D1:
Amador Valley @ De La Salle (2/15 7PM)
College Park @ San Leandro (2/15 7PM)
Doughtery Valley @ Dublin (2/15 7PM)
Monte Vista @ James Logan (2/16 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game

D2:
Bethel @ Bishop O'Dowd (2/15 7PM)
San Lorenzo @ Redwood (2/15 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game
Newark Memorial @ Moreau Catholic (2/15 7PM)
Las Lomas @ Tamalpais (2/15 7PM) UPSET CITY GAME

D3:

San Marin @ Salesian (2/15 7PM)
SJND @ Albany (2/15 7PM) Game Played @ Berkeley High
Piner @ Campo (2/15 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game
Miramonte @ SPSV (2/15 7PM)

D4:
Lick-Wilmerding @ Branson (2/16 7PM)
Healdsburg @ Piedmont (2/16 7PM)
Del Norte @ Fortuna (2/16 7PM)
Marin Catholic @ Saint Mary's (2/16 7PM)

D5:
Marin Academy @ Stuart Hall (2/16 TBA) Game Played @ Kezar
Hoopa Valley/Urban @ Head Royce (2/17???)
Above game between Hoopa and Urban has been postponed until 2/15 @1PM. 6 Hour Drive for Urban probably weather related postponement. If Hoopa wins, you have to imagine they would move the game back to 2/17, otherwise it would be back to back games for Hoopa with a 6 hour drive after their first game.
Berean Christian @ University (2/16 TBA) Game Played @ Kezar
Sonoma Academy @ Clear Lake (2/16 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game

In D4 the Del Norte/Fortuna game should be a fun one. Fortuna dropped 106 on Fort Bragg last night and those boys are rollin. I believe Del Norte took them to OT a few weeks ago, but MaxPreps only shows final score.
Prediction: Fortuna by 10-15 played in the mid 60's to 70's.

Also, Healdsburg and Piedmont should be a clash of styles. Piedmont likes to score and Healdsburg is pretty solid defensively with 6''7" Trey Chapman patrolling the paint.
Prediction: Piedmont by single digits in a game played in the mid 40's to low 50's.

Also, Branson big over Lick and St. Mary's will handle Marin Catholic easily.

In D5 Hoopa is getting screwed. Urban made the excuse of weather while Middletown had to go to Crescent City in D4 and made it without a problem. Post I read said game may be played at 1pm on Friday which could hurt Hoopa's home court advantage with fewer fans in the stands for a 1pm weekday game. Not a fan of the NCS making this decision. If Hoopa plays at Head Royce this weekend I'll take Head Royce in that one.

Sonoma Academy and Clear Lake could be interesting or it could be a 30 point blow out by Clear Lake. Sonoma played a really weak schedule, but did just beat a decent College Prep team. Clear Lake's schedule is mediocre, but they do have some decent wins on the resume and are riding a 16 game win streak. At Clear Lake I'll say they win by 15-20.

Obviously Stuart Hall and University should have little problem getting to the semi's heading for another clash at Kezar late next week.

Reactions: ayalar09
In D5 Hoopa is getting screwed. Urban made the excuse of weather while Middletown had to go to Crescent City in D4 and made it without a problem. Post I read said game may be played at 1pm on Friday which could hurt Hoopa's home court advantage with fewer fans in the stands for a 1pm weekday game. Not a fan of the NCS making this decision. If Hoopa plays at Head Royce this weekend I'll take Head Royce in that one.

Trust me, a 1:00PM game will not hurt Hoopa's home court advantage-the gym will most likely be packed. Never in my life have I seen a community back a sports team like Hoopa supports its basketball teams. It's EXACTLY like the movie Hoosiers...the whole town shuts down for games. Pretty fun environment to be in. I will say that it is kind of bush league that Urban would try to pull this, and get away with it. This should have easily been a forfeit. There were plenty of North Coast teams that made it to the Bay Area and vice versa.

In D3, I think Campo will blow out Piner.
In D2, LL is a 14, Tam an 11, that game is a toss up with LL a slight favorite.
I'm intrigued by College Park v. San Leandro in D1, that's the game of the night IMO, with stars on strong teams on both sides.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2019/feb/13/hoopa-boys-game-postponed-amid-controversy/

Personally I think this whole “weather” thing by Urban is a smoke screen.

To attend Urban it costs 42k a year. You’re telling me they couldn’t secure the most quality and safe transportation available? Answer is a simple yes, but they now got a couple more days extra practice as well as putting Hoopa in the position to play back to back games in less than 24 hours.

If I were in charge of NCS I would have given Urban the forfeit. This is extremely unfair to a Hoopa team that earned this home game!

In D3, I think Campo will blow out Piner.
In D2, LL is a 14, Tam an 11, that game is a toss up with LL a slight favorite.
I'm intrigued by College Park v. San Leandro in D1, that's the game of the night IMO, with stars on strong teams on both sides.
Campo can call their shot. Piner is not good

Trust me, a 1:00PM game will not hurt Hoopa's home court advantage-the gym will most likely be packed. Never in my life have I seen a community back a sports team like Hoopa supports its basketball teams. It's EXACTLY like the movie Hoosiers...the whole town shuts down for games. Pretty fun environment to be in. I will say that it is kind of bush league that Urban would try to pull this, and get away with it. This should have easily been a forfeit. There were plenty of North Coast teams that made it to the Bay Area and vice versa.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing when I read the above post. They show up for Hoopa, big time.
I remember when they played at Arco for state, 2000. They gave Price all they could handle. The whole town was there.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: coach_augie
Yea, I was thinking the same thing when I read the above post. They show up for Hoopa, big time.
I remember when they played at Arco for state, 2000. They gave Price all they could handle. The whole town was there.

Here's wishing you great hoops

I played for Hoopa when our team went to Norcals in 92-Magical season. The funny thing about Hoopa is that we'd have home court advantage at most away games because many people from Hoopa, Willow Creek and the surrounding areas would travel to see us play. In Norcals, on highway 299, there's an 11 mile road from Willow Creek to Hoopa...there must have been 50 signs of support. Home court and home road advantage. haha.

Currently a 14 point Hoopa lead middle of the 3rd quarter over Urban. Winner goes to Head Royce. I heard the game has been moved to Monday so the winner of this one doesn't have to play back to back days.

D1 predictions

Dublin ove Doughtery . =closer than most people think. Doughtery has clever guards and can shoot it.

College Park over San leandro with the Zion show. Full court game and should be a lot of points.

DeLasalle over Amador : Amador Valley has been playing well but not as well as Dela. Dela beat Dublin to win EBAL last week and is a very tough out. I think they will win NCD D1

Logan over Monte Vista- Logan hasn't lost at all at home this season.

D1 predictions

Dublin ove Doughtery . =closer than most people think. Doughtery has clever guards and can shoot it.

College Park over San leandro with the Zion show. Full court game and should be a lot of points.

DeLasalle over Amador : Amador Valley has been playing well but not as well as Dela. Dela beat Dublin to win EBAL last week and is a very tough out. I think they will win NCD D1

Logan over Monte Vista- Logan hasn't lost at all at home this season.

I think all 4 of these have the potential for upsets. Dublin is my best bet in this round for advancing, but DV will make them work for it. Dublin by 10.

AV also beat Dublin this year (and upset DLS in the EBAL playoffs last season), but I think DLS will prevail here. DLS by 7.

CP can put up points with the best of them, but I think the Pirates will prevail at home in a high scoring affair. SL by 4.

Logan at home is extremely tough, but don't count out MV's toughness and Nick Jones coaching. JL in OT.

D1:
Amador Valley @ De La Salle (2/15 7PM)
College Park @ San Leandro (2/15 7PM)
Doughtery Valley @ Dublin (2/15 7PM)
Monte Vista @ James Logan (2/16 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game

D2:
Bethel @ Bishop O'Dowd (2/15 7PM)
San Lorenzo @ Redwood (2/15 7PM) Best Quarterfinal Game
Newark Memorial @ Moreau Catholic (2/15 7PM)
Las Lomas @ Tamalpais (2/15 7PM) UPSET CITY GAME

By my estimation top seeds sit pretty in D1 tonight with only Monte Vista pulling off the upset!

We're flipping the script in D2 as it is the year of the upset in this division! BOD is the only higher seed that survives tonight. Give me San Lorenzo, Newark Memorial, and Las Lomas please! upsetcity.com

- Donnie 911

Reactions: olineUno
Wishful thinking!!
Dela is the top team in D1.
Doughtery would be the upset pick. Great guard play!

Scores coming in. Looks like in D1 it will be an amazing Semi-Finals matchup between De La Salle and Keshad Johnson led San Leandro!

Dublin blew out Dougherty Valley and still waiting on results from the Logan/Monte Vista game.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
D1:
De La Salle 46 Amador Valley 39
San Leandro 78 College Park 66

D2:
Moreau Catholic 58 Newark Memorial 55
Las Lomas 49 Tamalpais 45

Scores coming in. Looks like in D1 it will be an amazing Semi-Finals matchup between De La Salle and Keshad Johnson led San Leandro!

Dublin blew out Dougherty Valley and still waiting on results from the Logan/Monte Vista game.

San Leandro is legit, real fun to watch play. That'll be a good one next week!

If you can't make it in person, NorCal Sports Tv is producing the game streamed on the NFHS Network. Here is the link.... https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/affiliates/norcal-sports-tv

I don't know if you guys were also responsible for the Logan vs. Napa game, but that was one of the worst sports streams I've ever seen. Almost every single fast break was missed because the camera man couldn't be bothered to shift to the other side fast enough and at one point in the middle of the game after a Logan steal, we get the camera zoomed into some kid staring at his phone with a funny expression. It wasn't during a time out, it was in the middle of the quarter.

I don't wanna come off as being rude for no reason but man that was total BS and if I payed for a single game rather then a monthly subscription to NFHS, I'd be absolutely livid.

I don't know if you guys were also responsible for the Logan vs. Napa game, but that was one of the worst sports streams I've ever seen. Almost every single fast break was missed because the camera man couldn't be bothered to shift to the other side fast enough and at one point in the middle of the game after a Logan steal, we get the camera zoomed into some kid staring at his phone with a funny expression. It wasn't during a time out, it was in the middle of the quarter.

I don't wanna come off as being rude for no reason but man that was total BS and if I payed for a single game rather then a monthly subscription to NFHS, I'd be absolutely livid.

haha...
DEFINITELY NOT US! If you're aren't familiar with our work you would have known better! NFHS is a platform for people to stream on, we primarily stream on our YouTube Channel & simulcast on various Comcast Channels when possible. For section playoffs they own the streaming rights so we have to send them our broadcast, but can play on TV if allowed... Here is our last stream of a Logan game vs Moreau last week

13-5 Logan early, the small court isn't good for Logan but MV guards really haven't been able to feed that big guy down low with the high pressure defense of the Thompsons

13-5 Logan early, the small court isn't good for Logan but MV guards really haven't been able to feed that big guy down low with the high pressure defense of the Thompsons
High level game. Logans athlete's are incredible

Reactions: LoganHomer
I really hope it's not upset city tonight, correct me if I'm wrong but Logan losing this game means they wouldn't be able to qualify for the state bracket right?

I'd hate to see them not get a chance because our administration prefers making money and forcing a team thats known for thriving in full court situations to play in a small court against a really smart and well coached team with more size.

45-42 Logan.

Monta Vista lead for most of it, but Thompson had a three point play followed by a steal and lob to Steadman right at the buzzer of the 3rd.

Stuart Hall wins their 17th straight.

University won their game as well.

So in D5 we have:

Semis:
University vs. Clear Lake
Stuart Hall vs. Head Royce/Hoopa Valley Winner

Reactions: jordan24
Nice broadcast and enjoyed the announcers...Especially liked the "drive thru dry cleaner" reference when one of the Logan players had to clean blood off his jersey. Lol!
Congrats to Logan. Should be a good one @ Dublin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT