ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's DLS/MaxPreps MLK Classic

FT missed....Salesian 3 by Austin Johnson good!

59-53 with 33 seconds left... Dragon ball trailing by 6...

Lou Ritchie coached his tail off but lack of depth wore them down. Salesian turned up the pressure late and Odowd busted. Great game. Only if the twins were 2-3 inches taller they would be pac12 impact players, they way they compete is great to watch. One of the best MLK's I can remember as far as competitive games all day.
Jalen Green is in the J.Kidd, Aaron Gordon class of after a few plays - PRO comes to mind.

Lou Ritchie coached his tail off but lack of depth wore them down. Salesian turned up the pressure late and Odowd busted. Great game. Only if the twins were 2-3 inches taller they would be pac12 impact players, they way they compete is great to watch. One of the best MLK's I can remember as far as competitive games all day.
Jalen Green is in the J.Kidd, Aaron Gordon class of after a few plays - PRO comes to mind.

The twins are amazing. It seems like they're about 24, they've been around so long and they are tough as nails. BOD let one get away from them, but you've got to give Salesian credit as they refused to go down. Great game - hopefully they'll meet up again in the postseason.

The twins play harder than almost anybody else on the court at any given time. It’s like they know they have to put maximum effort at all times to make up for their lack of height.
I’ll tell you what, they are even BETTER in football. Just stopped playing to concentrate on basketball

The twins play harder than almost anybody else on the court at any given time. It’s like they know they have to put maximum effort at all times to make up for their lack of height.

#1 Iniko McNeil, for O'Dowd rarely has anyone play harder than he does, including the twins. A great leader for the Dragons.

I’ll tell you what, they are even BETTER in football. Just stopped playing to concentrate on basketball
I believe it! They're so heady. They play quick, but they never rush and always under control. I was watching a couple of sequences in the first half as the shot clock ran down. They never seemed to panic and Salesian got great looks even as the time ran down. Their ability to read the defense and each other are uncanny. Just love their composure and how they compete during each possession on both ends of the floor.

Reactions: jordan24
That's what separates salesian from alot of bay area high schools no matter who graduates
there culture doesn't change they defend and compete on EVERY possession they
play both ends of the floor with pride and passion.

Reactions: nostancenochance
That's what separates salesian from alot of bay area high schools no matter who graduates
there culture doesn't change they defend and compete on EVERY possession they
play both ends of the floor with pride and passion.
The same can be said of O'Dowd as well. That's why they along with Salesian and Sheldon are my favorite programs to watch and follow.

jalen green needs to leave memorial... he gets zero competition there and it shows. too often he did that dribble and step back and nothing....

The same can be said of O'Dowd as well. That's why they along with Salesian and Sheldon are my favorite programs to watch and follow.

I haven’t seen a ton of O’Dowd basketball but I’d have to agree after watching last nights game. I guess what I meant to say was, whatever the twins lack in size they gain in tenacity, effort, and basketball smarts. Their biggest skill is hustle and quickness.

The twins are amazing. It seems like they're about 24, they've been around so long and they are tough as nails. BOD let one get away from them, but you've got to give Salesian credit as they refused to go down. Great game - hopefully they'll meet up again in the postseason.

You could see from Salesian's focus that it was gonna be a different second half. Their intensity level went way up. They realized they were in for it, and had better respond.

RJ223. You are so right.
I have been to every single one of the MLK events since the first one. I remember a few where there were overtimes. Maybe not the greatest basketball for a couple of these games, but this one had every game end, close at the end.
Could be my favorite MLK event for that reason.

Here's wishing you great hoops

I would say the locks are: Salesian, Bishop O’Dowd, San Joaquin Memorial, Modesto Christian and Moreau Catholic.

Not sure which other teams could quality.

Pretty sure John Bosco makes the SoCal Open and Pleasant Grove in Utah will probably make some noise in whatever Utah has that’s similar to the Open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT