ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Quarterfinal Games

The behaviior of #0 was diplorable and uncalled for while they are a talented team for sure there behavior at times leaves alot to be desired and I wont even go into there erractic play and shot section. there is
NO direction on the bench with the busch brothers being gone.we will see what happens on Wednesday at Dublin there players and coach have boasted in the paper how bad they want Dublin we will see how that turns out.

“No direction on the bench” is a completely made up fictional narrative that you concluded after watching maybe 3 games of the Colts at best. No one on the team, coaching staff, parents or fans would subscribe to that notion.

That same erratic play and shot selection has lead them to one of their best seasons ever, being ranked 25th in the state and the 3rd seed in this bracket.

“No direction on the bench” is a completely made up fictional narrative that you concluded after watching maybe 3 games of the Colts at best. No one on the team, coaching staff, parents or fans would subscribe to that notion.

That same erratic play and shot selection has lead them to one of their best seasons ever, being ranked 25th in the state and the 3rd seed in this bracket.

How can you say someone else’s opinion is a fictional made up narrative? The games i went to i saw no moral on the bench. Players come out not shaking peoples hands. Bench not standing up when subs come in and out. Players paying no attention to Easley during timeouts. Even saw a kid come out the game and walk past all 3 coaches without shaking their hand. People see and take notice to those kinds of things. Players falling on the floor and team mates not running over to help each other up. I’m sure you’re used to bad basketball and low moral when the previous coach was there. But all you look at and continue to say is their record and how many games they’ve won. It’s something a fan would say. Not people who know, played and coached at a high level.

@LoganHomer I am not here to get an a debate over your team i was sharing what i
Thought was some bad bebavior by one of your players and a coaching staff doing nothing about it now if you feel wins justify everything then have at it but I will tell
You this there behavior has been noticed by more than just me Logan was invited to Gridley as well as
Playing in the MLK event at st marys let's see when or if that happens again anytime soon.

Best seasons ever? What exactly have they won? Any preseason tourneys? Didn’t they come in 7th at Gridley and embarrassed themselves with their unsportsmanlike behavior? NCS? Norcal?

Best seasons ever? What exactly have they won? Any preseason tourneys? Didn’t they come in 7th at Gridley and embarrassed themselves with their unsportsmanlike behavior? NCS? Norcal?

So we're not allowed to be proud of our best seasons just because we're not some basketball powerhouse? This program was off the map since the 80s, and now we've have 2 20+ win seasons in the last 3 seasons. Not everyone has the same standards my man, we're never going to be a program that's consistently putting out the best teams and we celebrate teams like this.

@LoganHomer I am not here to get an a debate over your team i was sharing what i
Thought was some bad bebavior by one of your players and a coaching staff doing nothing about it now if you feel wins justify everything then have at it but I will tell
You this there behavior has been noticed by more than just me Logan was invited to Gridley as well as
Playing in the MLK event at st marys let's see when or if that happens again anytime soon.
How can you say someone else’s opinion is a fictional made up narrative? The games i went to i saw no moral on the bench. Players come out not shaking peoples hands. Bench not standing up when subs come in and out. Players paying no attention to Easley during timeouts. Even saw a kid come out the game and walk past all 3 coaches without shaking their hand. People see and take notice to those kinds of things. Players falling on the floor and team mates not running over to help each other up. I’m sure you’re used to bad basketball and low moral when the previous coach was there. But all you look at and continue to say is their record and how many games they’ve won. It’s something a fan would say. Not people who know, played and coached at a high level.

My bad guys, it's hard not to get defensive when theres a page full of people talkin about your program. I understand it's a difference of opinions and you guys have seen things that you find to be unsportsman like/disrespectful.

The guys on the team ride for each other like brothers, they're always out together and they all back up their coach. Things aren't always as they seem but nothing from what has actually come out of the players mouth says they don't listen to the coach. I was trying to explain what we feel on the other side, but I'll stop the constant back and forth.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I apologize for rubbing anyone the wrong way in these exchanges.

Logan has nothing to be ashamed about in terms of their on-court play. Easily one of the best teams in Norcal right now.

The Gridley, they played Sheldon and Dublin.....both losses but close losses, and they have played a pretty difficult schedule.

Reactions: LoganHomer
My bad guys, it's hard not to get defensive when theres a page full of people talkin about your program. I understand it's a difference of opinions and you guys have seen things that you find to be unsportsman like/disrespectful.

The guys on the team ride for each other like brothers, they're always out together and they all back up their coach. Things aren't always as they seem but nothing from what has actually come out of the players mouth says they don't listen to the coach. I was trying to explain what we feel on the other side, but I'll stop the constant back and forth.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I apologize for rubbing anyone the wrong way in these exchanges.
Stand up for your program. I am sure its respected!

1-on-1 basketball only effective against less talented teams, but not against teams with equal or more talent and well coached. You only have to look at Logan’s 5 losses to figure that out. Outside of Sheldon, which is a machine, Logan lost to teams with equal talent, but supremely better coached. Also, not having kids signed isn’t a measuring stick for a talented teams. Some teams may have talented players, but those players may not be signed for academic reasons.
so monte vista was/is which one... less talented, equal talented or better coached? i am going to guess you say better coached... yet the undisciplined fellas from UC beat them...

Oh yeah sure it’s not the coaching but it’s the talent, Logan basketball has been terrible for over a decade but the second Easley took over the team all the talented players stared piling onto Logan.

Even the roster that went 12-14 the year before but went 19-8 with Easley despite having the same core. Or the Roster that went 28-6 all the way to the state championship game without a single D1 player. Or last years team that went 19-8 with a bunch of juniors and a sophomore pointguard.

Give me a break and respect what’s Easley has done. The calls were terrible both ways and to say our players were flopping? Our point guard damn near broke his hand and had to come out the game cause of him diving for the loose ball, the same #0 that flops was on the floor ahead of everyone for every loose ball this season.

This team puts everything on the floor and plays hard for the entire game, consistently attacking the passing lanes and sacrificing their body.
we all know why logan is catagorized as such and their coach is as well.... there is not a team in the section or maybe even outside of nor cal except sheldon that defends like logan does and plays with all out aggression... i mean... that sounds like coaching to me... but some will always pay those extra taxes no matter what

and for the record... those choir boys at monte vista and their coach is not anything to be bragging about... they are just as awful and their coach is quite the piece of work. but hey it usually works like that

we all know why logan is catagorized as such and their coach is as well.... there is not a team in the section or maybe even outside of nor cal except sheldon that defends like logan does and plays with all out aggression... i mean... that sounds like coaching to me... but some will always pay those extra taxes no matter what
You lost me at Sheldon and defense

Reactions: RJ223 and SmoothJay
D5:
Hoopa Valley vs. Stuart Hall (@Kezar 2/20 7:30PM) - Hoopa Valley barely escaped Head-Royce, but they did. So now I don't know whether they go back to Hoopa for a day, then drive back on the 20th, or do they just stay here? All I know is the last time these two met was 2 years ago in the Redwood Classic, and Stuart Hall won by 30+. Hall is currently on a 17-game win streak during which they are surrendering only 45 PPG.

Clear Lake @ University (2/20 7PM) - Just like the Hall, University easily beat their last NCS opponent. What's interesting is usually University plays their NCS games at Kezar, but on Maxpreps the game is listed at University's gym. Clear Lake only has 2 losses (Albany, El Dorado), but they also barely beat the Bay School and Bentley. Will Clear Lake give University a fight, or will it be another blow out?

Last edited:
Any idea why the game wouldn’t be at Kezar?

Probably because Stuart Hall's gym can't hold the necessary number of people required by NCS. I would assume Hoopa will stay here in the Bay Area...no sense in driving home tonight just to head back here 36-48 hours later...that seems like a far 12 hour drive both ways...

SF Section (Mission-Lowell, Lincoln-?) games at Kezar at 4 and 530. Stuart Hall has the 7:00 slot. UHS needs to find another location. The girls team played at UHS the other night so although tight maybe good enough.

so monte vista was/is which one... less talented, equal talented or better coached? i am going to guess you say better coached... yet the undisciplined fellas from UC beat them...
Except for #23, MV had no other player that could match up skill-wise and athletically with Logan. So, IMO, Logan much more talented than MV at just about every position.

Probably because Stuart Hall's gym can't hold the necessary number of people required by NCS. I would assume Hoopa will stay here in the Bay Area...no sense in driving home tonight just to head back here 36-48 hours later...that seems like a far 12 hour drive both ways...

University's gym is the same size as Stuart Hall. Literally one row of benches, but at least the Hall has some standing room on the 2nd level.

The game between Hoopa/SHHS isn't until 7:30PM tomorrow night, so my guess is they did go back to Hoopa from Oakland last night. Went to school today, and will probably leave Hoopa around Noon tomorrow. Feel bad for those Hoopa kids, who will have to suffer through around 24 hours worth of bus rides over the last 48 hours!

I heard Hoopa had a really good contingent of fans at the Head Royce game and I'd expect the same on Wednesday. Those schools up north are use to traveling so I wouldn't expect it to affect them much. SH simply is much better than them, but the Hoopa crowd will be there in full support. Their guard averaging 30 a game has been keyed on heavily in both games so far and held to the upper teens in both games. I doubt they'll be much of a challenge.

As for Clear Lake, on a Wednesday afternoon driving down 101 that could be an easy 3 plus hour trip one way. From what I've read they also have solid fan support and I'd assume they'll travel well too. I'd expect the University gym to be busting at the seams. University might get a little fight from them as they seem pretty scrappy and well rounded, but in the end University is just better.

It's not often that the smaller public schools get these opportunities so when they do it's pretty special. Both will be in Norcals and my guess is at least Clear Lake will get a pretty high seed in D5 even if they lose tomorrow.

Reactions: ayalar09
I heard Hoopa had a really good contingent of fans at the Head Royce game and I'd expect the same on Wednesday. Those schools up north are use to traveling so I wouldn't expect it to affect them much. SH simply is much better than them, but the Hoopa crowd will be there in full support. Their guard averaging 30 a game has been keyed on heavily in both games so far and held to the upper teens in both games. I doubt they'll be much of a challenge.

I think Clear Lake and Hoopa could be higher seeds depending on how close the games are. If they're blowouts, it will impact their overall seed. Will Stuart Hall move up 1 or 2 divisions?

University's gym is the same size as Stuart Hall. Literally one row of benches, but at least the Hall has some standing room on the 2nd level.

The game between Hoopa/SHHS isn't until 7:30PM tomorrow night, so my guess is they did go back to Hoopa from Oakland last night. Went to school today, and will probably leave Hoopa around Noon tomorrow. Feel bad for those Hoopa kids, who will have to suffer through around 24 hours worth of bus rides over the last 48 hours!

Hoopa stayed in the Bay but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed! Rest assured that the Hoopa faithful will be in full force tomorrow night. Hope it's a good game!

Reactions: ayalar09
Hoopa stayed in the Bay but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed! Rest assured that the Hoopa faithful will be in full force tomorrow night. Hope it's a good game!

Excited to see what the Hoopa Valley faithful bring to Kezar tomorrow night.

I know the Kingdom will be out in full force behind the Knights!

Battle to see who makes the Championship!

Reactions: coach_augie
Alright Folks....The Semi-Finals are here and only one game has yet to be played (Thanks Urban). Here they are:

D1
San Leandro @ De La Salle (2/20 7:30PM) - This should be an awesome game, and a defensive battle for the ages. Keshad Johnson probably facing his stiffest challenge yet, but this one should be a darn good one.

James Logan @ Dublin (2/20 7PM) - A Gridley Rematch! Two Top 25 teams battle it out and I see a more offense-oriented game in this one. Logan seems to rely on their athleticism, and they are going to have trouble if they try to go one-on-one with any of the Dublin players, especially Robby Beasley. In December, Dublin won 72-60....I picture this game being a little closer.

D2
Redwood @ Bishop O'Dowd (2/20 7PM) - O'Dowd will be favored in this one, but I think Redwood will give them a good fight. O'Dowd has only lost two games against California teams. Once to San Leandro, Once to Salesians. Redwood's only losses recently have come at the hands of Branson.

Las Lomas @ Moreau Catholic (2/20 7PM) - Last years Las Lomas team had a very special run. People saw that one coming. No one saw Las Lomas taking two games against higher ranked opponents. Before getting their NCS bid Lomas lost 6 out of 7 games. MC's only two losses outside of the Bay Area were to James Logan. MC the better team, but Las Lomas is extremely hot right now!

D3
Salesians vs. SJND (@ Albany HS 2/20 7PM) - I don't know why Salesian's isn't playing at their gym for this one, but SJND should be happy with this location. Salesian's is arguably the best basketball team in the Country, and unarguably the best team in Northern California. SJND is led by one of the best coaches in the entire bay area, Don Lippi. I think SJND is going to put up a good fight in this game, and anyone who gets to witness this one, will be witnessing basketball poetry in motion!

SPSV @ Campolindo (2/20 7PM) - SPSV has been able to survive without their star center Dishon Jackson for this long. Unfortunately Campolindo isn't Ranco Cotate or Miramonte. SPSV beat Campo by 2 when they met at the MLK Classic, this is an awesome revenge game and it needs to be said the D3 bracket is pretty darn entertaining.

D4
Piedmont vs. Branson (College of Marin 2/20 7PM) - Branson has won 24 games in a row. There have been a ton of really good Branson teams, maybe this one is the best version. Their defense is suffocating, they play smart basketball and always have a solid game plan. Piedmont has had a great season, but Branson has a HUGE edge in this game.

Saint Mary's @ Fortuna (2/20 7PM) - A great game between two teams, who are going to give it their all for a shot at Branson. Fortuna's only loss this year came to Menlo-Atherton, while Saint Mary's has had a solid season, and is well deserving of a 3-seed. Fortuna has a huge edge with homecourt, and Saint Mary's will be making the longest trip to the Semi-Finals with a 4-hour long bus ride there, and another 4-hours back.

D5
WILL DO WRITE UP WHEN FINAL GAME IS PLAYED MONDAY

I saw NCS D1 girls and guys championship games will be played on Friday night at St. Mary's College………… Anyone know where and which day/night the rest of the championship games will be played? D2, D3, and D4 specifically?

Asking for a friend...… thanks!

-donnie d5 football

I saw NCS D1 girls and guys championship games will be played on Friday night at St. Mary's College………… Anyone know where and which day/night the rest of the championship games will be played? D2, D3, and D4 specifically?

-donnie d5 football

I’m thinking D2 & D3 will likely be at SMC on Saturday. D4 Finals are not normally held there, more likely more north depending on which teams make the finals.

-donnie d5 football
according to NCS channel on NFHS Network, D2 and D5 will be played at St. Mary's College, D3 at Albany HS, and D4 at Kezar Pavillion

according to NCS channel on NFHS Network, D2 and D5 will be played at St. Mary's College, D3 at Albany HS, and D4 at Kezar Pavillion

Hopefully that’s just the temporary projection. If Fortuna & Branson are the D4 boys teams and SPSV & Del Norte are the D4 girls teams, Kezar would be an extremely long haul for all those teams and their fans.

Likewise the D5 teams slated for SMC could be Hoopa & Clear Lake (although not likely), and St. Bernard’s and Cloverdale on the girls side.

That’s my guess why they haven’t officially posted them on the NCS website, other than D1 who are all from the East Bay.

Anyone have upset alerts for tonight’s games?
I’ll take Redwood over O’Dowd as one of the top games of the night. Redwood D will keep them in the game...and crazy things happen in postseason.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
So the Finals Games will be played at the following locations, unless something crazy happens:

D1-D3 - St Mary's in Moraga
D4 - College of Marin
D5 - Kezar Pavilion in SF

D1 - Give me both lower seeds
D2 - The Favorites
D3 - The Favorites (Wish Dishon Jackson was playing!)
D4 - Can't predict it, but St. Mary's/Fortuna is by far the best game on the slate tonight. Whoever wins vs. Branson.

So the Finals Games will be played at the following locations, unless something crazy happens:

D1-D3 - St Mary's in Moraga
D4 - College of Marin
D5 - Kezar Pavilion in SF

Not according to Espot and the NFHS network. The NCS site is still blank except for D1 at SMC.
Where did you get this information Ayalar?

Tonight's meaningless predictions:

D1 - DLS over San Leandro and Dublin over Logan in a chippy battle to the end.
D2 - O'Dowd over Redwood in one of the best games of the semi's and Moreau over Los Lomas ending the storybook run for LL.
D3 - St Joe's will give Salesian a battle for a half then it'll be over. Campo just has too much firepower for SPSV.
D4 - Branson over Piedmont without much explanation needed and St. Mary's upsets Fortuna.
D5 - Stuart Hall over the much smaller and less talented Hoopa Warriors and as much as I think an upset is a possibility, University will pull away from Clear Lake setting up SH v Uni #4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT