ADVERTISEMENT

North Bay /classic

another fun topic i've never known the answer to - why doesn't Maria Carrillo ever produce any squads in football/basketball/baseball?

Is it a lack of leadership at AD and coaching level? Is it that artists go to Sants Rosa, athletes go to Monty and Windsor, and there's something you go to MC for that i'm unaware of?

I haven't been in the area for 5+ years, Brian Johnson was the best player from the yesrs I watched, and AJ John went D1 but didnt have a supporting cast.
They are a wealthy public school which does well in the country club sports. They have also dominated in cross country forever...I think they have won somewhere in the neighborhood of 19 straight NBL titles.

another fun topic i've never known the answer to - why doesn't Maria Carrillo ever produce any squads in football/basketball/baseball?

Is it a lack of leadership at AD and coaching level? Is it that artists go to Sants Rosa, athletes go to Monty and Windsor, and there's something you go to MC for that i'm unaware of?

I haven't been in the area for 5+ years, Brian Johnson was the best player from the yesrs I watched, and AJ John went D1 but didnt have a supporting cast.
Low blow. Let's not go knocking coaches...or administration. We're better than that @Bitter Branson Fan there's no competitive anomalies in this county. Just ask @northbaybbguru

Highly competitive game! Except for CN boat racing the Vikes at CN all the way back in early December, these rivalry games always seem to be close. I think @northbaybbguru & @larry legend33 would both agree that the NBL is fun to watch again and the level of play is elevated quite a bit from year's past, and we know some others that will oppose...but that's just the way peanut butter cookie crumbles...

Fees are all paid up over at www.upsetcity.com

• Love
Reactions: larry legend33
Highly competitive game! Except for CN boat racing the Vikes at CN all the way back in early December, these rivalry games always seem to be close. I think @northbaybbguru & @larry legend33 would both agree that the NBL is fun to watch again and the level of play is elevated quite a bit from year's past, and we know some others that will oppose...but that's just the way peanut butter cookie crumbles...

Fees are all paid up over at www.upsetcity.com
We knew if would be a tough league and games going to the wire nightly. The parity at the top is great to see.

Newman all over Analy 50-24. They held them to 7 second half points. Looks like that final game of year against Windsor will be for title.
Windsor handled Piner 61-50 in other NBL action.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Newman and Monty beat up on AC pretty bad. Curious to see how JS does against them. I’m assuming a double digit win.
Legend - Terrible scheduling by AC that turns out helpful. They played Vintage Friday night and one of their better players received 2 T's so could not play yesterday. If they did not have Montgomery he would have been suspended for tomorrow's game. League is tough(the league is not good but league games are tough). If Justin-Siena wins by double digits I will be surprised.

Legend - Terrible scheduling by AC that turns out helpful. They played Vintage Friday night and one of their better players received 2 T's so could not play yesterday. If they did not have Montgomery he would have been suspended for tomorrow's game. League is tough(the league is not good but league games are tough). If Justin-Siena wins by double digits I will be surprised.
Ok gotcha! Something seemed off.
Folsom had a bad scheduling issue this week also.
They play a rival game against OR that gets over 10pm Friday and have to drive at 9am next morning down to CC to play a tough and rested Moreau team. Heard kellen Hampton was a load for Folsom to deal with. Maybe it didn’t matter but it’s tough to play back to back within 14 hours.

Reactions: SmoothJay
Speaking of scheduling mishaps... The NBL scheduled back to back games for teams to play this upcoming Friday and then Saturday...hopefully it doesn't matter, but this should never happen.

Last edited:
Speaking of scheduling mishaps... The NBL scheduled back to back games for teams to play this upcoming Friday and then Saturday...hopefully it doesn't matter, but this should never happen.
Yeah vikes got hosed on that one. Fortunately they should be 2 W’s if they take care of biz. Should have been a Thursday game.

Ok gotcha! Something seemed off.
Folsom had a bad scheduling issue this week also.
They play a rival game against OR that gets over 10pm Friday and have to drive at 9am next morning down to CC to play a tough and rested Moreau team. Heard kellen Hampton was a load for Folsom to deal with. Maybe it didn’t matter but it’s tough to play back to back within 14 hours.
Justin-Siena 72 American Canyon 51..

Larry - you were correct.

University is loaded. We scheduled Sacred Heart Prep this weekend and are going to Atherton. That would be a good common opponent between us and University. When we share the ball we are very good. We will see how things go the next few weeks.

University is loaded. We scheduled Sacred Heart Prep this weekend and are going to Atherton. That would be a good common opponent between us and University. When we share the ball we are very good. We will see how things go the next few weeks.
Good luck. I would love to catch a game in playoffs.

Newman Beat Carrillo 48-25 to improve 22-1. Looks like showdown for league title next week against Windsor. But Windsor has Montgomery and Newman still has Piner to get thru. Can you say upsetcity.com? @UncleYacht @northbaybbguru
www.upsetcity.com has added some much needed space for the anticipatory elevated traffic levels these next 3 weeks. I had @northbaybbguru beef up security on the site and he assured me that we were all paid up with godaddy. Us crafty veteran fans know better than to look ahead to next week's contests. Gotta stay focused on the present! BTW SRV/Granada was highly competitive last night!

www.upsetcity.com has added some much needed space for the anticipatory elevated traffic levels these next 3 weeks. I had @northbaybbguru beef up security on the site and he assured me that we were all paid up with godaddy. Us crafty veteran fans know better than to look ahead to next week's contests. Gotta stay focused on the present! BTW SRV/Granada was highly competitive last night!
Yacht must have a crystal ball as Analy goes into Windsor tonight and get the upset!

Whats the crystal ball say about the NFL games on sunday?

Yacht must have a crystal ball as Analy goes into Windsor tonight and get the upset!

Whats the crystal ball say about the NFL games on sunday?
Wow! Huge. Windsor has to get past Montgomery still too. You can never underestimate the NBL on a Friday night right fellas? And how about ukiah winning first league title since 1990! I remember that team well. A NY City PG showed up in ukiah and took the league by storm. Wildcat bill Heath is smiling.

Crystal ball will be 0-2.. Stick to the North Bay.
You gotta stay positive! Kelce does a lot for KC...and Shanny has some hole card plays up his sleeves. I just measured my glass, guess what? Precisely HALF FULL!

Underdogs bark and dig holes together.

Wow! Huge. Windsor has to get past Montgomery still too. You can never underestimate the NBL on a Friday night right fellas? And how about ukiah winning first league title since 1990! I remember that team well. A NY City PG showed up in ukiah and took the league by storm. Wildcat bill Heath is smiling.
I have very little doubt that if the site were up back then, Wild Bill would have frequented www.upsetcity.com very often. Vikes head to Analy tonight both playing the 2nd of a back to back...Thanks NBL.... Guess we will find out if @northbaybbguru updates are daily over at www.upsetcity.com or every other day like that lazy site maxpreps...

You gotta stay positive! Kelce does a lot for KC...and Shanny has some hole card plays up his sleeves. I just measured my glass, guess what? Precisely HALF FULL!

Underdogs bark and dig holes together.
Yacht -

Ask guru, you should be happy I disagree!!!!!

• Love
@larry legend33 It looks like the Vikes back to back match up was a little softer than the Panthers. Vikes got up early against Analy in Sebastapol and never looked back...But just across the 101 @northbaybbguru let me know CN was up 44-10 at half at SR...I almost asked him to confirm he was at the boys game...(wink wink)

And now we officially look to next week, Windsor still has a path, but it looks like the team with one loss ALL YEAR may be playing their best ball of the year and certainly at the right time.

There is still a path for a 3way tie for 1st. But it entails Monty and Piner beating Windsor and CN on Weds. If that happens a Windsor win on Friday over CN means a 3 way tie. So by no means is the league title decided but i would agree that tonights CN win was the most complete game I"ve seen them play all season. Definitely a good time to be playing their best ball.

There is still a path for a 3way tie for 1st. But it entails Monty and Piner beating Windsor and CN on Weds. If that happens a Windsor win on Friday over CN means a 3 way tie. So by no means is the league title decided but i would agree that tonights CN win was the most complete game I"ve seen them play all season. Definitely a good time to be playing their best ball.
CN seems to be peaking at the right time. They just don’t need to look past a good Piner team.
NCS D2 is Just brutal though!

Yacht -

As positive as I can be.... 0-2
I guess that's why they play the games @winetot right. Early Injuries and rogue(some not all) flags played huge roles. If 49ers challenge early or booth review on that 4th & 3 and Kansas City doesn't literally get every flag then maybe different outcomes. Laughable analysis after 49ers game...The Eagles offense dominated the 49ers defense....no way, really, the 49ers literally didn't have a passing game...pretty easy to stop the run when you know they aren't going to throw it...and then put the 49ers D back on the field...immediately. 49ers had a great year all things included and so did the Bengals. Goodell got what he wanted, his Eagles and Mahomes in the Super Bowl...

No upsets last night in the NBL.
Newman takes care of biz against Piner 59-50 to improve to 24-1 and sets up a huge champ game on Friday against 19-6 Windsor, who beat Montgomery 64-52. Going to be a tough ticket to get your hands on. This is why they play the game kids.

@UncleYacht
@northbaybbguru
@winetot

Who do u have? Windsor or Newman?
I got newman 55-50. Cline plays better this time around and Newman takes NBL.

If they win post season tourney they would be sitting 28-1. I’m sure that gets them to ncs open.
Couple of notes:

The schools don't like each other. The students dislike each other. The admins don't like each other. The town of Windsor itself not fans of Newman.

THIS.... is a straight hatred game.

And for it to be Windsor's SENIOR NIGHT and for the NBL championship???

Watch out...lol

Get there early to grab a seat and sit back and watch the players (and each schools cheer section) get after each other with no holds barred action.

THIS is why you play the game! If you can't get excited for a game like this then you shouldn't be playing. Games like tonight are what it's all about and for the players it will be remembered at reunions and get togethers for yrs to come.

As a spectator I can't wait. I can only imagine how the players must feel.

Lets go!!!

@UncleYacht
@northbaybbguru
@winetot

Who do u have? Windsor or Newman?
I got newman 55-50. Cline plays better this time around and Newman takes NBL.

If they win post season tourney they would be sitting 28-1. I’m sure that gets them to ncs open.
I think it will come down to the last possession...as it should. For me it's a coin flip. I'm taking the home team by a bucket at the buzzer. To quote someone at Windsor's last game at MHS "Russotti looked like the best athlete in the county tonight, he got whatever he wanted." And I totally agree. I think CN gets in Open with win or loss. Great consistency all year long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT