ADVERTISEMENT

Another year and another Reed, NV whooping

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Can somebody tell me what is going on at Reed, NV HS? How many years in a row have that spanked a top 20 Norcal team?

Can somebody tell me what is going on at Reed, NV HS? How many years in a row have that spanked a top 20 Norcal team?

I think you're selectively only recalling their games against Oak Ridge, as they seem to have the Trojans number. But I'm not so sure about anyone else. Since 2010, they are 5-6 against NorCal and 2-6 against teams not named Oak Ridge.

2017: beat Clayton Valley
2016: lost to Clayton Valley, beat Oak Ridge
2015: beat Oak Ridge
2014: lost to Clovis North, beat Oak Ridge
2013: beat Foothill-Palo Cedro
2012: lost to James Logan, lost to Foothill-Palo Cedro
2011: lost to Granite Bay
2010: lost to Granite Bay

It speaks more about the rankings system in Northern Ca. then to the Reed being great. Look at it like this Damonte Ranch is ranked higher than Reed and played Northgate HS. Northgate from the looks of it gave a better showing than CV. And NG is ranked what in NorCal or CA? My point isn't NG should be ranked higher not at all. Many times it seems rankings are a popularity contest or something and not so much about what's happening on the field.

It speaks more about the rankings system in Northern Ca. then to the Reed being great. Look at it like this Damonte Ranch is ranked higher than Reed and played Northgate HS. Northgate from the looks of it gave a better showing than CV. And NG is ranked what in NorCal or CA? My point isn't NG should be ranked higher not at all. Many times it seems rankings are a popularity contest or something and not so much about what's happening on the field.

Imagine if Reed wasn't losing certain kids to transfer to Cali schools.

I guess it was just recent memory with Oak Ridge and now CV. Actually from 2013 on they've had a good run. Seems like a lock for 11 or 12 wins every year. 9-15 they play OR at OR. If they beat OR this year eyebrows will be raised.

The same two people obsessing about Clayton Valley.

My question is why? People usually only talk about other teams so much if they are some kind of threat to them, their team, or a team they route for. If not, then who cares? The obsession is getting bizarre.

C'mon IndianPride. Let go of the CV thing. It's as played out as your old, banned IndianPride handle.

Reactions: UglyEagle

My question is why? People usually only talk about other teams so much if they are some kind of threat to them, their team, or a team they route for. If not, then who cares? The obsession is getting bizarre.

C'mon IndianPride. Let go of the CV thing. It's as played out as your old, banned IndianPride handle.

You're not talking about me right? I'm just replying to the thread.

Who is obsessing over what here? My post was in reference to rankings in NorCal and not geared towards any program in particular. My next post was in response to a comment about two overly sensitive posters here to which on que you show up.

We made our bed in that game and now we have to lay in it. It is what it is. Even if we won the same two obsessed people would have just said we played a weak team from Nevada. Its a lose lose when it comes to them. We have a tougher challenge this week. Not looking backward, trying to fix our issues and move forward. Don't count out the Uglys just yet. Lots of season to play.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
We made our bed in that game and now we have to lay in it. It is what it is. Even if we won the same two obsessed people would have just said we played a weak team from Nevada. Its a lose lose when it comes to them. We have a tougher challenge this week. Not looking backward, trying to fix our issues and move forward. Don't count out the Uglys just yet. Lots of season to play.
IndianPride is a discreet Ugly Eagles fan. Just another snowflake secretly in love with Murphy.

Reed is a nice squad. I saw them give Gorman all they could handle for a half a few years back. Reed beat them up front but Gorman had too many home run hitters for Reed to stop in the 2nd half. No shame at all losing to them. They're a solid team and returned some nice players this season.

Reed is a nice squad. I saw them give Gorman all they could handle for a half a few years back. Reed beat them up front but Gorman had too many home run hitters for Reed to stop in the 2nd half. No shame at all losing to them. They're a solid team and returned some nice players this season.
We handled them pretty easily last season but this year they came with it. Very well coached, played hungry and you are correct, they have some solid players with lots of experience. Hats off to them. They punched us in the mouth.

Reactions: slick58
Funny I was just going to ask you what your handle was prior to IndianPride. And don't say there wasn't one because I know there was.

Wasn't but would love to hear what you think? And for the record I have never hid from anything here. I told you what was up. Just like I predicted the election, etc, etc.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT