ADVERTISEMENT

Any Reports on the Pittsburg Jamboree held Friday Night?

Interesting format put together this year. Only three teams (Pittsburg, De La Salle, and James Logan), and it looked like everyone from all three teams played a lot. DLS and Pittsburg used split squads to go against James Logan in some of the sessions.

Analysis:

DLS= Hale looked good throwing the ball on the run, and was a little less efficient in the pocket. They ran a bunch of spread offense. Garrett is one hell of a player and looked great. Defensively they seemed to be in a lot of three defensive linemen defenses. This team looks much different without Henry, but I don’t see anyone in the NCS beating them. I don’t see them beating St. Thomas and Folsom game should be close DLS win.

Pittsburg= Very talented at the skill position and the two quarterbacks look very solid. Also, the skill players are juniors so things aren’t bad at Pitt. The freshman Williams looks the part. Could not tell he was a Freshman. The offensive and defensive lines looked ok but were getting knocked around a little against DLS. They looked a little green, but a lot of promise. The defense looks like it will also be a solid group with a lot speed to the ball. Their schedule will tell us a lot about the program if they can start off on a win streak.

James Logan has a very good looking quarterback, and the program overall looks like they are on the upswing. Rodriguez seems to be getting things together because the team just looks more like a D1 program. Same can’t be said in previous years. I can see Logan being over .500 and pushing for a high seed in NCS. They good size upfront that will help them compete and compliment a solid group of skill guys. Depth may not quite be there to compete with Pitt and Liberty, but they’ll give others problems if healthy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT