ADVERTISEMENT

Current CIF Nor-Cal Bowl Projections

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Here are the current CIF Bowl Projections, more information and SoCal projections at link below.

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/11/15/cif-bowl-boards-3-north-south-2/

Open Division
De La Salle (11-0)

Division 1-AA
Folsom (10-1) vs. Liberty (10-0)

Division 1-A
Central Fresno (11-0) vs. St Francis (9-1)

Division 2-AA
Central Catholic (10-1) vs. Wilcox (10-0)

Division 2-A
Valley Christian (8-2) vs. Cardinal Newman (9-1)

Division 3-AA
Tulare (11-0) vs. Capital Christian (11-0)

Division 3-A
Bishop O’Dowd (8-2) vs. Palma (10-1)

Division 4-AA
McClymonds (8-2) vs. Menlo-Atherton (8-2)

Division 4-A
Chico (9-1) vs. Rio Linda (9-2)

Division 5-AA
Colfax (11-0) vs. West Valley (10-1)

Division 5-A
Moreau Catholic (10-0) vs. Modesto Christian (10-1)

Division 6AA
East Nicolaus (11-0) vs. Lincoln San Francisco (9-0)

Division 6-A
Kelseyville (9-1) vs. Denair (10-1)

Division 7-AA
Fall River (10-0) vs. TBD

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
Here are the current CIF Bowl Projections, more information and SoCal projections at link below.

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/11/15/cif-bowl-boards-3-north-south-2/

Open Division
De La Salle (11-0)

Division 1-AA
Folsom (10-1) vs. Liberty (10-0)

Division 1-A
Central Fresno (11-0) vs. St Francis (9-1)

Division 2-AA
Central Catholic (10-1) vs. Wilcox (10-0)

Division 2-A
Valley Christian (8-2) vs. Cardinal Newman (9-1)

Division 3-AA
Tulare (11-0) vs. Capital Christian (11-0)

Division 3-A
Bishop O’Dowd (8-2) vs. Palma (10-1)

Division 4-AA
McClymonds (8-2) vs. Menlo-Atherton (8-2)

Division 4-A
Chico (9-1) vs. Rio Linda (9-2)

Division 5-AA
Colfax (11-0) vs. West Valley (10-1)

Division 5-A
Moreau Catholic (10-0) vs. Modesto Christian (10-1)

Division 6AA
East Nicolaus (11-0) vs. Lincoln San Francisco (9-0)

Division 6-A
Kelseyville (9-1) vs. Denair (10-1)

Division 7-AA
Fall River (10-0) vs. TBD

So they’re handicapping the coin flips?

Valley Christian needs for either Salinas to beat Wilcox in the CCS Open I semis or for St. Ignatius to upset Sacred Heart Prep in Open III.

Reactions: FBAddict
I think the north has a good shot at winning 4 of top 5 SBG from this projection

Why is Cal Hi even doing this????

We all know what's going to happen....in the NCS all the 1 seeds are going to lose the coin flips and its going to be a complete disaster

D3 #1 CN
D4 #1 Moreau Catholic
D5 #1 Kelseyville

coin flip loser
coin flip loser
coin flip loser

McClymonds vs. Menlo-Atherton would be a travesty. A school of under 300 students versus one of 2,300.

McClymonds vs. Menlo-Atherton would be a travesty. A school of under 300 students versus one of 2,300.

You haven’t seen them play have you? I’d bet it would be closer than you think. Unfortunately for McClymonds they are a hard team to place. M-A might be a tough matchup, maybe McClymonds would fit better in that 4A slot, but then which of those teams would slide up?

There will be a big shake up in the south projections as 5-6 teams on his board lost this week

McClymonds was 14-0 and won the 5AA state title last year.
McClymondsds was 13-1 and won the 5A state title the year before.

God forbid you get bumped up a couple of levels and have to actually play someone tougher in the state title game. 4AA level is VERY fair. You will be going for your 3rd straight state title.

1st time in state title game I can see a gripe....

3rd in a row??? STFU

You haven’t seen them play have you? I’d bet it would be closer than you think. Unfortunately for McClymonds they are a hard team to place. M-A might be a tough matchup, maybe McClymonds would fit better in that 4A slot, but then which of those teams would slide up?

Seen them play? No. I played against them back when they had the "All-American Squad" (Tatum, Ward and Hill). I know all about Mack House and respect the program they've built very much.

But this has everything to do with enrollment. Mack hasn't done very well versus the PAL traditionally. Yes, they have a firing squad for a first team like no other. Their issue is depth. What happened when they played Liberty? They hung with them for a minute until numbers kicked their ass.

Have you seen Menlo-Atherton play? Mack has some dogs (Anderson, Julien, Dornners) but so does MA (Ngalu, Anderson, Heimuli, Franklin, Johnson).

Mack has not seen a defense like Menlo-Atherton's.

McClymonds was 14-0 and won the 5AA state title last year.
McClymondsds was 13-1 and won the 5A state title the year before.

God forbid you get bumped up a couple of levels and have to actually play someone tougher in the state title game. 4AA level is VERY fair. You will be going for your 3rd straight state title.

1st time in state title game I can see a gripe....

3rd in a row??? STFU

Makes sense to me.

I think it's MA that's in the wrong spot. Lost the 3AA state game 2 years ago and play in the CCS D1 Open playoffs. I could see them swapping MA and Capital Christian. 3AA seems a little high for CC. Lost 2 years ago in the 5AA Norcal game and were a first round loser in the SJS D5 playoffs last year. I get they are undefeated this year, but that's a substantial jump.

Reactions: 121wayz
Seen them play? No. I played against them back when they had the "All-American Squad" (Tatum, Ward and Hill). I know all about Mack House and respect the program they've built very much.

But this has everything to do with enrollment. Mack hasn't done very well versus the PAL traditionally. Yes, they have a firing squad for a first team like no other. Their issue is depth. What happened when they played Liberty? They hung with them for a minute until numbers kicked their ass.

Have you seen Menlo-Atherton play? Mack has some dogs (Anderson, Julien, Dornners) but so does MA (Ngalu, Anderson, Heimuli, Franklin, Johnson).

Mack has not seen a defense like Menlo-Atherton's.

McClymond's "300 enrollment" isn't exactly a normal 300, if I understand it correctly. Seems that the district makes concessions to the school, which is how they've been dominating the OAL for several years now. It would be impossible otherwise.

Further, keep in mind that they played Palo Alto in a very close game this year. Playing Menlo-Atherton would not be that big of a stretch.

As far as Liberty is concerned, it wasn't the numbers that allowed the Lions to pull away... they're just a better football team.

McClymond's "300 enrollment" isn't exactly a normal 300, if I understand it correctly. Seems that the district makes concessions to the school, which is how they've been dominating the OAL for several years now. It would be impossible otherwise.
It's my understanding that only about half of the kids that play football for McClymonds are actually enrolled there. In Oakland, if you attend a specialty HS that does not offer a Football program you are free to play for any of the city school that do offer one.

It's my understanding that only about half of the kids that play football for McClymonds are actually enrolled there. In Oakland, if you attend a specialty HS that does not offer a Football program you are free to play for any of the city school that do offer one.
Sounds very Bellevue Washington.What a scam that was and basically knocked them off the national seen

From your understanding that's how rumors spread. All of McClymonds players are student at McClymonds. That's simply TITLE lX I've seen schools all over the state use it.

You can be Title IXd into a sport for the following reasons:

1. Your school doesn’t offer the appropriately gendered team for you. You are legally allowed to play if you make the team. (ie, your school has men’s hockey, but you’re a strong female player)
  2. You attend a magnet school or homeschool that doesn’t offer your sport. My school didn’t offer cheerleading, so I cheered for another school.
If your school doesn’t offer your sport, with consent of two principals, you can usually play for another school. That second school is typically your neighborhood high school. I know people who did that for swimming.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Sounds very Bellevue Washington.What a scam that was and basically knocked them off the national seen
All players are students, don't believe the hearsay. I wouldn't say if I didn't know for a fact. Then I'd had to hear it in here if I was wrong ...lol

Reactions: ararar
From your understanding that's how rumors spread. All of McClymonds players are student at McClymonds. That's simply TITLE lX I've seen schools all over the state use it.

You can be Title IXd into a sport for the following reasons:

1. Your school doesn’t offer the appropriately gendered team for you. You are legally allowed to play if you make the team. (ie, your school has men’s hockey, but you’re a strong female player)
  2. You attend a magnet school or homeschool that doesn’t offer your sport. My school didn’t offer cheerleading, so I cheered for another school.
If your school doesn’t offer your sport, with consent of two principals, you can usually play for another school. That second school is typically your neighborhood high school. I know people who did that for swimming.

You were a cheerleader?

All players are students, don't believe the hearsay. I wouldn't say if I didn't know for a fact. Then I'd had to hear it in here if I was wrong ...lol

Excellent retort. Mack is SSOOO different than Goncharoffs charade at Bellevue. Kids “addresses” creative. Out-of-boundary van pools to school, players getting eligibility credit at big donors’ tutoring “centers” which equated to social hours instead of any meaningful instruction. Donors taking care of “expenses,” not tuition as it’s a public. Lastly, Bellevue is a very affluent suburb of Seattle.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, if all players are students at Mack then why mention the Title IX rule that allows students to play other than where they attend high school.

I don't think anyone is claiming they are cheating, just that it's not right to say they have a depth chart issue because they only pull from 300 students. Just because they only have 300 students enrolled doesn't mean they aren't pulling from a much larger population that is similar to schools with larger enrollment.

Reactions: DS2806
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, if all players are students at Mack then why mention the Title IX rule that allows students to play other than where they attend high school.

I don't think anyone is claiming they are cheating, just that it's not right to say they have a depth chart issue because they only pull from 300 students. Just because they only have 300 students enrolled doesn't mean they aren't pulling from a much larger population that is similar to schools with larger enrollment.

I was in response of what SearsPoints said "It's my understanding that only about half of the kids that play football for McClymonds are actually enrolled there. In Oakland, if you attend a specialty HS that does not offer a Football program you are free to play for any of the city school that do offer one." When all players are students at the school. It just how things get put out there that aren't true but they are not, That's all it :)

I was in response of what SearsPoints said "It's my understanding that only about half of the kids that play football for McClymonds are actually enrolled there. In Oakland, if you attend a specialty HS that does not offer a Football program you are free to play for any of the city school that do offer one." When all players are students at the school. It just how things get put out there that aren't true but they are not, That's all it :)
So do you know how many players for Mack are actually enrolled at Mack? It seems to me that SearsPoints was accurate in stating that not all Mack's players are counted in the 300 enrollment, so using Mack's enrollment figure isn't a true comparison to other schools indicative depth.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
So do you know how many players for Mack are actually enrolled at Mack? It seems to me that SearsPoints was accurate in stating that not all Mack's players are counted in the 300 enrollment, so using Mack's enrollment figure isn't a true comparison to other schools indicative depth.
Yes, I know that 100% of Mack's players are all students on campus. They don't have any kids from other schools are at the school even though it would be perfectly legal if one did just as well as at East Nicolaus,, Placer, Berkeley, Woodcreek, ect. any school in the U.S. See some saying something without knowing facts put stuff out there when it's nothing. I've been around the school since the '70's. It's a good program that rose from the ashes in football. Just as in 2008 no one thought they would go 32-0 and win the D1 state championship in basketball and finish No. 2 in the nation from the small school. Just lots of pride and history and that family bond from the alumni and community. MACK FAMILY

Last edited:
keep dreamin
Next thing we will hear is McClymonds was using helmet mics, go pros, spied on opposing practices in camo hunting gear, bugged opposing locker rooms, infected opponents with blood born pathogens. For Christ sake, Mac is no where on the level of the SLV shenanigans mentioned above.

I also heard some non sense that SLV has been cloning the better players over the last 10 years. At one point they had Octomom on the payroll so all 8 could attend for sports.

East Nic and Winters tomorrow should be a great matchup, it’s basically the section title game since I believe whichever team wins will eventually win it all.

Anyone have any word on Winters QB Daniel Carrion? I know he was injured the last few games but don’t know the extent. He is a difference maker though, great athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT