ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Quarterfinal Games

Anyone have upset alerts for tonight’s games?
I’ll take Redwood over O’Dowd as one of the top games of the night. Redwood D will keep them in the game...and crazy things happen in postseason.

Don't sleep on the Knights! Upset city dot com. That guy can coach.

And duh, of course redwood is gonna beat odowd! They play in the mcal!!! No one is more prepared for this game than redwood.

If both squads make the open I would for sure predict a Branson vs Redwood norcal open final! Who rules!? The MCAL rules!!!

- donnie gigante!

Reactions: SheldonCooper
Don't sleep on the Knights! Upset city dot com. That guy can coach.

And duh, of course redwood is gonna beat odowd! They play in the mcal!!! No one is more prepared for this game than redwood.

If both squads make the open I would for sure predict a Branson vs Redwood norcal open final! Who rules!? The MCAL rules!!!

- donnie gigante!

zzzzzzzzzz ignore button, bye Donnie <3

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
So the Finals Games will be played at the following locations, unless something crazy happens:

D1-D3 - St Mary's in Moraga
D4 - College of Marin
D5 - Kezar Pavilion in SF

D1 - Give me both lower seeds
D2 - The Favorites
D3 - The Favorites (Wish Dishon Jackson was playing!)
D4 - Can't predict it, but St. Mary's/Fortuna is by far the best game on the slate tonight. Whoever wins vs. Branson.
Prior post stated that D3 would be at Albany, is there new information?

Tonight's meaningless predictions:
D5 - Stuart Hall over the much smaller and less talented Hoopa Warriors and as much as I think an upset is a possibility, University will pull away from Clear Lake setting up SH v Uni #4.

Dang dude...it's a great time of the year and you're here saying there's meaningless games going on? This is the best time of the year and a main reason why the NCAA brackets are never ever (well less that .00028%) perfect. Meaningless games are meaningful to the people who play in them. 14 seed Las Lomas over 4 seed Cardinal Newman? or the traditional 11 Tam over 6 Montgomery? On the girls side, Amador Valley (11) over Cal (4)...? these are the fun games to watch. These experiences are all about kids making memories and communities coming together to support their schools. All the schools you mentioned are hoping for a chance at a section title. Not just a meaningless game. Even if the higher seeds win by 40 all the kids are playing for something...

Here's a little fun fact Mr. Damin Downer...1992, the smaller and less talented Hoopa Warriors beat an Emmy (#1 Ranked D5 and #4 in the Bay Area) team lead by All-American Darnell Robinson. Their front line 6'11, 6'8, 6'5. Hoopa's tallest player was 6'2 and the only player over 6 feet. This is the fun thing about high school sports. 9/10 times the higher seed wins. Especially in D5 where the privates always have had the advantage. But that one time, all the stars align and something happens. It's a pretty fun thing to see. Argonaut (also led by a former Hoopa Player), which is also a D5 team out of the SJS upset the odds and led them to a state championship game.

In short, here's to all the rest of the smaller and less talented teams left in post season...that's why they play the game. The odds are against you, but with a little luck and a lot of heart, anything is possible. Even for a team like Hoopa or Cloverdale! ;). #slaythegiants

Last edited:
A lot of people on here struggle with reading comprehension. I'm about to address that with my Dublin buddy in another thread.....

Not to put words in @damim 's mouth, but pretty sure he meant his predictions were meaningless, not the actual games!

D1 - DLS over San Leandro and Dublin over Logan in a chippy battle to the end.
D2 - O'Dowd over Redwood in one of the best games of the semi's and Moreau over Los Lomas ending the storybook run for LL.
D3 - St Joe's will give Salesian a battle for a half then it'll be over. Campo just has too much firepower for SPSV.
D4 - Branson over Piedmont without much explanation needed and St. Mary's upsets Fortuna.
D5 - Stuart Hall over the much smaller and less talented Hoopa Warriors and as much as I think an upset is a possibility, University will pull away from Clear Lake setting up SH v Uni #4.

I agree with all these picks except Fortuna will hold serve vs. St. Mary's.

I'll be at Campo tonight. :) Go COUGARS!

A lot of people on here struggle with reading comprehension. I'm about to address that with my Dublin buddy in another thread.....

Not to put words in @damim 's mouth, but pretty sure he meant his predictions were meaningless, not the actual games!
You are correct sir. I'm the biggest "small school" fan out there! My predictions are meaningless, the games are far from that...

In short, here's to all the rest of the smaller and less talented teams left in post season...that's why they play the game. The odds are against you, but with a little luck and a lot of heart, anything is possible. Even for a team like Hoopa or Cloverdale! ;). #slaythegiants
Relax dude. I rooting for both Hoopa and Clear Lake(not Cloverdale). It's a huge accomplishment for both of these squads and schools. Both have a shot tonight and in norcals so let's just relax and enjoy some high school basketball!

Reactions: ayalar09
Anyone can beat anyone, anytime anywhere. Maybe the baskets don't fall that game, or maybe someone gets a couple of quick fouls.

Best thing any team can do is focus on each game individually and worry about the next game where you get there.

Take nothing for granted.

Anyone can beat anyone, anytime anywhere. Maybe the baskets don't fall that game, or maybe someone gets a couple of quick fouls.

Best thing any team can do is focus on each game individually and worry about the next game where you get there.

Take nothing for granted.
hoopa aint beating salesian

Hall up 82-52 I’m about to head out.

Uni vs Stuart Hall pt 4...like the Rocky movies!!!

D1 Championship (2/22 8PM @ St Mary's College)
James Logan vs. De La Salle - Logan cameback and beat Dublin. Congrats to LoganHomer. Logan is a great team, and this matchup against De La Salle is going to be the ultimate difference in styles. Logan is about the 1-on-1 and taking advantage of their great athleticism, and De La Salle is all about the defense. What a fabulous matchup we get for the D1 NCS Final! Personally regardless of the outcome, both these teams are Open Teams IMO.

D2 Championship (2/23 7PM @ Dublin High School)
Bishop O'Dowd vs. Moreau Catholic - Another fantastic matchup in the D2 division. Two powerhouse programs, and I think both are already Open teams. I expect a high scoring game, and I think even though MC is the 2, they are more than capable of beating BOD.

D3 Championship (2/23 7:30PM @ St. Mary's College)
Salesian's vs. Campolindo - Salesian's continues to play their game of suffocating their opponent on defense, while taking smart shots and using a hard press, to stifle their opponents. Campo will put up a fight, but its going to be a long shot to beat Salesians. Then again beating Salesian's is a long shot for most teams in America! Even if they lost, I would still give them the 1 seed in the Open Division. Campo should have a nice run in CIF, probably seeded in the D1 or D2 bracket.

D4 Championship (2/22 7 PM @ College of Marin)
Branson vs. Fortuna - Fortuna has easily been the most impressive team thus far in NCS. While they had a very solid record, they hadn't exactly played the strongest of schedules. They defended their homeground and earned a date with the defensive-juggernaut known as Branson. A lot on the line here. If Fortuna wins, they might be looking at jumping all the way to the D1 or D2 brackets a la Menlo last year. If Branson wins, they should, though not guaranteed, make the CIF Open Division.

D5 Championship (2/23 7PM @ Kezar Pavilion)
Stuart Hall vs. University - Only game that includes two teams who have played each other THREE times this season. Stuart Hall has won all 3, but none were easy and University has put up some great efforts against the Hall this year. If Stuart Hall can win this game they could easily end up in the D3 bracket, some have told me maybe even D2, but I think D3 is exactly where they belong. University will get a very favorable seed in D4 and will def. be a hard out in that division!

Last edited:
The D2 winner, D1 winner, and Salesian I would guess are in Open. Along with Modesto, Sheldon, Weston Ranch (assuming they win) and the CCS winner. That leaves 1 spot. The committee will have a very tough decision this year with many teams deserving to be in the argument.

The D2 winner, D1 winner, and Salesian I would guess are in Open. Along with Modesto, Sheldon, Weston Ranch (assuming they win) and the CCS winner. That leaves 1 spot. The committee will have a very tough decision this year with many teams deserving to be in the argument.

And they could always send the Central Section winner to the NorCal Open as well. WCAL folks on that thread feel even if SHC wins the Open, they still won’t get an Open bid. It does seem kind of strange with no CCS team standing out as a top 10 team in NorCal. I think Dublin is going to be a high D1 seed after their heartbreaking loss to JL tonight.

If any CCS team gets in over Branson, I will not be pleased. There is not one CCS team that deserves to be in the Open this year.

Would you guys rather see Salesian’s vs Branson or. SHC/Mitty vs Salesian’s?

Too me it’s a complete no brainer!

Damim - Id say no due to Strength of Schedule.

But a D1 seed is likely with a win. Maybe a high one.

Reactions: damim
If any CCS team gets in over Branson, I will not be pleased. There is not one CCS team that deserves to be in the Open this year.

Would you guys rather see Salesian’s vs Branson or. SHC/Mitty vs Salesian’s?

Too me it’s a complete no brainer!
why would they want to go to the open? dont they have a better shot at winning against teams of their own size

To me that’s their own size. It would be rare to have schools have the exact same enrollment number. Both are considerably lower than SHC or Mitty.
I agree. I think Salesian is a special case and although I think Branson could compete, I don't think putting them in the Open makes sense. Just my opinion, nothing else. I could be totally off base.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT