ADVERTISEMENT

Central at Oak Ridge D1AA NorCal game

That is great news. I was thinking it could be SJM. This will be a one of biggest games on Trojan history.

Why is Serra not playing Central? They are a higher ranked team than Oak Ridge. That's bullshit. CIF playing politics. No one on this board believes OR should be the D1A rep. Either OR is the sacrificial lamb or Serra did some political manuvering for an easier game. Sorry..that's my opinion. CIF is responsible for proper seeding based on strength not on future bowl game matchups!

Why is Serra not playing Central? They are a higher ranked team than Oak Ridge. That's bullshit. CIF playing politics. No one on this board believes OR should be the D1A rep. Either OR is the sacrificial lamb or Serra did some political manuvering for an easier game. Sorry..that's my opinion. CIF is responsible for proper seeding based on strength not on future bowl game matchups!

There are a few headscratchers for the SoCal games, too. No matter who was going to matchup with either Oak Ridge or Serra in the D-IA game, it was going to be somewhat of a mismatch (Serra has twice ripped the CS D-II winner already).

There are a few headscratchers for the SoCal games, too. No matter who was going to matchup with either Oak Ridge or Serra in the D-IA game, it was going to be somewhat of a mismatch (Serra has twice ripped the CS D-II winner already).
And it should be the same outcome against SJM. I'd rather see Serra play a Central, Buchanan or Liberty (Bakersfield). I'm just as tired as you are witnessing the Padres' beat up on the CS step child. Just as I'm tired of Clovis ripping Salinas.:)

It’s a surprise. I would have liked to too see newman play mcclymonds as well. But don’t overlook this OR team. They are playing very well right now. They are big, fast , and athletic with one of top play callers in NorCal. I expect a very good game.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101

If I may, gently and with all due respect, the CCS commissioner has no deep and abiding love for the WCAL and especially the papal Padres of San Mateo. If anything that particular office would probably try to pit Serra against the Green Bay Packers if at all possible.

If I may, gently and with all due respect, the CCS commissioner has no deep and abiding love for the WCAL and especially the papal Padres of San Mateo. If anything that particular office would probably try to pit Serra against the Green Bay Packers if at all possible.
Ahhh interesting point. That could explain a lot. You must have some direct knowledge. wink

Still pissed when Serra rightfully pulled out of that loser bowl against Milpitas the CCS was pushing years ago?

Don't be gentle ! It's true ! The CCS' disdain for the WCAL has been going on for the last 35 years. Going back to Los Gatos coach Butch Cattolico always crying about WCAL football and wanting them out of the section. Remember when SH left the WCAL to reorganize the program ? During that time as an independent SH had some really strong teams yet the CCS wouldn't allow SH to participate in the playoffs due too no conference affiliation. They were 9-1 for goodness sake with victories over WCAL schools ! Does anyone really think if that were a public/charter school playing as an independent they would have been denied a playoff opportunity ? NOT ! While scheduling the Packers for any WCAL school would make the CCS happy , they would be even happier if they could kick the WCAL out of the section all together. Boys and now girls.

Still pissed when Serra rightfully pulled out of that loser bowl against Milpitas the CCS was pushing years ago?
Exactly, the only year that BS experimental game was to be played. Also, Serra was placed on CCS probation, banned from football postseson (can't remember for how long) and paid Milpitas for costs and lost revenue. That all being said I wonder when Aragon will be punished for their for forfeit to MA this year or make any financial restitution ? We all know the answer too that !

Don't be gentle ! It's true ! The CCS' disdain for the WCAL has been going on for the last 35 years. Going back to Los Gatos coach Butch Cattolico always crying about WCAL football and wanting them out of the section. Remember when SH left the WCAL to reorganize the program ? During that time as an independent SH had some really strong teams yet the CCS wouldn't allow SH to participate in the playoffs due too no conference affiliation. They were 9-1 for goodness sake with victories over WCAL schools ! Does anyone really think if that were a public/charter school playing as an independent they would have been denied a playoff opportunity ? NOT ! While scheduling the Packers for any WCAL school would make the CCS happy , they would be even happier if they could kick the WCAL out of the section all together. Boys and now girls.

Sure that is why Los Gatos scheduled WCAL schools in the pre-season because they wanted them kicked out of the section. Almost everyone who has ever played ball or coached at a CCS public has cried about WCAL football at some point in time but don't single out one of the public school coaches with the most wins against WCAL schools, especially with a statement that is inaccurate made anonymously on a computer...

Full disclosure here (during the Butch Cattolico/Los Gato era/dynasty). Whereas I probably attended more Los Gatos High School games, I always liked seeing WCAL teams play other WCAL teams. Been to more St. Francis, Bellermine, Valley Christian home games than I can count. Evenly matched Catholic vs. Catholic, Catholics vs. the one WCAL Christian School (Valley Christian) were always soulful, spiritual, yummy outings for my hschool football palate. But never really cared for nor got too excited, either during pre-season or during playoffs when WCAL teams were pitted against one of the CCS public schools. On cold often wet and rainy nights, usually at San Jose City College stadium where most of the major CCS playoff or championship games were held in late Novembers, whenever the top public was pitted against the top WCAL team, sure, I'd attend, and always was happy as heck when a public won the game, but beforehand, I always had this sort of sickening, perverse feeling in my stomach that the scales were somehow tilted toward the best Catholic/Christian school teams and that the best public school teams were, well, being served-up, or allowing themselves to be served-up, as a sacrificial lamb. Yep, count me as one die hard who thinks that when push comes to shove, the WCAL teams (and teams like De La Salle of yore) have had that old private school advantage about which so much has been bickered over during the years. That's why (I'd say) most of us with CCS public school DNA-laced blood running through our veins, we LOVED IT, TRULY LOVED IT when LG Coach Butch Cattolico refused to opt-up and play the number one WCAL teams. Speaking for myself, here, I simply trusted that Butch knew what he was doing and why he was doing it--not opting-up--and that, more likely than not, his Wildcats were gonna stomp, or come very close to stomping, some other public school's (or lesser WCAL school's) butt during the non-opted-up post season games. Hey, I did not attend all those long season LG games just to see my fav public school team play-up and risk eating it by the end of the 4th quarter at the hands of one of the WCAL teams. Nope, never felt cheated nor disappointed when Butch had his team stay in its lane come the playoffs. At the same time, I also loved seeing two WCAL teams in the top tier Open games go at it. Muds

As far as Oak Ridge v Central.... they have 3 common opponents.. and Central blew through all of with no problems. OR beat all 3 as well... Central has a ferocious passing game.. the last 2 yrs.. Kris Richardson led Folsom was their Kryptonite.
I know OR QB is Lights out... but if their defense can't match up with the Grizzlies passing game.. Griz will win. These guys play fast... they had a close one last week vs Buchanan.. but Georgia commit Kendall Milton single handedly kept the Bears in the game. This game will be interesting.

Unfortunately Serra won't be at full strength with their #1 and #2 QBs out with injuries. Would have loved to have seen how far they could go at full strength. Would have given DLS a huge battle

Reactions: ThunderRam
Full disclosure here (during the Butch Cattolico/Los Gato era/dynasty). Whereas I probably attended more Los Gatos High School games, I always liked seeing WCAL teams play other WCAL teams. Been to more St. Francis, Bellermine, Valley Christian home games than I can count. Evenly matched Catholic vs. Catholic, Catholics vs. the one WCAL Christian School (Valley Christian) were always soulful, spiritual, yummy outings for my hschool football palate. But never really cared for nor got too excited, either during pre-season or during playoffs when WCAL teams were pitted against one of the CCS public schools. On cold often wet and rainy nights, usually at San Jose City College stadium where most of the major CCS playoff or championship games were held in late Novembers, whenever the top public was pitted against the top WCAL team, sure, I'd attend, and always was happy as heck when a public won the game, but beforehand, I always had this sort of sickening, perverse feeling in my stomach that the scales were somehow tilted toward the best Catholic/Christian school teams and that the best public school teams were, well, being served-up, or allowing themselves to be served-up, as a sacrificial lamb. Yep, count me as one die hard who thinks that when push comes to shove, the WCAL teams (and teams like De La Salle of yore) have had that old private school advantage about which so much has been bickered over during the years. That's why (I'd say) most of us with CCS public school DNA-laced blood running through our veins, we LOVED IT, TRULY LOVED IT when LG Coach Butch Cattolico refused to opt-up and play the number one WCAL teams. Speaking for myself, here, I simply trusted that Butch knew what he was doing and why he was doing it--not opting-up--and that, more likely than not, his Wildcats were gonna stomp, or come very close to stomping, some other public school's (or lesser WCAL school's) butt during the non-opted-up post season games. Hey, I did not attend all those long season LG games just to see my fav public school team play-up and risk eating it by the end of the 4th quarter at the hands of one of the WCAL teams. Nope, never felt cheated nor disappointed when Butch had his team stay in its lane come the playoffs. At the same time, I also loved seeing two WCAL teams in the top tier Open games go at it. Muds

Just reading another epic epistle from the legendary Muds, who has been MIA for awhile, is balm for the tattered soul.

These guys play fast... they had a close one last week vs Buchanan.. but Georgia commit Kendall Milton single handedly kept the Bears in the game.
Absolutely, Milton is the real deal. Hopefully, the Trojans can move the ball and manage the clock, their performance vs Folsom is a good indication it will be an interesting game.

Reactions: Thunderous
As far as Oak Ridge v Central.... they have 3 common opponents.. and Central blew through all of with no problems. OR beat all 3 as well... Central has a ferocious passing game.. the last 2 yrs.. Kris Richardson led Folsom was their Kryptonite.
I know OR QB is Lights out... but if their defense can't match up with the Grizzlies passing game.. Griz will win. These guys play fast... they had a close one last week vs Buchanan.. but Georgia commit Kendall Milton single handedly kept the Bears in the game. This game will be interesting.
the passing game was really dynamic the last two years but that qb is at davis now. silva the first year starter has stepped up and done a good job. he does have 3 division 1 recruits to toss it to which makes life easy. they won the central section 3 straight years so they know how to play when the stakes are high. the tailback ran for about 170 in the title game. they will be happy to not see folsom again and might finally win. Kendall Milton ends his career 0-6 versus Central only topping 100 yards once. Central can play.

I think the D1 player thing gets overplayed a lot. Folsom had 10 or so this year and Oak Ridge played them even. Lamson has zero offers but will probably be the best player on the field. Oak Ridge has just beaten 2 extremely athletic teams. They aren’t slow people. Who takes care of the ball I’m what looks to be bad conditions will decide this. OR doesn’t have a Milton but they have a lot of weapons.

I think the D1 player thing gets overplayed a lot. Folsom had 10 or so this year and Oak Ridge played them even. Lamson has zero offers but will probably be the best player on the field. Oak Ridge has just beaten 2 extremely athletic teams. They aren’t slow people. Who takes care of the ball I’m what looks to be bad conditions will decide this. OR doesn’t have a Milton but they have a lot of weapons.
I'm not sold that Folsom has 10 Division 1 players, but i could be wrong.

10 division 1 players and 3 division 1 receivers who have a direct impact on the score when your corners are 5'7-5'9 make a difference. I do not know oak ridge corner ability but the ability to pass and the ability to take a short pass the distance was my thoughts.

Who Exactly are Folsom's 10 D1 Players?.... Obviously Nagata and Badger so who are the other 8?... Just Curious....

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Lynch, but I’m not sure I could name 7 more...

That Makes Sense, That Kid is a Beast!!!... Also, didn't the QB who Transferred there Announce on Twitter or something he had an offer from Sac State?....

I would think if he was really a D1 Caliber Prospect though, he would have beat out the Current QB who I don't think has any offers....

I know there was that article from Joe Davidson which called Folsom the Most Talented Team in Nor Cal and said like 10 or 11 kids held D1 Offers.... So Far I have 4, Ngata, Badger, Lynch and QB2....

If I wasn't so lazy I would just go look them up on 247 sports....:)

That Makes Sense, That Kid is a Beast!!!... Also, didn't the QB who Transferred there Announce on Twitter or something he had an offer from Sac State?....

I would think if he was really a D1 Caliber Prospect though, he would have beat out the Current QB who I don't think has any offers....

I know there was that article from Joe Davidson which called Folsom the Most Talented Team in Nor Cal and said like 10 or 11 kids held D1 Offers.... So Far I have 4, Ngata, Badger, Lynch and QB2....

If I wasn't so lazy I would just go look them up on 247 sports....:)

Backup has an offer from Duke according to Folsom staff when we visited them.

Reactions: THEOC89
Start going down the roster trust me they have at least 10. Patu the transfer QB has offers from Duke’Kansas, and a handful of others. CJ Hutton signed with UCD. The DB from Texas Higgins has offers from Baylor, Cal, Nebraska. Alex Wong I believe has an offer or 2. Christ to QB who actually started has PWO at ASU. The place is littered with d1 players.

Start going down the roster trust me they have at least 10. Patu the transfer QB has offers from Duke’Kansas, and a handful of others. CJ Hutton signed with UCD. The DB from Texas Higgins has offers from Baylor, Cal, Nebraska. Alex Wong I believe has an offer or 2. Christ to QB who actually started has PWO at ASU. The place is littered with d1 players.

Thanks!!!... So Ngata, Badger, Lynch, Patu, Hutton, TX DB, Wong and QB1 who doesn't have an Offer But a PWO.... I have to imagine the other Receiver Broussard has to have an offer or 2, that kid could play!!!

So that is 9 Including the D1 Walk On.... I am sure there are a couple others, so Close enough for Me!... :)

What I find so Surprising is that the Back Up Transfer QB From Folsom has all these offers, but The Oak Ridge QB Lamson doesn't have any offers???...

The Folsom Transfer Kid could barley get on the Field this year and Lamson had a great year and won the Section Title... How does that dude have no offers???.... Not Enough 7 on 7 or Camps???... This is exactly why I don't Follow or care to Follow recruiting and all that nonsense...

Hopefully Lamson gets some offers next year, the Kid is an Awesome Player and deserves it!!!!... Hopefully he leads OR over Central and on to State, I am Pulling for Him and the OR Kids!!!

Agreed on the D1 thing.

However I highly doubt Lamson has no offers. That’s next to impossible given his size and talent.

He’s clearly been on some campus visits, but possibly just isn’t publicizing who has offered like other kids do. Plus, he’s just a Junior with another season to go.

IMO there’s next to zero chance Sac State doesn’t offer him. But he’ll eventually receive so much FBS interest before next season is done that the Hornets program will be fighting a steep uphill battle to land him.

But I’d LOVE to see him replace Kevin Thomson as the dual threat QB in Troy Taylor’s offense.

Honestly, there are a lot of FBS programs that won’t develop him as well as Coach Taylor would.

In 4 years at the collegiate level, Taylor has already mentored 2 Conference Offensive MVP’s and the 5 Folsom QB’s that started for the program during his tenure all received D1 scholarships.

Memo to QB’s everywhere. Sac State is a pretty good option if you can’t land or stick with one of the top P5 programs.

Last edited:
QB recruiting is very strange and is toughest to get right. So many overhyped kids. The Patu kid has a brother at Cal, dad was a stud at Oregon. Still a game of who you know and connections. Lamson will end up having his choice. It’s takes one coach falling in love and rest is history. Troy Taylor has been at several games on the Sidelines. Justin would be great for sac state but My bet is he blows up this spring/summer. Ian Book is now top 4 on ND career TD. He was a heck of a player in HS at Oak Ridge but not that game changer that Lamson is at this stage. (When both were juniors)

Well, I hope he somehow slips under the radar and ends up playing for Taylor. But I just can’t see it happening. Name me a better QB in NorCal? And he’s every bit of 6-2 or maybe 6-3. This ain’t some undersized QB were talking about. That also is an athlete and can run.

Justin is being recruited. College coaches were at practice yesterday. However, he is 100% focused on this week. He knows the college options will be coming following the season. The QB position is different. Since he didn’t play QB last year, it puts him behind a bit in the process. Colleges want that year of film. BTW, our QB from last season Matt Jenner played this season for a prep school back east and did well enough to receive several scholarship offers however he has decided to take a PWO at Virginia Tech in January.

Lamson is every bit 6”3 200 and his brother is 6”6 290 lineman at UCD. He could easily end up 6”4 220 next year. Size is on his side. Parents are both big.

Figure it would be a matter of time. I don’t think anybody is worried about his focus. It’s just odd that a kid that talented with this many reps hasn’t gotten something firm. He’s been good for a long time. He didn’t come out of nowhere. Started years ago at jr Trojans level.

Glad to hear that about Jenner. He has a gear arm. Footwork was his Achilles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT