ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone define the Undue influence rule

Young people like things and they want to do them all the time -- but that doesn't mean they should. Obviously Craig's situation with Madison was well-thought out , and she was clearly a scholarship player, and most important, he completely understands the world of high school/club/college basketball.

In too many cases, girls and families are influenced by club coaches who generate income -- and instill fear by saying that girls will fall hopelessly behind if they miss a few weeks of whatever sport they're selling -- and don't really understand the system. Sadly, there is no motivation for anyone to explain it to them, as colleges are dependent on club coaches and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them by saying a girl could skip a season.

And again, just because a girl wants to do something doesn't mean she should. A girl who wants to do nothing but read and study all the time should, I would think, be urged to exercise; a girl who wants to eat nothing but burgers and fries for dinner will presumably have some vegetables put on her plate.

(I checked, and the volleyball national championships end July 4, and beach volleyball continues all summer.)

Young people like things and they want to do them all the time -- but that doesn't mean they should. Obviously Craig's situation with Madison was well-thought out , and she was clearly a scholarship player, and most important, he completely understands the world of high school/club/college basketball.

In too many cases, girls and families are influenced by club coaches who generate income -- and instill fear by saying that girls will fall hopelessly behind if they miss a few weeks of whatever sport they're selling -- and don't really understand the system. Sadly, there is no motivation for anyone to explain it to them, as colleges are dependent on club coaches and don't want to bite the hand that feeds them by saying a girl could skip a season.

And again, just because a girl wants to do something doesn't mean she should. A girl who wants to do nothing but read and study all the time should, I would think, be urged to exercise; a girl who wants to eat nothing but burgers and fries for dinner will presumably have some vegetables put on her plate.

(I checked, and the volleyball national championships end July 4, and beach volleyball continues all summer.)

That's a long ass volleyball season. Start in December and go through July??? and here I thought AAU was long...lol

It starts in August, which is when high school volleyball starts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT