ADVERTISEMENT

North Bay /classic

Newman going to lose to Windsor again. Impressive to beat them 3x! 58-54
Also I think Petaluma upset Justin which is quite a shocker. Def a lot of shakeup in d2 now. Newman probably drops to a 4-5. Ouch

Petaluma beat Justin-Siena 51-48 in VVAL final.. Petaluma controlled the tempo and made more plays. I would guess that they won every 50-50 ball in the second half....

Reactions: larry legend33
#5 CN
#4 Windsor

Are we ready for Round4 at Windsor friday night?

Lets goooooo!!!!!.....
That’s pretty weak. Windsor should have been 3 seed.
Gotta figure that favors newman because it’s hard to beat somebody 4x. But who knows. NBL didn’t get any love. Let’s see what they can do.

That’s pretty weak. Windsor should have been 3 seed.
Gotta figure that favors newman because it’s hard to beat somebody 4x. But who knows. NBL didn’t get any love. Let’s see what they can do.
Larry - You need to stop.... you are a big Jinx

Windsor should not be the #3... They lost to the #6, #7, #9 and #12 seeds in D2 and lost to Justin-Siena who lost last night to the #11 seed in D2..... Las Lomas beat Campo, so they have a much better quality win than Windsor's 3 wins over Newman.....Unfortunately that is the best seeding scenario for that division. The Oak and VVAL just have a lot of teams in the bracket which causes these kind of potential match ups.

Windsor should not be the #3... They lost to the #6, #7, #9 and #12 seeds in D2 and lost to Justin-Siena who lost last night to the #11 seed in D2..... Las Lomas beat Campo, so they have a much better quality win than Windsor's 3 wins over Newman.....Unfortunately that is the best seeding scenario for that division. The Oak and VVAL just have a lot of teams in the bracket which causes these kind of potential match ups.

Not sure, that your argument holds water. Las Lomas finished 3rd in there league, yes windsor lost to Montgomery #6. They lost the first game of the year to Alameda and second game of the year to American Canyon minus there football guys with a 7 man roster and a new coach who started days before these games. They lost to Acalanes early in OT but so did Las Lomas. Acalanes is a good team, if memory serves me correctly they battled Campo to 4 point game just a few weeks ago. A loss to Justin Sienna, Las Lomas lost to them by 27! Las Lomas win over Campo was a big win but Newman has been ranked ahead of them all year, a lot of people on this board had them as a possible open team and they beat them 3 times! Those wins are over a top five team according to maxpreps, let's be honest here. This was about one thing and one thing only the MONEY the NCS wants to make off a possible round 2 match up with Cardinal Newman. The teams in the northbay need to win some playoff games and gain a little bit of respect. Las Lomas got a gift at 3, but it is what it is ..... can't cry over it now! But definitely a weak move by the NCS committee

Not sure, that your argument holds water. Las Lomas finished 3rd in there league, yes windsor lost to Montgomery #6. They lost the first game of the year to Alameda and second game of the year to American Canyon minus there football guys with a 7 man roster and a new coach who started days before these games. They lost to Acalanes early in OT but so did Las Lomas. Acalanes is a good team, if memory serves me correctly they battled Campo to 4 point game just a few weeks ago. A loss to Justin Sienna, Las Lomas lost to them by 27! Las Lomas win over Campo was a big win but Newman has been ranked ahead of them all year, a lot of people on this board had them as a possible open team and they beat them 3 times! Those wins are over a top five team according to maxpreps, let's be honest here. This was about one thing and one thing only the MONEY the NCS wants to make off a possible round 2 match up with Cardinal Newman. The teams in the northbay need to win some playoff games and gain a little bit of respect. Las Lomas got a gift at 3, but it is what it is ..... can't cry over it now! But definitely a weak move by the NCS committee
Exactly. Windsor is 17-2 since losing to Justin also. Team has played very well after there football guys got in shape.
But it’s going to take a lot to knock off campo and redwood regardless. Wish all these kids best of luck.
Have fun and leave it on court.

I understand what you are saying but the committee does not care about when you lost to a team or who played or did not play. They also do not take into consideration point differential. Cardinal Newman was ranked higher for the majority of the season because their pre-season schedule was not as strong as Campolindo's and they did not lose a game. Unfortunately, the North Bay is not held in the same regard as the East Bay in the seeding meetings. I do not think money was the reason, I think it was strength of schedule(Las Lomas 14.3, WIndsor 11.6) and East Bay bias.

Last edited:
I was actually hoping for a Petaluma/AC rematch. Some Petaluma fans were HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL after the win at AC on 2/3...Gotta believe that didn't sit well with AC.

All I know is the NBL Oak actually won 2 section playoff games last night. 5th place Analy and 4th place Piner both won. Thats a great start! Now lets see how Windsor, CN and Monty do tonight! Dare i dream 3-0? And a 5-0 1st round? 🤯

Its been a looooooonnnggggg time since we've been able to say that!

Reactions: UncleYacht
I was actually hoping for a Petaluma/AC rematch. Some Petaluma fans were HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL after the win at AC on 2/3...Gotta believe that didn't sit well with AC.
Yacht -

They played in the first round of the VVAL tournament. Petaluma jumped them, AC fought back and made it a competitive game in the 4th quarter. AC did not appear as though they even wanted to be there at the beginning but thankfully turned it around.

All I know is the NBL Oak actually won 2 section playoff games last night. 5th place Analy and 4th place Piner both won. Thats a great start! Now lets see how Windsor, CN and Monty do tonight! Dare i dream 3-0? And a 5-0 1st round? 🤯

Its been a looooooonnnggggg time since we've been able to say that!
@UncleYacht and I have been on the NBL wagon all year. I like our chances guru. Not saying we are getting to norcal but I see a couple wins for some of these guys. Piner has a tough game against SPSV in round 2. They aren’t big but they compete and have played a brutal schedule.

Newman 54
American canyon 36.

Monty 47
Petaluma 42

NBL looking good

Last edited:
0-2 tonight. There is at least one guaranteed winner tomorrow night.. The first round had them against the VVAL, which was 0-3. I am certain I said the VVAL was not the most awesome league in the State a few months ago and I am sticking with my assessment on North Bay basketball.

• Love
0-2 tonight. There is at least one guaranteed winner tomorrow night.. The first round had them against the VVAL, which was 0-3. I am certain I said the VVAL was not the most awesome league in the State a few months ago and I am sticking with my assessment on North Bay basketball.
Let’s not get carried away. Nobody had analy winning or even going this far and Piner loses a dog fight by 4 to a scrappy SVSP team. Piner had a great season with several OT loses and was right in the thick of it.

Monty doesn’t have the offensive power to hang with LL. They gotta keep game in high 40’s to have a chance.

Round 4 with Windsor. I mean figure it out newman.

Actually , Montgomery can beat Las Lomas if they take care of the ball . Las Lomas only knows how to play one way.

Actually , Montgomery can beat Las Lomas if they take care of the ball . Las Lomas only knows how to play one way.
Gotta score and knock down some jumpers though.
LL caught fire at right time. Let’s see if that continues.
Arrow will have them ready for sure. Kids should feel good about Petaluma win.

#5 CN
#4 Windsor

Are we ready for Round4 at Windsor friday night?

Lets goooooo!!!!!.....
Who wins Round 4 @northbaybbguru @winetot @larry legend33 ? I'm taking CN strictly because of Windsor having to beat a very solid CN team 4 times in a row and that is really hard to do. Hopefully the stars come out firing and give the crowd 1 heck of a show...Don't sleep on that Windsor snack bar either... I think both these teams can do damage moving forward...but only one can. Very evenly matched up, should be an awesome game to catch in person. The Vikes travel to WC to take on an enfuego Las Lomas team led by the #22 Mad Dogg. Let's see if the Vikes visit www.upsetcity.com one more time just like they did a couple years back when they were a heavy underdog...

Who wins Round 4 @northbaybbguru @winetot @larry legend33 ? I'm taking CN strictly because of Windsor having to beat a very solid CN team 4 times in a row and that is really hard to do. Hopefully the stars come out firing and give the crowd 1 heck of a show...Don't sleep on that Windsor snack bar either... I think both these teams can do damage moving forward...but only one can. Very evenly matched up, should be an awesome game to catch in person. The Vikes travel to WC to take on an enfuego Las Lomas team led by the #22 Mad Dogg. Let's see if the Vikes visit www.upsetcity.com one more time just like they did a couple years back when they were a heavy underdog...
Cline shows up and I like newman. He has been great all year but has struggled against Windsor. Huge game. Kramer vs Taylor. Lots of Emotion in this one.

Vikings will not go down easy. That is for sure. Keep it below 50 and I like their chances.

Playoff basketball at its best.

Windsor is 3-0 vs CN this season by a combined 11pts accounting for CNs only 3 losses.

None of that matters.

The only one that truly counts is game 4. Lose and season over.

The game is already sold out. Get there early to get a good seat!

Lets goooooooo!!!
Going to be a lot of unhappy patrons not let in...

Alameda held Redwood to 32 points... What is the at large criteria? Is Redwood season over?
pretty sure you need to reach at least semi finals in ncs d2 to move on. They have to be done. Ukiah scored 42 for Pete sake. Scoring 32 pts in a Hs game they should be done.

Quite a last minute in the CN /Windsor game as Windsor made a furious charge (with the help of some head scratching referee calls or no calls) to cut it to 1 with the ball and ultimately having Sam Cline block the potenial go ahead shot. CN hit all their FTs and held on.

Some early happenings...

Hayden Anderson (Windsor) rolled his ankle the 1st minute of the game and didnt return.

CN had early 1st half foul trouble for Cline(2), Krilich(3) and Camara(3) that had the CN faithful on edge.

Quite a last minute in the CN /Windsor game as Windsor made a furious charge (with the help of some head scratching referee calls or no calls) to cut it to 1 with the ball and ultimately having Sam Cline block the potenial go ahead shot. CN hit all their FTs and held on.
Going to be heavy under dogs on the road against campo.
In d2 do you have to make it to finals to advance? I wanna say yes.but wasn’t sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT