD, maybe the family moved to be closer to him?

I'm inquiring about the exodus from Sheldon. Three of their top returning student-athletes have transferred out.

Both Tofi brothers 2026 Tommy and 2025 John Jr. 6-4 are at Riordan. The family moved back to the area and Riordan is their father’s alma mater.

Both Tofi brothers 2026 Tommy and 2025 John Jr. 6-4 are at Riordan. The family moved back to the area and Riordan is their father’s alma mater.
Indeed that makes sense. Return to hometown/alma mater.
Bucks brother plays at USD, maybe the family moved to be closer to him?
This also makes incredible sense.

These legitimate scenarios meet the valid change of address criteria highlighted by the CIF. More power to the families for making the moves that they made!

I was just wondering what led to the abrupt moves. Sheldon appeared to have some incredible core talent returning. I'd argue this core was among the best in the region. Based on the returning talent, the coaching staff had to have section championship aspirations! Maybe this is all coincidental, but losing five key players at once usually speaks to some internal issues.

Tennyson is loaded with 21 Transfers!
How does he get them clear? I’ve never in my 21 years of covering high school sports in the Bay Area seen a team have 21 transfers.

He must have some not eligible by this tweet

Reactions: MC415
Word in the EG/Sheldon area is that Green in summer school at Sheldon. Is that a loop hole. My buddies kid says he saw him play at Grant 7 on.
Don't know of the fine print, but I don't think you can play 7on7 for one school and attend another.

In related news, Devin Green has committed to UNLV. Commitments have been flying around NorCal the past couple of weeks

Double digit, significant transfers is suspicious. You could call that a "ton" of transfers, as opposed to the handful top NorCal teams get over the years.

Word in the EG/Sheldon area is that Green in summer school at Sheldon. Is that a loop hole. My buddies kid says he saw him play at Grant 7 on.
Not sure about any loopholes. Just looks like the young man and his family transferred schools, which I have no problem with. For a program to lose that many players, (top players at that), it possibly speaks to turmoil or something going on within the culture of the program.

Not sure about any loopholes. Just looks like the young man and his family transferred schools, which I have no problem with. For a program to lose that many players, (top players at that), it possibly speaks to turmoil or something going on within the culture of the program.
Yea I hear stuff but confused because how you still be at one school and doing football at another. No transfer. Won’t grant get in trouble. My son told me we lost top player to Grant to and others to other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT