ADVERTISEMENT

More Transfer News

A tide ebbs and flows. It means we are at a low point.
Thx dcpanda. As one of the older guys on here I think it’s valid. Back in the day it was pretty awesome but more social media outlets have eaten into viewership. For me the football area has been great and hoops has really fallen off.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I’m always up for suggestions on how to make these boards better. There are certain challenges but this can still be a great place to talk high school sports. One of the best ways is for quality posters to post more and engage.
I think the site needs to be the go to place for NorCal Prep sports. The articles should be free, if that’s all possible, and the coverage should be greater than the local newspapers and YouTube channels.

You may have to bring the message board feel to Twitter, IG, and YouTube. We are also in a digitized era. So more video highlights and interviews may bring more traffic.

You may even want to add in youth sports as well…

Then again, I’m sure that the coaches have told their players and parents to stay off of here! Hahahaha

I’m always up for suggestions on how to make these boards better. There are certain challenges but this can still be a great place to talk high school sports. One of the best ways is for quality posters to post more and engage.
It’s all about attracting passionate people who go to the games and enjoy the purity of Hs athletics. Too many soft people now. The Football Forum to me is far and away the most knowledgeable and passionate people. I really look forward to the fall.

It’s all about attracting passionate people who go to the games and enjoy the purity of Hs athletics. Too many soft people now. The Football Forum to me is far and away the most knowledgeable and passionate people. I really look forward to the fall.
I see the point and agree. But I also think everyone has their reason for being invested (HS, club, top players, recruiting, rumor mill, etc) so the challenge is molding those things

I think the site needs to be the go to place for NorCal Prep sports. The articles should be free, if that’s all possible, and the coverage should be greater than the local newspapers and YouTube channels.

You may have to bring the message board feel to Twitter, IG, and YouTube. We are also in a digitized era. So more video highlights and interviews may bring more traffic.

You may even want to add in youth sports as well…

Then again, I’m sure that the coaches have told their players and parents to stay off of here! Hahahaha
It can’t all be free but I try to offer quite a bit free. Good ideas on other things to bring in for coverage.

And yes, we have a lot of people who like to read but not post 😂

It can’t all be free but I try to offer quite a bit free. Good ideas on other things to bring in for coverage.

And yes, we have a lot of people who like to read but not post 😂
Personally I don’t mind the fee. There is a real value to me. It’s really challenging to keep things going at the pace of consumer change. Look at ESPN and Disney mess.
Appreciate what you do streak.

Personally I don’t mind the fee. There is a real value to me. It’s really challenging to keep things going at the pace of consumer change. Look at ESPN and Disney mess.
Appreciate what you do streak.
Espn revenue was 4 billion. Pretty sure plenty here would gladly take that mess

Espn revenue was 4 billion. Pretty sure plenty here would gladly take that mess

Revenue and profit aren’t the same………huge layoffs to top personalities at networks usually don’t occur when you’re raking in huge profits

They only lost 9 million subscribers since 2021 yeah that’s totally crushing it and increasing profits huh?

Last edited:
Revenue and profit aren’t the same………huge layoffs to top personalities at networks usually don’t occur when you’re raking in huge profits

They only lost 9 million subscribers since 2021 yeah that’s totally crushing it and increasing profits huh?
Layoffs happen in business. Why overpay for the same work you could pay less for?
4 Billy? Someone eating good too, and if nor cal preps made 4 Billy they would be living well.

They lost my subscription too but only cuz I decided to steal cable now instead of pay

• Haha
Reactions: FBAddict and MC415
ESPN (and other platforms like Comcast's and Bally's local cable channels) is heading straight for total streaming. It's going to be a pay-for-what-you-like world sooner than most of us can imagine. It's a big reason the Pac 12 still does not have a new media partner, or partners. Old-line cable-TV packages are on the way out. The viewing landscape is changing. Fast. Really fast.

You are just not very intelligent. @MC415 explained it nicely but I’m not here to give business lessons. Although you do seem to know a dangling participle so that’s cool.
i am pretty sure my brain is doing well for me. again, did you make 4 bill last year? if not, i think they know what they are doing.

Who's got the most state championship rings out of any HC in the WCAL?
I Don’t know….. I think Serra and SF each have 1…..

I know The Bells were there at least Twice but didn’t win, VC has been there as well…

Serra has been to the Open 2 times which no other team from Nor Cal can say except for DLS….. And Serra played in at least 2 other SBG’s that they lost, one to CDM and I can’t remember the other….

So I am really not sure what The Facts are that Make Walsh a Bad Coach…. He has been to 5 SBG’s by my count which I think is more then any other WCAL Coach or any Coach in CA not Named Rollo, Negro or JA…..

I know The Bells were there at least Twice but didn’t win, VC has been there as well…

Serra has been to the Open 2 times which no other team from Nor Cal can say except for DLS….. And Serra played in at least 2 other SBG’s that they lost, one to CDM and I can’t remember the other….

So I am really not sure what The Facts are that Make Walsh a Bad Coach…. He has been to 5 SBG’s by my count which I think is more then any other WCAL Coach or any Coach in CA not Named Rollo, Negro or JA…..
Walsh runs a great program. He’s probably got a little short mans complex because on a good day he can’t be more than 5”7. But football wise I don’t know how anybody can even question his ability.

Great post - got me thinking about the history of WCAL and SBG games.

Before we get to the WCAL record, Palo Alto was the first team to win a SBG game for CCS. What a game that was in 2010...

Bellarmine has been to 4 SBG games and lost all four. But they have the distinction of being the first CCS and WCAL team to get into a SBG game in 2009.

Serra has been to 5 SBG games and won one of those games. They are the only WCAL school to be selected for the SBG - Open Division and this has happened the last two years. They were the first WCAL team to win a SBG game in 2017. St. Francis followed up with another WCAL win just one day later. (In response to OC89, Serra lost to Sierra Canyon in addition to CDM but beat Cajon for their lone win)

St. Francis has been to two SBG games and they won 1 game in 2017.

Sacred Heart Cathedral has been to 1 SBG game and won that game in 2021.

Valley Christian has been to 1 SBG game and lost that game.

WCAL teams have been to 13 SBG games but have only 3 wins in the history of SBG games.

Great post - got me thinking about the history of WCAL and SBG games.

Before we get to the WCAL record, Palo Alto was the first team to win a SBG game for CCS. What a game that was in 2010...

Bellarmine has been to 4 SBG games and lost all four. But they have the distinction of being the first CCS and WCAL team to get into a SBG game in 2009.

Serra has been to 5 SBG games and won one of those games. They are the only WCAL school to be selected for the SBG - Open Division and this has happened the last two years. They were the first WCAL team to win a SBG game in 2017. St. Francis followed up with another WCAL win just one day later. (In response to OC89, Serra lost to Sierra Canyon in addition to CDM but beat Cajon for their lone win)

St. Francis has been to two SBG games and they won 1 game in 2017.

Sacred Heart Cathedral has been to 1 SBG game and won that game in 2021.

Valley Christian has been to 1 SBG game and lost that game.

WCAL teams have been to 13 SBG games but have only 3 wins in the history of SBG games.
Thanks for the Help!…. I knew I was missing some!!… What a great history for the WCAL!!!…. I wonder who has more SBG appearances, the SFL or WCAL, I would think SFL has more wins with Folsom and Del Oro but the WCAL may have sent more teams…..

And yes, the Paly win over Cen10 was probably Biggest Upset in SBG history…. That Cen10 team either set the State Scoring record or came close and everyone had Cen10 beating Paly…..

For us HSFB fans, that was an unforgettable game!!!….

Thanks for the Help!…. I knew I was missing some!!… What a great history for the WCAL!!!…. I wonder who has more SBG appearances, the SFL or WCAL, I would think SFL has more wins with Folsom and Del Oro but the WCAL may have sent more teams…..

And yes, the Paly win over Cen10 was probably Biggest Upset in SBG history…. That Cen10 team either set the State Scoring record or came close and everyone had Cen10 beating Paly…..

For us HSFB fans, that was an unforgettable game!!!….
Dont forget Granite Bay won a SBG and Rocklin lost a SBG by 3, short starting QB.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Dont forget Granite Bay won a SBG and Rocklin lost a SBG by 3, short starting QB.
I was at both of those games - surprised by Rocklin's performance lacking their starting QB.

That being said, Cen10 was highly ranked and had a high octane offense in 2010. They were stunned by the stout PA defense. I had to change my opinion of the CCS opponents that lost to PA by a few points.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89

I was at both of those games - surprised by Rocklin's performance lacking their starting QB.

That being said, Cen10 was highly ranked and had a high octane offense in 2010. They were stunned by the stout PA defense. I had to change my opinion of the CCS opponents that lost to PA by a few points.
Great call!!… How could I forget the Granite Bay game and Cameron Smith’s incredible performance in that game against LBP, who was the prohibitive favorite over GB!… GB I think had either 2 or 3 losses!….

That was a great way n for GB and Nor Cal!…. I can’t believe it left that one off!!…. 🤣

Regarding the Rocklin game, that was one of the most Heartbreaking Nor Cal Losses!..,, Had Rocklin win that game they would have gone down as one of the Greatest CA HSFB teams ever!….

That was a Great Servite Team, those Rocklin kids gave a Legendary Effort!!…

It’s not just Walsh albeit I think he takes the brunt of the finger pointing because he is the loudest in the room.

To me, he is one of those coaches that does less with more. I don’t think people realize that he is one of maybe 5 coaches who is in play to get any kids he wants. I’m not saying he does but rather that when there is a stud athlete out there, Serra is a real threat to reel him in. Sure, everyone will point out that he’s been to a few SBGs but when you get pretty much whoever you want, that is not saying much. It’s like saying Bill Gates has one of the top 5 most impressive homes in America……..yeahhhhh, he is supposed to. He’s got more capitol at his disposal than most lol.

Reality is that some of the best coaches out there have probably never been to a state bowl game. They likely don’t get the type of talent they need but get the most out of what is one campus.

From the list you named, the only coach I feel is truly a great football coach is Jason Negro. Let’s face it, Alumbaugh inherited the De La Salle name while Rollinson and Walsh have only been head coaches at private schools where is easier to attract too talent. Negro won at Trabuco Hills, then went to SJB where he could recruit and attract top talent and pimped the mf out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT