ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's DLS/MaxPreps MLK Classic

Michael Pierson nails a 3 for MC, but Bosco answers right back with a 3 of their own... 68-65, MC ball with 50 secs left...

Pierson tried another 3.... No. Bosco takes it down, unable to score....68-65 with 22 secs left. MC ball at their own end.

Ball to Satchell, drives... layup no good, fouls to stop clock... FT missed, MC races down to try for the tie......... And loses the rock. Bosco wins 68-65.

Adoh and Satchell players of the game. Adoh scored 20., I think Satchell scored 18.

Notre Dame is ranked #32 in the state despite having 7 losses on their tough schedule, Moreau not far behind at #60 and 6 losses. Both have played man-sized slates.

Reactions: 121wayz
Whew.... Can’t say this one has been pretty... But it’s 8-6 Moreau after 6.5 mostly ineffective minutes :)

ND leads 9-8 after 1... Travels, double-dribbbles, missed layups... I hope these guys warm up soon :)

ND getting something going... Nice drive by Pierce Sterling for a layup... a 3 after that and it’s 18-10 ND. 4:18 left 2nd q.

Moreau starting to heat up a little.. bit they’re still down 22-15. 2:49 left.

Moreau takes the lead 23-22, but then fouls and goal tends... And then they knock down a buzzer-beater 3... halftime score 26-25 with Moreau in front.

Reactions: 121wayz
2nd half has been a bit prettier... ND has the lead 43-36, end of 3.

Pierce Sterling has been the best player on the court. Solid PG, and can shoot it.

Score has seesawed several times in the last couple minutes... Moreau at the line, down 1 with 2:48 left

Both ft’s Good... 53-52 Moreau... miss and a rebounding foul, ND ball down 1.

Moreau possession fail, Sterling drives and scores on the other end. 56-53 ND. Moreau ball, 45 seconds left.

Moreau scores 2 ft’s... 56-55. Foul with 25 secs left puts ND on the line.... MISS! Moreau gets a few seconds to try for the game... drive, layup... NO! Jump ball with a second left... Moreau gets one try at a miracle... Inboubds...3-ball...

Rim... buzzer... bounce, bounce... IN!!

Moreau gets the win!

So far, three games, three thriller finishes. Not a bad way to spend a day...

Green with a ginormous alleyooop dunk initiated by his jumping a passing lane, but it’s 6-4 DLS early.

end of 1... DLS leads 10-6. Playing faceguard denying D on Green has held him mostly in check thus far...

At the half, it’s 27-23 Spartans... Freshman Noah Clifford made a terrific spin move and dish for the Spartans last score...

If it weren’t for Green, SJM would be getting pounded...

Spartans are backdooring these guys to death... and clamping down on D, too. 39-27.

Green nails another lonnnnnng 3... 39-30 with 2:18 left 3rd. Just guessing, but I think Green has at least 20 despite the Spartans’ defensive efforts...

Time out SJM after a putback bucket by their big, Braxton Meah... 45-36 DLS, 5:29 left.

DLS up 47-39 with 2:37 left... Seems like whatever SJM tries, DLS has an answer.

Green nails a 3, time out... 47-42.... Does SJM have any other tricks to try? This is the closest they’ve been in awhile...

51-43 DLS with 32 seconds left... SJM did have a few chances, but got turned away...

I think Green scored 29 of his team’s 47. This despite extremely high attention paid to him for all 32 minutes by DLS defenders.... And he looked much more engaged on D than I’ve ever seen him.

Now we have James Logan v Pleasnt Grove of Utah and the gigantic Matt Van Komen.

It’s crazy how good Jalen Green is. You take Green off San Joaquin Memorial and I think teams like Stuart Hall and University could even beat them!

Like I said last season, I’ve never seen a high school player better than Jalen Green. He does very few things wrong, and to think he’s def going to fill out nicely when he is older. If I were him I’d leave Memorial and go to a Prep School, or go the Jeremy Tyler-route and go to Europe to play two years before getting drafted.

At this point Green is bored and needs to play a higher level of basketball to push his game as far as it can go.

My 2 cents

Reactions: LoganHomer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT