ADVERTISEMENT

State Bowl Games

De La Salle has the ball back near midfield with a minute left in the third. They are still down 35-21

Reactions: 13 others
Outside of Clayton Valley Charter, every winning team will have scored at least 31 points this weekend

It just so crazy what SoCal has to do to beat DLS. The guy sitting in front of me said SJB has 29 D-1 recruits and of those 24 are transfers. DLS has 1 D-1 recruit. The size difference is absolutely ridiculous.

This QB has biggest cannon I’ve ever seen. Crazy he’s 23 years old. No way is he hs age.

It just so crazy what SoCal has to do to beat DLS. The guy sitting in front of me said SJB has 29 D-1 recruits and of those 24 are transfers. DLS has 1 D-1 recruit. The size difference is absolutely ridiculous.
DLS has a 20 year head start on the rest of Norcal. Every D1 team in Norcal feels your pain!

De La Salle was at the Bosco 5 yard line, but Bosco forces a fumble and takes it the other way to lead 49-28 with 3 mins left.

Nothing left, but procedure now.

Garrett is the only one with a D-1 offer (San Jose state) . I believe Hale will get one but hasn’t yet. They also have a preferred walk on offer. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve heard.

I think De La Salle has an offensive lineman with some offers and Grant Daley had some but is walking on at Cal.

Garrett is the only one with a D-1 offer (San Jose state) . I believe Hale will get one but hasn’t yet. They also have a preferred walk on offer. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve heard.
I doubt Hale gets one as a Qb, he’s not good enough at that position. Has no touch on most of his throws.

DLS has a 20 year head start on the rest of Norcal. Every D1 team in Norcal feels your pain!
Sorry but it’s not my pain at all. I’ve felt the wrath of DLS. This is night and day different. I don’t blame SoCal at all.

Did the guy in front of you also have proof of collusion as well? They don’t have 24 Transfers and it’s 36 D1 offers.

Final scores from Saturday.

Open: St. John Bosco beat De La Salle 49-28

1-A: Corona del Mar beats Serra 35-27

2-A: Pacificia beat McClymonds 34-6

3-AA: Cardinal Newman beat El Camino 31-14

3-A: Bakersfield Christian beat Rancho Cotate 42-21

4-AA: Ripon beat Highland 31-28

4-A: Escalon beat La Jolla 52-21

5-AA: El Monte beat Del Norte 32-7

5-A: Milpitas beat Reseda 34-0

6-AA: St. Bernard’s beat South 34-20

6-A: Salesian beat Bishop Union 37-18

7-AA: Lincoln, San Francisco beat Gardena 35-26

There are NorCal teams that have had more talent than DLS and still couldn't get it done.Folsom comes to mind very recently
I'd further add that even with DLS's best teams that they ever fielded, you'd be hard pressed to find any of those teams with more than 10 D1 prospects, most would be in the 3-7 range on average I'd suspect

I'd further add that even with DLS's best teams that they ever fielded, you'd be hard pressed to find any of those teams with more than 10 D1 prospects, most would be in the 3-7 range on average I'd suspect
Not the recruiting dynamo a lot of people claim they are, at least not with the number of D1 prospects they produce annuo

Final score North 9-South 5, North leads all-time state championships 57-51

That 6 game difference is the result of all the extra state championship games being added (cough cough) which has created socal sending their small school teams up into brackets they have no business, and fill that void in lower brackets with teams that have no business playing for a state titles. Mack fell victim this year for the north

You do realize Los Angeles and Orange county have 10 times the talent pool to pull from. Chances are they will have more a few more athletes.

Happy for all of the NorCal wins, but SoCal has the top teams in the state. Many of their best teams knock each other off in the playoffs. If you lined up the top 10 teams from North vs South, the South would likely go 10-0, and perhaps with not many competitive games.

There are NorCal teams that have had more talent than DLS and still couldn't get it done.Folsom comes to mind very recently
Ok so then the coaching has been superior at de la salle. That's already known. But why complain? De LA gets plenty of kids in. Just not enough big agile fast ones. Then add great coaching and the we fear de LA factor out the window u get beat

Reactions: remc and concrete17
Ok so then the coaching has been superior at de la salle. That's already known. But why complain? De LA gets plenty of kids in. Just not enough big agile fast ones. Then add great coaching and the we fear de LA factor out the window u get beat
Agreed

Happy for all of the NorCal wins, but SoCal has the top teams in the state. Many of their best teams knock each other off in the playoffs. If you lined up the top 10 teams from North vs South, the South would likely go 10-0, and perhaps with not many competitive games.

Somewhat Agree... But if you take out MD and SJB it would be very close...

So Cal Has Cen10, MV, Servite, CDM, Sierra Canyon....

Nor Cal Has DLS, Central, Oak Ridge, Serra, And Folsom....

Those would all be close games.... It’s the 2 All Star teams that make So Cal look so Dominant....

Somewhat Agree... But if you take out MD and SJB it would be very close...

So Cal Has Cen10, MV, Servite, CDM, Sierra Canyon....

Nor Cal Has DLS, Central, Oak Ridge, Serra, And Folsom....

Those would all be close games.... It’s the 2 All Star teams that make So Cal look so Dominant....

Folsom didn’t win their section. If you’re going to include them, then you should include teams like VC & Pitt. And SoCal has a lot more really good teams that don’t win section and don’t advance, but would if you exclude SJB & MD.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89

But that still a lot more than most area public schools have with their best teams ever. It’s all relative.

Not the recruiting dynamo a lot of people claim they are, at least not with the number of D1 prospects they produce annuo

remc, there is another way to look at this. DLS has a very wide area to gather kids from, as Freshman.
Sure they are not transfers, but they get them young. With DLS Superb Coaching, and outstanding work out programs, they have there kids for a full 4 years. This should actually give them the advantage over the transfer problem they seem face.

Here's wishing you great football

Folsom didn’t win their section. If you’re going to include them, then you should include teams like VC & Pitt. And SoCal has a lot more really good teams that don’t win section and don’t advance, but would if you exclude SJB & MD.

Defiantly!!!... I was just going for the first 5 or so off the top of my head....:)

remc, there is another way to look at this. DLS has a very wide area to gather kids from, as Freshman.
Sure they are not transfers, but they get them young. With DLS Superb Coaching, and outstanding work out programs, they have there kids for a full 4 years. This should actually give them the advantage over the transfer problem they seem face.

Here's wishing you great football
Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell what a kid is going to be or how much his body is going to mature from 9-12 grades.Some youth phenoms don't ever get any better, they may have matured already physically as much as they're going to. Easier to see how a kid looks as a soph. But transfers aren't the issue IMO, though they certainly help. I'd say DLS is going to have to step up and own the recruiting issue.By that I mean they need to be recruiting talent harder than they do. That is, if they want to compete against nationally ranked programs. MD and SJB aren't just the best teams in CA, they're the best in the nation. If you know you're going to have to face them then you need to be committed to do what it takes to beat them.That is, if you're committed to beating them. I think one of these days it might happen, but ittgoing to take a while

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT