ADVERTISEMENT

BISHOP O'dowd Looks for a better season

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The Dragon's had a rough season in 2015, going 3-2 in league play and 7-6 for the season, but made the playoffs...In the preseason last year, BD met W.c. Wood in a wild scoring game, but lost 49-45 in a game they would not quit.
In the playoff's, the Dragons got by Alhambra 17-14 in a game they should have lost, but thanks to the Bulldogs commenting so many penalities in which two TD's were called back, the Dragon's went on to face Campolindo and played them tough but lost 25-13.
This season, BD has three possible QB's to work with and a team split between jrs. and sr.s, plus a large turn out.

9-02.....Tamalpais Home 7 P.M.
9-09.....Justin-Siena Home 7 P.M.
9-17.....Saint Mary's of Albany Sat. Away 1:30 P.M.
9-23.....Freedom Home 7P.M.
9-30.....James Logan Away 7 P.M.
10-07.....Piedmont Away 7 P.M
10-14.....Castro Valley Home 7 P.M.
10-21.....Tennyson Away 4 P.M.
10-28.....Berkeley Home 7 P.M.
11-04.....San Leandro Away 7 P.M.
In mid May, comes spring training, so we will get a taste of what the Dragon's may have to offer, preseason games three, four and five, should turn the Dragon's into a Battle tested team, the ruffest being against Freedom....

Reactions: concrete17
O'Dowd always seems to have a handful of college prospects, but can't find the right depth or execution to be a top team in the Bay Area.

I was hoping the series between BoD & Wood wud continue...that was an interesting Pre Season Games. Don't know much about Tamalpais & St. Mary's. I always hear about Justin Siena ( they do fine in the NCS & were a good in the old SCAL of the SJS).

O'DOWD will have a solid season. Kauffman is building it the right way without compromising. They always have talent, but they have lacked the cohesiveness. BO will have top rated talent, and should be an interesting team to watch.

O'DOWD will have a solid season. Kauffman is building it the right way without compromising. They always have talent, but they have lacked the cohesiveness. BO will have top rated talent, and should be an interesting team to watch.
From what I can see, BO has a good mix of Jr and Sr.....Last season, the Dragon's faced some pretty good teams in the preseason, so the same stands true for the 2016 season.

The Dragon's had a rough season in 2015, going 3-2 in league play and 7-6 for the season, but made the playoffs...In the preseason last year, BD met W.c. Wood in a wild scoring game, but lost 49-45 in a game they would not quit.
In the playoff's, the Dragons got by Alhambra 17-14 in a game they should have lost, but thanks to the Bulldogs commenting so many penalities in which two TD's were called back, the Dragon's went on to face Campolindo and played them tough but lost 25-13.
This season, BD has three possible QB's to work with and a team split between jrs. and sr.s, plus a large turn out.

9-02.....Tamalpais Home 7 P.M.
9-09.....Justin-Siena Home 7 P.M.
9-17.....Saint Mary's of Albany Sat. Away 1:30 P.M.
9-23.....Freedom Home 7P.M.
9-30.....James Logan Away 7 P.M.
10-07.....Piedmont Away 7 P.M
10-14.....Castro Valley Home 7 P.M.
10-21.....Tennyson Away 4 P.M.
10-28.....Berkeley Home 7 P.M.
11-04.....San Leandro Away 7 P.M.
In mid May, comes spring training, so we will get a taste of what the Dragon's may have to offer, preseason games three, four and five, should turn the Dragon's into a Battle tested team, the ruffest being against Freedom....
Seems to be a lot of love for BOD football. How long are they allowed to "underachieve".They were really good under Perenon, but it's been quite awhile now. Seems like we get a thread like this every year about them

Coach Perenon is at Mt Eden and has made a subpar program decent, he is limited on talent but they have winning seasons so appears to be doing okay.

As far as Odowd, yes this seems to be same conversation every year. They always have talent but results dont reflect that. I am not sold on Kaufman. Two 5-5 seasons are not anything to write about, when you have 9-1 talent. For two years, they ALMOST beat San Leandro and ALMOST beat Wood and ALMOST beat Logan, they ALMOST beat St. Marys...getting the picture. Too much talent there to always almost be good. Cant be just the kids, I think coaching is an issue. Word on the street is he is not running very tight ship, too much on his plate

Reactions: remc
Coach Perenon is at Mt Eden and has made a subpar program decent, he is limited on talent but they have winning seasons so appears to be doing okay.

As far as Odowd, yes this seems to be same conversation every year. They always have talent but results dont reflect that. I am not sold on Kaufman. Two 5-5 seasons are not anything to write about, when you have 9-1 talent. For two years, they ALMOST beat San Leandro and ALMOST beat Wood and ALMOST beat Logan, they ALMOST beat St. Marys...getting the picture. Too much talent there to always almost be good. Cant be just the kids, I think coaching is an issue. Word on the street is he is not running very tight ship, too much on his plate
Are they really that talented?I'm asking because perennial underachieving under different coaches diesnt indicate that to me. How many of these kids from the program are going on to play college ball? How many are D1 prospects? If they are producing college prospects and finishing 5-5,7-6,3-7, then yes Is point to coaching.But how many prospects are they producing has to be determined before the "are talented but annually underachieve" card can be played.

Are they really that talented?I'm asking because perennial underachieving under different coaches diesnt indicate that to me. How many of these kids from the program are going on to play college ball? How many are D1 prospects? If they are producing college prospects and finishing 5-5,7-6,3-7, then yes Is point to coaching.But how many prospects are they producing has to be determined before the "are talented but annually underachieve" card can be played.
They have plenty of talent, this year team has a few D1 recruits, last year had highly recruited LB and currently several kids playing at college level. I would say they are about 7-10 odowd kids playing D1 football right now.

BOD Freshman RB Austin Jones should be a stud for the next 3 years. Not often a Frosh can rush for 1,000+ yards on varsity against relatively good competition. College coaches LOVE Vera-Tucker at OT and John Madden's grandkid is a Frosh OT with a 6'4 240 frame too, they should be legit the next few years. Godfrey is a 6'2 CB who should land a power 5 offer or two.

Godfrey has already received SEVERAL D1 to include Cal. I know some scouts and they love his length, 6-2 6-3 fast and athletic. Only about 175 so can get bigger. Didnt start at beginning of season and got hurt at end so only played like 5 games, good coaching will take him to next level

Godfrey has already received SEVERAL D1 to include Cal. I know some scouts and they love his length, 6-2 6-3 fast and athletic. Only about 175 so can get bigger. Didnt start at beginning of season and got hurt at end so only played like 5 games, good coaching will take him to next level

Congrats to Godfrey! Cal Bear staying home :)

I was hoping the series between BoD & Wood wud continue...that was an interesting Pre Season Games. Don't know much about Tamalpais & St. Mary's. I always hear about Justin Siena ( they do fine in the NCS & were a good in the old SCAL of the SJS).
Can't speak on Tam, but St. Mary's is usually a decent program. They were NCS D4 Section Champs 3 years ago and D4 runner up to Justin Siena the following year.Lost last year in the playoffs to a very good Moreau Catholic team.There league battles versus El Cerritos and Salesian are always fun to watch. Solid to very good in D4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT