ADVERTISEMENT

BVAL Easy League?

JCBUST

Superstar
Nov 24, 2016
Can someone please explain to me what happened to the MHAL? Who's the crook with the great idea to matchup A league Piedmont Hills with bottom feeder C teams? This idea reminds me of the consolation playoffs football had last year. Where did the likes of Leigh, ST, Pioneer, Westmont and Oak Grove end up? It's going to be fun watching PH crush 1/2 the league by 50. Great way to prepare for playoffs.

Any insight?? Please fill me in!

The bval had the league post-season tournament that they scrapped, the move up/relegation divisions. Same with the pal with north/south and power/non-power divisions they have had.

That's on the league, if they want to make their division by regions so be it. Not PH's fault that Leigh, ST, Pioneer, Westmont and Oak Grove are not located in the same region/area.

Ultimately, it was probably the league deciding the direction they wanted to go for who knows what reason. Definitely makes the pre-season more compelling because they have to schedule games to make the CCS resume standout come CCS tournament time because they are not going to those competitive games in league.

The bval had the league post-season tournament that they scrapped, the move up/relegation divisions. Same with the pal with north/south and power/non-power divisions they have had.

That's on the league, if they want to make their division by regions so be it. Not PH's fault that Leigh, ST, Pioneer, Westmont and Oak Grove are not located in the same region/area.

Ultimately, it was probably the league deciding the direction they wanted to go for who knows what reason. Definitely makes the pre-season more compelling because they have to schedule games to make the CCS resume standout come CCS tournament time because they are not going to those competitive games in league.
For an A league power like PH who plays 150 summer games to prepare for a deep playoff run this makes no sense. I can't believe Coach Simos would let this happen, it's going to hurt his program. Playing teams with 5'5 centers will be fun! Good news is he won't have to deal with any upsets from the likes of OG/ST/Leigh. If this league stays intact PH may be one and done like last 2/3 seasons. Please stand up for your Pirates.

BVAL is now divided into three leagues that are region-specific. This also applies to the girls side as well. There is the BVAL West, South, and East leagues. This allows for schools to increase their attendance to games because of their proximity to their "natural rivals."

An example would be the Leigh - Piedmont Hills example. Although they are better matched up in terms of strength, the attendance for the match-up pales in comparison to a Leigh - Branham game. Driving across the city for an intense basketball game can be quite a deterrent instead of driving down a couple of streets for a rivalry game.

I'm pretty sure more people would go to a PH/Leigh game then PH/Lick massacre of sorts. Maybe PH should even the playing field and let the 3-4 worst teams in the section play with 7 on the court, 9 would be even but some of those schools only have 1-2 on the bench. I get the rival thing but could of been more equitable. PH may never lose a game in this league. If PH loses then us fans will never see another water bottle thrown again. I'm going to cross my fingers this changes after 1 year.

Last edited:
That sounds like a zrules type reponse.
Don't know the Rules guy but I do know YB only lost to Sobrato by 32 tonight......Also Lynbrook took down Overfelt by 25. In all fairness Lynbrook has a legit 5'7 SF. Should make for an interesting year, wouldn't you agree?

Don't know the Rules guy but I do know YB only lost to Sobrato by 32 tonight......Also Lynbrook took down Overfelt by 25. In all fairness Lynbrook has a legit 5'7 SF. Should make for an interesting year, wouldn't you agree?
Here is a perfect example of the criminal aspect of the league.

Huge game from Westmont. Bval East YB loses by 50 yes 50 to former B league team Westmont. That's fun for everyone! Gate? Who wants to pay $6 for that! They should of included San Jose in the border engineering, they only lost by 40 to Lick.

Whoever constructed this plan should of included Latino College Prep and KIPP Collegiate to make the league more competitive at the bottom. Maybe even construct a "South Bay"headed by Anchorpoint Christian and Sisters of the poor.

So honestly PH might score 125 on YB.......again please rethink this travesty!

The score you are referencing had to have been entered incorrectly in maxpreps. I don't think there is that big of a discrepency between YB and a team like Westmont.

Does anyone know who the second best team (rating from last year) in this East League is? Were any other former A league teams included?

The score you are referencing had to have been entered incorrectly in maxpreps. I don't think there is that big of a discrepency between YB and a team like Westmont.

Does anyone know who the second best team (rating from last year) in this East League is? Were any other former A league teams included?
Westmont won 71-21, its not an error. Westmont lost 72-49 to Los Gatos the previous game. I'm telling you Amoeba this is a travesty! A good frosh team would beat YB and a couple others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT