ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Head coaching job available

Nope all wrong. You would never guess, but has good ties to the East Bay. I will give one hint. One of his players he coached is in the NBA right now. It's not a lock by no means but my gut tells me I'm right.

Kidding about Lippi. He would never do that. Plus he had his headache with Luke Whitehead and his dad. I doubt he wants to go through that again.

Ah so your hunch is Orlando Watkins. Nice hunch.

Kidding about Lippi. He would never do that. Plus he had his headache with Luke Whitehead and his dad. I doubt he wants to go through that again.

Ah so your hunch is Orlando Watkins. Nice hunch.
Lol this is someone that is in the mix.

Dont know much about Watkins coaching style, but would you say its similar or opposite to Barbours? If similar, doesn't really make sense.
I didn't mean Watkins, I meant the guy I think and should get the job is in the mix. It's an uptempo, press and run style. Athletes would be utilized and would give opposing guards hell.

I didn't mean Watkins, I meant the guy I think and should get the job is in the mix. It's an uptempo, press and run style. Athletes would be utilized and would give opposing guards hell.
Structured though or just roll the ball out Chino Hills style lol

Structured though or just roll the ball out Chino Hills style lol
I would say structured. Chino has so much talent that they didn't even need a coach to win lol! I hear we won't hear a name until I believe early June.

I would say structured. Chino has so much talent that they didn't even need a coach to win lol! I hear we won't hear a name until I believe early June.
This will be all for naught when the Administration reads this board and instead hires the Doctor lol;)

This will be all for naught when the Administration reads this board and instead hires the Doctor lol;)
Lol, I would also have to say the Doc is right up there. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be. Time will tell...

Rex is a very interesting name. Think he has a young son going into high school this year or next year.

I don't think Rex is looking at the job. Why would his kids be enrolling at schools in Florida. His son who plays at Stuart Hall is transferring to a school in Florida according to the reports from this past weekends camp. But maybe not if his dad is serious about the SHC job

Next week SH will announce that they have hired the Doctor, mark it down.
Agreed. Spoke to an SH administrator last week and he said the Dr knocked his interview out of the park. How could he not, he's probably the most prepared high school coach I've ever met, so to give him a week to prepare for an interview the valedictorian of his class will have already won that part of the interview process. I think its a formality at this point. Then again everyone thought Kerr was headed to the Knicks last year ;)

Agreed. Spoke to an SH administrator last week and he said the Dr knocked his interview out of the park. How could he not, he's probably the most prepared high school coach I've ever met, so to give him a week to prepare for an interview the valedictorian of his class will have already won that part of the interview process. I think its a formality at this point. Then again everyone thought Kerr was headed to the Knicks last year ;)
We shall see...

We shall see...
So, if it follows the typical SH script they will announce something by the end of the day, so nobody is around to comment, like when they announced Barbour's "resignation". Not necessarily today, although I think school is finally done this week, so this may be the perfect opportunity to announce a hiring. I'm going with the betting favorite, the Doctor of Hoopology, and your guessing E Bay mystery candidate, Frank Knight? ;)

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
And don't forget Doc Scheppler, the highly successful girls' coach at Pinewood. But both gentlemen have their quasi-medical degrees.

They will announce that the Doctor will be moving his practice back to the WCAL this week.
Heard its another 2 weeks...whats the delay? How can you possible mess up a HS coaching job offer LOL....wait, did the parents want a guaranteed spot on the bench/staff;)

Reactions: rabbit5
Heard its another 2 weeks...whats the delay? How can you possible mess up a HS coaching job offer LOL....wait, did the parents want a guaranteed spot on the bench/staff;)
Competition must be fierce :)

How long will it take to hire the Doctor? Is he charging too much for summer league? He owns the PAL and all the coaches want him out besides do you know how nervous players get when they see the Doctor in one of those undertaker suites of his before the Westmoor or El Camino game they know its only a matter of time before the grim reaper tournover bug puts them 6 feet into punkin soil

Saw the doctor today coaching his HMB team. You figure SHC would have a coach already with summer league/basketball starting.

Reactions: PAL95
the longer SHC waits the more disruptive this will be for ALL schools involved. As the saying goes "sh__ or get off the pot"

the longer SHC waits the more disruptive this will be for ALL schools involved. As the saying goes "sh__ or get off the pot"
Kids should already be in the weight room for strength and conditioning. I agree a decision should be made very soon. But if the Doc was a lock, I'm sure the decision would have been made already...................

Kids should already be in the weight room for strength and conditioning. I agree a decision should be made very soon. But if the Doc was a lock, I'm sure the decision would have been made already...................
Bad look for all now. You would think the Doctor, would just say thanks, but no thanks with all this back n forth. Now if Summer workouts has started, how can you endear yourself to the cosch when he has 1 foot out the door. Or vice versa. You ask the kids to be accountable, but then you could be gone by tomorrow if the job offer comes. Bad look for HS sports. Seen all the time in college, but I guess hs sports is a business now too;););)

Bad look for all now. You would think the Doctor, would just say thanks, but no thanks with all this back n forth. Now if Summer workouts has started, how can you endear yourself to the cosch when he has 1 foot out the door. Or vice versa. You ask the kids to be accountable, but then you could be gone by tomorrow if the job offer comes. Bad look for HS sports. Seen all the time in college, but I guess hs sports is a business now too;););)

No leadership at that place if selecting a coach takes this long, why the wait and what are the issues? Caution to all those guys who want this job, is it worth it?

SHC needs to pick themselves up and get back into race! This team needs to work on playing together or just get 3 transfers and run people off the court either way please get into open division this year!

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Well said, all the HMB parents & kids know about it but it's the elephant in the corner at this point.

Well said, all the HMB parents & kids know about it but it's the elephant in the corner at this point.
Ridiculous. I wouldn't have my kid at ANY workout till someone decides one way or another. Someone have some balls and take some accountability for gods sakes instead of just begging for an offer or begging for someone to accept their offer. What a joke. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT