Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2002
Ole Miss offered 2026 Archbishop Riordan players:
OL - Tommy Tofi
WR - Cynai Thomas
WR/DB - Judge Nash
QB - Mike Mitchell Jr.

Um no. I would venture to guess that every MD starter will be playing at the next level. They have bench guys getting D1 offers. MD would running clock Riordan without breaking a sweat.
HA!… Yes, Riordan needs to first figure out how to play Competitive games with the likes of Los Gatos, St Francis and Serra before worrying about Mater Dei…. 🤣

Agree with @Scoop and Score . They are offering up to 300 kids in a class for what... 20-22 spots? Most of the offers are what we now call "NON COMMITTABLE". Its like getting a job sort of... We like you we just dont' have a start date for you yet. Do I get a paycheck. No. You think Lane Kiffen will even be there in 2 years?
I'm sure a kid like Tofi can play there but no way in hell is the QB a SEC player.

HA!… Yes, Riordan needs to first figure out how to play Competitive games with the likes of Los Gatos, St Francis and Serra before worrying about Mater Dei…. 🤣
Other than the Serra game, Riordan was competitive in all its games last year. No NorCal team was competitive with the Padres last season. I don't think anyone in the Riordan program thinks they are the same level as MD, it's others outside of the program proclaiming this. They are just focused on providing its kids opportunities at the next level and focusing on next Fall. The 247 site may not be the most accurate, but it is a legitimate site if one is in doubt of the recruiting activity.

Last edited:
Agree with @Scoop and Score . They are offering up to 300 kids in a class for what... 20-22 spots? Most of the offers are what we now call "NON COMMITTABLE". Its like getting a job sort of... We like you we just dont' have a start date for you yet. Do I get a paycheck. No. You think Lane Kiffen will even be there in 2 years?
I'm sure a kid like Tofi can play there but no way in hell is the QB a SEC player.
Mitchell probably more suited for BIG12 team. He actually would be a perfect fit for any air-raid style (Leach, RIP) offense like Washington St / Texas Tech.

Other than the Serra game, Riordan was competitive in all its games last year. No NorCal team was competitive with the Padres last season. I don't think anyone in the Riordan program thinks they are the same level as MD, it's others outside of the program proclaiming this. They are just focused on providing its kids opportunities at the next level and focusing on next Fall. The 247 site may not be the most accurate, but it is a legitimate site if one is in doubt of the recruiting activity.
Folsom played Serra tough (Lost 21-14) and that wasn't a great Folsom team. Lyons first start as a varsity QB with a ton of underclass kids. Riordan loss to Serra was so humbling last year. Was it embarrassing? Probably

Reactions: THEOC89
Folsom played Serra tough (Lost 21-14) and that wasn't a great Folsom team. Lyons first start as a varsity QB with a ton of underclass kids. Riordan loss to Serra was so humbling last year. Was it embarrassing? Probably
St. Bonny would be a better indicator. They were in the game, but special teams clinched the game for the Seraphs. Folsom pulled a great comeback to take the State Title from St. Bonny's.

Most of these offers are fake. Unfortunately this is the new self-recruitment standard. With 1/2 dozen SEC guys, Riordan should give MD a run for their money.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5EEbIwpihe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Mitchell probably more suited for BIG12 team. He actually would be a perfect fit for any air-raid style (Leach, RIP) offense like Washington St / Texas Tech.

And Leach ended his career coaching in The…………wait for it……………you guessed it! Southeastern Conference! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

And Leach ended his career coaching in The…………wait for it……………you guessed it! Southeastern Conference! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
If a college wants to pay you $5M a year to be the head coach what do you think you would do? It's not rocket science.

St. Bonny would be a better indicator. They were in the game, but special teams clinched the game for the Seraphs. Folsom pulled a great comeback to take the State Title from St. Bonny's.
Riordan would have been a 3rd or 4th place team in the SFL last year. Lets be real.
Folsom
Rocklin
Oakridge
Riordan /Granite Bay/DO

Reactions: THEOC89
Riordan would have been a 3rd or 4th place team in the SFL last year. Lets be real.
Folsom
Rocklin
Oakridge
Riordan /Granite Bay/DO
But Riordan kids are super young, and coach first year…..so your saying D1 size and talent who were mostly 15 or 16 with an extra offseason of growing, lifting, training and cohesive coaching are going to NOT improve ? I find that almost impossible to believe that kids with that ability and size wouldn’t improve in their second year in a program

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
But Riordan kids are super young, and coach first year…..so your saying D1 size and talent who were mostly 15 or 16 with an extra offseason of growing, lifting, training and cohesive coaching are going to NOT improve ? I find that almost impossible to believe that kids with that ability and size wouldn’t improve in their second year in a program
Legend was referring to last year…..

This year maybe they are 3rd behind Folsom and Rocklin because those teams are both a year bigger stronger and coached up as well….

The original point was someone stating that Riordan was ready to give MD a run for their money…. Which is preposterous…. Serra beat Riordan 50 something to nothing or whatever it and couldn’t do anything against MD….

Even if Riordan wins the WCAL they are nowhere near the level of MD…. Let’s just wait and see if Riordan can even play a competitive game against ST Francis and Serra before hyping them up to be some kind of Nor Cal Super Team…. 🤣

Someone outside the program said that. No one from Riordan has ever said they are at MD’s level. Just stirring the pot. Riordan lost by 7 points at St. Francis. The game was in the balance up to the last drive.

Last edited:
UNLV was out and about in SJS last few days. If you have a pulse and can play a little you got an offer. Just the Check wthe IG & Twitters. They will be humming soon.
Most of these are class of 2026-27 kids. All marketing.

UNLV was out and about in SJS last few days. If you have a pulse and can play a little you got an offer. Just the Check wthe IG & Twitters. They will be humming soon.
Most of these are class of 2026-27 kids. All marketing.
Yep, guys who didn't even dominate JV games getting offers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT