ADVERTISEMENT

State Bowl Games

didn’t say anything of the sort so not sure wtf you are saying ? I DONT CARE IF THEY HAVE 10000000 TRAnSFErs I Am NOT IMpreSSEd with ASSEMbLiNg TRANSFER SUPER TEAMS I AM PROUD THAT YOu Do GET EASiLY ImPRESSED BY SUPER PREP TEAmS!! You and the assassin have a weird thing for putting words in my mouth, what I said and I know your comprehension is subpar is that these teams who assemble mass super teams with mercenaries just don’t impress me when they beat up on a good high school team.....now I know you can’t read well but I said what was impressive was when SJB best fellow mercenary high Mater Dei a battle of super recruit mercenary teams........why would I be impressed and in awe of a Junior College level team beating up on a team with 3-5 college players on it ? Not sure what other expectation one would have ? Not saying it’s unfair, never said it’s cheating sure it’s all legit and good I just don’t get impressed by it since it’s the expectation
So what are you saying Todd? Saying Todd?

Reactions: coachlittle
I saw all your posts, and I have zero clue who your team is. The simple fact is SJB core have all been there since freshman year. Of course they have had a few transfers most all programs do especially down south. Care to take a stab at how many CDM actually had?

Yes I am curious to know how many kids CDM had outside of Orange County ?

Yes I am curious to know how many kids CDM had outside of Orange County ?

Are we moving the goal posts now? “Outside of OC” funny. OC is a large county and riddled with talent they wouldn’t need to draw outside OC to be honest. LOL

I don’t see why some SoCal guys are butt hurt by some of the posters on here saying they ‘are not impressed’ with teams like SJB (who have a number of transfers AND/OR kids from out of a school’s general vicinity playing on their team). Hell, those same posters are likely throwing hate on Folsom for their transfers....or guys who go out of their way to attend a particular school (generally far from their residence) solely to play football. It’s not against the rules, no one said it is, but doesn’t mean everyone has to ‘like it” or think it’s the ‘right way’ to do things.
We know most of the top basketball teams are now all of these Academies (like a Prolific Prep), but many (me included) don’t really follow them much because they are just b-ball factories. Lots of us have those similar opinions about SJBs FB team, and other SoCal teams, that interchange players at a high rate. I’m Super impressed by the talent, but it’s harder to appreciate when it appears a large number of the kids aren’t local (even if they aren’t restricted by any boundaries as a Private School).

Feel free to drop an “OK Boomer” on some of us, but we just tend to like things the ‘way they used to be’. And there is nothing wrong with that either.

Last edited:
Are we moving the goal posts now? “Outside of OC” funny. OC is a large county and riddled with talent they wouldn’t need to draw outside OC to be honest. LOL

Not funny at all? Just curious how many are making that long trek from the IE to CDM? Their best player is right from Newport Beach playing at the same school his older brother played at so nothing too funny? Their 2 other superstars are also Newport Beach kids? I’m just curious how many kids they’re setting up long distance transport for? Like you said LA County (Bellflower) has plenty of talent so why would you need to bring players from multiples surrounding counties and beyond ? I think it’s obvious we aren’t changing each other’s opinions on this topic so I’ll stop replying, you love some football factories that bring in talent far and wide which is fine.......Im all for it since it’s within the rules they have I just not going to gush with praise when you amass 30 D1 players and beat really good teams with a fraction of the talent, to me that means you met a minimum expectation......BUT I am impressed when they beat fellow super teams factories like MD, Gorman, IMG, the teams in the DC area

Not funny at all? Just curious how many are making that long trek from the IE to CDM? Their best player is right from Newport Beach playing at the same school his older brother played at so nothing too funny? Their 2 other superstars are also Newport Beach kids? I’m just curious how many kids they’re setting up long distance transport for? Like you said LA County (Bellflower) has plenty of talent so why would you need to bring players from multiples surrounding counties and beyond ? I think it’s obvious we aren’t changing each other’s opinions on this topic so I’ll stop replying, you love some football factories that bring in talent far and wide which is fine.......Im all for it since it’s within the rules they have I just not going to gush with praise when you amass 30 D1 players and beat really good teams with a fraction of the talent, to me that means you met a minimum expectation......BUT I am impressed when they beat fellow super teams factories like MD, Gorman, IMG, the teams in the DC area

What I love is freedom of choice. If a kid wants to commute from IE to Bellflower for school I’m fine with that. On the flip side if a kid wants to travel from Richmond to Concord for school I fine with that as well. Reality is it’s much easier for DLS to gather local talent than these SoCal schools because there are so many more quality programs down south fighting to attract kids. I have always supported DLS on these boards from people claiming the exact same things you’re saying about the southern schools. It’s just sour grapes and poor losers.

What I love is freedom of choice. If a kid wants to commute from IE to Bellflower for school I’m fine with that. On the flip side if a kid wants to travel from Richmond to Concord for school I fine with that as well. Reality is it’s much easier for DLS to gather local talent than these SoCal schools because there are so many more quality programs down south fighting to attract kids. I have always supported DLS on these boards from people claiming the exact same things you’re saying about the southern schools. It’s just sour grapes and poor losers.
The thing is, none of it is against any rules, so the only solution to me is to differentiate between boundary publics, open enrollment public's, and private schools. Each schedules and plays within their designated division. That way, the playing field is "leveled" as much as it can be. No more pissing and moaning about how many transfers a school has, how many scholarships a school can offer for football, etc.Because the other schools in your division have the same options. Now certainly some schools will emphasize winning more than others, and put more emphasis on allocating resources to that end than others. But that's everyone's choice.Of course, a lot of what I've just said can and does already happen, it's just a question of degree.

Reactions: RidgeRider
The thing is, none of it is against any rules, so the only solution to me is to differentiate between boundary publics, open enrollment public's, and private schools. Each schedules and plays within their designated division. That way, the playing field is "leveled" as much as it can be. No more pissing and moaning about how many transfers a school has, how many scholarships a school can offer for football, etc.Because the other schools in your division have the same options. Now certainly some schools will emphasize winning more than others, and put more emphasis on allocating resources to that end than others. But that's everyone's choice.Of course, a lot of what I've just said can and does already happen, it's just a question of degree.

So where do schools like Narbonne, MV,Cenn, heck even Liberty, Pitt, CVC, etc play with private’s? This pissing and moaning will never stop. Excuses are like a$$holes everybody has one and we all use them.

we keep agreeing with each other on everything here ? I am commuted myself to a Catholic high school I am so okay with this I just wasn’t ever impressed and neither were my teammates when smacked inferior opponents, we only patted ourselves on the back when we beat equal or better opponents, so not understanding what your trying to say about losers and sour grapes? None of that is coming from me buddy

we keep agreeing with each other on everything here ? I am commuted myself to a Catholic high school I am so okay with this I just wasn’t ever impressed and neither were my teammates when smacked inferior opponents, we only patted ourselves on the back when we beat equal or better opponents, so not understanding what your trying to say about losers and sour grapes? None of that is coming from me buddy

If it’s not coming from you then you would have nothing to say other than congrats. Look assembling talent is one thing. That talent no doubt comes with ego’s of kids and family ego’s. Managing all that can’t be easy, on top of also being a coach and or teacher as well. It’s impressive what they have been able to build same with DLS etc. Talent is a small part of the equation in all reality.

Reactions: northbayfb
If it’s not coming from you then you would have nothing to say other than congrats. Look assembling talent is one thing. That talent no doubt comes with ego’s of kids and family ego’s. Managing all that can’t be easy, on top of also being a coach and or teacher as well. It’s impressive what they have been able to build same with DLS etc. Talent is a small part of the equation in all reality.

which I kinda thought I made clear when I am impressed when they beat teams with upper echelon talent closer to their range, think I said that in 3 different posts but anyways we have hogged enough of this thread saying the same thing back n forth

So where do schools like Narbonne, MV,Cenn, heck even Liberty, Pitt, CVC, etc play with private’s? This pissing and moaning will never stop. Excuses are like a$$holes everybody has one and we all use them.
Im referring to playoff/ state championship games. That's where most of the complaints are from

that is what i was saying... de la does the exact same thing.. them bruhs running the rock aint ever even stepped foot in a catholic church before stepping foot on that field and most from pittsburg, antioch, north rich and oakland. i never been mad at them tryna get a piece of the pie tho. if my son and the choice of going to castlemont or de la salle... he outta there!

when de la salle was on... everyone feared them and they beat up on inferior foes....weekly... now that they are getting beat by out of state teams and LA teams everyone up in arms..

Reactions: RedZone90
when de la salle was on... everyone feared them and they beat up on inferior foes....weekly... now that they are getting beat by out of state teams and LA teams everyone up in arms..
Yep. In DLS vs SJB/MD people are falling victim to the public vs private theory that you can’t compete with them. Everyone at a public school is on scholarship. Most private’s struggle to fill their yearly class size. Its all perception. DLS will be fine, and some public school Coach is going to eventually take them down. But might need to be outside the DLS coaching tree.

I’ve never seen anyone on here complaining about D1 public schools having to play Pitt, Liberty or CVC. Pitt is always a tough team, but playing them has always been a welcome challenge. For the most part, EBAL schools like MV, SRV & Cal have held their own against the top BVAL schools. Pitt may win most of the battles, but they are competitive games. CVC’s first trip into the EBAL Mountain shows that no one was scared of them either. I don’t think those schools need to be separated from the other D1 publics. And yeah CVC should be D1.

I’ve never seen anyone on here complaining about D1 public schools having to play Pitt, Liberty or CVC. Pitt is always a tough team, but playing them has always been a welcome challenge. For the most part, EBAL schools like MV, SRV & Cal have held their own against the top BVAL schools. Pitt may win most of the battles, but they are competitive games. CVC’s first trip into the EBAL Mountain shows that no one was scared of them either. I don’t think those schools need to be separated from the other D1 publics. And yeah CVC should be D1.

Cough cough I suppose following discussion would keep a poster up to date on topic. My statement had nothing to do with being scared to play anybody. It had everything to do with transfers, which every school mentioned gets.

Cough cough I suppose following discussion would keep a poster up to date on topic. My statement had nothing to do with being scared to play anybody. It had everything to do with transfers, which every school mentioned gets.

Cough, cough. No one is afraid of a few transfers in the D1 publics. There have even been a few transfers into The EBAL publics. Pitt, Liberty & CVC are nowhere near the transfer level of some of those SoCal schools. Of course, we haven’t seen Pitt’s new transfer QB yet though. ;)

Reactions: THEOC89
Cough, cough. No one is afraid of a few transfers in the D1 publics. There have even been a few transfers into The EBAL publics. Pitt, Liberty & CVC are nowhere near the transfer level of some of those SoCal schools. Of course, we haven’t seen Pitt’s new transfer QB yet though. ;)

Rolls eyes. Post has nothing to do with being afraid of anybody period. Either get up to speed of conversation or move on.

Ego’s really? What ego’s? With 36 d-1 players if anyone has a ego problem as a coach you just point at the bench and pick yourself out another d-1 player and off you go. And if I was the coach I would do it the first day of practice and show the rest it’s that simple. And to say talent is a small part of the equation is funny. It the only part of the transfer equation. Some people are easily impressed. I need something more then a team with 36 college players vs a team with one. No one is cheating, it’s not unfair. But yes VERY unimpressive. IMO.

Why do you feel the need to continually point out that Pitt, Liberty & CVC have transfers? It’s on a totally different level.

I don’t care if they have transfer’s for crying out loud! It’s not complex. My response is a sarcastic reply to a poster.

Ego’s really? What ego’s? With 36 d-1 players if anyone has a ego problem as a coach you just point at the bench and pick yourself out another d-1 player and off you go. And if I was the coach I would do it the first day of practice and show the rest it’s that simple. And to say talent is a small part of the equation is funny. It the only part of the transfer equation. Some people are easily impressed. I need something more then a team with 36 college players vs a team with one. No one is cheating, it’s not unfair. But yes VERY unimpressive. IMO.

If just gathering Talent was all it took one would think for example teams like the Redskins or Cowboys would have more championships by now. And for that matter the Pats wouldn’t have the ones they do. Poster’s like you continue to minimize accomplishments by schools because they have transfers, it gets embarrassing.

Reactions: RedZone90
If just gathering Talent was all it took one would think for example teams like the Redskins or Cowboys would have more championships by now. And for that matter the Pats wouldn’t have the ones they do. Poster’s like you continue to minimize accomplishments by schools because they have transfers, it gets embarrassing.
If the Redskins had 36 all pro players and Dallas only had one then yes I would be equally unimpressed. But I would be more unimpressed with Jerry Jones then the Redskins. I hope your not comparing pro to high school. And I wasn’t trying to embarrass you or for you to be embarrassed. I apologize if that’s how you feel. We just have a difference of opinion that’s all.

Reactions: MC415
If the Redskins had 36 all pro players and Dallas only had one then yes I would be equally unimpressed. But I would be more unimpressed with Jerry Jones then the Redskins. I hope your not comparing pro to high school. And I wasn’t trying to embarrass you or for you to be embarrassed. I apologize if that’s how you feel. We just have a difference of opinion that’s all.

I’m not embarrassed at all. I’m not the one making excuses and crying but they have more talent boo hoo.......

I’m not embarrassed at all. I’m not the one making excuses and crying but they have more talent boo hoo.......
I absolutely beg of you to show me where I’ve made one excuse. Your not getting it. I’m NOT a DLS fan. I REALLY don’t care. So if your not embarrassed you should be because you have been. I am going to be the bigger man and drop it. We will have to agree to disagree.

I absolutely beg of you to show me where I’ve made one excuse. Your not getting it. I’m NOT a DLS fan. I REALLY don’t care. So if your not embarrassed you should be because you have been. I am going to be the bigger man and drop it. We will have to agree to disagree.

I’m no DLS fan either. I’m also no fan of using transfers as a excuse for success. And feel free to highlight why I should be embarrassed you’re the one coming with the not impressed because of talent excuse.....not me. I appreciate both talent and coaching.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT