ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching shakeup at Sac High

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
More coaching news with games starting this month.

I don’t know any of the circumstances but tough news for Earl Allen, who is one of the good guys in the business.

More to the story than meets the eye

If coach Allen didn't do anything awful (I will give him benefit of the doubt) then this is such a disgraceful firing. A good man who has devoted over 20 years to that school and community. I am extremely interested to find out exactly why this happened.

Reactions: bballpeep
Terrible move by the Sac high administration/ new athletic director. And it probably sabotaged the Dragons season. This story isn't over yet.

There have been 4 athletic directors in 3 years. The administration has changed (Principal) just as many times. Feel bad for the students this senior class has had absolutely no stability and once again another change.

This sounds strange on many levels. So, If CC coach isnt let go does Coach Allen keep the Sac job? CC coach has some major backing to get dumped and picked up within a month. Any Sac folks got some details. I liked Sac coach and seems the community and kids also did. Whats the real deal behind this move?

Not only strange but stinks, the new AD has no experience as an AD or in Athletic Administration. Parents and players are in shock and many unhappy. Apparently the AD is friends with a group of aau guys that are coming in with McCall. What’s strange is that McCall was at both showcases held at Sac High talking with the AD and Coach Allen, even coaching a team with 3 of Sac best players along with some Capital kids. A day after Allen is fired he has the gig. At this point the school has not commented on the firing of Allen or the hiring of McCall.

Reactions: RJ223
The timing is very Bad. BUT strategic. Cause if it happened in Sept or October there would have been mass transfers. Now the players are kinda trapped in a way. Players may still leave. TO be honest Earl Allen is Sac High to the tee. Tough hard nosed and gritty. This change isn't gonna fly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT