ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan

NorCalBasketballFan

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 12, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
Heard at the Sheldon tournament this weekend that Riordan has added a 7 footer that is a high major caliber player. Anybody know anything? If so I would have to guess that puts them right there with Sheldon as NorCal favorites and pushes them past Mitty in the WCAL.

With all these guys that are coming in, the coach better win at least the Norcal open. If they don’t do that it will be a failure. Jelani, Bryce and an active 7 footer amongst all the other pieces they have. Deck is stacked.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
To say they better win the norcal open or a season would be a failure is a bit much there are alot of good quality programs that
will be more then capable of getting to a norcal open final Sheldon, Modesto christian, mitty
salesian,DLS,Weston ranch to name a few. Riordan winning there league first and a ccs open division is going to tough enough to do with the quality of that league which I believe is hands down the best league to follow this upcoming season.

Heard at the Sheldon tournament this weekend that Riordan has added a 7 footer that is a high major caliber player. Anybody know anything? If so I would have to guess that puts them right there with Sheldon as NorCal favorites and pushes them past Mitty in the WCAL.
Posted about this earlier on Dougherty thread where somebody picked Mitty And Bellarmine to fight for the WCAL title. I Bet he is from wherever Riny Riny and Chan Ngot are from

Just watched his Hudl videos. He's got plus awareness around the basket and real good feet. He'd be better served going to the basketball academies and playing against other skilled 7-footers.

His name is Elhadji Moth Seck
Kids call him Moor
He played high school last season in Daytona Beach Florida. Played on the EYBL circuit with the NightRydas...there is your inside information.

Coach Monroe, I noticed the Crusaders had a player #31 in the SMC Camp highlights. Is he a new player, too? Looks like Jelani and Bryce will have some players that our opponents will need to take into account as well as having very good depth. Hope your Summer is going well!

Coach Monroe, I noticed the Crusaders had a player #31 in the SMC Camp highlights. Is he a new player, too? Looks like Jelani and Bryce will have some players that our opponents will need to take into account as well as having very good depth. Hope your Summer is going well!
Yes they added Rob, not sure of his eligibility as of yet. This team definitely will be a TEAM with legit players on the court. Summer is going well. Hope your is as well. It's been a blast not coaching and chilling in the stands with all the best coaches(parents).

I was in attendance at the lick wilmerding tournament over the weekend and i was very impressed with riordans depth. Clark and Monroe was not there but they had a player from JVs last year and Lee fill in their spots respectfully. Does anyone have any details on that JV player from last year? Competition was not good, but it was nice to see Riordan be the center of attention of the weekend.

I was in attendance at the lick wilmerding tournament over the weekend and i was very impressed with riordans depth. Clark and Monroe was not there but they had a player from JVs last year and Lee fill in their spots respectfully. Does anyone have any details on that JV player from last year? Competition was not good, but it was nice to see Riordan be the center of attention of the weekend.
If he was a 5'10" guard that can shoot that is sophomore Sean Quanico. He started on JVs last year as a freshman. His brother Zac was a senior on Varsity this past season.

If he was a 5'10" guard that can shoot that is sophomore Sean Quanico. He started on JVs last year as a freshman. His brother Zac was a senior on Varsity this past season.
Thank you, my nephew played against him in AAU over the summer. One of the better incoming sophomores ive seen in the city. As far him and Lee, they're going to be really good assets for Clark and Monroe. Lee has definitely improved since I seen him play last year. Riordan has no excuse to win WCAL and go to state this year.

Thank you, my nephew played against him in AAU over the summer. One of the better incoming sophomores ive seen in the city. As far him and Lee, they're going to be really good assets for Clark and Monroe. Lee has definitely improved since I seen him play last year. Riordan has no excuse to win WCAL and go to state this year.

Would love to see these guys make a run for state, but theres alot of talented teams standing in the way. Mitty returns most of their key guys from last year and they probably added a few more transfers as well.

Man, If we learned nothing from GSW. Long time til March. Roster sounds stacked in June and a definite contender. Their backcourt is best in NorCal IMO, 2 pitbulls. Chemistry, injuries and other factors need to fall in place. Once the Preps finds out about the new 7ftr they will shoot their shot I'm sure.
Somebody schedule Riordan - Sheldon summer game. That'd be a great fundraiser for both programs.

Man, If we learned nothing from GSW. Long time til March. Roster sounds stacked in June and a definite contender. Their backcourt is best in NorCal IMO, 2 pitbulls. Chemistry, injuries and other factors need to fall in place. Once the Preps finds out about the new 7ftr they will shoot their shot I'm sure.
Somebody schedule Riordan - Sheldon summer game. That'd be a great fundraiser for both programs.
Dont' sleep on Bellarmine, either! They've looked great this summer, too.

Bellarmine is scrappy , can shoot it , run their stuff , and play hard for 40 minutes. With that said they are 0-5 against SHELDON this summer with SHELDON playing without Bagley and another possible starter in Dontrell Hewlett .
RIORDAN possesses one of my favorite players in Bryce but his supporting cast doesn’t always seem to play what’s best for the team for me in my opinion. This new kid played on a team with 10 guys 6-6 or bigger including 2 6-10 and himself at 6-11. They went 6-24 so the jury is still out.
Mitty , bells, and Riordan I can see beating each other and possibly a 3 way co title in WCAL. Coin flip who ends up on top going to Nor Cal Open . As they say on any given night

I could see more than 1 WCAL team potentially making the NorCal Open this year.
Totally agree. I could see all 3WCal Teams along with SHELDON Modesto Christian Weston Ranch Salesian and De la Salle as my early 8.
I hear de la Salle just picked up There really good guard from freedom

Bellarmine is scrappy , can shoot it , run their stuff , and play hard for 40 minutes. With that said they are 0-5 against SHELDON this summer with SHELDON playing without Bagley and another possible starter in Dontrell Hewlett .
RIORDAN possesses one of my favorite players in Bryce but his supporting cast doesn’t always seem to play what’s best for the team for me in my opinion. This new kid played on a team with 10 guys 6-6 or bigger including 2 6-10 and himself at 6-11. They went 6-24 so the jury is still out.
Mitty , bells, and Riordan I can see beating each other and possibly a 3 way co title in WCAL. Coin flip who ends up on top going to Nor Cal Open . As they say on any given night
Bells, Mitty and Riordan most likely will see other up to 3 times. Pretty hard to beat a league team 3 times as seen from just last season alone ! Saw that the Florida kid played in the same league as IMG Academy and all of the other schools had Academy after their name-looked pretty loaded.

Reactions: dlew66
Bells, Mitty and Riordan most likely will see other up to 3 times. Pretty hard to beat a league team 3 times as seen from just last season alone ! Saw that the Florida kid played in the same league as IMG Academy and all of the other schools had Academy after their name-looked pretty loaded.

Not to mention he’s listed as class of 2022 young man has a bright future. I’m Only going off highlight videos and haven’t seen him play in person but the big has a decent feel for the game and court awareness. Way a head of the curve for bigs his age. If he has any hands at all Bryce will get him 5 plus dunks a game easy. Should be entertaining season at Riordan.

You replied to my quote saying the same thing basically as me In your first statement.
The second part IMG is not in the same league.

Only game I have circled is the Stuart Hall game...looking forward to introducing myself to the Ayalar guy on this thread.

Oh Mr. Monroe.........3 months later and my little "spade is a spade" comment is still sitting with you.

You guys just got 2 more "huge transfers" and I guess my spade is a spade comment has no validation right?

At no point did I ever take a shot at your son. Quite the contrary If you look back I compared him to Nate Robinson at one point. And like all the other local kids in San Francisco, I am cheering for them to take their basketball skills as far as they can go!

Oh Mr. Monroe.........3 months later and my little "spade is a spade" comment is still sitting with you.

You guys just got 2 more "huge transfers" and I guess my spade is a spade comment has no validation right?

At no point did I ever take a shot at your son. Quite the contrary If you look back I compared him to Nate Robinson at one point. And like all the other local kids in San Francisco, I am cheering for them to take their basketball skills as far as they can go!

You really do not remember how disrespectful you were being on this thread. Sadly I do. What you stated now is only a fourth of what you posted and implied. There is too much reckless journalism on these threads. I ignore most but when it comes to my kids I will no longer just ignore it. Most of the comments on this thread about players , I usually have some type of relationship with them. A lot of comments and hatred were shouted out about my then 16 year old son. My son wanted to leave Sacred Heart as soon as he learned Coach Barbour was not returning. I made him stay . Bryce was born and being raised in SF. Did you know his home...not apartment, etc...his home is 1 mile away from Riordan? A lot happened to my son attending Sacred Heart. A lot of things that the public doesn't know. Bryce is back to smiling again and as parents we all want our kids happy. Bryce was all league at Sacred Heart and all league at Riordan, basketball will take care of itself for him. Happiness and enjoying your high school experience is key. You only get one high school experience. I will say this again , I wish it would have worked out there but it didn't. Nobody has the right to attack him and when adults do, as long as I am breathing, I will be his champion.
You are a big Stuart Hall supporter I gather from your posts. I coached in the BCL as the head coach of Urban, I know the Burris family, I formerly coached Kyle Jasper who will be a senior point guard there now, I am helping Stuart Hall's former guard in Miles Amos right now, there is no coincidence that he is playing with Team Lillard as a unsigned senior.
A lot of things go unsaid on posts and things gets misunderstood. I have said it before...my screen name speaks for itself, no hidden agenda. Like you said" A spade is a spade" when we meet on December 18th we can speak man to man.

Last edited:
Reactions: frencheezy
There is definitely going to be some good High school ball this season. There will be some surprise teams as well. I still think Dublin will be really good, Moreau, O Dowd
Riordan plays Modesto Christian and Weston Ranch during the preseason which will be some great matchups. Who are your preseason sleepers?

I agree with you mr.monroe saw Dublin play
this summer (beat a good bellarmine team)and if people think they are less then they will be thoughly surprised.They have alot of returners and as always they are as entertaining as any team to watch. I am not sure
about them being an open caliber type of team but them and DLS should still be the top two teams in there league.I cant wait
for the Gridley tournament that is going to be a solid 3 days of hoops with riordan, Dublin,campo, weston ranch,salesian,
And st pat's up there you are probaly talking about at least seeing 3 open teams in one tournament.one more team to keep an eye on is branson those players will be playing with some kind of passion due to the loss of there teammate and one thing about Branson you HAVE to beat them because they sure dont beat themselves.

Last edited:
I agree with you mr.monroe saw Dublin play
this summer (beat a good bellarmine team)and if people think they are less then they will be thoughly surprised.They have alot of returners and as always they are as entertaining as any team to watch. I am not sure
about them being an open caliber type of team but them and DLS should still be the top two teams in there league.I cant wait
for the Gridley tournament that is going to be a solid 3 days of hoops with riordan, Dublin,campo, weston ranch,salesian,
And st pat's up there you are probaly talking about at least seeing 3 open teams in one tournament.one more team to keep an eye on is branson those players will be playing with some kind of passion due to the loss of there teammate and one thing about Branson you HAVE to beat them because they sure dont beat themselves.
Agreed...The Showcase that Gerry Frietas puts on should be good as well. All in all, there will be some good games to witness all over Norcal. I believe Capitol Christian, Grant, Oakland Tech , Oakland High Vanden and Franklin will all be good high school teams to watch as well . Some I have seen , some I haven't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT