ADVERTISEMENT

More Transfer News

It’s not a fact because there is much evidence to the contrary. Those NFL players were starters in college. You can say the sky is green as much as you’d like, but that does not make it true.

Reactions: THEOC89
Whatever the reason is, his journey landed him at Sierra College. There is no shame in that.

I'm not disparaging the McQueen coaching staff. Not for a second. I'm sure they did help the young man along the way but the fact remains Aiyuk is an incredible athlete and a hard worker with great genes. Those natural intangibles cannot be overlooked.

Regarding Reno Express: These young men and their families decided to attend Folsom. They had every right to do so. They didn't just land at Folsom! They were attracted to Folsom. Was it the Blue field, the ESPN games, the state championships, the coaching staff, their cousin's insistence, the bigger market, better competition? Who knows.

Families make these kinds of moves all the time... The Reno Express are not the only families to make such a move. Let's just say it paid off!
Reno is cold and bland. Can't blame them

Reactions: BigMann08
It’s not a fact because there is much evidence to the contrary. Those NFL players were starters in college. You can say the sky is green as much as you’d like, but that does not make it true.
Keep Drinking that Kool Aid ! Gona be the Last season we see Junipero Serra Dominate WCAL and Northern California! FACTS!

More competitive parity is always a good thing. SHC and Riordan’s coaches enter their 2nd season. SI and Bellarmine with new coaches this year.

Whatever the reason is, his journey landed him at Sierra College. There is no shame in that.

I'm not disparaging the McQueen coaching staff. Not for a second. I'm sure they did help the young man along the way but the fact remains Aiyuk is an incredible athlete and a hard worker with great genes. Those natural intangibles cannot be overlooked.

Regarding Reno Express: These young men and their families decided to attend Folsom. They had every right to do so. They didn't just land at Folsom! They were attracted to Folsom. Was it the Blue field, the ESPN games, the state championships, the coaching staff, their cousin's insistence, the bigger market, better competition? Who knows.

Families make these kinds of moves all the time... The Reno Express are not the only families to make such a move. Let's just say it paid off!
It Certainly wasn’t because of any ESPN games…. The only game on ESPN Folsom has ever played, they were Smoked by Grant…. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: larry legend33
And what FACTS would those be that lead you to this conclusion?…. Serra has the Best Coach in Nor Cal, that is a FACT…..
Everyone has a Opinion. No one is attempting to take away any success in the past. I believe this forum is a place for football discussion and where people can voice their opinions and outlook for the season. We see a more competitive coaching season this fall. Every coach from Every WCAL school will be competitive. New Players on the WCAL coaching scene . SO let's set back and see what this fall brings .

Walsh main focus and his OC which also recieves a pay check is Next Level Flag Football. Unfortunately it is all about Walsh and Next Level Flag Football.
Walsh main focus and his OC which also recieves a pay check is Next Level Flag Football. Unfortunately it is all about Walsh and Next Level Flag Football.
Sounds like a personal beef you have with walsh. Anyone who truly knows walsh would laugh at your statement. I’m all for the WCAL getting better and more competitive from top to bottom. But to say Walsh’s only focus is himself and his flag business is ridiculous.

Sounds like a personal beef you have with walsh. Anyone who truly knows walsh would laugh at your statement. I’m all for the WCAL getting better and more competitive from top to bottom. But to say Walsh’s only focus is himself and his flag business is ridiculous.
Facts. No Beef here. The Kool Aid free.

Not putting those kids on blast but rather pointing out that for the greatness of their programs they sure as hell went into their college careers lacking development. I get that you have to be borderline unworldly to have any kind of success as a true freshman or even really ****ing good to sniff the field. But when you’re weeded out within a year it means you came in under developed and unprepared and that’s on coaching. Call me whatever but I said that about Mahasin when he was in HS…was he a running back? Was he a receiver? The answer is that he was Walsh’s savior…and he got put in so many situations to save that mf anywhere on the field that he never quite developed as either.

I can actually say the same thing about Dominique Lampkin. He played QB because he was a good enough athlete to hide Walsh and Bell’s deficiencies but how much was he really developing? The kid had Division 1 safety written all over him but they chose not to develop him as what he truly was for Walsh’s own benefit. When Lampkin makes it out of JC as a division 1 safety, remember what I’m telling you.
Mahasin is at a JUCO because he wasn't fully healthy. PERIOD.

Dominique had offers to play QB but chose to continue his career as a safety. Which he played at Serra as well. He also chose to play QB, he wasn't forced. He will go D1 as a safety, only part of your post that's accurate.

Reactions: Santa Ball
Again, please Share your FACTS….

All you have done is stated your Opinion which sounds like a personal Beef with Coach Walsh….
Facts on coaching Deficiencies watch the Mater Dei tape watch the Bosco Tape clearly shows where the Kool Aid was flowing. As far as Next Level Flag and their money stream best to get that from the horses mouth. Again no beef. Just pointing out what everyone already knows and now that the coaching scheme is changing in WCAL we about to find out about the alleged coaching deficiencies.

Facts on coaching Deficiencies watch the Mater Dei tape watch the Bosco Tape clearly shows where the Kool Aid was flowing. As far as Next Level Flag and their money stream best to get that from the horses mouth. Again no beef. Just pointing out what everyone already knows and now that the coaching scheme is changing in WCAL we about to find out about the alleged coaching deficiencies.
If you want to have any credibility here, state facts, not conjecture. Your whole personal beef is difficult to navigate around just to land squarely on opinion. Opinions are ok brother, but no facts I've heard.

Fact, Riordan hasn't reached a height above a Mahoney trophy, fact Riordan couldn't sniff a Bosco, Mater Dei game. We all welcome a more competitive WCAL landscape but coaching and development for all WCAL schools are good, and the interest in the student athlete has been the priority for all staff.

"Fact, Riordan hasn't reached a height above a Mahoney trophy..."
A WCAL championship and a CCS championship are above a Mahoney I believe, albeit many years ago. Fun fact: The coaches on those teams are now Serra assistants (Peralta and Langridge), and the QB on that CCS championship team is the Serra OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Santa Ball
If you want to have any credibility here, state facts, not conjecture. Your whole personal beef is difficult to navigate around just to land squarely on opinion. Opinions are ok brother, but no facts I've heard.

Fact, Riordan hasn't reached a height above a Mahoney trophy, fact Riordan couldn't sniff a Bosco, Mater Dei game. We all welcome a more competitive WCAL landscape but coaching and development for all WCAL schools are good, and the interest in the student athlete has been the priority for all staff.
Appreciate your opinion. Sounds like you have a beef with Riordan. Either way we agree to disagree. Enjoy the Kool Aid gona be the last season (Reality).

Appreciate your opinion. Sounds like you have a beef with Riordan. Either way we agree to disagree. Enjoy the Kool Aid gona be the last season (Reality).
In truth, I would love to see the city schools flourish, I enjoyed the SI venue and of course can't beat playing at Kezar. I always had fun back in the day navigating the potholes @Riordan then dodging the broken down Gazelle glider by Tony little to get to that shit dirt field in front of a crowd of 16 people. 🤣

On the Next Level Sports website, Riordan & CCSF are listed as the San Francisco locations for Flag Football, and CCSF looks like it's coached by SI staff.

Next Level has branched out to include a variety of other sports well beyond flag football. It's a business model that shows few signs of slowing down. It's a success story that came along at just the right time. So where's the problem? Color me confused.

One can argue Serra's coaching staff is overrated. The 3 consecutive CCS championships and 3 consecutive State Appearances likely say otherwise. Serra lost its previous OC to Bosco (Lo) and prior DC has become a source for coaches across the nation at the highest levels. (Vasseur)

Note*

*Since their departure Serra has climbed in the polls and reached heights its never achieved. In no way am I saying current guys are equal, just stating that they didnt fall off, only got better. Probably because Coach Walsh and his Cronies only care about Next Level and drinking the kool aid.

One can argue Serra's coaching staff is overrated. The 3 consecutive CCS championships and 3 consecutive State Appearances likely say otherwise. Serra lost its previous OC to Bosco (Lo) and prior DC has become a source for coaches across the nation at the highest levels. (Vasseur)

Note*

*Since their departure Serra has climbed in the polls and reached heights its never achieved. In no way am I saying current guys are equal, just stating that they didnt fall off, only got better. Probably because Coach Walsh and his Cronies only care about Next Level and drinking the kool aid.
Appreciate your opinion. Where is the Kool Aid Stand?

Appreciate your opinion. Where is the Kool Aid Stand?
Instead saying “Kool aid” every post like a 6 year old, why don’t you use your adult brain power and give us simpletons some specific detailed examples of how Serra is falling off? Their record and achievements keep getting better every year and you state their coaches are paying more attention to flag football? Tell us without using the phrase “kool aid” how a program becomes a region’s best when their coaches stop paying close attention on said team/program? Remember be a big boy and don’t say “Kool Aid”

Instead saying “Kool aid” every post like a 6 year old, why don’t you use your adult brain power and give us simpletons some specific detailed examples of how Serra is falling off? Their record and achievements keep getting better every year and you state their coaches are paying more attention to flag football? Tell us without using the phrase “kool aid” how a program becomes a region’s best when their coaches stop paying close attention on said team/program? Remember be a big boy and don’t say “Kool Aid”
No Problem, Agian no one is knocking Any accomplishments from the past . By far Junipero Serra is a very Disciplined program only other program we have seen that would Trump Junipero Serra's discipline n the North would be Del La Salle which I believe the head coach came from and injected that model into Junipero Serra . Hats off to them . We are looking at the current make up of WCAL and of the opinion that this is last season that Junipero Serra will dominate WCAL and that's a maybe. New Coaches (that have coached Collegiate football and played in the league ) Alot of New elite player talent being spread out around WCAL now and in the coming seasons. With a new distribution of player talent coming into WCAL and Collegiate Level coaches that Kool Aid is not going to help .

Here’s another example of development at Serra: Nio Mafi. He earned WCAL MVP as a lineman, started as a 17-year-old at UCLA, and now plays for the Patriots.

Last edited:
It was bound to happen. Success almost always produces envy. It's the American way. Let's take a step back for a moment. Before Patrick Walsh arrived at Serra in 2001, WCAL football was essentially a two-trick pony. Bellarmine and St. Francis had a lock on the league championship for roughly 30 years with barely a hint of real competition from the rest of the league's entrants. It was the giants vs. the pipsqueaks. The league had become a painfully predictable bore. Walsh _ and the arrival of Mike Machado and Valley Christian in 2002 _ altered the calculus dramatically. Since the beginning of the new century, those two programs have won or shared 15 WCAL football championships. The Bellarmine-St. Francis stranglehold was ended. Are Walsh and Machado perfect? Of course not. Who is? But they have been prime movers in making WCAL football more competitive, more interesting and more lively on the regional and statewide stages. Maybe we should just thank them for their service.

It was bound to happen. Success almost always produces envy. It's the American way. Let's take a step back for a moment. Before Patrick Walsh arrived at Serra in 2001, WCAL football was essentially a two-trick pony. Bellarmine and St. Francis had a lock on the league championship for roughly 30 years with barely a hint of real competition from the rest of the league's entrants. It was the giants vs. the pipsqueaks. The league had become a painfully predictable bore. Walsh _ and the arrival of Mike Machado and Valley Christian in 2002 _ altered the calculus dramatically. Since the beginning of the new century, those two programs have won or shared 15 WCAL football championships. The Bellarmine-St. Francis stranglehold was ended. Are Walsh and Machado perfect? Of course not. Who is? But they have been prime movers in making WCAL football more competitive, more interesting and more lively on the regional and statewide stages. Maybe we should just thank them for their service.
Everything you said is spot on…. Not trying to take away what he’s done. But… need to have a convo on what happened to Valley last year. They have been baaaaad. Numbers have dropped. They needed to poach kids from Sobrato, Pioneer as key guys. They went 1-9 last year and only beat a Hollister team because their TE caught a jump ball while double teamed. What happened?

"Poach?" Probably an unwise word to use here. Although no one would dispute that a dose of that behavior does indeed occur within the WCAL fraternity. Public school coaches and fans are not amused. Not at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT