ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NFL Draft Day and Undrafted

I don't think you will see any NorCal players with a real chance to be picked today in the first round. Very few CA players this year in the top 40-50 pro prospects.

The Central section's Jaylon Johnson - Utah - Central HS Fresno and Jordan Love - Utah State - Liberty HS Bakersfield - have a chance to go in RD 1 and should definitely be selected in Day 2 on Friday.

From NorCal - Ashtyn Davis - Cal - Santa Cruz HS, Isaiah Hodgins - Oregon St. - Berean Christian HS; Lamar Jackson - Nebraska - Franklin Elk Grove; and Devin Asaisi - Michigan/UCLA -De La Salle have a chance to go on Day 2 or early on Day 3 and will likely be the first NorCal HS players selected.

Keith Ishmael - San Diego St. - Sacred Heart Cathedral and Anthony Gordon - SFJC/Washington St. - Terra Nova from the CCS have a good chance to get drafted on Day 3. Sure there are a few other NorCal HS products that have a chance at being selected in the draft.

As an illustration of how inexact the college recruiting process is; Davis was a walk-on at Cal, Gordon had no FBS offers out of HS and Love had just one FBS scholarship offer from Utah St.

Last edited:
I personally think Anthony Gordon could be the QB sleeper in this draft and a flat out steal in late rounds. Excelled at every level high character individual Fills out a little more and learn NFL for a season or two.........?

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Both of the Niners’ 1st round picks played JC ball before going D1, Aiyuk at Sierra College in Rocklin.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Isaiah Hodgins will probably be picked today. Tagaloa may go today too.

FWIW, the only 2 players from CA selected in the first round are NorCal’ers.

Aiyuk and Love.

I know, Bakersfield is technically ‘central’ CA — but they roll up to NorCal and SoCal has never claimed anything North of the grapevine. ;)

FWIW, the only 2 players from CA selected in the first round are NorCal’ers.

Aiyuk and Love.

I know, Bakersfield is technically ‘central’ CA — but they roll up to NorCal and SoCal has never claimed anything North of the grapevine. ;)
they are the armpit. they want to be SoCal but LA has been reluctant.

Reactions: remc and bella123
Josiah Deguara 3rd round to packers.
Solid player out of Folsom. Was also a very Good hoop player

NorCal guys drafted today (please add any I missed)

Ashtyn Davis (Santa Cruz/Cal) to the Jets
Devin Asiasi (De La Salle/Michigan/UCLA) to the Patriots
Josiah Deguara (Folsom/Cincinnati) to the Packers

Reactions: FBAddict
Really good story. Wasn't the most heralded guy on that Folsom team and worked his way into a bigger role at Cincinnati.

Got a lot bigger too.

Folsom now has 3 players from it’s 2014 squad in the NFL. IIRC, Grant Union had 4 from it’s 2009 team.

Other than DLS, has any other NorCal team from the past 20-30 years had as many or more? That all played together on the same team?

I know Grant Union has had 2-3 from the same team on a couple other occasions in the early 2000’s.
Davis Sr. High had 2 from the same team in the mid-90’s.

Anyone else? Pittsburg??

Really good story. Wasn't the most heralded guy on that Folsom team and worked his way into a bigger role at Cincinnati.

It’s a great story steak. I would say a very low d1 prospect out of Folsom and you have to remember he was a 6”2 190 receiver. (Not TE). Worked his ass off and stayed at cincy. Now 6”3 240 and one of the strongest guys at combine. Wish him well.

Got a lot bigger too.

Folsom now has 3 players from it’s 2014 squad in the NFL. IIRC, Grant Union had 4 from it’s 2009 team.

Other than DLS, has any other NorCal team from the past 20-30 years had as many or more? That all played together on the same team?

I know Grant Union has had 2-3 from the same team on a couple other occasions in the early 2000’s.
Davis Sr. High had 2 from the same team in the mid-90’s.

Anyone else? Pittsburg??

Bells team from 1981 had 4 NFL players:
Jim Wahler, Erik Howard, Dave Diaz-Infante, Randy Kirk

Bells team from 1981 had 4 NFL players:
Jim Wahler, Erik Howard, Dave Diaz-Infante, Randy Kirk
Going into he way back machine.

I thought Sal Cesario who briefly played in the NFL was on that legendary team as well - giving them 4 lineman and a linebacker from the same HS team that made the NFL.

I also think Edison in Stockton had a couple of teams with three NFL players - I think the 2002 and/or 2003 team had Lavelle Hawkins WR, Chris Henry RB and Lynell Hamilton RB who all made the NFL and the 1979 Edison team had Dennis Edwards, Jeff Simmons and Derek Kennard all make the NFL.

Going into he way back machine.

I thought Sal Cesario who briefly played in the NFL was on that legendary team as well - giving them 4 lineman and a linebacker from the same HS team that made the NFL.

I also think Edison in Stockton had a couple of teams with three NFL players - I think the 2002 and/or 2003 team had Lavelle Hawkins WR, Chris Henry RB and Lynell Hamilton RB who all made the NFL and the 1979 Edison team had Dennis Edwards, Jeff Simmons and Derek Kennard all make the NFL.

I think Cesario graduated year before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT