ADVERTISEMENT

North Bay /classic

Newman needs to test themselves in the preseason. Their best win is vs Lincoln (SF). They shouldn’t be rewarded with an automatic NorCal bid with their soft schedule. At least Branson went to Gridley and beat Dublin.
Today I’d have 3 EBAL - DLS, DV, Dublin, Clayton Valley, Salesian & Branson.

Reactions: M.C. fan
This game is on NFHS... I'll be on this as soon as I get home from Dublin.
Windsor has a phenomenal snack bar if you decide to make the drive up North on 101. Rumor has it...Guy Fieri spiced up the menu right before the season started.

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
I think it will be a great game as well. I think that Newman will do a better job on Russotti than Montgomery did but he for sure is a handful. It is hard to predict because of all the things Guru mentioned. Who is assigned to officiate the game?

Reactions: UncleYacht
I think it will be a great game as well. I think that Newman will do a better job on Russotti than Montgomery did but he for sure is a handful. It is hard to predict because of all the things Guru mentioned. Who is assigned to officiate the game?
Hopefully the two best refs available.

Guys so is shaunessey tourney…
#1 Windsor vs #4 Piner
#2 Newman vs #3 Monty?

Never easy beating a good Team 3x in same season.
This will be fun.

• Love
After having the privilege of sharing a couple diet cokes with @northbaybbguru and retired contributor Donnie Peckerwood this afternoon, we all agreed on a possible scenario that a couple teams from the NBL Oak could end up facing each other 4 times this year. Pretty crazy to think about. The match ups should be interesting, and then the seedings will be even more interesting....I challenge @larry legend33 to throw up a mock D2 seedings... for NCS

Reactions: larry legend33
I'll take a crack at it, obviously everyone moves up if SRV gets the NCS open nod. Salesian is a lock.

1. Salesian (NCS open lock)
2. SRV ( possible NCS open)
3. Redwood
4. Campo
5. Windsor
6. Newman
7. Alameda
8. Benicia
9. Montgomery
10. Las Lomas
11. Acalanes
12. Bethel
13. Ukiah
14. Petaluma
15. American Canyon
16. Vallejo

Washington, Vintage ( if 2 open teams)

@UncleYacht ,
This is why we play the game! I’m going to assume newman avenges losses and beats Windsor in league tourney. But if that happens they could maybe squeak into open?
Also, I’m going to assume Salesian is in open.

My top 12

1. SRV
2. Newman
3. Redwood
4. Campo
5. Windsor
6. Montgomery
7. Alameda
8. Benicia
9. LL
10. Acalanes
11. Ukiah
12. Petaluma

@UncleYacht ,
This is why we play the game! I’m going to assume newman avenges losses and beats Windsor in league tourney. But if that happens they could maybe squeak into open?
Also, I’m going to assume Salesian is in open.

My top 12

1. SRV
2. Newman
3. Redwood
4. Campo
5. Windsor
6. Montgomery
7. Alameda
8. Benicia
9. LL
10. Acalanes
11. Ukiah
12. Petaluma

Not sure how newman gets ahead of windsor losing to them twice

I’m assuming newman beats Windsor In league tourney. If they do their resume and ranking will be higher and I see them seeded around #2. If they don’t they will likely slip to 4-5 type. D2 is going to be a dog fight regardless. Ukiah isn’t chop liver and they will barely be a top 12.

Larry is a CN homer.... Speaking of homers... Justin-Siena beat Petaluma to finish 12-0 in the VVAL.

Wednesday's games:
#1 Justin-Siena versus #4 VIntage
#2 Petaluma versus #3 American Canyon

Games at Casa Grande because AC's administration did not want to host. AC is by far the best gym in the league, unfortunate.

Larry is a CN homer.... Speaking of homers... Justin-Siena beat Petaluma to finish 12-0 in the VVAL.

Wednesday's games:
#1 Justin-Siena versus #4 VIntage
#2 Petaluma versus #3 American Canyon

Games at Casa Grande because AC's administration did not want to host. AC is by far the best gym in the league, unfortunate.
Shame on AC Admin! The Big House ain't that big! @larry legend33 likes Montgomery and Piner too, take that Homer comment back, doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
I’m just going by max preps rankings, SOS, and assumed CN would win tourney. (Which is a big assumption) I’ve liked Piner, Monty, and Windsor all year as well. Going to be a dog fight so get your favorite TV dinner tray ready if you can’t make it because Dave Cox will likely be dishing up some good stuff on ysn.

Wow… @UncleYacht , upsetcity almost came to prospector nation. Sounds like a tough loss to Windsor in OT. I think Piner has lost at least 2-3 OT games this year.
Could be a dangerous d3 team.

Yacht - Redwood and Branson are both a little better than our teams up North and should compete well with anyone..

When you get your golf cart fixed, pick up guru and come over to Napa and I’ll treat you guys to Silverado for all the grief I give you !
@winetot , spoken like a true winner!
Will newman get Windsor tnite in round3?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT