ADVERTISEMENT

45th Cordova Christmas Classic (Dec 27 - 30)

Coach FJ

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
ALL GAMES PLAYED AT CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL

(Day 1)

MAIN GYM
3:30 PM - Grant vs Johnson
5:00 PM - Bradshaw Christian vs West Campus
6:30 PM - Chavez vs McClatchy
8:00 PM - San Juan vs Cordova
AUX GYM
3:30 PM - Rosemont vs Will C Wood
5:00 PM - Inderkum vs El Capitan
6:30 PM - Burbank vs Galt
8:00 PM - Oakland Tech vs Kennedy (Sac)

47-36 Indy up on oak tech at half.
very entertaining game played at a blistering pace.
Heard McClatchy has Covid and forfeit against grant although that was going to be a beat down.
Always enjoy the Cordova classic. Some real students of the games in the stands

Inderkum starting to pull away.
65-45 with 2:44 in 3rd.
Claxton has a little lonzo ball in his game.

Indy wins 93- 69

indy is interesting team. I’m not sure they can play slow. And at some point they will have to be able to run something. Pondo in d2 will be a great matchup. Diff styles but I think pondo causes them some challenges. Pondo big kid would score 40 against Indy.

Sorry to miss you tonight Larry. Inderkum is tough with their depth, versatility and style.

Indy wins 93- 69

indy is interesting team. I’m not sure they can play slow. And at some point they will have to be able to run something. Pondo in d2 will be a great matchup. Diff styles but I think pondo causes them some challenges. Pondo big kid would score 40 against Indy.
if they cant stop you you wont have to do anything different. all gas no brakes.

Yes, I was there. Oakland Tech should be ashamed of themselves. Take your butt whooping and go home. Sacramento doesn't need that in our tournaments.
Yeah it starts with coaching. His theatrics were hard to watch. His kids play hard and honestly it was chippy But refs did a poor job of taking control of that game. Inderkum just has so much size and speed and they can go 9-10 deep. I just think they may run into issues if they play a methodical style team. They should have won that game by 40. They take so many bad shots but I guess it’s a numbers game. More attempts =more buckets.

Reactions: Coach55Coach
Sorry to miss you tonight Larry. Inderkum is tough with their depth, versatility and style.
Yeah me too. I met some great guys in the stands. Some old school pacers. The sort of guys who have a history and love the kids. It’s a nice tourney to support and if you are local and want to watch some good hoops hit it up. One of my favorite gyms too.

Yeah it starts with coaching. His theatrics were hard to watch. His kids play hard and honestly it was chippy But refs did a poor job of taking control of that game. Inderkum just has so much size and speed and they can go 9-10 deep. I just think they may run into issues if they play a methodical style team. They should have won that game by 40. They take so many bad shots but I guess it’s a numbers game. More attempts =more buckets.
Great reply.

Reactions: larry legend33
Sacred Heart Prep beat Indy by 15 in the Riordan Crusader Classic - good spacing and knocked down a decent % of 3's
Not surprised. And they have a really good guard. That style of team will give them issues.
i had a coach that would tell us to play fast but not hurry. Inderkum figures this out and they will be very hard to beat.

John Wooden is known for that “play quickly, but don’t hurry” line…. At least that’s where I first heard it…

Not surprised. And they have a really good guard. That style of team will give them issues.
i had a coach that would tell us to play fast but not hurry. Inderkum figures this out and they will be very hard to beat.

John Wooden is known for that “play quickly, but don’t hurry” line…. At least that’s where I first heard it…
Larry must have played for coach Wooden.

Reactions: observer22
Without being there it would seem like zero adjustments on Grants part.
Agreed. I thought grant would learn more from first game down at Edison. Almost identical outcomes. But sometimes the other team is just better and Inderkum has a ton of players. I will say this. I like how there coach will go 9-10 deep. A lot of there bench guys are just as good as starters. I’m sure they have some heated practices.

Reactions: Coach55Coach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT