ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's DLS/MaxPreps MLK Classic

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
That's where I'll be, provided I can get outa bed (been semi-sick off and on for awhile, today was one of the "on" days, or I woulda been at Berkeley to see Haley Van Dyke play today)

MaxPreps has a solid article about the doings tomorrow in Moraga...

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/1zdtV7...de-la-salle-martin-luther-king-jr-classic.htm

My picks:

10am: Campo over SPSV
11:45: St. John Bosco over Modesto Christian
1:30: Notre Dame (Riverside) over Moreau
3:15: DLS over San Joaquin Memorial
5:00: Pleasant Grove (Utah) over James Logan
6:45: Salesian over Bishop O' Dowd

Really terrific set of games... Any or all the games should be tough battles!

Campo v SPSV. In the first game of the day... Both teams have won 5 in a row, nearly all tough battles. Campo won their last in OT over Clayton Valley, and SPSV played and won OT games twice last week before their 3-point win over Woodcreek two days ago.

Campo gets the early lead, 9-5 with 3:31 left in the 1st. Carter M. at the line.

Jackson nails a 3 to pull SPSV within 2, and they force a 19-seconds right after... 31-30 after a Jackson ft...

SPSV gets a run going... 40-34 SPSV before Aidan knocks one down (finally). 49-36 SPSV with 3:26 left in the 3rd.

53-49 SPSV... 2:06 left. Cougs almost got a big turnover, but SPSV awarded a timeout during a scramble.

Turnabout is fair play... Campo awarded a timeout during a scramble... Cougs ball down 4, 1:25 left.

SPSV can’t score... can’t even get a shot... Campo downcourt... get it inside but Jackson forces a tie-up. Campo ball down 53-51, 15 secs left.

Cougs get THREE good shots, all just miss... Jackson gets rebound and clock runs out... 53-51 final, SPSV wins. Carter scores 17 to lead the way for the Cougs, Jackson scored 18 for SPSV.

St John Bosco faces Modesto Christian next...

I’ve only seen Bosco online, so can’t say I know a whole lot about them. Program says one of their top players, UOP commit J Salazar, is out and indeed there is a big guy out there on a crutch...

What I did see of Bosco (or is it Ovaltine?) looked awful strong in an OT loss to JSerra.

Last time I saw MC was in their tournament... Generally, they look super-talented but a bit inefficient. Let’s see how they’ve progressed...

Reactions: TwitterLegend
Hmmm... they’re ready, but the ol clock on the wall says it’s too early... Pregnant pause... now we’re ready..

10 to park. 10 for seniors, some more for reserved seats on bench side, dob’t Remember how much

Another time out, trying to stem the Bosco tide.... but it’s 23-11 Bosco with 49 secs left in the q.

23-11 end of first... MC just trying to tread water until they find something that works...

Tsartsidze hits a 3 for MC to close the half.... but it’s 39-29 Bosco at the half.

Tied at 47 now... MC takes lead on amazing twisting layup/runner by Aaron Murphy... 49 -47, MC gets its first lead of the game...

Adoh knocks down a deep 3 to get Bosco back within 4... 60-56 with 3:06 left.

Bosco ties it up with a 3.... and he’s fouled. Misses ft, but Bosco gets rebound, passes out for another 3.... BAM! Bosco suddenly leads 65-62 with 2 minutes left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT