ADVERTISEMENT

And on the other side of the Sierra

McQueen_Fan

Board Regular
May 28, 2007
Reno totally demolished Reed last night 39-0. Reno's defense dominated the Reed offense throughout the game and the Reno offense pretty much ran and passed at will while also featuring their "Alabama Offered" stud Brandon Kaho. An amazingly one-sided game that I thought favored Reed going in. I don't know what, if anything, this means in evaluating Oak Ridge or Sheldon but for now Reno looks like the favorite to meet Gorman in the Nevada State Championship game.

FYI Nevada large schools have three divisions, one for the North and two for Las Vegas. On a rotating basis, one of the three division champions gets seeded into the State Championship game. This year it is the North. Gorman will most likely meet LV Liberty in a semifinal game.

That’s a shame, because Liberty clearly looks like a better team then Reno at this point.

Reno totally demolished Reed last night 39-0. Reno's defense dominated the Reed offense throughout the game and the Reno offense pretty much ran and passed at will while also featuring their "Alabama Offered" stud Brandon Kaho. An amazingly one-sided game that I thought favored Reed going in. I don't know what, if anything, this means in evaluating Oak Ridge or Sheldon but for now Reno looks like the favorite to meet Gorman in the Nevada State Championship game.

FYI Nevada large schools have three divisions, one for the North and two for Las Vegas. On a rotating basis, one of the three division champions gets seeded into the State Championship game. This year it is the North. Gorman will most likely meet LV Liberty in a semifinal game.

What are the top five teams in the North?
1) Damonte Ranch
2) Reno

Northern Nevada rankings are problematic. There are three teams with a chance to become the Northern Region Champs, Reno, Damonte and Reed. Beyond the top 3 it probably doesn't matter but for the sake of answering, I would say Manogue at four and maybe Carson at five. It is a huge gap from the top three to the rest of the local teams this year. Right now I would rate Reno #1 based on the strength of their defense which manhandled Reed Friday. I don't think Reed is as bad as they looked as Reno had key stops and Reed never got going. In a rematch it I would likely be a much closer game. Damonte is a mystery to me as I haven't seen them. They have one great 5-star guy at QB and what appears to be a rather porous defense and I think Reno and Reed would both be favorites. Reed can light it up and is not a good matchup for Damonte. These two will likely meet in a semifinal game with the survivor going on to meet an undefeated Reno team that has plenty of offense to compliment their defense.

Right now, IMO, Reno is the #1 team here and should advance to be sacrificed to Gorman.

Reactions: Las Vegas_JC
JUST CURIOUS WHAT HAPPENED TO WOOSTER OVER THE YEARS. Back in the 80's it was them and Gorman in state finals. They had an NFL player Dave Wyman. 85 Reno high was good also.

Northern Nevada rankings are problematic. There are three teams with a chance to become the Northern Region Champs, Reno, Damonte and Reed. Beyond the top 3 it probably doesn't matter but for the sake of answering, I would say Manogue at four and maybe Carson at five. It is a huge gap from the top three to the rest of the local teams this year. Right now I would rate Reno #1 based on the strength of their defense which manhandled Reed Friday. I don't think Reed is as bad as they looked as Reno had key stops and Reed never got going. In a rematch it I would likely be a much closer game. Damonte is a mystery to me as I haven't seen them. They have one great 5-star guy at QB and what appears to be a rather porous defense and I think Reno and Reed would both be favorites. Reed can light it up and is not a good matchup for Damonte. These two will likely meet in a semifinal game with the survivor going on to meet an undefeated Reno team that has plenty of offense to compliment their defense.

Right now, IMO, Reno is the #1 team here and should advance to be sacrificed to Gorman.
Reno vs Reed
Full game here
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/gustin-sports/2e424bf9a3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT