ADVERTISEMENT

ANTIOCH----THE TEAM TO BEAT

New -coaching and strength & conditioning matter.... amen.

-Now we are to understand that DLS gets the best zero star football players.... very subjective criteria but it fits the anti-DLS hysteria perfectly while simultaneously is a contradiction to the impact of coaching.

-You deserve credit for a different, maturing tune from "DLS gets all of the talent" and "talent wins games"

Lol. It's like I have said since I showed up here. Want to beat the best work harder than the best, or the gap,will never be closed. These people want to play both sides of the fence when it comes to DLS.

-coaching and strength & conditioning matter.... amen.

Cal High is close to DLS in regard to strength and conditioning. However, there's still a pretty big difference between the coaching staffs.

-Now we are to understand that DLS gets the best zero star football players.... very subjective criteria but it fits the anti-DLS hysteria perfectly while simultaneously is a contradiction to the impact of coaching.

If you can't see the big depth of talent advantage DLS has over pretty much every Nor Cal program, you're simply not being objective.

Your using a 1 year comparison when poster was responding to a comment that DLS typically has more talent. In other words year after year, and Pitt typically has more talent than Antioch.
That doesn't mean year after year Pitt has more talent than the Cal, San Ramon or Monte Vista. Which are the three teams they have been playing and going back and forth with.

The depth of talent is created with hard work and commitment from day one of freshman ball.

Hogwash, either a guy can play or he can't. If that were the case Cal High would have similar depth of talent and they most certainly don't. I use CHS as an example because they have a similar commitment to strength and conditioning. .

Last edited:
Hogwash, either a guy can play or he can't. If that were the case Cal High would have similar depth of talent and they most certainly don't. I use CHS as an example because they have a similar commitment to strength and conditioning. .

From the people who post on here Cal HS doesnt always have the commitment approaching DLS- same from the people whom I have spoken with in the Cal community.

The Sanchez years they did. Some of the Billeci years they have. They sure didnt look like it the last two years. DLS gets it from top to bottom. Year after year. 50 weeks per year.

It is easy to dismiss the S&C program or claim equivalence... much tougher to get the across the board commitment like the Green Machine.

Lol. It's like I have said since I showed up here. Want to beat the best work harder than the best, or the gap,will never be closed. These people want to play both sides of the fence when it comes to DLS.

Agree. Talent means little until you match their work ethic.
SJB and CC certainly match it.

That doesn't mean year after year Pitt has more talent than the Cal, San Ramon or Monte Vista. Which are the three teams they have been playing and going back and forth with.

Agreed, but you didn't name those programs you named Antioch.

Hogwash, either a guy can play or he can't. If that were the case Cal High would have similar depth of talent and they most certainly don't. I use CHS as an example because they have a similar commitment to strength and conditioning.

Ok great but do they have the same commitment to team? Selfless play and players? Drive by DLS one day and take notice of their practice. Everybody looks exactly the same. They all look equal, nobody stands out. Then drive by any other practice and look at their teams and all the players with their own style, their own look at me mentality. You don't have that at the program. And that's just one instance where they differ from other programs. It may seem small and you can roll your eyes to it but over the course of 4 years the message is clear. And to think athlete's aren't made after their eighth grade year is naive at best.

The kids that I know personally from youth football that are great players that moved on to DLS are Hooper, Das and Wiley. They would have been just as good of football players had they attended public high schools.

Reactions: Paloma
CC and SJB match DLS in talent and lose to DLS by being out worked. NO Nor Cal team approaches DLS in talent.

It would do you good to research the only way to objectively check talent (D1 offers) and get back to me whether SJB, CC and DLS have EQUAL talent.

In the NorCal Preps Top 50 players for 2016, DLS has one player.
There are 12 Nor Cal schools with multiple top 50 players.

So much for no team "approaching" DLS talent.

Reactions: Indianpride45
The kids that I know personally from youth football that are great players that moved on to DLS are Hooper, Das and Wiley. They would have been just as good of football players had they attended public high schools.

so much for coaching and S&C programs having an impact on HS football players.

Reactions: Indianpride45
It would do you good to research the only way to objectively check talent (D1 offers) and get back to me whether SJB, CC and DLS have EQUAL talent.

In the NorCal Preps Top 50 players for 2016, DLS has one player.
There are 12 Nor Cal schools with multiple top 50 players.

So much for no team "approaching" DLS talent.

D1 talent is not the only way to gauge talent how many offers did Damon Wiley get? Do you consider him talented? I most certainly do.

Speaking of talent does anyone know if Antoine Custer signed a letter of intent? He appears to have had four offers. I know Andrew Hernandez is a walk on at Cal Poly.

Great 3 kids over a 25 year plus history. That doesn't address the 30 to 50 players per team now does it. Your excuses play both sides of the fence you do realize that right?

Great 3 kids over a 25 year plus history. That doesn't address the 30 to 50 players per team now does it. Your excuses play both sides of the fence you do realize that right?

Excuse me for not knowing more of them personally. I know you and PJ think they have rag tag talent coached up to go undefeated in Nor Cal since 1991.

Talent is relative and less than objective when measured only with D1 offers.

Plenty of HS players who match up or exceed FBS picks but either didn't want to pursue college FB, didn't have the grades, had a different primary sport, or simply were stuck behind someone else for whatever reason.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Talent is relative and less than objective when measured only with D1 offers.

Plenty of HS players who match up or exceed FBS picks but either didn't want to pursue college FB, didn't have the grades, had a different primary sport, or simply were stuck behind someone else for whatever reason.

No doubt 1315. That 2013 Cal High and 2015 Foothill teams had very little D1 talent but made it to the section final, not bad for publics.

Agreed, but you didn't name those programs you named Antioch.
My Antioch comment was responding to the comparison Paul made about why Pitt doesn't dominate the EBAL. My point being Pitt doesn't have superior talent to the EBAL year in and year out and I didn't know where he was going with that analogy.

Reactions: Bubba3000
It's kind of hard to copy a system that has the majority of the local talent willing to pay $16k a year to attend

Wow nice dig at NorCal talent. So what does DLS have 1000 kids total. Of those maybe 150 play football? So your saying in all the Bay Area there is only a handful of kids with talent? I think it has more to do with system,coaching, accountability, etc........and the tuition has absolutely zero to do with it.

Excuse me for not knowing more of them personally. I know you and PJ think they have rag tag talent coached up to go undefeated in Nor Cal since 1991.

But your excuse for their success is they get all this predeveloped talent, when reality is they get the most out of what they have. And that's through the system, coaching, accountability, etc...........but it's much easier to just dismiss everything those kids and coaches work for by saying they get all the talent. They have more coaches......they pay 16k to be there, blah blah blah....

Reactions: paul_johnson884
But your excuse for their success is they get all this predeveloped talent, when reality is they get the most out of what they have. And that's through the system, coaching, accountability, etc...........but it's much easier to just dismiss everything those kids and coaches work for by saying they get all the talent. They have more coaches......they pay 16k to be there, blah blah blah....

I guess we will just agree to disagree. I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change mine.

No doubt 1315. That 2013 Cal High and 2015 Foothill teams had very little D1 talent but made it to the section final, not bad for publics.

Not bad for publics? What does that mean? I not positive here but I think in terms of state championship it split right down the middle between public and private schools. This gross advantage that folks think privates have just doesn't seem to be.

Not bad for publics? What does that mean? I not positive here but I think in terms of state championship it split right down the middle between public and private schools. This gross advantage that folks think privates have just doesn't seem to be.

Well let's see a public D1 in nor cal hasn't beaten DLS since 1991. Yeh, I'd call that a pretty even split.......

I guess we will just agree to disagree

Yes we will. And to be fair I used to be just like you in thinking about DLS. Then my buddies kids went through there and I got a distant look at how they operate. I realized pretty quick it had more to do with what they do than who they have. Like I said earlier stroll by summer ball and take a look no individuals there just a team. Then go compare it to a school of your choice I guarantee you will see individuals, it's starts there...

D1 talent is not the only way to gauge talent how many offers did Damon Wiley get? Do you consider him talented? I most certainly do.

yes I do-Wiley was a damn goof HS football player.

Your problem is you make statements that have no objective basis. D1 offers are objective.
Your opinion of zero star football players (of which you are on record as knowing exactly 3 players that have played at DLS in the last 30 years- only one of which was a zero star player) is as subjective as possible.

You state that all of the local talent goes to DLS. Yet, Nor Cal Preps top 50 players has 17 players that are in the NCS- 1 of those 17 is at DLS. You want to ignore objective data that shows it is 16-1 in the top 50 at NCP but believe that DLS gets all of the zero star players. That is not logical. At all.

My Antioch comment was responding to the comparison Paul made about why Pitt doesn't dominate the EBAL. My point being Pitt doesn't have superior talent to the EBAL year in and year out and I didn't know where he was going with that analogy.

I would bet over a 20 or 30 year period Pitt has more talent in most years. I see it just about every year.

yes I do-Wiley was a damn goof HS football player.

Your problem is you make statements that have no objective basis. D1 offers are objective.
Your opinion of zero star football players (of which you are on record as knowing exactly 3 players that have played at DLS in the last 30 years- only one of which was a zero star player) is as subjective as possible.

You state that all of the local talent goes to DLS. Yet, Nor Cal Preps top 50 players has 17 players that are in the NCS- 1 of those 17 is at DLS. You want to ignore objective data that shows it is 16-1 in the top 50 at NCP but believe that DLS gets all of the zero star players. That is not logical. At all.

I said most not all. Far more than average would be more accurate.

Thats it? That is your response?
No support of your your unsubstantiated claims?
No intellectual discussion of how the facts dont support your claims?

Speaks volumes to the real problem you have: jealousy.

Whatever you say front runner. I'm not going to change your mind on this topic and you won't change mine.

What part of DLS is consistently strong at all 22 starting positions don't you get? In Nor Cal the very best non DLS teams are strong at most at 16 starting positions. Couple that with the strong DLS coaching staff and strong work ethic and voila, you have a team that is undefeated for 24 years and counting. Even the private D1 schools in the WCAL can't compete with them because the talent in that area is divided up amongst teams like Bellarmine, Serra, St. Francis, etc.........all the while DLS pretty much stands alone geographically cherry picking from a 45 mile radius. Now, show me your cluelessness by bringing up the vaunted BOD football program as part of your argument to deflect from the huge geographical advantage DLS enjoys.

What part of DLS is consistently strong at all 22 starting positions don't you get? In Nor Cal the very best non DLS teams are strong at most at 16 starting positions. Couple that with the strong DLS coaching staff and strong work ethic and voila, you have a team that is undefeated for 24 years and counting. Even the private D1 schools in the WCAL can't compete with them because the talent in that area is divided up amongst teams like Bellarmine, Serra, St. Francis, etc.........all the while DLS pretty much stands alone geographically cherry picking from a 45 mile radius. Now, show me your cluelessness by bringing up the vaunted BOD football program as part of your argument to deflect from the huge geographical advantage DLS enjoys.

Don't let the facts impact your opinion:
-In DLS area the NCP top 50 has 17 players at 12 schools. 1 at DLS
-The WCAL has 4 players at 3 schools.

It is instructive that you claim DLS has great coaching and S&C but then can't understand how that would lead to zero star players playing better. The hallmark of DLS success is line play. Who gets more out of 185-220 Lb lineman than DLS. And this doesn't sink in with you.

You don't have any objectivity in your whining. Just a bunch of feminine, emotional excuse making.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Molon_Labe_
Don't let the facts impact your opinion:
-In DLS area the NCP top 50 has 17 players at 12 schools. 1 at DLS
-The WCAL has 4 players at 3 schools.

It is instructive that you claim DLS has great coaching and S&C but then can't understand how that would lead to zero star players playing better. The hallmark of DLS success is line play. Who gets more out of 185-220 Lb lineman than DLS. And this doesn't sink in with you.

You don't have any objectivity in your whining. Just a bunch of feminine, emotional excuse making.

Depth of talent, pure and simple

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT